View Poll Results: What ranks the best of King Federer's achievement (so far)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. 16 + Counting Grandslams

3 15.00%
  • 2. 237 Continous weeks as No 1;

5 25.00%
  • 3. 23 Consecutive Grandslam semifinals (2004 Wimbledon - 2010 Australian Open)

5 25.00%
  • 4. 92-5 Win loss in the year 2006; 12 Titles ; Talk about almost total domination.

0 0%
  • 5. 44+ titles in Hard courts; 2 shy of tying all time leader Agassi.

0 0%
  • 6. 65 consecutive grass court match victories (2003 - 2008)

0 0%
  • 7. 56 consecutive hard court match victories (2005–2006)

0 0%
  • 8. 22 Grandslam Finals.

1 5.00%
  • 9. Only Player to win ATP WTF undefeated 4 times (2003, 2004, 2006, 2010).

0 0%
  • 10. The biggest of all; 5 Consecutive Wimbledons+ 5 Consecutive US Opens (Somebody defeat this feat!!)

6 30.00%
Page 62 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: An Artist on all surfaces, Mr. Effortless - Roger Federer

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try your luck today. There are a lot of good matches . I would have definitely gone today if i was there.

P.S: Didn't watch any single Federer match live and I am quite sure I won't be able to watch the Q/F match live. This is the first such instance since USO 2004 that I am missing USO matches on live TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by VinodKumar's View Post
    Thanks for the tickets information Stan. Unfortunately I cannot go as this long weekend added lot of official stuffs on my plate.Hope I watch Roger winning the title in TV .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank God i didn't witness the massacre in my favorite slam. oRKUTEERS are saying that the serve was very poor. Had no rythm and the break didn't help either. I for one have always been screaming that if roger has to work on something it has to be getting his serve rigorously correct.

This year he is scheduled to play in Shanghai, Basel, Paris and WTF. Hope he wins one or two titles here.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    Thank God i didn't witness the massacre in my favorite slam. oRKUTEERS are saying that the serve was very poor. Had no rythm and the break didn't help either. I for one have always been screaming that if roger has to work on something it has to be getting his serve rigorously correct.

This year he is scheduled to play in Shanghai, Basel, Paris and WTF. Hope he wins one or two titles here.
    Absolutely nothing worked. His serves were off big time. Normally on such a day his ground strokes would be better aided by his movement.
    Yesterday none of those could come to his rescue. BH was at best pedestrian. A big day off indeed.

I don't know why he forgets to use his slices against Berdych. It would work well if kept deep enough like he does against DelP.
    Anyway I didn't expect him to get past SF, but to lose this bad was disgusting. First night session that he has ever lost @ AA.
    I am thinking he may again skip Shanghai to come fresh for the 3 back to back indoors like last year.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber tamizharasan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Federer had off-days like this before but the consistency is gone for him and with age catching up, it will get even more difficult for him to win slams in the future.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post

I had to see it from third set with the hope that he will get back to the match at anytime. He had a momentum by the end of third set but still his ground strokes and volleys were very poor. As you said first serves were not landing in front and Berdych was able to get free points easily in Roger's second service.

Post Thanks / Like
    World No. 1 Roger Federer recorded his 31st win in 38 singles rubbers for Switzerland when he beat Dutchman Thiemo de Bakker 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 in one hour and 42 minutes. Federer hit 57 winners and committed just 17 unforced errors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Vinod, innum evalo vaaram irukku for Federer to complete 300 weeks as no. 1

Post Thanks / Like
    This is 295th week. 5 more weeks to go. 299 is confirmed. Nole is playing China open which starts on Oct 1st. If Nole wins that then Shangai open will decide if Roger can reach 300 or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ oh...ok...thanks there Vinod...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sampras recordukku 1 week shortla off AnAr. So we can expect him to peter down after 299 weeks?

Page 62 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast