Miga sameebamaaga...
Oh butterfly butterfly..
My daughter has taken to this song rather well.
some evenings are spent simply browsing for various ppl on you tube playing this song out.

Then...
Om Sivoham and Maa Gangaa. sheer bliss..

However the most interesting music from Naan Kadavul is the Back ground bit (the popular one in you tube as the Naan Kadavul IR rerecording bit) that comes when Rudran "takes appropriate care" of Nair.

It starts as an intriguing cello set piece and then the moment the fight drags on to temple premises, Raja switches off the orchestra and lets the same tune/melody play out as rhythms on mridhangams and the kind of special tablas and dolaks that MGR plays in mannaadhi mannan (an array of them). It is AMAZING!! how did that thought come out and where did it come from? I was like Whoa - thats a googly in musical terms...
The tribal eerie flute that maestro conjures up for the Nair character is rather startling and nervy - particularly when his henchmen start walking up the hill to pick up uruppadis. It is rather pathetic on the part of many critics (including baradwaj rangan) to say that Naan Kadavul BGM was all too bombastic and the usual leitmotiff style was missing.
Another BGM piece that caught my eye (rather ears) was the funny banter when Nair elaborates his scheme of wholesale transfer and exchange of uruppadis to thaandavan. it might have well been a music accompanying a friendly banter of some college kids. And then same situation, different context, nair is now seeking amsavalli, the music is almost non-existent, just eerie drum rolls for the exchange of looks between dimple and murugan...
Strange are the ways Maestro works up his musical magic..