• Scintillating Seventies - Light & Semi-Classical

3 5.00%
  • Scintillating Seventies - Advent of WCM Technical Depth

4 6.67%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Early 80's fusion

30 50.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Mid 80's Auto-Pilot Smooth orhcestration

15 25.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - back to folk in the late 80's(Ramarajan etc)

2 3.33%
  • New Age Nineties - Early 90's classics(Devar Magan, Ejamaan etc)

3 5.00%
  • New Age Nineties - The Malayalam Majesty

1 1.67%
  • Maestro's Magic - 2000's

1 1.67%
Page 239 of 347 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 3468

Thread: Raja's Gems - the latest one you heard...Part 3

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    V_Sji thank you for vidhaiththa vidhai. Discoverd this one six months ago thanks to the twitter Raja kweez and fellow hubbers. Been a regular on my playlist ever since. Can you pls. share the mp3?
    How did I miss this post? Very Sorry Nerd. Just now saw your post. Here is the link. Quality is not that great, but listenable.

skv, adhu adiyEnthaan.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a ton for V_S for this stupendous addictive song Vidhaitha Vidai.
    Quality is great.

Can you also upload Vaa Vaa Naalukku Naal ?
    Im not very technologically sound , will i get the same quality if i directly download the audio from youtube ?

Post Thanks / Like
    skr,
    Thanks. I too don't know if we will get the same quality, But Vaa NaaLukku NaaL is here.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hereby confer the status of "Gem" to the latest composition - Vilayaatta Padagotty from Dhoni. Yes, it is not experimental like the SPB song, but it is the song that is steeped in the melody of a unique kind, which you would want to listen to, after a chaotic day!

And though I do not know if hariharan's tamil diction was good or not (since I dont know tamil), i can say that his rendition was moving, sincere and superb! It is definitely among the best in the Raaja+hariharan combination!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nerd, I always do this to take songs/audio from youtube

1. www.vidtomp3.com

2. www.youtubetomp3.com

VS, i saw that the user has uploaded only 2 songs, and thought "yaaro theevira IR fan pola" but never thought someone from hub! world becoming small place or mayyam has almost ALL the geat fans
    Last edited by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar; 10th February 2012 at 05:55 PM.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks skv. I will try to upload more rare songs on youtube, as and when I get to atleast a good listenable quality.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    aNi is one of the most interesting aspects of Thamizh poems. That way, when film songs have some application of this, it decorates them pleasantly and makes the listening a nice experience.

I don't know what is the exact English equivalent term for 'il poruL uvamai aNi' of Thamizh. (similie / metaphor is a generic term but what is the term for non-existent thing? Interestingly, for uyarvu naviRchi aNi, we have the English term 'hyperbole' but I can't get quickly for the use of non-existent thing as simile).

While the blog link above has thirukkuraL examples, I happened to listen to two such cases this morning from film songs.

One from the thangamagan song is very familiar - 'rAthiriyil pooththirukkum thAmarai' (lotus is supposedly a morning poovu). Lovely, lovely song...especially the 'sangathi' in the last syllable of each word (in both pallavi and saraNam lines) is so enjoyable. raththiriy-i-lll, pooththirukk-u-mmm, thAmaraith-a-nnn, veeNaiyen-u-mmm, mEniyi-l-e-e, thandhiyina-i-i...rAsA would have given the "curve" on the notation for each of those syllables

The second from kELadi kaNmanI is not so familiar (at least I've not paid attention before), though in a hit song, as it occurs in the middle of the saraNam :

'iruttil kooda irukkum nizhal nAn' (Where is nizhal when there's no veLichcham?)

Very interesting song, who is the pAdal Asiriyar?

(BTW, wikipedia says the famous song 'maNNil indhakkAdhal inRi' of this movie was sung by ARR ...let me quote :
    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    ARR sang the song Mannil indha kaadhal
    Last edited by app_engine; 10th February 2012 at 09:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Superb post App. 'aNi' ellaam marnanthe pocchu. 'il poruL uvamai aNi'. The meaning is in the phrase itself, but everything I forgot. Very good to know from your post. This should also be a great topic to discuss (if not in this thread, a new one) to glorify our lyricists. These songs can also be created as playlist titled 'il PoruL Uvamai aNi' Paadalgal. Please bring us more.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aakarsh View Post
    I hereby confer the status of "Gem" to the latest composition - Vilayaatta Padagotty from Dhoni. Yes, it is not experimental like the SPB song, but it is the song that is steeped in the melody of a unique kind, which you would want to listen to, after a chaotic day!

And though I do not know if hariharan's tamil diction was good or not (since I dont know tamil), i can say that his rendition was moving, sincere and superb! It is definitely among the best in the Raaja+hariharan combination!
    True delight this song is..
    heard the song on the dhoni audio launch and the guy sathyan too has sung nicely...
    This is a straight cut rabindra sangeet song. along the likes of "Ganga aaye kahaan se" from cabuliwallah.
    KVM and MSV have done their share with "Odam nadhiyile" in the past.
    Recently Raja has done two and both have been on the mark.
    The previous one along this line was "Onnukkonnu" from nandalaala.
    Stepping out of thamizh, Raaja has tuned a melodious lori "Aliyaage" from chal chalein which to my ears is a lot sweeter than this one. yet, this song is
    more complex and deserves the "gem" status..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aakarsh and Jai.. Nicely put. vilaiyaatta padakotti is one gem of the composition from IR and Hariharan's soulful rendition elevates to different world. Wish IR-Hariharan pair continues to happen. In the recent Jaya TV concert, IR mentioned one Telugu song of Hariharan which came up really well. Any idea which song it is? May be for a unreleased project I guess.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...