Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Experiences with ACHAARYAS / GURUS

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Our Experiences with ACHAARYAS / GURUS

Dear Friends,

We all tread in diff path, but towards the same goal.
    I am sure each one of us have our own ACHAARYAS OR GURUS about whom we read, or listen or even experience their prescence or blessings in our daily life.

Lets share our

1. EXPERIENCES with gurus
    2. their quotes
    3. excerpts from speeches
    4. their books
    5. their life history

or otherwise how they have changed or guided ur life.

This is dedicated to ALL ACHAARYAS or GURUS, hence, u can feel free to talk about ur own guru irrespective of religion.

Let us share good thoughts, ideas, experiences and enrich ourselves.

____

I however request...

1. LET US KEEP THIS THREAD, abuses free, and let each express their experiences alone.

2. LET US not criticise or condemn any other guru / tradition or path

3. THIS IS NOT TO pull down or point out flaws of any religion or gurus

4. LET US KEEP THIS THREAD AWAY FROM BOGUS GURUS or FALSE SWAMINS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber anbu_kathir's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sri Gurubhyo namaha.

Experiences with Guru's (a personal one) nnu solla adiyEnidam avalavaa ethuvum illai. The books that caused a personal transformation in me were the " Conversations with God" series of books by Neale Donald Walsch. I cried and laughed and danced and sang with joy and peace and a sense of unlimited freedom and love with the series of books by the same author. I guess one gets the picture from the previous sentence .

As I gobbled down the books, I had a mad and compelling desire to get them to as many people as I thought would make use of them, but almost none have. Beyond a point I painfully understood that people have their own ways and paths of coming to the Light and nothing could be forced. As such my 'desire' for spreading the word around ended ( although I still completely enjoy having spiritual discussions).

Right now I am merely in a process of observation, observing the mind, the body, its actions and reactions, etc. After all, it seems, everyone has darkness and Light within and showing either is a choice that is made every moment. The fight between the dualities within myself looks like a painful and tiresome struggle especially when there is much attachment to the world and the mistaken notions of the self.

I must say that is where it stands now. I have been shown books, people, movies, poems, music, all of the Light, all embraced by an infinite sea of Love that makes me humbler than the humblest of beings, and yet exalted as a part of the All. Again there is this contradiction, yet this is a beautiful and a harmonious one. To me, all these and also what lies ahead in the path that has been set for me, definitely seem nothing else but Guru-Krupa.

Much Love and Light,
    Prasad.

Post Thanks / Like
    I try to keep as far from organized religious orders as possible. Inertia and/or reluctance to being a loud iconoclast meant I once found myself in the presence of religious head of the order my family associates itself with.

I had also read articles by him and was impressed by his scholarship. In the magazine internal to the religious order,
    he had written a series of essays concerned largely about Indian philosophy. He had fluently (even accessibly) written about comparative religious philosophies and extended impressive arguments the universal "oneness" and all that.

But when a couple of relatives of ours met him in person He advised them on the importance of not paying obseisances to the "wrong" Gods. Since then I have heard from reliable sources of other discriminatory practices.These kind of things make you lose faith on age, scholarship and what not.

This is for me. Imagine someone who believed he was the one who had all answers, was infalliable etc. Such a person may have been shattered.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to read both ur posts. Anbukkathir,
    I actually was hunting for Neale Donald Walsch in a bookshop last week (after reading urs!)

I dont know, how credible my post is gonna be, IF i say, I DO NOT HAVE A GURU until now.

My mind, does not readily accept ANYONE so far, as someone who knows everything or can clear every one of my doubts. I have lot of weird unanwered questions, NOBODY is able to gimme convincing answres.

May be I need to search within myself than seek out. But I NEED A GUIDE, a person whom I can falll back upon, like a child towards a father.

I do love to have a guru. I aint sure IF I would find any.

I have no inhibitions and have found ALMOST ALL RELIGIOUS books and teachings are good and have great respect for

Ramana maharishi, ramakrikshna, aurobindo, buddha, jesus, gita (by krishna), Chinmayanandha, J.Krishnamoorthy, osho....

list goes on.

I love reading good books on metaphysics. Though I have not read any until now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the man i consider to be as my metor or Guru is Thirumuruga Kirubananda Variyar

Many many gurus i have heard of but none that quite impressed me as much as him

For one, he doesn't claim to be God or some divine figure. He is human, and an exemplary one at that.

He is jolly, funny witty and sharp. He is cute in the way he talks as well. A very Grandfatherly figure. Without any of the "holier than thou" airs you see. He is very frank and open. Just see on of his discourses

Its exceedingly obvious that he has divine powers, the way he can just sing the thiruppugal or any sloka.

And he uses examples and can explain even profund philosophies in a way that is simple and easy to follow

And he says "only through compassion can God be felt"

Simple statement but so true. He made me proud of being Hindu and tamil.
    ~~I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.~~

Senior Member Senior Hubber anbu_kathir's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Janar
    Well the man i consider to be as my metor or Guru is Thirumuruga Kirubananda Variyar

Many many gurus i have heard of but none that quite impressed me as much as him

For one, he doesn't claim to be God or some divine figure. He is human, and an exemplary one at that.

He is jolly, funny witty and sharp. He is cute in the way he talks as well. A very Grandfatherly figure. Without any of the "holier than thou" airs you see. He is very frank and open. Just see on of his discourses

Its exceedingly obvious that he has divine powers, the way he can just sing the thiruppugal or any sloka.

And he uses examples and can explain even profund philosophies in a way that is simple and easy to follow

And he says "only through compassion can God be felt"

Simple statement but so true. He made me proud of being Hindu and tamil.
    Wow yes, indeed. My brother once had got a Thiruppugazh booklet signed by him. I now have that and it is a priced possession .

Love and Light.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting thread.

I had a magical experience with a GURU - Shirdi Sai Baba

I was admitted in a hospital years ago critically and I had a dream of the picture of shirdi sai babas image floating in water.I was not a devotee os shirdi sai baba then.Just had watched a movie about him.

I dint think abt it the next day and on next day morning a person came to the room and said "shirdi sai baba" has sent him and gave his blessings by placing the "oodhi" on my forehead.

I was wondering with my eyes wide..am i really experiencing something special..like that..

Then on everything went so smoothly and I completely recovered and one day early morning I had this dream of a BIG SHIVA LINGAM slowly changing to shirdi sai baba.

I got up on the morning and heard my mom saying the it was "maha pradhosham" - an auspicious day for shiva...goosebumps...

Me and my friend went to shirdi sai baba temple and he was then a "naathigan"...konjam nakkal pudichavan...he came out of the temple and told what happened inside.

he was watching the people sitting there and thought something funnily and dint care much about the deity ... just as he thought his leg hit a iron rod hardly in the temple..."aahaaa" apdinu nenachu mariyadhaiya pray pannirukan apuram..hehe

sairam
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi.
    In my entire Education life, I learned different subjects and lessons from different Teachers or Gurus but my Maths teacher in 10th standard is the most admirable for me. His dedication towards teaching is simply awesome.
    where there is a will there is a way

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

My MIRACULOUS Experience... with the Ex. Kanchi Acharya swami...

....NADAMAADUM DHEYWAM

...Sri Sri Chandra Sekharendra Saraswathi Swamihalh.

[html:5c590ea360]
    [/html:5c590ea360]
    While I was employed as Civil-Engineer at Chennai then...

....one of my Acquaintances approached me for Technical Professional Consultancy...

....on the proposed Construction of his new House at the Outskirts of Chennai.... which I agreed.

..Mutual terms were pre-determined and documented.

Being the staunch devotee of "Nadamaadum Dheywam" ... he took up the Drawings to Swamiji and secured His blessings....in advance of Commencement of Execution.

Since he repeatedly requested me for restricting the cost without reducing the proposal content... despite his meagre budget...

I had to break my head... day and night... worked for him quite hard... in every aspect...

....using all my capacity and personal influences in the Construction-field... and amongst the relevent Suppliers and Workmen.

But the pity was... that he did not pay me the fees as per agreement... and was postponing the professional fee payment to me... indefinitely.

..until Grahapravesam too.!

No doubt he thanked me a lot... for getting his House constructed... just at HALF THE PREVAILING MARKET COST....

...Which fact was acknowledged and commended by all his friends and Relatives too... congratulating me personally.

But, I never complained to anybody on his negligence to pay my dues.

However I trusted that he would keep up his commitment one day in future....

...Oh.!..... That Good day NEVER CAME.!

Subsequently his company faced Labour Strikes and Lock outs successively...

..and being a Middle-class employee....

.... for his subsistence with family he had to dispose off the newly constructed house... at a Rock-bottom price...

....he lamented to me and assured that he would pay my dues from the sale proceeds.

But that too... was only a Tall Talk.

Subsequently his company regained normalcy... he could get Fat amounts of Money from several sources.

And on the pressure from his wife... he planned to construct another house... with the help of another Consultant Engineer.

I did not know all these developments.... and I forgot my dues too.!

On his seeking the Blessings of Kanchi Periyavaalh (Sri sri Chandrasekarendra Swaraswathi Swamigalh)... for the second time... with a New plan and proposal...

..I was told... that the Swamiji immediately closed His eyes for a moment and asked...

.." Are You not the same person, who approached me for a similar purpose about two years back.? what has happened to that House.?

..."I had to dispose off... So this another proposal."

Your Consultant Engineer was by name of Venkateswara swami... Is it not.?.? Get this too done by him. "

"Swamiji, I have engaged another Engineer."

Swamiji laughed and said "Pay him his old dues and re-engage the SAME ENGINEER... for this second proposal too." ... and turned towards the next man in the queue.

My friend felt shocked and thought " How Swamiji could know the name of the Engineer... which I had never informed him...

...and on the payment- dues factor too.!... and kept on standing there amazed.

Then again... another blow from Swamiji. "You are wondering how I could know of all this bitter news.! Nobody has told me. But I know the Fact.!...

...So... Do as I say."

He came back to me and narrated all these miraculous experiences.

Expressing apologies...he sought my services once again.

I told him "If you had requested me on your inability to comply with your commitment on the pre-agreed professional fees, I would have conceded to it...

...especially because it is just a few Thousands only... which I can afford to forego...

....and would have rendered a COST-FREE, HONORARY SERVICE to you.... but you have CHEATED ME....

..as also several others too... whom I directed to your work

..and even now you are continuing the same game... without any intention to sincerely pay even a part of it... be even a pie.

..Sorry I am not interested to WORK FOR A CHEAT."

Then he carried on with another Engineer... who cheated him heavily.!.. the Construction left half done .. could not be completed.

In this episode... I am wonderstruck to know of the....

.... MIRACULOUS SPIRITUAL POWERS of Kanchi Swami... NADAMAADUM DHEYWAM...

..whom I have never met...

....nor had any sort of personal contact... during his Lifetime...

....nor he could know me.... by any means.!....

....OTHER THAN SPIRITUAL.... EXTRA-SENSORY SUPER-HUMAN POWERS.!'.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Shakthiprabha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sudhaama, Vicks,

Great to read ur experience. thanks . Keep sharing. A small humble way to recollect our great gurus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast