Page 48 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: What a shame!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kinda walked into that one:

Damage Control:

Let the people choose their life and Destiny!

I have a question:::

If a group of "Morale Elite" tell ppl what they can and cannot do (Aside from the Judiciary System), then where do u draw the line?

We've had several Centuries of Human Rights Violation in Our Country, by following just that. (Blindly following a single or multiple groups, because they apparently know better)

Letting things change course over time is the Natural way of things.

If we go into a dark, dangerous path (A Serious Dark and Dangerous Path, one that hasn't been tested by several nations before unlike Premarital Sex or Homosexuality, or has been tested, and proven to be a Horrible Mistake), then trust me, even we, the so called "moral degenerates" will join the fight to oppose it.
    Back after a while...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Obstacle #1: If A Group Can Tell People Whats Right or Wrong based on Past Culture, then Where do you think for yourself and Make your own decisions? How would you feel if another group of people who don't agree with your views, come to power and start controlling you life through Moral Codes?

Obstacle #2: Without getting into the whole "it's my life, who are you to tell me how to live" Extravaganza, In a Free Society, People are free to do as they please with their lives, as long as they don't bother anyone else. So if that Basic Right, it taken away, then what are we? A Democracy? A Type of Moral Dictatorship?

Obstacle #3:
    I get that the elders don't want us to do anything bad...to ruin our lives, they are genuinely scared for us and our future, so they just want us to play safe and by the book, and that is Mighty Sweet of all of you. But life is so much more than "playing it safe" Every generation does things that their previous Generations frowned upon...I'm sure you guys did too. Love marriages are a big one to point at. So are Inter-Caste and Inter-Religion marriages.
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surya
    Kinda walked into that one:

Damage Control:

Let the people choose their life and Destiny!

I have a question:::

If a group of "Morale Elite" tell ppl what they can and cannot do (Aside from the Judiciary System), then where do u draw the line?

We've had several Centuries of Human Rights Violation in Our Country, by following just that. (Blindly following a single or multiple groups, because they apparently know better)

Letting things change course over time is the Natural way of things.

If we go into a dark, dangerous path (A Serious Dark and Dangerous Path, one that hasn't been tested by several nations before unlike Premarital Sex or Homosexuality, or has been tested, and proven to be a Horrible Mistake), then trust me, even we, the so called "moral degenerates" will join the fight to oppose it.
    Ha Ha! This is a viscious circle without a start and an end. "Let the people choose their life and Destiny!" and "have minimal or safe rules" dnt co-exist. As u rightly pointed out, the biggest problem faced by both so-called liberals and conservatives is where to draw the line and who will draw / protect that line! NIce topic to discuss and share thoughts.
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Post Thanks / Like
    "Let the people choose their life and Destiny!" and "have minimal or safe rules"
    Under realistic Parameters. If a person thinks it's his or her destiny to marry a cow, it's just wrong because....well....poor cow.

And there is no question of "What if there a group of ppl in the future who advocate Cow Marriage?"

Because theres no way to finding whether the cow accepts to this 6 legged inter-species cha-cha! Where it's easy to know if the other person in a Pre-Marital Live in relationship or a Homosexual marriage/relationship is consenting or not. :P

NIce topic to discuss and share thoughts.
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Slain Delhi journalist’s parents arrested
    (Honour Killing/Murder?)

http://beta.thehindu.com/news/nation...?homepage=true

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/I...ow/5885616.cms

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Abominable!

But heartening to see more tolerance in parents these days, at least in our parts of the world! In one generation the number of intercaste, interstate, intercountry marriages with parents' consent and auspices have increased multifold in my own community!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sathya_1979
    Ha Ha! This is a viscious circle without a start and an end. "Let the people choose their life and Destiny!" and "have minimal or safe rules" dnt co-exist.
    Why do you need minimal rule?

What is SAFE?

And what is MINIMAL?

And who defines those terms such "what is minimal" and what is safe?

YOU?? Who are you to define that? Are you defining them for yourself or for me too?
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.dailythanthi.com/article..../5/2010&advt=1

Karnataka minister resigns and disappears after a rape scandal shot up.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.dailythanthi.com/article....sdate=5/5/2010

Is it so difficult for parents to know exactly where the work location of their unmarried daughter is?

That too when it's in the same state? That too in a conservative state like TN? I remember parents going with their daughters for interview, joining the job etc those days. Or at least know the office where she works.

It looks like parents are becoming too uncaring these days.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz
    Quote Originally Posted by sathya_1979
    Ha Ha! This is a viscious circle without a start and an end. "Let the people choose their life and Destiny!" and "have minimal or safe rules" dnt co-exist.
    Why do you need minimal rule?

What is SAFE?

And what is MINIMAL?

And who defines those terms such "what is minimal" and what is safe?

YOU?? Who are you to define that? Are you defining them for yourself or for me too?
    Thamizh, are you asking me these questions? If you can read the conversation between myself and Surya, you can understand these are precisely the points I raised. I mentioned it is too difficult to identify people who define rules, identify what is safe and minimal and almost impossible to monitor the monitors. Who will draw the line with optimal length and who will protect them?
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Page 48 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast