Page 316 of 400 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oru Oorla renda Raja - poyaa.

Remake kannan fails with original script, that is a big blow. His last remake failed too.

Oru padatha overaa promote panninaa padam mokkai endru arthamo?
    God bless all

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rachel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    watched 'jigarthanda' yesterday after reading illaya thalapathy's twitter chat the other day.
    enjoyed it...
    +plus
    it was different from the usual love, romance or revenge stories.
    great acting by siddarth and actor simha.
    the last time i saw siddharth he was singing 'egiri kudhiththaen vaanam idithadhu
    paadhangal irandhum paravaiyaanadhu' and still he looked the same.
    and he was only the pretty face among those ugly looking gangsters in the film.

laxmi menon came in just for a few minutes but she never failed to impress me...thumbs up for that..

so many twists and turns..
    the thing i'm most surprised was that the film started out as a gangster film and in the 2 nd part it turned into a comedy film.

minus
    felt a bit lengthy
    the main villain and his men didn't get the punishment for their crimes.
    i thought siddharth should have shot him dead or simha should have died in police encounter as shown in the movie...
    and i didn't like them using 'A.kumar" as the film title.

4. Likes Nasc liked this post
    Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    watched 'jigarthanda' yesterday
    "felt a bit lengthy"
    Many films do that. Basically it happens when the movie shifts from a genre to another. It happens to me often during the "romance episodes" where I can notice myself seeing elsewhere than the screen. Its natural to feel that way, rather than abruptly stating someone's work to be trimmed by approx. 10 minutes - that would have been funny. I appreciate your choice of words.

"the main villain and his men didn't get the punishment for their crimes."
    The movie is not about crime & punishment, so its normal to see the alternate ending. Moreover it assosiates itself with the reality as though the crimes still continue. Otherway put, their crime never was caught to be punished.

"i thought siddharth should have shot him dead or simha should have died in police encounter as shown in the movie"
    Again, the basic knot is not revenge or good vs evil, eventhough it touches a bit survival & instincts. The climax is a show on the phase character. I am sure you would have noted - the "thappan kuthu" magically turns into "Applauds" and au milleu is Simha. This brief moment allows you to narrate the whole story once again and make the right connections, which should obviously lead you to the gunpoint climax.

"and i didn't like them using 'A.kumar" as the film title."
    No comments.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like

Jaihind 2

A old-schooler's delight

If you accept that Arjun is finding it hard to cope up with modern cinema and watch his new film Jaihind2, you are sure for a great ride. As a director, Arjun has tired a narration quite similar to Vanam (I am sure most of you are well versed in Foreign films and other language films, so I leave it to you to capt the source of this idea). He takes 5 characters and threads them together with another single character. He then conveniently uses each character at his will to narrate his story, keeping couple of them for some thrilling action blocks. Then he webs them together to prove his point which is already made.

Abhimanyu, a Karate teacher, draws the attention of the nation with his idea to nationalise the education system. Ofcoarse that does not go well with the concerned bureau of private school front runners, who obviously plot to eliminate Abhimanyu. Thus the cause is known, we get to see the effect of touching a man named Abhimanyu.

Action thrills follows the movie at regular intervals which are quite well choreographed and presented by Arjun & Team. Arjun is one amoung the rare film makers who still assosiate scenes - for eg. the villan & the court hearing was top notch. Similarly, the whole jail sequence was interesting, how jumbled the presentation was, but still quite neat. BGM works as a church bell, indicating its presence then and there. Camera works were gladly used to potray different stunt sequences uniquely. And editing mounts the needed curiosity.

The performence is what takes the film so close to being under a grade. Eventhough few artists try to convey something, the over streched scenes of an already known fact breaks their skills in the middle. Arjun uses his usual trade mark expressions and dialogue deliveries which is good to watch. Apart from that, none take care of anything that could have potentially upgraded the film.

The twitter/facebook generation has nothing to do with this movie, as neither this movie has any names that they know nor their one liners include the struggle of a film maker to potray a character in different angles in the same scene. Thus they may settle down to make fun of this movie, one thing they are very good at these days. The film will also not attract any "package" based website/tube rewiewers too. But for a person who has a taste for films, has seen quite a variety of them, and moreover knows who Arjun is, Jaihind 2 is sure to garnish their interest. Arjun takes enough care to keep you engaged throughout its runtime.

Jaihind 2 - Hail Polish

Film : Jaihind 2
    Released Date : 7th day of November 2014
    Runtime : 2 hours 30 mins (approx)
    Written and Directed by Arjun (Dialogues by G. K. Gopinath)
    Starring : Arjun & Team
    Music : Arjun Janya
    Cinematography : HC Venugopal
    Edited : Kay Kay
    Production & Distribution Banner : Sri Ram Films Internationals [Arjun]
    Last edited by mappi; 11th November 2014 at 07:39 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rachel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    "felt a bit lengthy"
    Many films do that. Basically it happens when the movie shifts from a genre to another. It happens to me often during the "romance episodes" where I can notice myself seeing elsewhere than the screen. Its natural to feel that way, rather than abruptly stating someone's work to be trimmed by approx. 10 minutes - that would have been funny. I appreciate your choice of words.

"the main villain and his men didn't get the punishment for their crimes."
    The movie is not about crime & punishment, so its normal to see the alternate ending. Moreover it assosiates itself with the reality as though the crimes still continue. Otherway put, their crime never was caught to be punished.

