Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Quotes about cricket

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Merv Hughes and umpire dickie bird
    Merv asks dickie how man balls he has bowled that particular over. (An over being 6 balls)
    Merv: How many is that?
    Dickie Bird: 3
    Merv: 3 gone or 3 to come?
    Dickie: 3 gone, 4 to come as I am going to no ball you for being a ****************

Mervyn Hughes to Gooch after playing and missing at a number of consecutive deliveries: I'll get you a piano instead to see if you can play that.

Inzaman Ul-Haq to Brett Lee - Stop bowling off-spinners.

Ian Healy asked Arjuna: "Got your legs shivering?"
    Arjuna replied: "Yes, I’m tired after sleeping with your wife"

Malcolm Marshall was bowling to David Boon who had played and missed a couple of times.
    Marshall: "Now David, Are you going to get out now or am I going to have to bowl around the wicket and kill you?"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Denis Lillee and Mike Gatting - Australian pace bowler Lillee stopped on his run up to Gatting in the opening match on England’s 1994-95 tour to deliver the immortal: “Hell, Gatt, move out of the way. I can't see the stumps.”

i'm sure tht the date is wrong.

Flintoff Vs Tino Best

Best, never short of a word or two when he is bowling, was done up like a kipper by the England all-rounder as West Indies slumped to defeat in the first Test. Flintoff saw his opponent preparing to face Giles' off-spin and shouted: " Watch the windows, Tino!" The wind-up had the desired effect, causing Best to come charging out of his crease like a man possessed. He took a wild swing at the ball, missed and was promptly stumped by Geraint Jones. Not a broken window in sight. Flintoff could not contain himself and spent the next five minutes giggling like a teenager, as Best sat on the balcony rueing his stupidity.

Mother (in law) of all sledges:

In the 1980's Ian Botham returned early from a tour of Pakistan, and on radio joked " Pakistan is the sort of country to send your mother in-law to ." Needless to say the Pakistanis did not find this amusing, and when Pakistan defeated England in the 1992 World Cup Final, Aamer Sohail told Ian Botham " Why don't you send your mother-in-law out to play, she cannot do much worse."

Viv Richards to Gavaskar:

Gavaskar had decided to relinquish his opening position and come in at no 4 for that test. But, Malcolm Marshall fired out Anshuman Gaekwad and Dilip Vengsarkar for ducks, setting the stage for Gavaskar to walk in at 0/2.And he thought there would be less pressure! Viv Richards says " Man, it don't matter where you come in to bat, the score is still zero."

Barmy Army Vs Shane Warne

England's "Barmy Army" recently decided to sledge leg spinner Shane Warne musically, and it has been described as boorishly personal, but effective.

The sledge was based on Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep - the "Where's your poppa gone?" Song. It has been converted to " Where's your missus gone?" (Warne had recently been divorced ith ife)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hughes was an enthusiastic sledger and targeted Graeme Hick (pictured) for his venom, viewing him as weak at the mental side of the game. "Mate," he would say, "if you just turn the bat over, you'll find the instructions on the other side." Or: "Does your husband play cricket as well?'

Australia fighting for a win nearing the end of a Test Match

Fred Trueman at the crease. The Aus captain has plenty of

close-in fielders, whose shadows fall on the wicket.

Fredie finds this objectionable. 'Ere, if you lads don't back off,

I'll appeal for bad light!"

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waugh Vs Jamie Siddons:
    In a Sheffield Shield game between NSW and SA, a Waugh twin (not sure which) was taking an enternity to take guard, asking the umpire for centre, middle and leg, two legs - the whole lot. Then he steps away towards leg side and has another look around the field, before re checking centre. Jamie Siddons is at slip, and decided enough is enough. He yells out. "For christ sake, it's not a 'f*ckin test match."
    Waugh replies: " Of course it isn't … You're here. "
    You missed Siddons' repartee.

It was Mark Waugh and Siddons' reply was
    "Atleast I am the best player in my family"

Arjuna Ranatunga was also quite a riot:

Healy to Warne who was bowling to Ranatunga:
    "Place a Mars bar near short leg, Warnie. This fat slob will come out licking his mouth"

Arjuna's reply
    "I'll have no chance of reaching the mars bar, Heals. Boonie(who was fielding at short leg) will be onto it in a flash"

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought mark waugh sledge was known to every one and thats why i left it out.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ivlo kevalamaa ellaam pesikitrindhirukkanga... sledging'nra perula.... aana monkay gate madhiriyana visayathukkellaam over-react panranga...
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "It's easier to play cricket than clean toilets." Ray Price prefers turning his arm over for Zimbabwe, to what he used to do before becoming an international cricketer

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    this man is a character!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ote/index.html

" If there is an uglier top three in the world than Andrew Strauss, Cook and Trott, I don't know of it."
    Graeme Swann is grateful for England's prolific top three but says he wouldn't pay to watch them bat
    INDIAN...WORLD CHAMPION!!!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    And he just called his team mate an idiot
    (Praveenkumar, Sreesanth, Munaf-lAm ivan teamla irundhA epdi kalAippAnO!)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234