Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel Experiences

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R View Post
    Godawesome weekend at Cincinatti.
    The airport was the first place that my feet touched in amerikkA (long back, in the 90's) So, a couple of years back I deliberately stopped in the city (albeit in McD) to spend a few moments during a long-drive

Are you planning to be in the area for another week? I'm planning to drive to Columbus during the long weekend (visit a relative who had a new-born)...may be able to meet you in person, even if it's for a brief while

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in San Diego.
    Just went to Cincinatti this weekend to meet a friend who lives there.
    Next weekend - probably my last weekend of this trip, I understand is a long one (memorial day). innum edhuvum plan paNNalai.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have fun at La Jolla beach, San Diego Zoo and a trip in an old ship!

I used to visit UCSD for research reivews and stay in a hotel on the beach! Nice place. Very expensive!

I am in San Diego.
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajraj View Post
    Have fun at La Jolla beach, San Diego Zoo and a trip in an old ship!
    Thanks.
    Actually I come here pretty much every year, so I've been around the sights and sounds.
    But this is the first time I am here in the summer, so I was very intent about kayaking La Jolla - I live less then 10 mins from La Jolla shores. But something or the other has come up every weekend and I have never managed to.

So whenever I travel and I mention I come from San Diego, people say sun-surfing etc and I nod along as if I have done it all

adhukkAgavAvadhu indha weekend pOyidaNum

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    P_R, can I outsource my pilgrimage to you. Raymond Chandler's home in La Jola. Some details here. and here.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    And tried wakeboarding for the first time - and did reasonably well, if I may say so myself. adhennamO therila, even highly fleeting water-conquering activities are so addictive. Definitely doing this again some time.
    Wake Nation? Where you can surf without boats - using cables? Been in my radar for quite sometime.

I live about 90 mins away from Cincinnati, in Kentucky.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kiravuso, note paNNikkiREn. aaana enakku Chandler theriyAdhE

Yeah Nerd, Wakenation. kattAyam pOnga. I had only some 3 hours so I pretty much spent it learning at the 10 mph pool. It takes a couple of rides the get the hang of it. They teach postures and technique very well.

I have not done any surfing, snowboarding ever. So I needed it. If you have, then you should consider the larger round with the 15mph cables is something I am surely earmarking for the next visit. Even if not, budget 4-5 hours then you can hit the 10mph pool and then graduate the 15mph larger cable run. chinna chinna kunjukuLuvaan ellAm zarr-zarr-nu pOgudhu X-games range-kku jumpingi, lowingi ellAm paNNudhu. One kid was one wakeskates!, which is not even strapped to your feet - adhula flippingi (pAr rA!).

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't even swim but have a liking for water sports in general. Haven't tried wakeboarding, and friends said, this will be a nice place to start, esp. for non-swimmers.. pOvanum oru naaL..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    I can't even swim but have a liking for water sports in general.
    I was also like that.
    First time I went scuba diving, I didn't knos swimming - sameebathula dhaan lightA kaththukittEn. Straight Atlantic ocean. swimming therilainna 30 adi enna, 6 adi enna? ellAm oNNu dhaan Funny thing was, my friend who dove with me then, was a good swimmer and was ribbing me all the time. But when we took the plunge he was the one who got claustrophobic

PFD ellAm kuduppAinga. thaNNi bayam illAma irundhA pOdhum. Good fun.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hurricane deck (cave of the winds) at niagara falls -very difficult to leave the place

BTW, the american side of the falls seems to have 95% Indian visitors nowadays (It used to be 50-60% a few years back but yesterday felt like being in India)...Even the road-side restaurants opposite to the visitor center have become Indian / Punjabi etc progressively.

Went there to meet a relative from India...6 hr drive up + spend 7 hours at falls + drive back

Made the trip just like going from Palakkad home to malampuzhA dam (30 min drive) and back

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast