Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Endrum MSV

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum, I've heard the same. I heard he was, as a kid, doing edupidi in some carnatic music teachers house where he picked up music. Not sure about SMSN.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    grouch, the version I had is pretty dramatic - like literally MSV being the tea boy whose suggestions dumbfounded SMS, and immediately, MSV was raised to a assistant post...

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang...no wonder he pays attention to coffee boy, though the brew served was different from his time. :P
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rakesh,

Actually Kinkini kini was a prelude to Naan sirikkiren sirikkiren song and not the other way round. Reason - Thavapudhalvan was 1972 August whereas Rajapart came in Dec 1973.

Plum,

MSV was not exactly the coffee boy but he was used as an errands boy. SMS was unable to tune in for one particular composition and MSV who was watching his guru struggle,after some days did create that tune in the evening when everyone was away and made his friend listen. SMS having come back early was pleasantly surprised and from that day MSV became the ghost MD for SMS.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the correction Murali-sar. I know this is the wrong thread to mention this: but its amazing how much NT can still emote through those clown and Christmas tAtA get up that almost hides his face. The crying clown, and the half-blind Santa Claus, falling picking himself up, hating himself for not being in full form, and telling the kids that he's just an old man so its normal to slip and fall...just amazing performance...just thinking about it I get lump in my throat.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    Viswanathan who was born to Subramanian and Narayanikutty (or Naanikutty), in Manayangath house (from which one of his initials is derived) in Elappully village in Palakkad, Kerala, India in 1928. He lost his father when he was four. He was saved by his grandfather when his mother decided to kill him and herself as an escape from abject poverty and lack of support. He sold foodstuff in a movie theater during his childhood and later learned music from Neelakanda Bhagavathar. He gave his first stage performance in Trivandrum, when he was 13 years old.

Despite his Keralite background, he established a prolific film music composing career in the Tamil film industry. His first score was for the film Jenova. He dominated film music composing in the South Indian film industry during the 1960s and 1970s and has composed scores for over 1000 films. His achievements range from introducing fresher melodies, style and orchestration approaches to incorporating various genres of what is now called world music into Indian cinema music. He has sung over 500 of his own songs, as well as those of other music directors like V. Kumar, Shankar Ganesh, Ilayaraaja, Gangai Amaran, Deva and A. R. Rahman. He has also scored music for many non-film albums and for political campaigns. His achievements include appearances in numerous films and television series.

He often worked with the well-known Tamil poet and lyricist Kannadasan. It may be a strange coincidence, both are born on the same date, MSV being one year younger. In recent times, Viswanathan has focused on composing devotional music and anchoring as judge in Malayalam TV reallity shows.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.R.Rahman

"There is no Tamil Film composer without MSV's influence"

A.R.Rahman, who defined the next generation of music after MSV and Illayaraja, expressed a sentiment at his concert in Singapore. "There is not one composer in the Tamil film industry today, who has not been influenced or inspired by the music of the 'Mellisai Mannargal' ". In another occasion, at the felicitation function for Viswanathan and Ramamoorthy, "MSV started a trend, followed by Illayaraja and I took it my way. But for MSV we all would not be here. MSV still appreciates good music and other musicians in the industry. This is a quality that has to be learnt for life!", Rahman said, following MSV's appreciation - "A Novelty Work" - for the re-tuning of "Thottal Poo Malarum" song for the film "New". Rahman had been a keyboard player in MSV's orchestra and his keyboard talent was greatly appreciated by Ramamoorthy on the same occasion. "Vanjam Illama Parattanum!" (Appreciate whole-heartedly) has always been a motto for MSV, who has sung in Rahman's numbers from the films "Sangamam" and "Kannathil Muthamittal".
    source: MSV Times
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamal Hassan

"MSV revived Film Music!"

"Universal Hero" Kamal Hassan has a high regard for MSV's musical talents. "Right from my childhood, MSV's melody has filled my ears and breath; Unlike Bharathiyar and Bharathidasan, three people whom I like, have got their due credits for their talents during their life-time itself. They are "Nadigar Thilagam" Sivaji Ganesan, "Mellisai Mannar" MSV and "Isai Gnani" Illayaraja; MSV revived film music through new trends in melody and tune. Its mystry that MSV still lives as a child at heart. He is a great legend in music!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Illayaraja
    "I place all my fame under MSV's feet!"

Illayaraja, one of the successful successors of MSV in the Tamil Film Music, has a great regard and respect for MSV and his Music. "MSV has the capability to judge the talent of a musician just by looking at that person. The only reason for this is the blessings of Goddess Saraswathi, is fully showered on him. Wow! In how many songs has he melted my heart; Made me lose myself; Each song of his is a Gem, a Diamond, a Ruby; Just listen to the songs like "Athhan, Ennathhan...", "Iravum Nilavum...", "Nenjam Marappadhillai...", "Nilave Ennidam..."; And many more like this; A song should tie lives together; Or it should make one feel that it is related from the previous birth; Or it should leave him with a question. 'How is it possible like this?'; What can I give back to this man for filling my ears and heart with his music. Whatever I try to give him as a fee, it will be be short of what he deserves. I stand like a poor left with nothing to give to Annan MSV, what he derserves; I can do one thing; If there is any that I have gained or earned so for through my music, I place the fruit and fame under MSV's feet and respect him; This is the only fair thing I can give him!" exclaims, excited Raja!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Naushad Ali
    "I've learnt a lot from MSV!"

A great composer in Hindi, Naushad Ali, asserts the fact that MSV is a Melody King. "All his tunes have life in them. MSV has given me the status of "Guru", owing to his open-heartedness. This shows his great character. But the fact is I only learnt a lot from him. His tunes bestowed enthusiasm in me". Naushad was surprised by the speed of MSV's re-recordings. After seeing his recording, "for this piece, I would have taken 3 full days. How come you are able to produce music with such a speed and quality?!", praised Ali, giving a big hug to MSV

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast