Page 384 of 400 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    entha nadiganavathu padatha promote panna malaysia vanthanna therinjikka vendiyathutan padam mokka innu...hit ana nadri solla oru paya varamattan...athuvum THR raaga la mani kanakula interview kudukarangga..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paayum Puli

Every villain is a hero in his own mind.

Watched Suseenthiran's Paayum Puli starring Vishal as AC Jayaseelan (Seelan is an awesome name) & Samuthirakani as Selvam. Was plesantly suprised with the film. Thought it was a different kind and most parts were quite well handled. The way it was filmed by Velraj was fantastic, mostly tilt shots (technically called Dutch Angle) which did make one try to peep into the zones not in the image. And all the dim-light chase/shootout/fight sequences were wonderfully planned and executed. Before going into what I found interesting with the film Paayum Puli, I wish to knockout these 3 points those I consider to hinder the film (I respect if anyone else found any or all the three interesting) :

1/ Kajal Agarwal - No comments, as the Romance track in TFI never impressed me. But the character is a connecting dot and it was Sussethiran's narration that avoided to speak about it. Its not like the character had any use, but simply it was not put to use.

2/ Soori - Another 'puppy' character of TFI, if we complain about it, then the list of films will be long.

3/ Imman - Think he tried to elevate Vishal, and not the character Jayaseelan. Found him exaggerating a bit and taking away the depth of the wonderful images. 'Paayum Puli' theme song was good though.

Taking away these 3 elements from the movie, the film has a solid narration, and I think Suseedharan has tried to bring in the narrator only in the second half. Usually, if there is no explict narrator, there still must be an implicit one narrating. In the case of Paayum Puli, we find the 'Narrator', who is not the protagonist coming into full swing in the second half, technically during the middle of ACT-2. The narration actually forces us to follow this new 'Narrator', and not the main Hero of the film Jayaseelan. I found this twisted approach and the resgistrations the film makes while it advances, interesting. Talking about the first half, we have our cinema culture - Elevating the Hero. This explains the events in the 1st half where the character Jayaseelan gets the opputunity to slay the wrong doers in his own style. But he is put to become a victim of his own sentimental burdens, and this is where the 'Narrator' charges in and retains all the focus for himself. There is a massive cut here, where the mood of the film changes - after the 'bang-bang' episode, Jayaseelan is pushed back and practically the narrative concentrates on another character.

There is a particular scene that was superb - Jayaseelan's father talking about 'someone' hitting him hard on his head with a pole. A beautifully enacted scene. Similar suituations driven by crisp dialogues are scattered throughout the film, and for the stunts the 1st encounter was slendid followed by several interesting action blocks. Again, Suseenthiran as a director controls the part of the fiction. Being the actual author of the fiction itself, his task is to just narrate a part of the story that he had choosen. The film begins with series of murders, then gets a political angle until the 'Narrator' jumps in. From then, as mentioned before the rest of the knots in the story are shelfed and its only the 'Narrators' story that one gets to see. The film ends there too. For eg: This film may start with an end, - Jayaseelan watching a corpse under a brigde and forcing the protagonist to be narrator himself. What Sussenthiran choose was an alternate method, and it worked with me. Or it could have traveled on political conspiracy or murder mystry or just a vigilante crime story. Sussenthiran mixed every thing inside and brought out a family drama with suspense and thrills.

Ofcoarse the movie had all fabulous trade mark ideas of Sussenthiran. And nearing the climax the extraction of sorrow from the lead characters was excellent.

Paayum Puli - Good Tempered
    Last edited by mappi; 7th September 2015 at 04:19 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Savvaale Samali - Crap !!! I dint know Vijay tv Jegan was there in the movie !!! Otherwise andha pakkam thala vechae paduthuruka maataen !!! 90 % aruverupaana dialogues .

Arun Pandian in his latest interview said that they have said something in movie which no body has said so far. He was right ..

1. Paatti pallala kadichu beer open panni peran kooda onna utkaandhu kudikiradhu
    2. Paatti perankitta un thathaku munnadi oruthara vachirundhaenu perumidhama solluradhu
    3. Paatti perana kitta pala meaning la pesuradhu

21/2 mani neram samalika mudiyadha alavuku savaal !!!

5. Likes Cinemarasigan, gane14, A.ANAND liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paayum Puli

An ordinary attempt from Suseendran. He could've made a much better film with the main twist of the film but what we see is an ordinary commercial fare which is entertaining in parts. Lower your expectations and watch the film, you may end up liking it.

Sent from my Micromax A102 using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paayum Puli - Pouce Baissé

The movie breaks the current trend in tamil cinema with successful cop movies in 2015. The movie is nowhere near interesting. Even D.Imaan got uninterested and gave some mediocore songs and repeated BGM (copy&paste) throughout the movie. I dont know why but some of the scenes reminded me of Anjathey (kidnap scenes). I expected way more in Suseendran movie, but he has let me down, its not as bad as Rajapattai, but still a dissapointing movie though.
    God bless all

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND View Post
    entha nadiganavathu padatha promote panna malaysia vanthanna therinjikka vendiyathutan padam mokka innu...hit ana nadri solla oru paya varamattan...athuvum THR raaga la mani kanakula interview kudukarangga..
    you don't see the 3rd day press meet?
    Real Ulaga Naayagan and Oscar Naayagan ARR

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thani oruvan - seems like a good movie, but i did not enjoy it. wife and i switched it off after 60 minutes of watching.

i can go into specifics about why it did not click for me, but since everyone else is loving the movie, i will shut up.
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sir,

Pls watch the rest of the movie too.

Sent from my Micromax A102 using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicomeat View Post
    thani oruvan - seems like a good movie, but i did not enjoy it. wife and i switched it off after 60 minutes of watching.

i can go into specifics about why it did not click for me, but since everyone else is loving the movie, i will shut up.
    If you take away Aravind Swamy, ,the movie (IMHO ) is not in the "Exceptional" league ...
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Devoted Hubber gane14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thani Oruvan
    ---------------

Enough credits been given to Arvindsamy. IMO, Jayam Ravi did a wonderful job in this movie who deserves much more credit to his name. A balance was beautifully struck between the Antagonist and the Protagonist. Kudos to Jayam Ravi & Raja

Not to forget Thambi Ramaiah and his timings, fits to 'T' for that character.

Positives
    ----------
    Arvindsamy
    Dialogues
    Jayam Ravi
    Nayanthara
    Thambi Ramaiah
    BGM (Except Sherlock holmes rip off)

Negatives
    ------------
    I love entertainer and I did not find any

Pakka Entertainer, loved it.