Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1.5 L Wet Grinder - Santha VS Premier Wonder

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

1.5 L Wet Grinder - Santha VS Premier Wonder

I am contemplating on buying either a Santha 1.5 L or Premier 1.5L Wonder wet grinder. Both are vertical models.

Santha 1.5 L grinder runs at 990 RPM and costs about $250.
    Premier Wonder 1.5 L grinder runs at 1440 RPM and costs about $155.

1) Any comments on performance, quality and durability of these two models?
    2) Would appreciate input about Pros and Cons of buying one of these models compared to buying Ultra and other well known wet grinders.
    3) Are there any advantages in buying a horizontal wet grinder instead of a vertical wet grinder?
    4) Is it desirable to buy a wet grinder model with a higher RPM?
    5) From the price and RPM, Premier Wonder wet grinder seems like a better buy compared to Santha. Any comments?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would also appreciate your input on this matter. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Premier Wonder Grinder

Premier Wonder Grinder is a very elegantly designed wet grinder that adds to the look of any kitchen. It has a motor faster than those of any other wet grinder in the market. I bought it 3 months back and it is wonderful, as its name suggests. Can you imagine grinding channa dhal for vada without water with any wet grinder? You can do it with this Premier Wonder Grinder. Atta kneading is very efficient. Cleaning is very very easy.
    Of course a grinder with a higher RPM is better than the one with a lower RPM. And why should you be paying more for other grinders, when you can get the Premier for $ 155 to $ 160.
    The vertical wet grinder is a new concept and any day looks better than the clumsy old fashioned wet grinders. Among vertical wet grinders, Premier is the most elegant and good looking with stainless steel base.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Prabha Sreenivas.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any advantage of buying a table top wet grinder over a tilting grinder (older model)?

All the online stores show only table top grinders. I am curious to know what is the advantage in using them?

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello prabha! i have some queries. where can i find premier wonder grinder. actully i am going to indian next month.
    1.can i get that in india (in bombay). it is called by a same name in india.
    2. is it really good for making chapati dough.
    thank you in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your comments Prabaha.

I recently bought the Premier 1.5L Wonder wet grinder from www.chennaiimports.com

I like its looks. I like its performance so far (for both urad dal / rice grinding and also the roti dough mixing). I did not find a good answer about how this model compares with Santha 1.5 L wet grinder in performance but Premier is cheaper than Santha.

"Chennaiimports" is the service dealer for warranty for this grinder in North America. Customer Service at "Chennaiimports" was wonderful. This grinder costs $159.99 with free Shipping in US. If you live in US or Canada, it may not be worth the hassle in bringing it from India when you can buy it for a reasonable price in the US/Canada.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with ABCD. I don't find it worthwhile lugging a wet grinder all the way from India. If something goes wrong, God forbid, you will have a tough time having it fixed here. The Indian warranty is not valid here. Another thing, if the grinder is damaged in transit from India, tough luck! On the other hand, if you buy it from a distributor in North America, they provide and maintain the warranty, and they are just a phone call or e-mail away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,
    Saw all ur comments. im planning to buy the same premier wonder mixee size grinder. i have some question,please advice.
    Does the grinder becomes hot after grinding( ie with rice/urud dhal)? and is it easy cleaning? How about the weight. is it heavier?
    thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Sharp 2ltr Wet grinder On Sale

Sharp 2ltr Wet grinder On Sale $245.00 + Free Shipping
    www.perfectpeninsula.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast