Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of standing Gods

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by madhu
    sitting.. standing.. reclining.. whats the difference ?

thats why 108 vaishvanite shrines are having Lord Vishnu in all different poses..

its all for us.. as per our wish..

really GOD is nirguNa brahmam..

its all in our mind only..
    True! its all in our mind. We created all these pictures and idols for ourselves, so we can have something before us to pray.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinesh2002
    hmmm....im my pooja place.... i have a Lord Shiva picture frame,a Lord Shiva statue that has Him sitting in the Yoga style with his eyes open, and 1 Shiva Lingam i made my self out of paper clay... is it wrong people??? and yea...im having a bad time in my life now...but i wouldnt blame it on the Shiva Lingam.... do enlighten me !!
    See you are saying it yourself "
    yea...im having a bad time in my life now...but i wouldnt blame it on the Shiva Lingam....
    ". It has nothing to do with anything. Have confidence and trust in god, everything will be fine .

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    why u go deep into superstitions!....

pray thats it!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yea.... i was just asking... its good to ask & learn than just beein ignorant rite ???
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkster
    Not exactly...the undeniable truth is that god lives in every particle of his creation...praying to him as idols wunt make any difference by a simple mental prayer. Usually whatever bad or good happens in ur life are the outcome of decisions that are made by you yourself..so you have to analyse your previous decisions to see what can be the solution.
    yup...had that in mind b4 i came accross this thread
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Sathyam Param Dhimahi

That 'Lord Krishna with a blowing flute means that all your riches would be blown away' is
    a false propaganda transmitted by agents
    of semetic religions in and out of the country with the intention of marring the spirituality, culture and tradition of Bharat(India). There
    is no remedy for their onslaught as they are
    being backed by power-grubbing politicians.
    The only solution is to remain dumb to these
    utterances and stick only to the teachings of
    great saints and scriptures. Majority of the
    people remain ignorant because this knowledge is still under cold storage. Each one should have the burning desire to acquire this great knowledge of the Rishis.

unnigopal
    Nandanam Vasudevasya
    Nandagopasya Nandanam
    Yesodha Nandanam Vande
    Devaki Nandanam Sadaa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braandan
    The word 'lingam' in sanskrit simply means just 'symbol'. Nothing to do with any private part. Some westerners have made up this story that Sivalingam is Siva's private part!
    (Please read the book 'The art of God symbolisation' by Swami Chinmayananda).

Siva is the Lord of Yama himself and the 'Annihilator' among the Trinity of Hinduism. He always live in cremation grounds, covering himself with ashes (that is why Hindus wear the 'bhasma' or ashes on their foreheads). A good example is 'Kashi' or Varanasi which is nothing but a huge cremation ground!
    Very interesting, Brandan. Thanks for the info. How could I be such an ignorant Indian?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sathyam Param Dhimahi

Quote Originally Posted by unnigopal
    That 'Lord Krishna with a blowing flute means that all your riches would be blown away' is
    a false propaganda transmitted by agents
    of semetic religions in and out of the country with the intention of marring the spirituality, culture and tradition of Bharat(India). There
    is no remedy for their onslaught as they are
    being backed by power-grubbing politicians.
    The only solution is to remain dumb to these
    utterances and stick only to the teachings of
    great saints and scriptures. Majority of the
    people remain ignorant because this knowledge is still under cold storage. Each one should have the burning desire to acquire this great knowledge of the Rishis.

oh yeah??? i didnt know, thats funny having krishna with flute blown away riches, its similar to the example that i gave about lakshmi sitting, keeps ur treasure home where as the treasure will go away if she is standing.. . Anyway nice to hear from u unnigopal... keep posting.

unnigopal

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Braandan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are notes sent to my email address from some other person whose account is yet to be opened in forumhub.
    Sorry, I read his mail late, and hence the late posting:

1. Siva Lingam - Means Lord Shiva's symbol and not any other meaning. This translation is as good as people writing "Stuck 2 Guns" which I read in some other article, the author actually wanted to say Stuck TO Guns but the way it was interpreted was Stuck TWO Guns. Similarly who ever has said Lingam is for private parts, please ask them not to split the word and read instead it is Siva Lingam and not just lingam. Then what does Anga Rakshak mean (in English Body Gaurd) but does it mean protector of only the private parts?? Angam means private parts also, so can we read it like that?

2. It is not that Lord Siva temple has to be in a burial ground. The explanation is Brahma is the creator, Vishnu is the transporter, while Siva is the destructor. Siva is the entire supremo of destruction of life (according to Hinduism) and hence Yama is his subordinate to carry out the operations - thats how Markandeya's story or Manjunatha's story (Dharmasthala Manunatha name has come after a devotee named Manjunatha) has come into picture. In Varanasi, from ages people have been going to Kasi during their last days because it was the belief that Siva would blow the Ramanamam and Siva Panchakshari in their ears before life is taken out of the body and hence people used to go to die in Varanasi. Hence where Lord Siva is people have got bodies burnt around. Unfortunately the notion turned the other way around.
    Vibhuthi is ash yes but it also means wealth.. "Vibhuthirbhoothir aiswaryam..." thats how it goes.

3. If you have heard of Mrutyunjaya mantram - whom does that refer to; isnt it Lord Siva? "Triyambakam yejamahe sugandhim pushti vardhanam ... mama mrutyur nasya aayur vardhataam". People performing pooja in burial grounds are actually doing Khsudra pooja and not Siva pooja.

4. Apprehensions about Lord Krishna blowing away wealth is wrong, he blows away the fears and hurdles. Listen to Vishnu sahasranama taatparyam "Anirudha suranando govindo govidaam pathihi.." and "yesya smarana maatrena janma samsara bandhanaath vimuchyathe...naarayana sabda maatram.. vimukhta dukha sukhino bhavanthu". Listening and chanting to Narayana's name is itself a protector from all fears, then having an idol of Krishna who is an incarnation of Lord Vishnu will not blow away the wealth of his devotees.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very interesting & informative, Braandan. Thanks!

Ok another thing- I have always wondered why there is no temple of Brahma, the Creator of the Universe, anywhere in India!!!! Out of the trinity, you have Vishnu & Shiva temples & devotees (Brahmins)are even divided into 2 sects- Vaishnavaites & Shivites.

Why is Brahma ignored then?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast