Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree to some extend

why? donno
    Anbe Sivam

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are the person in love, or involved in the war, you will agree! Faced with the prospect of losing your beloved, or your life, you will suddenly find everything is fair, as long as you get your beloved/ save your life.

If you are negatively impacted by the love, or by the war, you will disagree!
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, warfare is fair in love, but is all fair in love & war ?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    In general terms,

NOTHING IS FAIR for all.

What is fair for me, wont be fair for u.

All is fair in love FOR LOVERS
    All is fair in war FOR 2 PPL WHO REPRESENT WAR.

But for others (standing away from involved parties) IT IS NOT FAIR, if it INVOLVES their dissatisfaction.

So ,

ALL IS FAIR IN WAR - yes! (for those 2 parties alone)

ALL IS FAIR IN LOVE - yes! (for the couple who are in love alone)

but IT NEED NOT AND WILL NOT BE FAIR, on others who gets affected because of these above parties.

SO, THIS QUOTE CANNOT BE GENERALISED.

When I become a lover, IT MAY BE FAIR FOR ME
    When I become a party who is fighting, ITS FAIR FOR ME, else as an outsider, or as a 3rd party who is involved AND GETS DISTURBED IN UNFAIR WAY,

this quote IS NOT TRUE

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A pattimanram thread- a place for war of wits/nuts, a chance to argue for argument's sake!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do you say it is unfair KM?
    Love .. Say I am in love with a girl and she is in love with me and we both understand each other and we feel that we can lead a good life, What's unfair in this? I feel the disputes which comes in between in my and her personal, is absolutely unfair.
    So do you say Caste,religion,status or someother which comes in between two very good and pure heart is fair?? Endha ooru gyayam??

War.. once again no soldiers fight and die for their own happiness..they are doing for their nation's pride! Appo namma naatukkaga sethu pona soldiers ellam unfair-a? Namma freedom fighters? Yosinga Yosinga

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The means/paths/strategies/ lies/falsehoods/manouvres/treasons/treacheries sought to WIN in love or war is the topic- whether they need be fair or unfair!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    All is fair in love ?
    A loves B, B and C are in love with each other. A says my love is pure and that C is a karadi. So he kills the karadi ... fair enough?

All is fair in war ? who said war is fair, whatever the excuse we give for war!
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    i feel the quote is subjective for the person(s) involved in a situation of love or war. if i am asked to vote, i will say the quote is false.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Designer, everything in this world is subjective. The question is, to what extent?

But there are certain notions that are subjective to an extent that they no longer seem acceptable when viewed from a wider perspective. Having said that, I will also say that no perspective is wide enough

I too go by you designer

PS: I dont think this saying is intended to define a moral stance. I guess it is more of a commentary on egocentric nature of a lover and on an individual surrendering to a social contract incase of a soldier.
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast