Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: A R Rahman - Live in Concert - 29 Dec 2012

Senior Member Veteran Hubber VENKIRAJA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar
    If u had asked for singers, Shankar Mahadevan (he is a crowd pleaser), Naresh attended TOI.

adutha concert vara 2 varusham AgumA?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    chennaila 2 varusham aagum. Hyd poga thayaarna 24th oru concert irukku. Muscatla 22nd concert irukkunnu kelvipatten.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Muscatla 22nd concert irukkunnu kelvipatten.
    but unga nErmai enakku pidichirukku

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    AR Rahman has the audience enthralled

October 12, 2009

AR Rahman¡¯s first concert in Chennai, after winning the coveted Oscar award, took place yesterday (October 11th, 2009) at the Marg Swarnabhoomi on the East Coast Road, south of Chennai. This is one of the concerts that are a part of Rahman¡¯s Jai Ho World Concert Tour.

The proceeds from this event will be used by Shakthi Foundation and Rahman Trust for the benefit of handicapped persons. The event witnessed a mega turn out, estimated to be 30,000. But the unofficial figure is said to be astronomical.

Hariharan's rendition of 'Thamizha Thamizha' brought out the patriotic flavor from the crowd who were seen waving the Indian triclor all over. Several singers including Benny Dayal, Blaze and Sadana Sargam enthralled the audience with their singing. Rahman also took the mike to render his favorite songs, 'Rehna Tu' being one of them. 'Adhiradhi' from Sivaji augmented the frenzy of the crowd. Speaking at the event, the Oscar winner said that though Shakthi Foundation requested him to conduct a show in Chennai a long time ago, this seemed to be an opportune moment, especially after winning the Oscars.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-mov...-12-10-09.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND
    AR Rahman has the audience enthralled

October 12, 2009

AR Rahman¡¯s first concert in Chennai, after winning the coveted Oscar award, took place yesterday (October 11th, 2009) at the Marg Swarnabhoomi on the East Coast Road, south of Chennai. This is one of the concerts that are a part of Rahman¡¯s Jai Ho World Concert Tour.

The proceeds from this event will be used by Shakthi Foundation and Rahman Trust for the benefit of handicapped persons. The event witnessed a mega turn out, estimated to be 30,000. But the unofficial figure is said to be astronomical.

Hariharan's rendition of 'Thamizha Thamizha' brought out the patriotic flavor from the crowd who were seen waving the Indian triclor all over. Several singers including Benny Dayal, Blaze and Sadana Sargam enthralled the audience with their singing. Rahman also took the mike to render his favorite songs, 'Rehna Tu' being one of them. 'Adhiradhi' from Sivaji augmented the frenzy of the crowd. Speaking at the event, the Oscar winner said that though Shakthi Foundation requested him to conduct a show in Chennai a long time ago, this seemed to be an opportune moment, especially after winning the Oscars.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-mov...-12-10-09.html
    Mustafa and Taxi were the most welcomed songs I believe!

Senior Member Senior Hubber Rocky89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woahh hope you guys had a great time. Thanks for the updates

dinesh, ulagamae idinju vizhundhalum unga velaila correct ah irukkeenga. I was telling maddy that MS wouldve gone to visit Dinesh...
    Hopefully MS will attend the Malaysian concert!

lm has attended all the concerts except pune. Maddy has attended the previous MARG concert and TOI. Same with Ram i guess. I attended TOI.

TOI was the best in terms of sound and light. I expected something similar.

If u had asked for singers, Shankar Mahadevan (he is a crowd pleaser), Naresh attended TOI.
    Sorry Ajay, but whats TOI?

Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND
    maddy, neenga edutha videos theliva irundha upload pannunga. Let the other bhakthars witness the enthu of the crowd.
    waiting!
    YES! Waiting!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My views on yesterday's concert:

Let me first tell you that I was attending first ever concert in my life time.... also, I was NOT there for the complete session just to beat the traffic... I was there till Taxi Taxi...

+:

1. Of course, ARR.. his presence & energy kept the audience mesmerizing...

2. Crowd atmosphere... huge crowd.. atleast 50000... thriumbina pakkam ellam makkal makkal makkal than..

3. Sound quality.. not so bad as other hubbers complained.. may be this is my first concert as I said earlier.. that could be the reason..

4. Liked all the tamil songs.. esp Athiradee, Kadal rojave,.. Chandralekha and also jiya si jiya..

-:

1. Organized very poorly.. I was NOT at all asked for the Donor pass any time.. any one could have attended.. I remember one guy was asking me for extra donor pass...in fact, I had Rs.300 donor pass.. but I was sitting in Rs.1000 arena.. I did NOT realize this when I entered..

2. Singers.. as you can see only two singers are prominent tamil singers (ARR & Hariharan)... this is the main reason for domination of hindi songs.. I was expecting more tamil numbers... The concert is in Chennai.. so they could have added more tamil songs..

3. Hariharan -- This fellow will NOT sing any song as it is in any concert... athavathu konjam athiga prasangithanama izhuthu neetti muzhakki thaan paaduvar.. naethum appadi than paadinar..
    kadal rojave than konjam thappichidu..

Tidbits:

Sadhana sargam's snegithuda... She started this song as a telugu version.. but during first charanam itself, she forgot the lyrics.. she was expressing that in the stage itself by having her hand in head with a bit of frustration.. orchaestra was already there and extended.. then she started singing the first charanam in Hindi.. then the second pallavi in tamil.. again the second charanam in hindi followed by tamil pallavi....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raajarasigan
    2. Crowd atmosphere... huge crowd.. atleast 50000... thriumbina pakkam ellam makkal makkal makkal than..
    figures figures figures thaan...
    3. Sound quality.. not so bad as other hubbers complained.. may be this is my first concert as I said earlier.. that could be the reason..
    Because you were near the 1000 rupees section too!
    1. Organized very poorly.. I was NOT at all asked for the Donor pass any time.. any one could have attended.. I remember one guy was asking me for extra donor pass...in fact, I had Rs.300 donor pass.. but I was sitting in Rs.1000 arena.. I did NOT realize this when I entered..
    adapaavgalaa! anga 500 ticket vaangittu 300 roova edathula ukkaandhu pAthirukaainga!
    2. Singers.. as you can see only two singers are prominent tamil singers (ARR & Hariharan)... this is the main reason for domination of hindi songs.. I was expecting more tamil numbers... The concert is in Chennai.. so they could have added more tamil songs..
    The distribution of the songs was disappointing too. 3 songs from Bombay, 2 songs from Sivaji, 3 songs from Dil Se and 3 songs from JA!
    Above all, 2 songs from Dilli-6 @ Chennai WTF!!
    I guess it is a direct consequence of change of schedule and sigers' dates! Disappointing crew member list!
    3. Hariharan -- This fellow will NOT sing any song as it is in any concert... athavathu konjam athiga prasangithanama izhuthu neetti muzhakki thaan paaduvar.. naethum appadi than paadinar..
    AmA. nAnum sollaNumnu pArthEn.

Senior Member Regular Hubber sha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

hes the master of lip-sync , watch this,,, making all those arr fans fools in front of him!

hope he really sung(sang*?) there at Chennai!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    An evening of euphony and ecstasy
    IndiaGlitz [Monday, October 12, 2009]

It was a fund raising event. It equally raised the expectations of music lovers for just one reason- A R Rahman. And it would be no exaggeration to say that the Oscar winner surpassed the anticipations, at the Jai Ho concert near Mahabalipuram Sunday.

“If music makes you think, moves you to action; then I think the music is working,” said the Mozart of Madras before starting his magic. His words came true when he was at work, as his music made the audience think and act.

‘Kalpali,’ a song from Rang De Basanti was the starter. Then Rahman went on with a couple of hits from Sivaji. Bollywood buffs were royally treated by Hariharan, Sadhana Sargam and Benny Dayal.

The concert was a perfect mix of various musical forms- rap, fusion, Carnatic and Sufi. There were songs in almost every language that Rahman has composed in. However, Tamil songs were clearly the winners of the evening.

“Rahman has clearly proved once again that he is a genius. The away he controlled the crowd with his mesmerizing music was really amazing. Jai Ho Rahman,” said one of the fans of the music composer, while coming out of the venue.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/t...cle/50709.html

Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast