Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Memories Of Greatest Cricketers - - #8 Shane Warne

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    That wouldnt be the case if a certain Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar or Brian Charles Lara are in the panel. enakku Chappell karugara vaasanai nallA mookkai thoLaikkudhu.

I really dont believe Duleep Mendis inwardly believes Murali chucks and uses this opportunity to express his true feelings on chucking - do you believe so? Some goodhal is clearly involved here.

Wasnt Mendis part of the board in some capacity when they fought against Murali being victimised?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    As I've said earlier too, I think, many many people have been helplessly gagged.
    Great. idhai thAn dharmam mIndum vellum-nu solluvAnga.

Post Thanks / Like
    And the judge probing match fixing in pakistan clearly said that he is leaving Akram off the hook despite proof being available of wrong-doing because he was a fan!

Is alleged chucking, which is only one interpretation of the laws, a bigger offence than proven match fixing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    I really dont believe Duleep Mendis inwardly believes Murali chucks and uses this opportunity to express his true feelings on chucking - do you believe so? Some goodhal is clearly involved here.

Wasnt Mendis part of the board in some capacity when they fought against Murali being victimised?
    IIRC Mendis was the tour manager in the '95 tour of Australia and was part of the fight against the alleged victimization.

btw did it come down to a clear either-or vote? i.e. one slot that Murali-Warne were contesting for? Perhaps everyone wanted Warne and not everyone wanted Murali and the sets are not mutually exclusive. And that's how the votes were counted.

If so, you would find the results less surprising wouldn't you?

And the judge probing match fixing in pakistan clearly said that he is leaving Akram off the hook despite proof being available of wrong-doing because he was a fan!
    Oh is it!

Is alleged chucking, which is only one interpretation of the laws, a bigger offence than proven match fixing?
    Apple Orange 'mbAingaLE.

Murali thangamaana raasaa 'nu oorukkE theriyum. I have said here a ton of times that he is a likeable guy and my disagreement is only with the spineless system that has caved in and allowed him to bowl the way he does.

If it is indeed the case that Akram cheated and he gets banned for it, I am only going to feel glad about it. I have no loyalty to speak of in these things. But I will still think the ball that got Allan Lamb in the '92 WC final is the one of the best balls that I have ever seen in a game of cricket.

This is not a fanboy squabble.

Anyway, if you insist then the proper comparison would be to make the final comparion of 'greatness' consideration only the acceptable performances. That is:

- excluding fixed matches of Akram
    - excluding non doped matches of Warne
    - excluding chucked balls of Murali......oops, that would be his entire career, no?
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    IIRC Mendis was the tour manager in the '95 tour of Australia and was part of the fight against the alleged victimization.

btw did it come down to a clear either-or vote? i.e. one slot that Murali-Warne were contesting for? Perhaps everyone wanted Warne and not everyone wanted Murali and the sets are not mutually exclusive. And that's how the votes were counted.

If so, you would find the results less surprising wouldn't you?
    Yes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you prove that feeyaar?
    How do you prove that Murali chucked(even according to your own rules rather than ICC's) every ball of his career? Isnt that mere perception?

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you prove that feeyaar?
    How do you prove that Murali chucked(even according to your own rules rather than ICC's) every ball of his career? Isnt that mere perception?
    Yes. My perception. Just that it was shared by many and I allege would have been shared by a whole lot more people if only they were not gagged by the unfortunate developments.

Prove? According to what yardstick? According to something like the ingenious angle rule that ICC came up with

To call for 'greater inclusiveness', 'application to consider taking a lenient stand in view of the greater contributions to the game' etc. is one thing but are you saying his action is clean as a whistle? Come on now.

When place is given, you grab religious establishment-A?

Post Thanks / Like
    Prove according to your own yardstick.
    That is to say, define your own yardstick. Go watch every match of his ball-by-ball. Then confirm that every such ball was chucked according to your own yardstick.
    Then you can say that chucking constituted his own career.

Post Thanks / Like
    Prove according to your own yardstick.
    That is to say, define your own yardstick. Go watch every match of his ball-by-ball. Then confirm that every such ball was chucked according to your own yardstick.
    Then you can say that chucking constituted his own career.
    My yardstick is me. Whatever I feel is a chuck is. And I have not seen a single non chuck ball (save those legbreaks I linked last time we discussed). In all his offbreaks, his arm is bent and that is the reason he is able to use his wrist the way he does.

I'd've watched about 10% of the balls he bowled in his career. And if the other 90% had been radically different I guess I'd've heard (idhukkum proof kEtturaadheenga). So I can reasonanly conclude that according to my yardstick he was a perma-chucker.

A.Ars to Sivam: Hey, I already told you all this man.

Post Thanks / Like
    What's next, Shoaib Akthar's action is clean too?

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast