View Poll Results: Which is ur favourite Thambi song?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sudum Nilavu

9 50.00%
  • Ennama Devi

7 38.89%
  • Summa Kidantha

2 11.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thambi Songs

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suddum Nilave is a good song...though it was a clear inspiration of Azhagana Ratchasiye - Mudhalvan, the starting " aahh ahhh " is def from the line "Aragampulleke Arake Theriyuma,Kozhantha Kumari Naan Aama " and the "Suddum Nillave,Sudhathe Suriyan" is "Azhagana Ratchasiye,Adinenjil kuthikiriye"

and u can listen how VS arrangent the Ghatam for the starting,just to inform us "yes,its from Azhagana Ratchasiye" :P

btw,how come no 1 is talking about the 1 min beauty song,Kanava By Madhushre...i just love that the best in Thambi...!!!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dinesh:

Thats really a stretch. In that sense then Azhagana Raatchasiye should be an inspiration from Raja's 'Thayai Kuniyum Thaamaraye' or 'Poo malarnthida' (tik tik tik) or even 'Chinna kannan azhaikkiraan'. Now, the similarities you see are purely from the raagam perspective which is bound to be there since all these are based on Reetigowlai.

Personally, I'd say that Vidyasagar's interpretation is exquisitely beautiful. That the song has beautiful lyrics adds comsiderable value to the tune too!

Karthik

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inetk
    Dinesh:

Thats really a stretch. In that sense then Azhagana Raatchasiye should be an inspiration from Raja's 'Thayai Kuniyum Thaamaraye' or 'Poo malarnthida' (tik tik tik) or even 'Chinna kannan azhaikkiraan'. Now, the similarities you see are purely from the raagam perspective which is bound to be there since all these are based on Reetigowlai.

Personally, I'd say that Vidyasagar's interpretation is exquisitely beautiful. That the song has beautiful lyrics adds comsiderable value to the tune too!

Karthik
    yo man,ARRahman mentioned during those days [Mudhalvan],that he he faced a problem composing Azhagana Ratchasiye,coz it was so simular with a number from IR [not sure which though] he tried his best to make it sound a lil diff...

i was just pointing out that it sounded simular and never said it was a bad song coz it was inspired !! we sometimes need to voice our comments,just to share it .... not to push it down...hope u got my point... btw...u seem to be an expert in Raagas...i will need some help from u soon.... thanks!!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12