Page 278 of 400 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328378 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vimal linked with Lakshmi Menon? News to me. He was linked with Oviya and Bindhu Madhavi. Lakshmi menon was linked with Vishal.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Vimal linked with Lakshmi Menon? News to me. He was linked with Oviya and Bindhu Madhavi. Lakshmi menon was linked with Vishal.

lakshmi menon was linked wit sasikumar also

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post

Yeah... I think Nov Annan got confused between Vimal and Vishal...
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    oh no Karthik..... you must keep yourself more well-informed.
    Perhaps he considers it beneath his dignity as a grown man.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    Yeah... I think Nov Annan got confused between Vimal and Vishal...
    Yes sorry, thavaritten
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Naan Dhaan Bala released today. Reviews are fairly good & Vivek's performance is appreciated by critics.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/naan-than-...e-review-18330
    http://www.moviecrow.com/News/4576/n...an-bala-review
    http://www.onlykollywood.com/naan-th...-movie-review/
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber 19thmay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mundasupatti - Yaarum indha padam innum pakalaya... dont miss it!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 19thmay View Post
    முண்டாசுப்பட்டிக்கு கிடைத்த ரஜினியின் பாராட்டு!

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 19thmay View Post

Saw it and liked it...... Konjam dragging at times......but interval and climax really good.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mundasupatti [2014 : Tamil : 2h20m : Humour (Rom-Com, Fantasy)]
    Written & Directed by Ram Kumar
    Adopted from a short film of the same name filmed by Ram for Nallaya Iyakunar Season 2

Produced By C.V. Kumar (you are awesome man)
    Music : Sean Roldan
    Cinematography : P.V.Sankar
    Editing : Leo John Paul

Banner : Thirukumaran Entertainment

Starring : Vishnu, Kaali, Ramdoss, Nandita & others along with Anand Raj

Mundasupattians suffers from photogophobia, simply put fear of having their picture taken. Apart from that, Mundasupatti has a middle name - Superstition. The fear & superstition gathered from few events during the post-independence time was passed on from generation to generation until the present day, year 1982. The villagers beloved God Vana Muni turns to be a certain big value, which the Komalapatti Jameen eyes upon; he also accounts to a few failed thieving attempts. Gopi and his assistant Azhagumani hold a still photo studio in a nearby town. They are hired by the Mundasupattians to take the final snap of their village leader who is on his death bed. A bit reluctant and impatient in the beginning, Gopi decides to stay in the village until the D-Day(read Death Day) arrives, the main reason being Kalaivani, the 'house-girl' with whom he had gained a ‘love-at-first-sight’ jackpot. An unexpected photo-shoot-incident, put them as prisoners in the village. Even though under ‘village-arrest’, Gopi seems to be happi, as he could be close to Kalalivani. But his joy short lives when Kalaivani's marriage is arranged to another localer. Gopi & Azhagu, taking the advantage of the superstitious villagers, plot to move the ‘God-idol’ from the temple to stop the marriage. The successful duo can be proud as the marriage gets staled, but their gladness sinks when the misplaced idol disappears. When the villagers come to know their ‘evil-plan’ for love, all diapers explode into an amazing finale which would surely stretch your lips from ear-to-ear.

The films main forte are the well sketched characters. The dialogues and the speechless moments are well co-ordinated which provokes laughter at a steady mileage. All the villagers are newbies that makes the whole village set-up and their behaviour quite believable. Even though so many things happen in the movie, the film advances only with 3 characters which is not only neat, but are hilarious too - Gopi played by Vishnu, Azhagumani essayed by Kaali and Romdoss as Muniskanth [extrodinary performence by Ramdoss]. The slapstick comedy works out well - whether its during romance or a chase or a life & death situation, they have executed it with items on the foreground. With that try, they have succeeded a lot - most credits goes to the director and the rest should be shared with the artists.

I enjoyed all the branches in the story :

- Post independence photogophobia
    - Vana Muni Episode
    - Mundasupatti Village events - festival & Photo session
    - Komalapatti Jamen Cat story
    - Muniskanth
    - Crime plot by a villager to kill his wife => this one was hillarious
    - The Poojari Story
    - Theft of Vana Muni
    - Climax => LoL
    - End Credits

Vishnu, Kaali and Nandita have done an impressive job. Nandita was pretty and all her expressions are solid, esp. rolling the eyes and moving the lips at the same time. It was amazing to watch her do that. Kaali was more energetic than Vishnu. His timing and measured dialogue delivery increases the tickles by few counts. The best part is, he travels along with Vishnu, and his presence is at its fullest, excellent role. Vishnu, I have not seen him around for a while, transforms to Gopi-the photographer. There are few chances for him to perform and he uses them quite well. Ramdoss is the show stealer. His voice and his body language are interesting to note. The village & town market set-ups are good. The scenery is pleasant, and adding it with white villagers attire draws in the needed beauty. The Bike gets a special mention along with the kid who acts as Nandita's Brother. Anand Raj does a comeo as the Jameen. He is still in form - its quite nice to watch him again. The side Kicks were funny. Costumes were great.

The film did not give me ample time and space to get the music. There were so many things occupying a scene, that music became a part of it. Out of few moments where I had a chance to hear the melody, I could say that Sean Roldan had modernised the sounds of the 80's. It was like how ARR gave modernity to the village backdrop and IR stayed authentic. Sean Roldan's work in Mundasupatti is somewhere in the middle and was amazing. Sometime back I had posted a song sung & composed by Sean Roldan - "Mayakura Poovasam". The songs sound more like its accompaniment. But the BGM score is entirely different from "Close the Mouth and Talk". The theme-music is naughty and teasing and is played at catchy intervals which is just awesome. Another promising and original composer that I am placing after my favourite musician Santosh Narayanan.

Even though the casting is apt, I felt that few more prominent faces and artists could have elevated the movie. For ex: Arul Das as the guy who lives outside the village or the artist who says "Karuppan Kusumban, 1/4 Kekuran" from VPVS as the villager who wants to get rid of his wife ... so on so forth. They could have nailed themselves into the role. There are few scenes that are dragged without purpose and many silent moments which take away the interest then and there. And yes, short-film syndrome can be felt in this feature film also. Too much precision tests one's patience at times. Should have avoided the Sherlock Holmes styled Slo-Mo Jameen escape attempt, puts a mark on the so far original attempt. Following Rummy, the ‘death-house’ humour does not click, but the song was funny though.

Ram Kumar has organised a field trip of humour in and around a fabulous village called Mundasupatti, don't miss it.

Mundasupatti - Magicube
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India