Page 365 of 400 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Papanasam - good movie but ennamo malayalam padatha feeling than varuthu kamal irunthum..gud screenplay wit kamal power perfomence..Jamal thavira vera yaaralayum intha crector panna mudiyathu innu sonna atha mattum ennala ethukka mudiyathu..kamullukku ippa thevai oru hit,athu drisham padam moolam kedachirukku..Anne sivam time LA vanthirukka vendiya padam..nothing special..but very decent movie..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    36 Vayadhinile: An ok watch. The first 30 - 45 minutes were really good with characters establishment and a police investigation added to the curiosity. The president meeting scene failed to connect because of an unrealistic idea. Will a person's meeting with president garner this much of attention among public? After this episode, the movie lost its natural flow. Every scene look imposed with the central idea as women's empowerment and later the movie became preachy with a documentary feel. Jo was really good and her performance makes the movie enjoyable despite the flaws in the script.

Kaaka Muttai: The USP of the movie is the realism it portrays without being boring. The movie has beautifully written characters. The way, the director has brought out the selfish motives of the people is absolutely realistic. The performances of kids, their mom, their grandma were all superb. I liked the the way the events are interlinked echoing the truth, How a small desire of kids impact people from different walks of life and how each one tries to exploit this opportunity to their own self interest was really written and executed well.

Paapanasam: It's been a long time tamil film industry has created a tightly packed and gripping crime thriller that leaves you at the edge of the seat for most part of the movie's running time. The movie also breaks the notion that, to exhibit heroism, a hero should be larger than life and beat 100's of goons. The man whom you see here is a common man who has simple intentions and big brains and the use of his brains in a realistic way is what gets him applause from the audience. It was really a treat to see kamal in such a down to earth role and nellai slang. I felt, the cruelty in the police station scene could have been reduced. Jeetu Joseph can definitely take pride for creating such a script with no logic loopholes.

Purambooku: Before the start of the movie, I thought I am going to hate it but surprisingly the movie was good. The movie started very slowly but started to engage once the characters start evolving. By interval, the characters are clearly established with their motives. The movie has s p jananathan's signature moments of revolutionary dialogues, communism, nationalism etc., I felt Arya's character does not have the emotional connect ,because it never showcased, what he has done for the people. The movie is little dramatic with even the common prisoner mouthing revolutionary dialogues, but those small things did not hinder the entertainment it offered.
    Last edited by easygoer; 19th July 2015 at 10:10 PM.
    Know something about everything and go deeper in one thing

Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baahubali (The Begining) - must watch at Theater!

Starting few mins, idhukku dhaan ivlo build-upaa feeling.. CG is not that great..but poga poga screenplay arrests you throughout.. Interval block and Baahubali revelation are goose-bump moments.. Second half super.. especially the war sequence!! BGM is very good!! Casting is perefect!

Even though he made it rich.. usual build up for hero, item song ellam irukku.. but mannika koodaiya alavil

Completely satisfied and kudos to Rajamouli!!
    Last edited by vithagan; 13th July 2015 at 08:05 AM.
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bahubali - sorry, but I'm not impressed.

Of course Rajamouli should be congratulated for trying to achieve the grandeur of epic movies.

Maragathamani provided epic-worthy background music. Ramya Krishnan was awesome and so was Rana, the villain.

Watchable once but don't expect the earth to move. 😊

Story reminded me of Linga, with some bits of Adimai Penn thrown in. 😁

The sets reminded me of Sunway Lagoon. Heeheehee. 😂

As for the hero, he reminded me of our mass heroes.
    All the dance moves are there including the ridiculous stunts and heroism that even our heroes have abandoned nowadays.

Battle scenes were quite ok except that I was half expecting Bhagavadgita in between (Karnan). 😀

Conclusion: my wish is for Tamil films not to compete with Hollywood but to concentrate on what they excel in - like in Papasanam or Kakkaa Muttai.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

6. Likes Mr.GreyShirt liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post

Of course Rajamouli should be congratulated for trying to achieve the grandeur of epic movies.

Maragathamani provided epic-worthy background music. Ramya Krishnan was awesome and so was Rana, the villain.

Watchable once but don't expect the earth to move. 

Story reminded me of Linga, with some bits of Adimai Penn thrown in. 

The sets reminded me of Sunway Lagoon. Heeheehee. 

All the dance moves are there including the ridiculous stunts and heroism that even our heroes have abandoned nowadays.

Battle scenes were quite ok except that I was half expecting Bhagavadgita in between (Karnan). 

Conclusion: my wish is for Tamil films not to compete with Hollywood but to concentrate on what they excel in - like in Papasanam or Kakkaa Muttai.

As expected.. you were against Naan EE also...

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol

Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post

Watchable once but don't expect the earth to move. ��

Story reminded me of Linga, with some bits of Adimai Penn thrown in. ��

The sets reminded me of Sunway Lagoon. Heeheehee. ��

Battle scenes were quite ok except that I was half expecting Bhagavadgita in between (Karnan). ��

Finally someone who agrees with me.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

10. Likes NOV liked this post
    Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Samsara

Impatiently waiting for the Disc Samsara, I checked the making of the documentry over internet. I was sweetly surprised and glad that Sony digitalised it for 4K. So, 4K - remember Baahubali was promoted to be released in 4K (limited theatres), but no one took notice of it, leave alone talking about it. I was glad because I can watch Samsara on a Ultra HD (UHD) 4K : Curve 65" TV (mark Samsung). And below is the image taken by my partner with her mobile phone.

Samsara is nothing but a marvel. It has all inside - Nature, potraits, images & reality. Few presentations stings, but the whole product discusses non-narratively about life & lifelessness joining them both with beauty. The colors are original - a sample to those who show our Heroes Rose and Heroines Pink. There are few episodes in Africa which are strong and colorful. To start with, there is a volconic erruption sequence where you can see different shades of Black, White & Grey. Here is a solution for adjusting your screen's resolution. And for colors, there is a Monk doing a Sand Mandala. [Mexicomeat, this is my favourite sequence]. Between life & culture, images from deserts, isolated snags, floating rocks, cracked monuments and crystal landscape are inserted to amplify the happiness & horror we are living in. And slowly, but effectively Samsara introduces the agony that we ourselves create - consummation industry.

The early parts depict most fabulous moments of Nature & Culture and the later narrates the daily life. When the birth to baptisme are wonderfully pictured, the manufacturing of an electric iron press is detailed right from screwing to covering. Tribes living in colony, grinding their day-to-day food, is inbalanced with mass meat production. So on and so forth, signing off with the 1000 Hand Dance, which makes sense to every single image and the title of the documentary.

The parts of Ladak Monastery and Indonesian palaces were extremely live. The European architecture, notably the French ones - Palace of Versaille, Mount of St.Michel, Church of Saint-Sulpice - are covered through different movemental angles. Mecca & tour of Saudi Arabia were breathtaking. And all the portfoilios with such a zoom close up are crystal clear that the debris in the dress are visible. The humanoids were cool. There is this Japanese Anime Girl whose one strand of hair flies near her ear which is illuminated by the sunlight from behind. Thats the summary of crispness present throughout the footage. Being a Horror Genre Fan, I enjoyed a lot the Mono Acting of an artist who enacts the scenes of gore. There exists several make-up/edit techniques which does not use computers to enhance their picture. This artist (think he is using Argile), takes the clay and disguises himself to produce grusome faces and horrors of being multifaced. There are many such little suprises in its runtime of 1h40m.

Few behind scenes : Shot in 70mm on Kodak film with Panaroma Super 70. Ron Fricke shoots & edits the documentry with his producer and co-partner Mark Magidson. The initial digitalised size of the footage was 20 Tera Bytes. Sony took care of the processing it to 4K resolution, also registered the OST & sound in Dolby 7.1. Further more details are present on the Disc with various audio-visual options to choose from.

Samsara - The Beauty Within

I once again thank Mexicomeat for this fabulous recomendation.

This weekend will watch Bakara, and will wait patiently for Baahubali Disc Version on 4K resolution.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mappi; 17th July 2015 at 07:15 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

12. Likes mexicomeat liked this post
    Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indru Netru Naalai - Liked it very much!!

Intelligent screenplay and impressive debut.. Don't miss it!!
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

14. Likes VinodKumar's liked this post
    Senior Member Regular Hubber srimal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bajrangi Bhaijaan - konjam slow... but a good film... not like usual salman flicks, but its feel good and somewhat emotional... the little girl is too cute and suits the character... some visuals were stunning... and nawazuddin is easily the best actor in the movie... If you can tolerate a small dose of kareena, watch it....