Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BEST BACKGROUND SCORES

Senior Member Senior Hubber karthik_sa2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

BEST BACKGROUND SCORES

background scores play an important role in lifting the movie.some of the background scores of music directors has been left unoticed.so guys it woud be nice if u can list out some nice background scores any MD's .

1.i feel MSV didn concentrate much on background scores.

2.coming to IR the genious- revealed how important r background scores in tamil films for the first time.liked many of his movies to list some of the best
    a.anjali
    b.kadhaluku mariyadhai
    c.siraichalai
    d.punagai mannan
    e.azhagi
    f.dhalapathi
    g.mounaragam

3.arr-maymadham,minsaraknavu,roja,bombay

4.ysr-kadhal kondein,7g,pudhupetai,mounam paesiyadhe

5.hj-minnale,kaaka kaaka

to mention a few

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BEST BACKGROUND SCORES

Quote Originally Posted by karthik_sa2
    background scores play an important role in lifting the movie.some of the background scores of music directors has been left unoticed.so guys it woud be nice if u can list out some nice background scores any MD's .

2.coming to IR the genious- revealed how important r background scores in tamil films for the first time.liked many of his movies to list some of the best
    a.anjali
    b.kadhaluku mariyadhai
    c.siraichalai
    d.punagai mannan
    e.azhagi
    f.dhalapathi
    g.mounaragam

3.arr-maymadham,minsaraknavu,roja,bombay

4.ysr-kadhal kondein,7g,pudhupetai,mounam paesiyadhe

5.hj-minnale,kaaka kaaka

to mention a few
    IMO, HJ's best BGM ever came in Ullam Ketkumae. Can watch movie just for BGM.

Vidyasagar did a wonderful job in Parthiban Kanavu. Simply unparallelable!

GVPrakash has done a pretty decent job in Veyil.

Come on.. how can you miss Nadodi Thendral when you talk about IR's BGM work.

ARR did so well in Kandukondain Kandokondain...

Post Thanks / Like
    Come on.. how can you miss Nadodi Thendral when you talk about IR's BGM work.
    s indeed nadodi thendral was one of IR's best work.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    how can u miss alaipayuthey for ARR?

Post Thanks / Like
    guys my taste may differ from others.pls give in ur fresh list

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    IR : Anjali, Mouna Ragam, Karakatakaran, Azhagi
    ARR : Jeans, Mudhalvan, Indian, Iruvar
    YSR : 7 G, Povellam Kettupar, Arindhum Ariyamulum
    HJ : 12B, Laysa Laysa, Samurai
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    For IR..who is undoubtedly king of bgm..there are many to list..so let us focus on the others.

People say YSR is better than ARR in this area..but i feel YSR's bgm is just a mix of both...we got to give credit to ARR for introducing a new style of BGM also..using keyboard sounds or at times natural sounds. If IR managed to bring out the emotions and beauty of the scene ARR managed to give the scene a robust and energetic effect.

Most notably....Kannathil Muthamittal(A idea of how keyboard sounds can sound so pathos like), Minsara Kanavu (He has used some orchestraic pieces in the songs and parts as well), Mudhalvan( The bgm makes the movie even more peppier and heroistic feel), Indian ( He used a theme for the indian thatta that HJ sort of modified it to use for the Anniyan theme(not stranger in black)),Alaipayudhey(His forte..romantic bgms)

Another unnoticed personality is VA..i notice he loves to use minisongs as BGM in dishoom..and by2 had a forest like background score...not so polished..but very effective as well(VA stands for vijay antony)

Karthik raja...he is a offset of IR but it really is nice to hear his BGMs...dum dum dum,album and naalai had some fantastic background scores.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BEST BACKGROUND SCORES

Quote Originally Posted by karthik_sa2
    I do not know abt MSV's bgm but in those days the focus was always on songs....and directors preferred a logical and simple rerecording thus MSV not being noticed well...but his later movies after IR came showed some of his skills....billa and thillu mullu...ninaithaaley inikkum had refreshing BGM scores...and if im not wrong he is one of the fastest in BGM scoring.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkster
    For IR..who is undoubtedly king of bgm..there are many to list..so let us focus on the others.

People say YSR is better than ARR in this area..but i feel YSR's bgm is just a mix of both...we got to give credit to ARR for introducing a new style of BGM also..using keyboard sounds or at times natural sounds. If IR managed to bring out the emotions and beauty of the scene ARR managed to give the scene a robust and energetic effect.

Most notably....Kannathil Muthamittal(A idea of how keyboard sounds can sound so pathos like), Minsara Kanavu (He has used some orchestraic pieces in the songs and parts as well), Mudhalvan( The bgm makes the movie even more peppier and heroistic feel), Indian ( He used a theme for the indian thatta that HJ sort of modified it to use for the Anniyan theme(not stranger in black)),Alaipayudhey(His forte..romantic bgms)

Another unnoticed personality is VA..i notice he loves to use minisongs as BGM in dishoom..and by2 had a forest like background score...not so polished..but very effective as well(VA stands for vijay antony)

Karthik raja...he is a offset of IR but it really is nice to hear his BGMs...dum dum dum,album and naalai had some fantastic background scores.
    Hulkster, VA's forest like BGM score is "Carnivore's Behavior" and its a straight lift (infact a poor copy) of Taal title music where Aish gets some wierd dreams.

Yes, Alaipayuthey BGM was so mellifluous.... Kerala sequences with 'Evano Oruvan' tune as the base.. was awesome! Guys, one more thing.. In Kandukondain Kandokondain... there is an awesome Nadhaswaram piece when they wash the house after the death of Nizhalgal Ravi's dad. Purely a ARR tune - so different and it stands out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know abt MSV's bgm but in those days the focus was always on songs....and directors preferred a logical and simple rerecording thus MSV not being noticed well...but his later movies after IR came showed some of his skills....billa and thillu mullu...ninaithaaley inikkum had refreshing BGM scores...and if im not wrong he is one of the fastest in BGM scoring
    dude
    true ninaithaale innikum thillu mullu period he did start to concentrate on background scores but still never had great appeal .sometimes he makes funny sounds during fights and sometimes even during bgm between songs.typical late MSV period.no doubts he is one of the greatest music directors TFM has ever produced but still he never proved his prowess in rerecoding is my opinion.thats y even in SENTHAMIZL paatu he left the bgm part to IR.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast