Page 315 of 400 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    pakkathu thread'la arumaiyana discussions poyittu irukku..
    nanum oru bottom line add pannittu idhai close pannidaren...

bottom line..
    1. ellorume inge thirudangathan
    2. enna venumnalum pannunga aana inge adhai solladheenga..
    3. adhe madhiri.. yaravadhu padam parthachunnu sonna.. padam eppadinu mattum kelunga.. adhai vituttu endha theater, evlo kootam, tkt scan copy'nu kaetu uyir edukka koodadhu

thats all your aanur..
    Honest, you still don't get the point ...bottom line is pirated version paarunga , aana adha nyayapaduthathinga !!! That too when you put up a point cinema kaaranga mattum olunga adhunaala naa aapdi thaan pannuvaen doesn't make any sense.

A dialogue from nimirndhu nil - avan thappu pannuraan Ivan thappu pannuraanutu naama thappu pannitu irrukkkom.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VinodKumar's View Post
    Honest, you still don't get the point ...bottom line is pirated version paarunga , aana adha nyayapaduthathinga !!! That too when you put up a point cinema kaaranga mattum olunga adhunaala naa aapdi thaan pannuvaen doesn't make any sense.

A dialogue from nimirndhu nil - avan thappu pannuraan Ivan thappu pannuraanutu naama thappu pannitu irrukkkom.
    If many complaints against Cine field boycotting cinemas at any mode will be a better solution,
    which is almost inevitable....

kailaasanaadhana murugana kaNNaala
    paakka thaan mudiyumaa kooRu
    ambaththanju kaasu nee
    kuduththuttaa thannaala
    kadavuLa paakkalaam paaru
    kaaththavaraayan madhura veeran
    therayila dhaanae purinjirukku
    Gandhi-ya kooda padaththila dhaanae
    innaikku desam therinjirukku
    ada pasi thookkam marandhaachchu
    pazhasellaam marandhaachchu
    kottagam vaLandha piragu
    naattula kuththam koranjirukku

harichandran naadagam paaththu thaan
    Gandhiyum saththiyaththa nambinaar angae
    kisu kisu pOttu
    kaeLvi badhil pOttu
    paththirikka vandhaa laabamunga
    vaazhkkaikku ingae
    vadikaal vaeNum
    cinema oNNae pOdhumunga

ada pagal ellaam ozhaichcheenga
    iravellaam sirichcheenga

India/TN without CINEMA --- can't imagine
    Govt may get benefitted with TASMAC SALES even getting higher..........
    Last edited by ManiVijay; 8th November 2014 at 12:25 PM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    okay.. 1 last short try..

aana adha nyayapaduthathinga !!!
    hmm..
    nan idhai nyayamnu sollalai... guilty feeling varra alavukku onnum avlo periya thappu illainu'than solren..

podhum.. idhukku reply panna periya post podavendi irukkum...
    neyar viruppam irundha sollunga.. post panren.. namma post ellam puratchi kalaignar court scene madhiri than irukkum...

hope everyone accepts that "naama" includes me, you, all those who read these, everyone out of this hub..
    thats my point..
    i stress this because when someone reads last 2 pages will think few are wrong doers & majority are against that..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Though it is not correct, our generation (40+) have a feeling that we have already paid our dues (if not more) up till 2000.
    Before internet & VCD piracy days (upto mid 90s') none of the theatres in our area (Tuticorin) will sell tickets for face value. I used to watch almost 70% of the movies in theatres (when there were no other avenue for entertainment) but have to pay a minimum 10 times the face value on average. They will issue a ticket that has a face value of Rs. 3.20 but we have to pay Rs 30/ for regular & Rs 50/ for balcony (face value 4.50). This is not even for big star movies. You have to pay this much even to watch Ramki-Nirosha pairing in silver screen. For big star movies it would double this.

Even now I like to watch big star movies in theatre expecially Rajini & Kamal. Offcourse I watch selectively Ajith, Vijay, Surya movies also in theatres on release weekends here in US, but every other movie only after a good print is available online.

I am no way trying to justify any of these, but thats the thought process.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Megha

Salim

Poriyalan

The above 3 movies are certainly a decent movies and somewhat not clicked in the box office except Salim.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oru oorla Rendu Raja and Jai Hind 2 ----

The central plot of both and 1 or 2 important scenes as well have similarity to Kaththi. Like in Kaththi the antagonists in both these films are businessmen. Jai Hind 2 had a few noteworthy action sequences with Arjun at his agile best. The good thing about OORR was Imman's songs. Apart from these both films tested my patience.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your username is truly befitting.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

9. Likes uruzalari liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    7th sense in TV, a very good and exceptional plot let down by some bad screenplay, ARM probably got complacent after getting a novel theme. I believe had they not overused the hypnotic skills of the villain and Shruthi ya Chinese govt eh kuri vaikkara mathiri build up kaatama irunthiruntha it would have been a very good movie. Ancient beliefs, Tamil culture pathi lam some pullaripps scene were there
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jai Hind 2

The message of the movie is good, make it possible to all kids to have same opportunities to study in india.

Seen the movie had to nod to previous review about the movie. There are some similarities between Kaththi and Jai Hind 2. Both movies had sentimental scenes that made you support the poor people and their struggles. Both movies gave less importance to heroines. Just to add more salt to the wound there are two heroines. I dont get the 2 heroine sentiment with Arjun, he had 2 heroines in most of his directional ventures. In Jai hind comedy was great and made you laugh, in Jai Hind 2, it makes you tear down the stuffing in the couch. Actionwise there are very few to match his skills, action king's fight scenes are super. Rahul Dev surprises in the movie. This is a movie made with good intentions but only executed half good.

Arjun Janya is one of my fav MDs in Kannada, but he dissapoints a lot in the movie. He has overused the dubstep genre, Skrillex said "dude chill with dubstep and try some other styles too".

Jai Hind 2 is 1/3 Kaththi, 1/3 Gentleman, 1/3 mish mash.
    God bless all

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Nerungi Vaa Muthamidathe

Tour of Characters

Its rare, rather quite exceptional, to see a woman director coming up with a film. I am always on the look out for their ventures to see their alternate understanding and the importance they give to the craft. Soundarya Ashwin did an excellent job by introducing a new technology in feature films to our industry through her debut film Kochadaiyaan. Anjana Ali Khan's ‘Veppam’ had realism, romance and rowdyism in the right mix. Aishwarya Dhanush did a tremendous job in jotting a couple's life between their teenage to adulthood in her film “3”. Sri Priya, eventhough a remake, ‘Malani’ was indeed an attempt worth mentioning, just for the theme it handled. And I sincerely hope JS Nandhini gets in term with the production house and get started with her project "Kolai Nokku Paarvai"; the title itself is quite outstanding.

Good signs are ahead for female creative heads, with the motivations aptly given by Lakshmy Ramakrishnan, who has sucessfully released her 2nd film Nerungi Vaa Muthamidathe (English : Kiss me if you can ... !).

Nerungi Vaa Muthamidathe is a Social Drama disguised as a Road Film, which makes the coupling quite compelling. It has its share of suspense and sentiments that draws your attention completely. Add in the apt music score by Medley Blues, the film swiftly changes tracks from mystery to romance to action. With an awesome cast, each one hand picked for the character they play, the movie is engaging.

Chandru, is a sort of a 'family-rebel', who does not allow himself to integrate with his rich family but decides to drive a truck for the local politician, Kaleeshwaran. Admits the petrol crisis hitting the nation hard, Chandru accepts to deliver some important goods, accepting it as a challenge in such a situation where danger is written all over. On the way to his destination, he meets certain people, mingling with them opens up an avenue of new thoughts that he starts to question the intentions of Kaleeshwaran. And to his awesome surprise, he realises being tricked, and now its payback time.

Each movie has a particular scene that starts growing in you and when its at the very beginning, your interest grows as the movie unfolds. One such scene that comes early in the film which assured me that I am going to watch a nice movie is the way AL Azhagappan is shown adjesant to a "laughing" budha idol. This particular scene explains a lot by itself - the business he is running and how he is minting money - apart from his striking resemblance with the idol itself. Numerous such scenes are there in this film, which crisply advance the film, registering all the minute details clearly. Cinematographer Vinod Bharathi has danced quite elegantly to the rhythm of the director.

Lakshmy Ramakrishnan's earlier film 'Aarohanam' was a neat attempt (if you agree to overlook the "Aunties-Meeting-Climax"), and she had provided an in-depth vision over a secret disorder that is often overlooked. Mixing it with suspense was top notch. She tries something similar here too, loading here 2nd film with loads of mystery. Each character is mysterious until their back story unfolds. The believable flash backs, mostly narrated through songs or efficient dialogues and silences, paints the needed colour to the story. The assembly of the story was neatly done, where all the bits and pieces are put together with an effective editing by Sabu Joseph.

The major point – ‘I am still thinking, how wonderful it would have been if …’ - are the elaboration of the characters. They were established at the right time at the right moments, but they don't quite stick. They move about like puppets, with whom getting connected is quite impossible. Tightening them or taking much time to talk more about them would have been more intriguing. For eg., the runaway couple's story was well narrated, but lacks the emotion in the end. Similarly Pia's back story, quite riveting, gets diluted somewhere on the road. Moreover, we don't get to know Shabeer at all. The underlining point is that awesome characters, but quite overlooked while talking about them.

Nerungi Vaa Muthamidathe is not an bold attempt as I would have excepted from a female director nor it's something that’s unique. But making a regular film in such a way is a beauty that speaks for itself and the film got its needed shine from the woman director Lakshmy Ramakrishnan. Hats off.

Nerungi Vaa Muthamidathe - Right turn, wrong gear.

Film : Nerungi Vaa Muthamidathe
    Released Date : 31st day of October 2014
    Runtime : 2 hours (approx)
    Written and Directed by Lakshmy Ramakrishnan
    Starring : Shabeer, Pia, 'Thambi' Ramaiah, A. L. Azhagappan, Lakshmy Ramakrishnan, Ambika & Others
    Music : Medley Blues
    Cinematography : Vinod Bharathi
    Edited : Sabu Joseph
    Production & Distribution Banner : AVA Productions [A.V.Anoop]
    Last edited by mappi; 10th November 2014 at 11:22 PM. Reason: spell check-o-check
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India