"i thought siddharth should have shot him dead or simha should have died in police encounter as shown in the movie"
    Again, the basic knot is not revenge or good vs evil, eventhough it touches a bit survival & instincts. The climax is a show on the phase character. I am sure you would have noted - the "thappan kuthu" magically turns into "Applauds" and au milleu is Simha. This brief moment allows you to narrate the whole story once again and make the right connections, which should obviously lead you to the gunpoint climax.

"and i didn't like them using 'A.kumar" as the film title."
    No comments.
    i agree with some of your comments ....

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thirudan Police - Neat entertainer. Routine revenge story but with an unexpected treatment involving humour.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sathurangga vettai

therimass!! padam alla paadam..i give 1 rank for this film..

hats off to the team n nattu's unblievable performence..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sathuranga vettai - surprisingly good.

All credit to H. Vinoth for making making a movie that KO you. debutant movie directors in tamil cinema have guts to make different attempts, and thankfully some producers are willing to invest money in such kind of movies. This is the kind of movie that makes Kollywood look better than Mollywood, Tollywood, Bollywood. I am eagerly looking forward to H. Vinoths next movie.
    God bless all

11. Likes A.ANAND liked this post
    Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Appuchi Gramam - Nice effort. Sci fi is actually the backdrop and the film focuses more on the characters in the village.

Post Thanks / Like

Thirudan Police

A perfect morality tale.

Good vs Evil is the ground where many film makers starts their parade. Caarthick Raju (another Karthik in the camp with a capital 'c') enters the same ground, but with a different foot wear. He marches plotting a story with a cop background but explores an individual distinguishing the self within himself. The war he wages is on the morality grounds, where he digs open the good inside himself.

Vishwa, a youth, who does not need an introduction, but I will say it anyway - a jobless young man who gets fired by his dad, like a doctor's prescribed medicine 'morning-midday-and-night' and who has a mom who is quite keen in firing mustards than correcting the attitude of her son. Singaram, the father, is a Police Head Constable (HPC) who not only fails to convince his son, but his death shatters his own dreams of seeing Vishwa as a high grade Police Officer. The demise of Singaram, opens a new door for Vishwa where he walks in as the new HPC. Glad to get an attractive posting, soon Vishwa realises that its nothing but a petty job masked inside a valued profile. He, then, realises the efforts and pain of his father's long carrier, and decides to compensate it by bringing the culprit responsible for his father's death before justice. But what shocks him is not the murder crime, but the conspiracy behind it. Vishwa is now all by himself to root out the sinners.

Dinesh, as a convincing Vishwa, puts out a tremendous performance. He weeps, laughs, romances etc.,etc., just within passing seconds. Esp. after the pre-interval song, he just communicates with his wide open eyes, where moments before he was weeping. Lots and lots of such fabulous performances by Dinesh is scattered throughout the movie. Bala Saravanan supports him quite well, but is a bit mono-toned. Can be labeled 'City-Soori', but his spontaneous replies makes every scene realistic. Rajendran continues his 'menacing-comedy' works in this film too. He is just awesome. Pairing equally with him is John Vijay. I have already mentioned it, mentioning it again, you are too good man. Wish to see you in more films. The funniest scene is when Bala addresses to John and says "Irandam Ullagam Anushka mariya irruke". Iyshwarya Rajesh is nice, reminded me of my favourite Nandita. The 3 major artists - Rajesh, Naren & Muthuraman - give abundance in their supporting roles.

My favourite song "Moodupanikkul" was excellent. I would say the whole movie was a bit experimental, where YSR seems to be involved in suspense BGM during serious situation, where the scenes were made to provoke laughter. Quite cunning in their attempt and both YSR & Caarthick have emerged successful. The romance was kept under check and YSR used the best of it. Vijay Sethupathy dances for a song “Thala-Deepawali” style and we get to see Arul Doss too.

Cinematography by Siddharth was plesant and clear. The whole setup was live, be it a tea shop corner or residential area, all details have been well captured. Dialogues were superb. Actually, what makes it interesting is that the person who speaks, sometimes is not in the visual plan, but we hear his voice. That adds the needed provocations to giggle.

Hats off to SPB Charan, for giving yet another opportunity and for identifing a talent like Caarthick Raju. Caarthick Raju shines a lot as a director. The best was how he makes a spoof of his own preachy tale. He puts the audience in the place of the listener, and exactly make them her what they would say as a reply. At the same time, he uses Vishwa to extend his agonies of missing his father. Even towards the end, the speech by Naren, is comically interpreted by John Vijay "Pesiya Koldranungo". So he does a dual job at the same moment, which I suppose will be the main aspect for the success of this film. Moreover, he ended the movie quite crisply without dragging it too much. Plus he creates the needed ambience during the end credits. Hats off Caarthick.

Aptly titled, Thirudan Police, coolly picks up its place in the tiny line of trend setters.

Thirudan Police - Son Father

Film : Thirudan Police
    Released Date : 14th day of November 2014
    Runtime : 2 hours 15 mins (approx)
    Written and Directed by Caarthick Raju
    Starring : Dinesh, Iyshwarya, Rajesh, Bala Saravanan, Rajendran, John Vijay, Naren, Muthuraman & Others
    Music : YSR
    Cinematography : Siddarth
    Edited : Praveen & Srikant
    Production & Distribution Banner : [SPB Charan] Capital Film Works & Kenanya Films
    Last edited by mappi; 17th November 2014 at 12:22 AM.

14. Likes uruzalari liked this post