Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this true Spirituality?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this true Spirituality?

Well, this is regarding a certain relative of mine( my uncle's wife's sister to be precise). Well, She & her husband run a multi-crore Company where they manufacture artificial limbs, pace-makers & other bio ceramics. Its a flourishing business and they are really stinking rich.

Now to the point:- They became 'spiritual' or so they claim a decade ago- they all turned vegetarian and started conducting lots of 'poojas' in their home and everything. Last year, they built a multi-crore Shiva Temple Complex. Every morning in their home starts with a Ganesh Pooja and all. And God is really blessing them in every possible way.
    They were very particular they want only an IIT-IIM groom for their eldest daughter & got one. And all that wish come true.

Now the thing is if u r truly spiritual, will you judge others on their money? I don't think so. They look down upon everyone who aren't upto their 'level'. And also mock ppl on other petty things. So the question is are they really 'spiritual' as they claim? If they still treat their fellow beings like this, why is God still helping them out so much?

When I read the Gita, what I felt was a oneness with the Universe and could not even think of the differences in terms of education, wealth, caste or creed between me & someone else. I also felt a total renouncement for material things. . Am I weird or them?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing is that whatever that we are involved physicall or verbally is totally our effort..so regardless of the outcome it has nothing to do with GOD.

I dunt see spiritualism here..it is more of desperation that GOD will help them and now it is their "belief" that GOD is on their side that is turning them into such "superior" individuals.

GOD is not helping them...in fact even if they do good or do evil it is totally their own effort and what rises out of there is also due to what they did...one thing we have to understand is that GOD only helps us when things are way beyond human comprehension...other than that its all ours through and through.

As for the GITA...If your someone who is moved by spirituality high chances that the GITA will affect you as it is very spiritually dominated. So its not weird or anything it is totally normal. To me it does not affect as i have a totally different perspective of life(neither spiritualism or religion). Remember that you can pray to GOD for wellbeing but whatever things you do and what comes out of it are your own doing and nobody else...hope you grasp the point

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Braandan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 'spiritual' label just enhances their egos. That is all. It is useful to them and their business and also to give them a high status in the community in which they move.

A real spiritual person would never label himself/herself as 'spiritual'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly, I know, Braandan..........but when they get all that they desire, one wonders if even the Gods are scared of them! lol!

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its not that God is scared of them..it could be a mere coincident that they get whatever they wish for..but only they will know the truth if they are actually getting what they want..and that they are happy with what they have..

I always beleive that God is fair to everyone..he gives something..and take something in return..

But that doesnt mean we should not work for what we want..of course..we should work hard..and strive if we want something in our lives..but above that..it is God that decides...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A true spiritual person wouldn't look down upon someone who is lesser then them in terms of wealth/looks/education/caste etc etc

I would say that they aren't spititual...but religious.

There is a difference between being spiritual and religious..espicially in a vast religion like Hinduism.

To me..being spiritual would be following the core beliefs of Hinduism which is what is said in the gita, as u said alan:

"a oneness with the Universe and could not even think of the differences in terms of education, wealth, caste or creed between me & someone else."

Where as being religous I guess would be being devoted to a god, or a group of gods alone, and not other aspects of the religion. Which is why they built this awesome temple and all the poojas etc.

Nothing wrong with being religious..infact building a temple is something that should be appreciated.

As for them making so much money....Some might disagree with me here, but I think it's their fate...it is just in their fate that they will be rich, and make so much money. Ofcourse their hard work also plays a big role.

I wouldn't say that either of u are wierd!

Ur just different kinds of ppl who look for different things in hinduism, or possible any religion for that matter.
    Back after a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    See, its not the question of making money but the question of looking down upon others who haven't made like them.

Once they came to our hse - we had just redone our showcase , the varnish hadn't dried fully yet and hadn't flled it in with the curios. She was alike, "At least why don't u keep some brassware in it?"

Probably, she thought we were too poor to buy crystal or glassware and hence the suggestion.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Would a truly 'Spiritual' person insist on an IIT-IIM son-in-law? (Their true intentions were revealed later- they wanted the son-in-law to come down from the States & take over their Co as they have no sons themselves)
    I mean, a truly Spiritual person would be ready to accept anything God has stored for them, right?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    Would a truly 'Spiritual' person insist on an IIT-IIM son-in-law? (Their true intentions were revealed later- they wanted the son-in-law to come down from the States & take over their Co as they have no sons themselves)
    I mean, a truly Spiritual person would be ready to accept anything God has stored for them, right?
    Well...I'm not sure abt that. They might be spiritual, but their daughter might not. They just want their daughter to have the best I guess. I do think that a truely spiritual person would still want the best for their daughter.

But from the stuff u've said abt them, they don't seem spiritual at all to begin with. :P
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Braandan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again these are just labels people give to each other or to themselves. We try to classify others and outselves into some groups and devise laws and rules for each classification, and point finger at each other when members of the group do not adhere to the laws. Whether they call themselves by a label and act like people of a different label does not matter in the long run.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast