Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Hub Awards 2011 Results - Tamil Film Music

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    VTV, yeah. One of the bestest ever. Enthiran is good, Raavanan is maha mokkai.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ofcourse Rahman and Karthik would get it

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was expecting Endhiran to do the trick.... Kilimanjaro is just a kickass number..... not to 4get the classy Pudhiya Manitha.... and the youthful "Kaadhalan" kinda number, Irumbile! nevertheless, Congrats to ARR for VTV....
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Song of the year - 2010

I don’t listen to new songs all that much except when A.R Rahman decides to take a break and composes Tamizh songs. But more on him later.

Songs that I may have heard about but don’t give not only two hoots, but three horns, four snorts, are En kathal solla (Paiya), Iragai pole (NMA), Onnukonna (Nandhalala),Pookal pookkum (Madharasapattinam), Un perai sollum (Angadi Theru). Though I have seen three of the films, I can’t remember the songs at all, that’s how awesome they are.

Usure poguthey from Raavanan goes on to show that as great as Vairamuthu was, sometimes he goes batshit insane when writes that the protagonist’s life leaves him when the heroin twists (twitch?) her lips. For the same heroine, years ago, he had the protagonist declare that he is willing to drink her sweat. Excuse me one nimits for five nimits....

...ah...feeling better...anyway, that song was composed by Rahman as he did for the film Vinnai Taandi Varuvaya where two songs made it here, Aaromale a bluesy, folksy, shout from the jungle song and Mannippaya which I conveniently forgot.

Next on, ARR not only composed, but also sang for Rajini, a number titled Irumbile (Endhiran) where on Rajini does lots of Aerobics for the geriatrics. But that’s not A.R Rahman’s fault, unless you want to blame him for the next nominated song, Puthiya manitha (Endhiran), where he made S.P. Bala sound like mating hippos. Who am I kidding I love both songs.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now, that was caustic enough. grouch. Although you should really get out of the habit of grouping IR with his son's also-ran nominations. I can't promise that I'll forever be able to hold back the sangam members from boarding an auto to Batuh Kerih*, or whatever they call your place in Malay.
    * - I hope I havent hit on some swear word - it was just a random malay-sounding name I coined

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds Malay enough, more north Peninsular. But you mean Batu Caves? Mr. Murugan's stronghold? Shoorr, but I yam staying elsewhere mate, come and find me you IR fans!!!!*

*remba thairiyama pesura, Grouch, did you think about Malaysian IR fans with GPS???
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Song of the Year 2010

They wanted me to announce the song which is not much in my fav,never thought that hubbers votes will beat my fav song of last year

ok let start the eliminations.... Yuvan's one of the biggest hit "En kathal solla" managed to get only 3% votes whereas "Pookal pookum" got 7.6% .. This is not fair guys

Namma "Aaromale" "Puthiya manitha" got 9%,3% respectively..

Unperai sollum puthu.. Usurey poguthey got 4% each..

Iragai pole,Irumbiley,Mannippaya,Onnukkonnu were topped the charts...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Irgai pole got 6 %
    Mannippaya got 15.38%..
    Onnukkonnu got 16.92%

and the Winner is

Irumbiley Or Irudhayam (29.23%)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manipaya losttaaaaaaaaaaa
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ya i would have preferred mannippaya over irumbilae... anyway both had arr voice...

mr.famous grouse,
    u really forgot mannippaya? that can happen only if u did not listen to the VTV cd more than twice.. and in that case how can u recall wat kinda song aromale was??
    ipdi thatti kekka aal illaadhadhaala dhaan neenga potti mela potti vaangittu araajagam panringa
    Sach is Life..

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast