Page 268 of 400 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damaal Dumeel - quite liked it. Seems Tamil directors are quite good at dark comedy. Soodhu Kavvum,Neram,Moodar Koodam and now this.

2. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    Madurai Veeran
    - MGR padangalai parkkuradhukku munnadi ennoda expectation'ai kuraichukkanum...
    Adimai penn - i'm at idai vaeLai ..... mostly -ve .. i'll come back in a day or two
    It's indeed true that most of MGR films have not aged well.
    I watched Anbe Vaa a few years and it was boring.
    But certain movies like Padagotti are still ok.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

watched this movie yesterday.... Like many Tamil movies this days, it begins with some drama and then goes back to Five Years Earlier

slow moving in the beginning, but you will understand that it is of the same genre as Matrix and other intelligent sci fi movies. From the second half, the action moves fast.
    like tamil movies, there is a twist... and another twist

good for watching in cinema.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

6. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Senior Member Devoted Hubber selvamohankumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Going for it tonight . Thanks Nov was in double mind to go or not to..
    Love & Love Only
    -Selvakumar M.

8. Likes NOV liked this post
    Senior Member Devoted Hubber selvamohankumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    Also to include, there is a huge GAP between the days this movies were released and now.

My dad still celebrates all the movies u mentioned above and watched evrytime they play it on TV. They find it interesting.

Not to forget the fact that, it is boring to watch some of the best hits released during 2000-2010. Its all the timeframe and trend by then that mattered for this movies.
    Love & Love Only
    -Selvakumar M.

10. Likes NOV liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    correct, except Anbe vaa, padagotti, aayirathil oruvan, maatukara velan, kudi iruntha koil, enga veetu pillai (something like a baasha for rajinikanth) portions of USV, nadodi mannan, kaavalkaran most of the mgr movies were plain boring.......... to simply say (in my opinion) MGR with Saroja devi and earlier times of pairing with Jayalalitha had the best of masala films from him..
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

12. Likes NOV liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adimai penn - i'm at idai vaeLai ..... mostly -ve .. i'll come back in a day or two
    you will take more days to complete that movie post interval......... it's so yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawny......... i was so tempted to watch that film after that motivational song "thaayillamal naanillai" that used to get telecasted many times in oliyum oliyum those days and the classic amma endral anbu
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    correct, except Anbe vaa, padagotti, aayirathil oruvan, maatukara velan, kudi iruntha koil, enga veetu pillai (something like a baasha for rajinikanth) portions of USV, nadodi mannan, kaavalkaran most of the mgr movies were plain boring.......... to simply say (in my opinion) MGR with Saroja devi and earlier times of pairing with Jayalalitha had the best of masala films from him..
    I like the movie and watched few months back.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anbe Vaa - I listen to Nagesh, Manorama comedy track once a while. MGR-Nagesh interactions were pretty entertaining.

Enga veetu pillai still inspires many for a remake!

16. Likes NOV, selvamohankumar liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    you will take more days to complete that movie post interval......... it's so yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawny......... i was so tempted to watch that film after that motivational song "thaayillamal naanillai" that used to get telecasted many times in oliyum oliyum those days and the classic amma endral anbu
    completed...

Adimaipenn
    - title story ends by the first hour.. but the film runs for nearly 3 hrs
    - MGR tries to give a brammandamana film & he succeeds in some scenes.. there is a fight with lion at the end.. twists in screenplay to bring 2nd jayalalitha... & 1st jayalalitha comes in kavarchi dress for most of the film... all these should have been a treat for MGR fans who watched it in big screen
    - when i see today, its a big bore & the acting is amateurish.. Asokan tops the list of caricature acting
    - usually MGR has Nagesh as his side-kick.. surprisingly here there is Chandrababu & for later part Cho comes in
    - Music by KVM.. some well known songs are there.. "thaayillamal naanillai" (TMS) / written by Aalangudi somu & "aayiram nilave vaa" (SPB) / written by Pulamaipiththan.. & one more song "yemaradhe yematradhe"

- all said, i'm reducing the expectations about MGR's classics.. but i will be watching all those missed films like Nadodi Mannan, maduraiyai meetta sundarapandian etc. & planning to see some Sivaji films also... thanks to youtube

- IMO, i can see a similarity between MGR & Rajini films, Sivaji & Kamal films.. in the 1st set: instant hit.. but when i see later it is not so interesting except for some films & few scenes even in their greatest hits.... where as the 2nd set: may or may not be hit initially, but when i see now, i'm noticing much detail in the making of their films.. for example, on Good Friday, some channel was showing Gnana oLi.. i saw just one shot Sivaji in a white & white suit wearing a cooling glass walking on a bridge & he carries a gift for his daughter.. followed by major sundarrajan.. the way Sivaji walking .. truly amazing..

18. Likes ecureuhapis, mappi liked this post