Thread: A Pandemic called The Megaserial....

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

A Pandemic called The Megaserial....

As I strolled at around 7 pm around Edayar Street, I was struck by a fact the Megaserial is the modern disease....a pandemic bigger than the ebola or the H1n1 virus...

Why ?

I could hear heart rending cries ( olams and oppari) all over. from every single house of the street. I imagine that when cholera...malaria or the plague must have struck in India during the 1930's and 40's, the tragic sounds would have been exactly the same.

I hope there will be some medicine to wipe out this evil disease.
    I see not one singe educative or informative aspect in any of the shows.

It is degrading the entire society and paralysing any sort of normal thinking. I am sorry for my harsh words. But I really hope and pray that Mega Serials will die.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amen!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    To add-on to what I posted earlier........

A typical mega-serial has one lady character , whose soul is as pure as a snow flake and whose heart is made of unalloyed gold.
    She is a supreme Karma Yogi and Thyaga chemmal rolled into one......who lives solely for the benefit of her family and is as innocent as a 3 year.

She does not have one selfish desire and her powers of endurance will put even David Blaine to shame.

This self-destructing goodie is surrounded by a group of scheming , poisonous bunch of relatives who are hell bent on making life miserable for her. These baddies take full advantage of the suffocating goodness and naivete of this tragedy queen.

And the joy for the viewer is to see the evil machinations and deviousness of the bad ones and the resultant suffering of the heroine....

To spread this poison for about a 1000 episodes.... it has a lot of illogical twists in the story line....a sickening title song ...characters who die and resurrect as per their call - sheets..and most importantly buckets and buckets of tears shed....

And morons that we are .....we lap it up...we love it..... our minds are collectively afflicted by this serious disease.

It does not matter if the creators of these shows have taken us for granted....have dulled our intellects and killed our aesthetic sensibilities.

Almost all mega serial killers are negative with a lot of pain. Our joy is in seeing so much pain.

The subtle trick of the serials is the exploitation of the inherent "Victim Psychology" of the (below) average viewer.
    The viewer is somehow made to empathize with this lead character and her experiences are made to resonate with that of the viewer's.

Victim psychology refers to feelings of pain...being neglected...being abused....not being understand...and the feeling of getting much less than what i deserve.
    in short feeling victimized.....

This is a very clever ploy to make the show addictive but is extremely dangerous to the psychology of the viewer.
    That is why I call this a disease.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.