Page 158 of 400 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    agree... they did not try to manipulate...
    but my only complaint was, they tried to show more than one thing on screen.. ofcourse thats how reality is... but sometimes they give focus to one thing more than the other.. for example, his friend went missing... they investigate, find the car number which was used for kidnapping, and they are so close to it... cut... the focus shifted to the boy... he goes missing... later kishore finds out his inner skill... they meet the coach... they meet the doctor... then kishore trains him by himself... and we are given no clue abt what has really happened to the missing cop...
    but thats only minor... i liked the screenplay and direction... only some scenes could have been crispier towards the end... the fight scenes...

really loved the way they showed the group of cops... calling maaman machan etc., refreshing... could not resist recalling the cops in kaakka kaakka, who were elite...

new director?? any history? sure will look forward to his upcoming ventures.
    Sach is Life..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    Ippdi oru padam vandhuchaa?
    irunga... ippo enakkae doubt'aa irukku...
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftSword View Post
    but my only complaint was, they tried to show more than one thing on screen.. ofcourse thats how reality is... but sometimes they give focus to one thing more than the other.. for example, his friend went missing... they investigate, find the car number which was used for kidnapping, and they are so close to it... cut... the focus shifted to the boy... he goes missing... later kishore finds out his inner skill... they meet the coach... they meet the doctor... then kishore trains him by himself... and we are given no clue abt what has really happened to the missing cop...
    but thats only minor... i liked the screenplay and direction... only some scenes could have been crispier towards the end... the fight scenes...

really loved the way they showed the group of cops... calling maaman machan etc., refreshing... could not resist recalling the cops in kaakka kaakka, who were elite...

The director really succeded in avoiding melodrama in a lot of places. Could have easily been a tear jerker. But the movie sheers away from that territory. Kishore did a great job as usual. Sneha was also good and so was th kid. And Yugi Sethu in that small cameo was really hilarious. Small dig: Yugi was talking about Kutraleeswaran. But the sad part of his story was that he couldn't continue his swimming aspirations after a particular point in time. I was a personal witness to his life, being his cousin brother's best friend. Our school was never supportive of his talent and in the end he chose a career in the US. Just got married last year in Hyatt. And I guess he is contended with his life. But sadly we lost out on him as a swimmer.....End dig..
    The director has already directed a couple other films- The passable Ninaithalle Inikkuma and the intolerable Yuvan Yuvathi....
    Last edited by Arvind Srinivasan; 3rd April 2013 at 08:21 PM.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Srinivasan View Post
    Small dig: Yugi was talking about Kutraleeswaran. But the sad part of his story was that he couldn't continue his swimming apirations after a particular point in time. I was a personal witness to his life being his cousin brother's best friend. Our school was never supportive of his talent and in the end he chose a career in the US. Just got married last year in Hyatt. And I guess he is contended with his life. But sadly we lost out on him as a swimmer.....End dig..
    Yeah, I've read his interview where he was so dejected that he couldn't get any support from the government or sponsors and how hard it was for him to give up.

The director has already directed a couple other films- The passable Ninaithalle Inikkuma and the intolerable Yuvan Yuvathi....
    Another tidbit: He is the son of yesteryear director, GN Rangarajan (Meendum Kokila, Kalyanaraman, Maharasan).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Srinivasan View Post
    The director really succeded in avoiding melodrama in a lot of places. Could have easily been a tear jerker. But the movie sheers away from that territory. Kishore did a great job as usual. Sneha was also good and so was th kid. And Yugi Sethu in that small cameo was really hilarious. Small dig: Yugi was talking about Kutraleeswaran. But the sad part of his story was that he couldn't continue his swimming apirations after a particular point in time. I was a personal witness to his life being his cousin brother's best friend. Our school was never supportive of his talent and in the end he chose a career in the US. Just got married last year in Hyatt. And I guess he is contended with his life. But sadly we lost out on him as a swimmer.....End dig..
    sad to know abt kutraleeswaran and the way our country/state groom the real talents, even after knowing they are extraordinary... i dont know how long we ll keep cribbing or writing in such forums and really wish thats something changes...

the director... looks like he has something in him to stand away from the run-of-the-mills... thot he was a debutant... ninaitthalae inikkum... was a remake... so pardoned... yuvan yuvathi, is there anyone who has watched the movie other than the director and the producer??
    Sach is Life..

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

OK. will watch this movie Haridas.

Haridas director G. N. R. Kumaravelan also directed :

Ninaithale Inikkum (2009) starring Malayalam* Prithviraj

Yuvan Yuvathi (2011) starring Bharat - Yes I had watched this movie. Boy-meets-girl-fall-in-love-parents-no-accept-love-wins. Not to mention, unnecessary twists and heroisms.

You can possibly expect his next movie in 2015.
    Last edited by mappi; 3rd April 2013 at 07:35 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i liked him in singakutti dhanush's adhu oru kanaakkaalam...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    Ippdi oru padam vandhuchaa?
    irunga... ippo enakkae doubt'aa irukku...
    adhu Balu Mahendra padam illaiyO?
    kaadhal iLavarasan kalaith thiRanai nI ariyaai!

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Three movies in a row ..

Kula Magal Radhai - Sivaji, Saroja Devi, Devika

Engeyum Eppodhum - Jai, Anjali

Thuppaaki - Vijay, Kajal Agarwal

Can't believe that I spent almost 9 hours in front of the tv
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RC View Post
    adhu Balu Mahendra padam illaiyO?
    adhae!
    Sach is Life..

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hari Das (2013)
    Written & Directed by G.N.R.Kumaravelan
    Produced by : V.Ramadoss
    Music : Vijay Antony
    Cinematography : R. Rathnavelu
    Banner : DR V RAM Production Private Limited

Starring : Kishore, Prithviraj Das, Sneha, Soori, Pradeep Rawat

Hari Das, son of an investigating police officer, suffers from autism (a disorder of neural development characterized by impaired social interaction and communication, and by restricted and repetitive behavior.) When his grandmother dies, he is sheltered by his father Siva Das. Not knowing what to do and taking the advice of the psy that one has to understand and see the world of Hari Das, Siva Das, engulfed with guilt, takes up the task to cure his son. To start he gets him admitted in a school where Hari Das falls under the care of a graceful teacher Amudhavalli. Siva Das juggles between his profession as a Police officer investigating a upsconding gangster and duties of a responsible father. Eventhough he sets back in his profession resulting in the kidnapp of one of his team members, he sucessfully finds out the potential of his autist son. After many dijesting many insults and crossing several hurdles, Siva Das does enrolls his son to acheive his dream, but at the same time has to encounter his nemesis. The drama unfolds the depth of sucess, duty and father-figure.

A very graceful film. Majority of the goodness goes to the director. The rest are shared between the producer for accepting to produce a film of this kind, the music director and the camera man. Knowing that its a preachy subject, the director has inteligently handled it as a cat testing the water. The thrills and suspence of the Police activities combined with a social awareness of a completely opposite problem has worked magic to hold our attention for its 150 minutes runtime. Whenever the movie shifts to preachy lines, the fast track police story intevines and takes us beyond. The filming is wonderful with so many different shots which give more life to the naration. The bgm in major parts has worked wonderfully.

Kishore has potrayed calmness as a father and shrudeness as a police officier. Maintaiing the stiffness in his body language but at the same time showing a variation has been beautifully executed. Sneha does a neat job, wonder why she is missing in regular cinemas. Soori's one liners assosiating his fate with animals provike laughter and his pressence is felt as a support for the main characters. Spl mention to Prithviraj - he has acted his role perfectly by maintaining a metered performence. Its quite difficult to be abnormal in a scene where everyone else is normal. Plus he does not over do things. Rest of the casts are notable.

But still there are few remarks : The "Sweet Dream" version to potray the upliftment of Hari Das does not work (for me). Have seen/heard the horror and brutal version of the song, but never I imagined the tune could be used in a social enviornment. It just made me laugh, taking away the sentiment. Secondly, the end did not work for me. Other than few flaws and some slow moment - without personalising events - Hari Das is a well thought and filmed movie. Hope the movie releases on DVD, leave alone the producer taking efforts to screen it in Film Festivals - this movie has material that would interest (real) critics.

Hari Das - Exceptionel
    Last edited by mappi; 4th April 2013 at 06:32 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India