Page 256 of 400 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pannaiyaraum Padminiyum - Lovely film. Simple story. Not much change from the short film. The masses might feel it is slow paced. I enjoyed thoroughly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber srimal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah... it was a beautiful movie if you liked the short film, you will love the movie !!

Vijay sethupathy is an excellent actor nu sonna, JayaPrakash is exceptional nu sollanum !!! Tulasi has done a good job too .. mandhil nirkum characters...

hats off to director... padathoda true heroine, padmini thaan - evlo loves vevvera age groupla 3 paer valachi valachi love panraanga !!!

unakkaga piranthaenae song - a beautiful twist

enakku padam romba pidichadhu- must watch it again ..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jannal oram - ok, decent, not bad

Senior Member Devoted Hubber k_vanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Irandam Ulagam - worst experiment by selva

Drishyam - awesome

Senior Member Devoted Hubber k_vanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    Jannal oram - ok, decent, not bad

Parthiban

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    VEERAM

- Ajith ..... awesome screen presence... white & white geththu look.. ippa irukkura actors'la he gives the best look on screen....
    - film starts well.. makes me interested.. but 2nd half was a bit lengthy.. lot of telugu flavour & thambi ramaiah scenes... atleast a 20 mins of trimming would be nice
    - right from naming the characters, director wants to do it little different.. but he could not control himself from "inspiring" scenes from other tamil films
    - Ajith did not drive a bike (but his brothers do).. but he drives a bullock cart & jeep.. note it.. different
    - dialogues are good, for both Ajith & Santhanam.. writer Barathan.. is he the director of Azhagiya Thamiz magan?
    - tamanna looks good.. andha money purse vaayithaan
    - appo ellam cinema poster'la enna irukkumna padathula varra scene'i poster'la poduvanga.. ippa ellam Ajith padathukkunnu oru template irukkudhu.. photo shoot enna panrangalo adhai oru scene aakiduranga.. 50% scenes + 50% photo shoot.. Ajith ninna slo-motion, nadandha slo-mo, ukkandha slo-mo, thirumbuna slo-mo.. podhum director+editor sir.. mudiyalai.. veeram padathukku nalla irukku (for most scenes).. aana Aarambam madhiri araaththu padathukku ellam ippadi vechu porumaiyai sodhikkuranga.. indha slo-mo konjam koraichale run time kammi pannidalam

- overall entertaining mass masala.. enna nan solradhu

ps: thought of posting in the veeram thread.. but ange ore twitter, poster, box office thollai.. namakku twitter'nale allergy & box office, poster ellam kandukkuradhe illai

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    VEERAM
    - Ajith ..... awesome screen presence... white & white geththu look.. ippa irukkura actors'la he gives the best look on screen....
    actually it is white&white and white

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Hunger Games and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

What a thing of beauty! Satire at it's best. Mixing both the satire of reality TV and politics. Both movies were amazing at that. In the first movie I loved the satire but I felt the actual fighting parts were its weakness. It was kinda boring and with all those shaky cams I couldn't tell what was happening at all. I just wanted more of those satire and then I got it. The second one, man oh man was it amazing. More satire and just enough of battle, and no shaky cams! Thank god. They improved or removed most of the things I had problem with in the first movie. I was still more invested in the satires but the battles weren't as bad as the first one.

I'm glad this didn't follow the Twilight trend but still they could have avoided the love triangle.. Why can't they understand that not all love conflicts need a love triangle. I think it wasn't the director's choice rather the producers. They probably wanted to attract teen girls crowd. There was no chemistry between Gale (Liam Hemsworth) and Catnis (Jennifer Lawrence). Who picked Liam to be paired with Jenni anyway? He shows no emotion at all. She is giving him all these emotions and he is just blandly saying his lines.. The relationship with Catnis and Peeta were done right. Two completely different people put together for the show just like in reality TV.

That brings me to the main lead and what a lead she was. Jennifer Lawrence just kills it. What a performance by her. Probably my favorite role done by her. The character Catnis is a really hard to pull off. It looks simple on screen but that's because of Jennifer. The character is truly multidimensional. Jennifer needs to hate what she is doing for the company but also has to act according to them as a celebrity at the same time showing that she hates what she is doing. The best example is when when she is in front of the crowd addressing them and reading from the card. She is just amazing.

I can't wait for the third movie but I heard they are splitting the last book in two parts like in Twilight and Harry Potter..and we all know how that ended up.. At least the last Twilight movies were hilarious.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    La Casa del Fin de Los Tiempos [The House of the End Times] (2013)
    Origin : Venezuela
    Language : Spanish
    Genre : Mystery (add in some horror & haunting factors too)

A good one from Alejandro Hidalgo (added him to my list).
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Samiyarum Samanthavum... oops... Pannayarum Padminiyum... nice decent movie. liked it.
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali