Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan Part 9

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    Watched a movie in Vasanth TV today titled Rajabhakthi..hero Sivaji......... never heard of this film previously..but this had a line up of all famous heroines at that time, Padmini, Vyjayanthimala, Banumathi (in a negative role, surprisingly) and then M.N.Nambiar, Balaiah etc...story ennamo konjam Manohara, konjam Manthirikumari ngra range la irunthathu (saw only half an hour or so)...... Any one have more info on this film and whether it is good or so? i assume it came after manohara, since there were many Manohara style dialogues, veeravesam etc.,
    RS,

This was a movie that was in the production for some time before getting released in 1960. Was a bit outdated as historical movies were slowly losing ground to social themes. In that year of 1960 iself, films with social theme, strong family oriented movies and great acting by NT took the theatres by storm and to name a few they were Irumbu Thirai, Deiva Piravi and Padikkaadha Medhai. It didn't see much of re-releases also. one of the few movies of NT that yours truly had missed out seeing so far.

Regards

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    இந்த படம் நான் ஆடுதுறையில் பார்த்திருக்கிறேன்.ராஜ பக்திக்கு நடிகர் திலகம், நட்சத்திர குவியல் .ஆனால் ஒளி இல்லையே , என்று எழுதியிருப்பார்.
    முரளி சார் சொன்னது போல் சமூக படங்கள் நிறைய வந்து சரித்திர படங்களை அமுக்கி விட்டது. இதே வருடம் வந்த குறவஞ்சி(சிவாஜி-மு.க) படம் கூட ரொம்ப சுமாராய் போனது.பானுமதி ரசித்து பண்ணியிருப்பார்.சிவாஜி பெயர் விக்ராந்தன்(ஜோடிகள் ,வைஜயந்தி பெயர் ,பண்டரி பாய் பெயர் மறந்தே விட்டது).பத்மினி பாலையா ஜோடியாய் வந்ததாய் ஞாபகம்.பெயர்கள் ஒன்று கூட மனதில் தங்காது.துளி விஷம் (சிவாஜி-வில்லன்) எடுத்த நரசு எடுத்ததாய் நினைவு.நீண்ட நாள் தயாரிப்பில் இருந்து combination shots திணறி இருப்பார்கள்.

Post Thanks / Like
    Balaa,
    Your designs are superb.Pl.Try to include some information like 50th Day Etc.I enjoy your designs.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas View Post
    RS,

This was a movie that was in the production for some time before getting released in 1960. Was a bit outdated as historical movies were slowly losing ground to social themes. In that year of 1960 iself, films with social theme, strong family oriented movies and great acting by NT took the theatres by storm and to name a few they were Irumbu Thirai, Deiva Piravi and Padikkaadha Medhai. It didn't see much of re-releases also. one of the few movies of NT that yours truly had missed out seeing so far.

Regards
    Correct murali sir. rajabakthi was a much publised and most expected movie released with a big bang and left theatres before it was discussed in public. very rare occurance of misfortune and i feel it was the end of raja rani moviies . honestly even i have not seen in theatres that ime yesterday saw second half in vasanth tv.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best wishes to Sivaji fans on the occassion of Karnan's 50th day celebration

Just I remember Dir. Cheran's challenge to new comers about the quality of the

movie Karnan, during the Karnan release function.

Iranthum Irava Pugaz padaitha Nayagane Sivaji Potri!

Unnal Vazum ullangal, ulagil pala kodi!
    Vazga Sivaji pugaz

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Murali and Gopal...... yes...something was missing in the screenplay..otherwise the plot, the acting and the intensity of the acting everything were good........ sad that such an attractive star cast and a plot that had massive scope could make the movie a blockbuster..
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Puthiya Paravai-1964

Inspired by the Hollywood Flick “Chase the crooked shadow”, Nadigar Thilagam experimented under his own production house “Sivaji Films”.This is one of my all time favourite movies and I rate this as the best among NT Films. This is the movie responsible for making me a sivaji devotee at the age of 7. I was attracted to the Enge Nimmadhi posters and saw it first time in Aththoor(Sridhar or Swarna) and then in Neyveli for 5 times and abt 100+ there after(Incidentally the protagonist name was “Gopal” in that Film).
    Technically,this is the first “cinema” or “Movie” made in Tamil in the real sense as the rest of Films at that times were mostly talkies and technically shoddy.(Barring few NT Films).
    I can write about this movie for the rest of my life but I want to make it short and sweet as usual.Every one of you know that it has the superlative story line,perfect star cast,exemplary music,sophisticated Camera work, Great direction and to top it all perfect production value.This movie can stand on its merit for another 1000 years as the show case of our great talents.
    The scenes to be relished time and again are plenty in this Film(Comedy is not bad but it doesn’t gel with the sophistication of rest of the Film). As a movie connoisseur I can choose some scenes to relish.Basically,the movie dealt with loneliless of Gopal,his seeking solace in the company of Latha(Unnai ondru ketpen with night effect),Slowly getting drawn to her but the unexpected twist in the middle and later as tormented Gopal trying to prove his point and the unexpected climax in a very effective way and the story has been presented visually with out need for dialogues.DadaMirasi as director to be commended for handling this movie and Prasad’s Cinematography(Seperation lighting,low key lighting ,Mood lighting) is a treat and Viswanatha-Ramamoorthy combo gave their life time best which goes with the sophistication of the film.
    Sowcar(image make-over),Saroja Devi,O.A.K.Devar,M.R.Radha as supporting cast are excellent and Nagesh and V.K.R are the ones played to C centre galleries affecting the flow&Tone of the movie adversely. I could have cast Javar for Ramadurai Role and Chandra Babu for Butler.
    NT was at his best from the word go but few scenes to be mentioned specially are the unnai ondru ketpen(Second time),Partha gnabagam scene,His confused reactions during the entry scene of sowcar with M.R.Radha(Ena,Enna,Enaaiketta enakku ennaa), his desperation leads to dejection during the night with the police officer(Poiththaan tholayattume),Enge nimmadhi,and the monumental climax scene.
    NT’s one action in Enge Nimmadhi, while the lyrics mentioning that the veena is crying while his hands playing it and flower is heated while his hands touching it(Enadhu kaigal meetum bothu), substantiate our claim that he is the God of Acting.
    The action like ballet movement he delineate his hands and look at it with contempt.
    I think no other Indian actor can ever dream of such an imaginative execution to the perfection.
    Ofcourse,it was a successful movie with its targeted audience,(Much ahead of its time even for urban ,educated viewers)and in its second and third releases(Released in Pilot during 1977) and ran for almost 5 years without any break in Chennai city.It gels with youth crowd even today as it is one of the favourite movies of my son too.
    Everything is plus plus in the Film except one great drawback. Doalogues in this movie is so inappropriate and are just like a man with full suit wearing hawai slippers.Aroor Das was a misfit for the Film and I could have chosen Javar Seetharaman (Andha naal,Uyarntha manithan) to script and write dialogues for this great Film.In any case,it is not a dialogue oriented Film and can be forgiven.
    I want to add one interesting observation by Stills R.N.Nagaraja Rao.Puthiya Paravai love scenes have erotism but avoid obscenity.
    Sivaji's hugs of Saroja Devi shows erotic gestures as a person fallen in deep love.He proves that no other actor can come near him even in love scenes.

My Recommendation is that this movie should be seen by All tamils of all ages.This is the fittest Film for Re-Release next to Karnan.But as Mr.Raghavendar put it tellingly,the music content(Re-Recording,Songs,BGM) should not be redone and should be left untouched. The so called comedy scenes of Nagesh and V.K.R should be burnt(Not only removed) before its re-release.

This is Nadigarthilagam’s best movie and his acting wise one of the best.
    Last edited by Gopal.s; 30th April 2012 at 04:02 AM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gopal,S. View Post
    Puthiya Paravai-1964

Inspired by the Hollywood Flick “Chase the crooked shadow”
    Watched Hitchcock's Rebecca recently. The last part of Pudhiya Paravai was inspired by Rebecca's climax. Not exact frame-by-frame remake but the entire flashback and the mystery behind protagonist's death is the same in both the movies. Of course, having watched NT's performace, I was least impressed by Laurence Olivier's.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks gopal sir,

Can anyone tell karnan full movie link in you tube,

if u know at once convey by thread,
    Last edited by BALAA; 29th April 2012 at 03:15 PM.