Page 266 of 400 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    pistha - i don't know how many times i've seen this, but it's wildly entertaining everytime watch it. 5 star entertainment.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    nimirthu nil - i'm fan of samutrakani

best movie innu solla mudiyathu but good entertain movie sure!expecially dialouge..theri mass..hats off to samutrakani!

cookoo- worst movie for me

oru 10 nimisam porumaiye illa!sema blade..unamutravargalai vechi sentiment-ta padam edutha standing ovacation kedaikum ingara kaalam malaiyeri pochu..intha padathukaha directorukku car parisa koduthathellam verum publicity stunt pola!rendu naalau kalici produser-re director kitta pudinggi kittu poyiruparu!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched DVD of onaayum aattukuttiyum! Well, somehow liked it. Had to watch with full concentration to follow the clever progress of the plot! Only objectionable point was the countless shootings! Of course exaggerations-cinematic and unbelievable- the way the two protogonists strain their nerves. Chandru is a good characterisation and Myshkin's too. very touching and convincing in many scenes. The thought at the end was that life is neither black or white but mostly grey!!!!!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

5. Likes mappi liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i yam red human - not bad..could have been much better..the director uses an interesting premise but loses it half way.what didnt work for me was the unrealistic duwist..pluses were vishal, gvp and those rapists..they looked creepy..heroine totally rejjeted..amala ball category..
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

7. Likes Arragesh liked this post
    Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    LoL Mahen, I immediately was looking for a movie titled I YAM A RED MAN, thought it is was a korean dubbed, until I read the name Vishal ! Will be watching it in a couple of hours from now. And thanks for the info, Vishal padam kandipa parkalam.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

9. Likes Arragesh liked this post
    Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Naan Sigappu Manithan (2014 : Tamil : 2h40m : Thriller (Drama, Suspense)]
    Written & directed by Thiru

Starring : Vishal, Lakshmi Menon, Jagan, Sunder Babu, Jayaprakash, Saranya, Iniya & Baddies

Indhiran falls asleep whenever he is emotionally triggered be it fear or joy. A candid look at his life from a child to a young man shows his struggles and also his desires. Ofcoarse one of them being falling in love, and as you have guessed by now, she does come knocking. All is well, for the time being, where she is an asusual supportive half with the same old-type rich father rejecting her love. That does not stop them from seeing each, but it takes a turn on a rainy night where Indhiran's life breaks down into pieces more than the falling rain drops. What happened that night and its aftermaths are narrated in a gripping manner where the crux is how "I am a Man" gets crossed over with "I am a Red Man".

Thiru suceeds in getting us, this time too, a freash tale filled with darkness and sorrow. Thiru has easily entered in my books as a "serious film maker". The basic plot is excellent and the major sub-plot is awesome. But sadly the Twist sub-plot falls very short and its here you can easily make out how much he struggles to link everything up. But as an audience who craves for something new to watch without any cars and humans flying, this film is quite a neat watch. Throttling the brain with too much questions about the "thises & thats" will certainly take away the fulfilment. Just watch the movie and you will certainly be rewarded to have viewed a "good movie", just as we were.

Vishal as a narcoleptic has put the same energy in his role as he would do for action scenes. The number of times he just falls down are numerous. I think this is one of the rare films from Vishal where he does not throw annonymous baddies in air every 15 minutes. He plays quite well as a desperate young man with a problem and then, the man when the desperation turns into his only motive. He emotes quite well, this time with his voice too, thanks to Pandiyanadu. Even tailors can make mistakes, so I cannot say Saranya is 'tailor-made mom' of TFI, she is just above it if you can coin a suitable laud for her. Jagan shines, I really like him right from his Vijay TV program days. The Villans don't have much time but whenever they pop up they comfortably switch on the grinding button in our stomach.

This is the 2nd movie in a row where I found the the BGM was really awful. GVP fans and well wishers should watch the movie before taking my comment wrongly. None of the BGM were original, not to mention none suited the suituation either. There were couple of scenes where I thought GVP is back, but he proved me wrong each time. But yet, few encounters and a foot chase sequence was quite blending, thanks to the not so original music that was playing. Songs, I just did not bother at all. The camera works were gem. The co-artists were beleivable.

Another Victory from Vishal Film Factory

Naan Sigappu Manithan : Disturbing but Daring

Spoiler: 
    Pagaivanin pagayai vida nanbanin pagayae abathaanathu - Kochadaiiyaan 3D [releasing 09/MAY/2014]

Recomended movie : Narco [French : 2004] - Don't be suprised about the hairline thefts but they all were well adapted for TFI (including a sub-plot). Not as a complain but just to inform you that there is another awesome movie around ! Couple of other movies come to my mind, just don't bother about them but try to watch Naan Sigappu Manithan in theatres near you.
    Last edited by mappi; 13th April 2014 at 04:55 AM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

11. Likes Arragesh liked this post
    Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everything was fine till the start of the second half. Getting sick of directors trying to chalk out a twist just for the heck of it. It ends up getting all contrived and unconvincing. And to say the twist was unconvincing would be an understatement.So even if the narcolepsy aspect was dealt aesthethically, it was all for nothing. Cause the movie just ran on famliliar territory after what was probably one of the most inept flashbacks that I have seen in a while. Tragedy cause the movie was sort of good till that time.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    maan karathe - so many things wrong with this film.... my gead hurts
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

15. Likes povAferdeack liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Srinivasan View Post
    Getting sick of directors trying to chalk out a twist just for the heck of it.
    Yes. Good to see Vishal in non masala movies

Santhanam : Kadahakulla kadhai venamae Kamal.