Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What does it mean to be thamizhs- PLEASE RESPOND

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

What does it mean to be thamizhs- PLEASE RESPOND

I am 19 yrs old. since i was 13 i ve lived abroad. but I have a fierce pride that i am a thamizhan. and by being a thamizhan, I consider myself lucky to call such an ancient, literary tradition as my own.

But u know what. it sometimes scares me to think that hardly anyone knows about the richness of their language/or history. if you dont even know. how are you going to be proud of it and worse still PROMOTE IT.

I am sick of people just raving on about the greatness of tamil. To most people it sounds as though we are all fanatics. Perhaps some people should take care of the living language thamizh too. i mean look at english which is flourishing now. greek, latin and that language sanskrit are all dead. the reason english is flourishing now is becos people speak it. chinese, japanese. they really speak it. UPDATE IT. and USE IT. why cant thamizhs do the same.

unmayil thamizh meedu patru irunthal ovvoru thamizhanum, thamizhil pesa, ezhutha karkka vendum. thamizh sould be made into a modern language. shortlly speaking two doctors should converse in thamizh medically. two scientists. two engineers. just as two philosophers or religious people might...

WHAT DO YOU THINK. we youngsters need some guidance from the PAZHAMS THAT grace this forum. dont we need to make varungala thamizh nadu a valamana thamizh nadu

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

CONTD

naan enthaenum thavaraga koori irunthal manniyungal. ungal pathilkalai yedhirparkiraen.

Post Thanks / Like
    neer sonathu 100% unmai ! unmaiyai thavira vaeru ondrum ellai !

neer mannippu koori ezhutha avasiyamum illai !
    Ashok

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber Maayavan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

malla mun-uThAranamAga nAm thigaZha vEndum

itli thosai:

I think each of us must contribute in some measures to the progress of our language. You know what, if you are interested in Sangath Thamizh literature and scout for books in Tamilnadu, you'll get them all at cheap rates and in cheap quality of print - such is the dire straits that we have fallen into.

I dont know if the passionate people who translated those epoch making works receive any Royalty at all or not.

We must make it a point to buy Tamil literature books - old and new and at least make it a point to converse in Tamil within family and friends.

There are enough things we can do - for instance, we both can learn to type in Tamil and communicate in our thAi mozhi.

Anbudan,

Thirumaal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mozhi azhivatharku erandu karanangal...

Onru, pesuvar illathu poguthal
    Erandu, kaalathirku yerpa mozhi valarathu irutthal

Athai miga azhagaga sutti katti irukkereerkal, Itli thosai.

Oru vithathil, intha erandam karanam thaan nam tamizh mozhiyaiyum indru baathikkirathu. Oru puram, munnerangal yeralam. avaikarku tamizhil sorkal illa..irunthalum, athai upayogikka yeno oru thayakkam...itharku naanum vidhi vilakka alla....kanipori enra sollai vida computer enbathe enakkum iyalbagha varugirathu. Oru karanam enna venral, namm mozhi ithanai pazhmai vaithanthaga iruppathe enru enakku thonrugirathu. Puthithaga vantha ivvarthaigalai yeno tamizh sorkalaga karuda mudiavillai.

aanal, neer solliya vannam, tamizhai naam "update" seithu "use" seiyya vidil, tamizhum azhiyumo enra achham irukkirathu. Thanayan irukka thai azhuvatha? tamizhan irukka, thanga thamizh azhivatha?
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

What does it mean....

Dear idli dosai,

Your intension is good.

But you have to see the practical possibilities.

There are more books in tamil for science and technology and medicine than any other language in india. Tamil University published tamil books for MBBS degree.

But with indian political setup you cannot implement tamil as language for science studies in colleges.

Employment oppurtunities should be there. Then only the learning of other arts through tamil will improve.

China and Japan have different political set up.

That is why tamils want to atleast history to make the tamil living.

But, I think, we can preserve tamil in literature only.

We have to look into the history of jews. They forgot their language migrated all over the world. Reached higher positions.Earned much.Influenced the world much. At last they revived the perished country and language after serveral years.

This is the one inspiration for tamils in history.
    "Kal thonri man thontra kalathay mun thonri mootha kudi"- a second century literature- means when before stone became sand in earth the tamil tribes were formulated

Post Thanks / Like
    What it means to be Tamils? Idli thosai, of course! If you don't go for that you cant be a Tamil!
    Araitha Maavai Araithal, Iditha Maavai Idithal,
    Avitha Maavai Avithal, Kindal, Kilaral, Mudithal!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What does it mean to be thamizhs- PLEASE RESPOND

Quote Originally Posted by itli thosai
    I am sick of people just raving on about the greatness of tamil. To most people it sounds as though we are all fanatics.

This guy is perfectly right. By parading around this forum claiming htat Tamil is better than other languages or that Tamil is the "best" langauge...you are not helping yourselves or Tamil in anyway...in fact, it only makes people think of you as an extremist and it makes whatever langauge you are trying to boast look bad...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What does it mean to be thamizhs- PLEASE RESPOND

Quote Originally Posted by Hyderbadi
    Quote Originally Posted by itli thosai
    I am sick of people just raving on about the greatness of tamil. To most people it sounds as though we are all fanatics.
    This guy is perfectly right. By parading around this forum claiming htat Tamil is better than other languages or that Tamil is the "best" langauge...you are not helping yourselves or Tamil in anyway...in fact, it only makes people think of you as an extremist and it makes whatever langauge you are trying to boast look bad...
    Looks like you quite envy the greatness of Tamil, don't you, Hyderbadi. Why don't you do the same for your tongue, I will support you! ... don't make the same mistake your brother did!
    Araitha Maavai Araithal, Iditha Maavai Idithal,
    Avitha Maavai Avithal, Kindal, Kilaral, Mudithal!

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

what it means to be Tamil?

Friend,

Tamil is one of the Oldest Languages, and now Tamils living in Abroad has more oppertunity to be in touch with Tamils, like this forum- LET US THANK ALL.

Friends,

Most of the SANGAM LIterature and Tirukural are available ONLINE- Downloadable- at
    www.tamilnet/projectmadurai

Please keep knowing the past. Sangam LIterature tells how deeply Tamils were religious with Practice of Vedas from Tholkappiyam Days. Also Sangam LIt. tells how much of Civilisation level of Tamils.

Knowing past History is best way to look at future.

MosesMohammedSolomon.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast