Page 237 of 400 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Post Thanks / Like
    deleted as it is not the appropriate thread for the video
    Last edited by yellow; 3rd December 2013 at 07:11 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A good day to die hard - a bad choice to watch it.

I was really dissapointed about this movie. I enjoyed all the other 4 die hard movies. I took the DVD out to see if i put my Mission Impossible DVD instead, but no. One good thing was the action sequences, esp on the roads.

I am not sure if there will be a Die Hard 6. Die hard 5 is not a good way to end the era of die hard treats.
    God bless all

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The action sequences were the worst. So much shaky cams. Shaky cams need to die!
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    Sutta Kadhai reminded me a lot the amateur stage performances in the school/college cultural events; esp. that song in the bar. Where the movie failed big time is at no point we get into the mindset of the characters. But still I enjoyed it (mostly in bits), liked the music and situations.

Exactly!

High-school stage dramave dhaan. But the poor makers must have worked really hard in scripting each sequence...so hard that the jokes are killed by the sheer length of the scene. This is one unique unfunny movie where each and every scene is stretched beyond the permissible limit. The film starts with M.S.Bhaskar with a silly hat, shooting birds. He walks, whistles, aims and shoots one(I wonder why those fake blue birds are shown from close range). The scene is repeated and then again repeated before the titles roll. A person walks into police station and presents his complaint to Table 1, to Table 2...3, 4, 5 and 6. The tea stall kid takes out each glass one by one, till all 6 glasses are kept on the table. Nasser and the Singam-constable talk about the drinking habits in Russia, Australia, Gujarat, Aminjikkarai and another 10 different regions. There are repeat scenes in stunt sequences as well. Nasser nadandha slow motion, Jayaprakash nadandha slow motion. Andha sappa sceneukku oru neeeeelamaaana intro meesik........yapppaa! vidungada sami!
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hattori_hanzo View Post
    Exactly!

High-school stage dramave dhaan. But the poor makers must have worked really hard in scripting each sequence...so hard that the jokes are killed by the sheer length of the scene. This is one unique unfunny movie where each and every scene is stretched beyond the permissible limit. The film starts with M.S.Bhaskar with a silly hat, shooting birds. He walks, whistles, aims and shoots one(I wonder why those fake blue birds are shown from close range). The scene is repeated and then again repeated before the titles roll. A person walks into police station and presents his complaint to Table 1, to Table 2...3, 4, 5 and 6. The tea stall kid takes out each glass one by one, till all 6 glasses are kept on the table. Nasser and the Singam-constable talk about the drinking habits in Russia, Australia, Gujarat, Aminjikkarai and another 10 different regions. There are repeat scenes in stunt sequences as well. Nasser nadandha slow motion, Jayaprakash nadandha slow motion. Andha sappa sceneukku oru neeeeelamaaana intro meesik........yapppaa! vidungada sami!
    With this type of movie...they try to make fun of Tamil movies here & there!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pacific Rim - Dinosaurs VS "Transformers"

Acting: ok
    story: thin
    visual effects: top notch
    music score: ok
    direction: good

Even though It didnt gimme the big kick like the the transformers, the movie wasnt bad. It was typical americans save the world movie. God bless america.
    God bless all

Post Thanks / Like
    Now You See Me

Fantastic movie and Fantastic writing.Should definitely give to writer,The way they have made us to do guess game of who is 'eye' is awesomatic of aromole

Strongly recommended
    Rajesh......

Vazhkai enbathae oru anubavam thaane...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber geno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Actually i didnt find any bad tamilian in the film. There is one traitor character which I thought was a tamilian. But he ended up being a Malayali. If guys like Seeman are desperate to create problems over silly issues, then we cant expect others to consider our opinions when there is really a serious issue.
    Semma deep insight!
    M.K. Narayanan, Sivasankara Menon, A.K.Antony, Satish Nambiar, Vijay Nambiar, Nirupama Menon Rao....

இந்திய தேசியம், இந்திய நீதி, இந்திய தருமம்:
    இலட்சம் தமிழன் செத்தாலும் பரவாயில்லை. ஒரே ஒரு <டிங்க்> மனசும் கூடப் புண்பட்டுவிடக்கூடாது!

டகால்ட்டி திராவிடன் கருணாநிதியின் கையால் சாவதைக் காட்டிலும் ஒரிஜினல் <டிங்> ஜெ.வின் கையால் அழிவது மேல்!

"The Recrudescence of Thamizh ethnicism is deadlier than Ebola Virus - declares Dr. Varna Ratna, announcing the path-breaking discovery.."

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paandiya Naadu
    - good, neat commercial family action drama
    - liked the way screenplay is done & the performance of all the actors
    - easily Vishal's best in terms of acting
    - Susheendran is a much better director compared to all those over hyped-stylish-copy cat directors around here & for me he is the versatile / best director in 2013..
    - Aadhalal kadhal seiveer & Paandiya Naadu... less expected-more satisfied in 2013

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thira

This Vineeth Srinivasan has stuff. Although wiki says it is inspired from 'Trade', I didnt find any huge similarity except the brother going in search of the kidnapped sister. Recommended.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw