Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Kumari Kandam

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by happyindian
    I fail to understand how it cud be associated with cooking. Perhaps the interpretation is cooked!!
    Yes, enjoy yourself for the time being Mr Happyindian. You are happy and that is good.

"Cooking" here figuratively refers to the refinements into the language introduced over 2 or 3 centuries after the Christian Era.

The Tamil word "samai" has several meanings and nuances which must be obvious to anyone having some knowledge of Tamil.

"samaithal" also has a slightly different meaning compared to "samaiththal". Eitherway, the morpheme is "samai".

Of course, samai can be further traced back. I shall not go into that now.

From samai, Sans pundits extracted the root "sam".

When you cook you put things together and "cook". Thus the derived meaning of samai is to put things together, to formulate etc.,

samai , -- mutilate the word and obtain sam. (This also can be explained a different manner, but I would not go into that now.) The usual manner in which Sans obtained its roots from Tamil whole words.

Now, how could katham become krutham or kritham. (u or i - these changes are ignored).

Look at another Tamil word: methu sanskritized as mrithu or mrithu.
    Same pattern of change.

Thus you get samskrith or samaskrutham or sanskrit (however presented). sanskrit is of course anglicized.

Just enjoy it. If the Sans pundit 2000 yrs ago wanted to formulate words in this manner, what could you and I do about it!!? At that time, Tamil was a major language having a large word bank.

Sanskrit is an Indo-European language and there is no equivalent or corresponding terms in IE languages for this word "Sanskrit" itself. So it is without a doubt a word concocted from the Dravidian.

Sivan is a Tamil word. No IE corresponding term. So Dravidian.
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK Mala fine, you can keep it your way.
    1) If you think Sanskrit contains the word cooked, let it remain cooked
    2) If you think Shiva is a Tamil word, you can have it.

The truth is, meanings and derivative come from our own mind like they did in our ancestors. Its not necessary they are the only meanings / derivatives. There may be many other ppl offering many more versions to a particular word's origin from many more languages world-wide.

You need not agree with those versions, but there is something called 'diff ways of thinking' so you cud perhaps try & accept that yeah other versions may exist too (ofcourse it does not mean they are always right or that you accept those versions).

When others accept that 'oh in tamil it means this way', I do not c what's wrong in accepting other's point of view. Surely thats no fun way of learning.

Post Thanks / Like

you know

Quote Originally Posted by srivatsan
    Well....As I have learned Samskrutha vyakarnam(Grammar), I know that all the roots of the words that I know, i................................................. .................If you're interested in learning, let me know.
    Yes, only you know, the rest do not seem to know, that's very good.to know
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Senior Member Regular Hubber srivatsan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: you know

Quote Originally Posted by bis_mala
    Yes, only you know, the rest do not seem to know, that's very good.to know
    What kind of stmt is this? I dont know how to take this....

are you happy that many others do not know? or you think, it is bad that someone has learnt Samskrutha Vykarnam or is it good atleast I know or what do you mean by this....? please explain....

For your kind information, all the 60 other students who passed 10th standard with me knows this, in addition, all those students who passed 10th standard from my school since its inception in 1945 learnt this and all those students who are going to pass 10th from my shool will learn this. Also other schools which has Samskrutham as first language will know and in addition, all those who passed and will pass graduating in Samskrutham will know..... . Is there any problem for you in this?
    DHARMO RAKSHATHI RAKSHITHA:

A typical Indian Cultural forum! www.samskruthi.org

Senior Member Devoted Hubber devapriya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kumarikandam Fables

Latest Researches take back North India to 15000 BCE . and I shall give them over time.

http://tinyurl.com/8wx5e

Older civilisation than Indus found

Vadodara, Jan 21: Recent excavations in parts of Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Pakistan have made the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) believe that a developed civilization possibly existed in the region in the 6th millennium BC, assumed to be older than the Indus valley civilisation.

According to ASI Director Dr B R Mani, the civilisation, believed to be much older than the Indus civilisation of the second and third millennium BC, stretched from Iran in the west to North Bengal in the east.

Dr Mani, who is here to attend a two-day international seminar on 'Magan (the present Oman) and Indus civilisation,' said till now the Indus and Harappan were considered to be amongst the world's earliest civilizations, but the relicts found during the recent excavations provided some evidence regarding existance of about 7,000-year-old civilization.

''Excavations at Lahuradeva site in Uttar Pradesh, Mehergadh in Pakistan and Haryana have led to recovery of pottery, cultivated rice and other artefacts dating back to that period,'' the ASI director said, adding that further research and excavations were on not only by the ASI but also by concerned state agencies and different universities.

Harappan city ruins found
    Special Correspondent, The Hindu, Feb. 21, 2006

CHANDIGARH: Archaeologists have discovered the ruins of a city dating back to the Harappan civilisation at Farmana Khas, about 12 km from Meham on the Julana road in Haryana.

Terming the discovery as significant, a spokesman of the Haryana Archaeology and Museums Department said here on Monday that it was the first city of the Harappan civilisation found buried in Haryana. It was evident from the nature of settlements and richness of antiquities found at the site that the city belonged to the Harappan era. So far, towns dating back to this civilisation — Banawali, Bhirdana — and the village of Kunal have been unearthed in Haryana but this is the first time that the ruins of a city have been discovered.

The spokesperson said the discovery, known as Daksh Khera, was spread over an area of 32 acres and the ruins were under a three-metre hillock. Keeping in view the size of Daksh Khera, it appeared that it would have been a city of the Indus-Saraswati or Harappan civilization. The city would have been located on the banks of the Yamuna, which is believed to have passed through the area in ancient times.

http://www.hindu.com/2006/02/21/stor...2103711400.htm

Ruins of Harrappan city found in Haryana
    Chandigarh, Feb. 20 (PTI): The ruins of a city believed to date back to Harrappan civilisation have been discovered near Meham in Haryana, the State Archaeology and Museums Department said here today.

A department spokesman termed the discovery at Farmana Khas, about 12 kilometers from Meham on Julana road, as very significant.

He said that till now urban settlements of the civilisation -- Banawali, Bhirdana and Rakhigarhi -- had come to light in the state, but this was the first discovery of the ruins of a city.

He said the site of the discovery, popularly known as Daksh Khera, was spread over 32 acres and the ruins were under a three-metre high hillock.

He said the city would have been located on the banks of the river Yamuna, that could have been flowing through the area in ancient times.

Ruins from the Harappan era have also been found at Sanoli in Uttar Pradesh along the ancient course of river Yamuna, he said.

Retired Kurukshetra University professor Suraj Bhan, had observed that in ancient times, river Yamuna used to pass through the state at Indri, Karnal, south-west of western Jamuna canal, Mittathal, Tigrana, Tosham and then towards Nohar Bhadra.

Ahead of Tosham, the course of the river is covered by sand ruins.

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus...0602201742.htm

Devapriya

Post Thanks / Like

oldest.

Direct them to carry out excavations on the ocean bed in the Indian ocean where Kumari Kandam was identified to be. They will find the oldest civilisation on earth.

The ones they found now -- why couldn't they find them 20 years back?
    Similarly, wait for a few decades more. You will get something on Kumari Kandam.
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Senior Member Regular Hubber Eelavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some persons on this Earth already know the response..
    There is no doubt..

Imagine the day it wil be official.. The whole world will be enlighted and .....

This day when a group of scholar historians will bring the light to the world, this day the face of the world will change..

Because not many people on this Earth are conscient that very very anciant advanced civilisation at least -12'000 B.C- 30'000 already existed..

A loud laugh...

Anbe Anbe..
    Admire God through your life.

The creator is the creation himself..

http://vedamu.org/Mathematics/vedicmathematics.asp

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    PLEASE READ " TAMILAR VARALARU" BY DEVANEYA PAVANAR...... AVAILABLE IN PERIYAR MANDRAMS
    wer i will get tamil keerthaanigal in casste form

Senior Member Regular Hubber Eelavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi friends, after a long time I'm back

The last giant tsunami revealed underwater ruins near Mahabalipuram offshore, also Graham Hancock with a team of divers conducted research in the same area.. And he found ruins as well.

But what the heck NIO (National Institute of Oceanography) is doing ? Why don't they conduct deeper and SERIOUS research ?

If you have more information about Kumari Kandam please share it.

Thanks.
    Admire God through your life.

The creator is the creation himself..

http://vedamu.org/Mathematics/vedicmathematics.asp

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eelavar
    But what the heck NIO (National Institute of Oceanography) is doing ? Why don't they conduct deeper and SERIOUS research ?

I've thot the same xact thing about many underwater ruins around india expicially, not just Lemuria. For ex: The Palace in Near Gujarat. I don't know, i guess they don't have enough funding.
    Back after a while...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314