Page 358 of 400 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Mundasupatti is debut movie of Intru netru Naalai director.
    Mundasupatti first came as short film.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    I think Mundasupatti is debut movie of Intru netru Naalai director.
    Mundasupatti first came as short film.
    No. They are different. Both films were debuts.

Mundasupatti - Ram
    Intru netru Naalai - Ravikumar

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indru Netru Naalai - Good one. Director used his short movie story with different concept (time travelling). Could have easily lost the plot if director concentrated only on time travelling concept but he did not and thats what got him the success. Predictable screenplay but always engaging.

Vishnu, Karuna and karthik have done a neat job. BGM from HipHop Tamizha was apt for the movie.

C.V Kumar for his consistency.

Not a Kakka Muttai type one but must watch entertainer.

Myshkin Sir, Padathula song illaenu yaarum complain pannala sir. Olunga eduthingana dialogu-ae illaena kooda nallrukunu sollura kootam Sir namma kootam.
    Last edited by VinodKumar's; 28th June 2015 at 07:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Inimae Ippdithaan - Rightu vidu !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Kakka Muttai - Chinna Kakka Muttai super !!!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indru Netru Naala i - time matters

Definately a movie worth watching. Vishnu made wise choices in his career opting for movies with different subjects. He knows clearly the story is the hero and doesnt try to become larger than life character. Mia George, I am not impressed with her looks, but acting is okay. Another character that stole limelight besides Vishal, Karunakaran is TM Karthik the scientist. A familiar nutty scientist type, who I feel director could have used more in the movie.

Where the movie becomes too clicheed is the Villain. A mad brainy Villain who ends up making the movie too cinematic. We are back at the good vs bad guy type of movie in 2nd half.

Another minus are the songs. I am dissapointed the nextgen directors doesnt dare to go away from songs in a movie. Aadhi's BGM was good, surprised me a lot, only his 2nd movie.

Mr Ravikumar can be proud for making a movie in tamil which deals with timetravel. This has to be best movie in summer so far, but the summer has just begun. Kollywood is certainly going places if more directors like him get chances in tamilcinema. I dont want 80yish, 90yish or 00yish type of movies, my request is make movies that gels with current type of moviegoers taste.
    God bless all

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicomeat View Post
    Samsara
    Placed an order for Blu-Ray Disc Version. Thanks for the recomendation. In the promo clip you see a Thailand beauty doing the Dance of Thousand Hands. Its a wonderful dance representing Thousand-Hand Guan Shi Yin [Guan = observe, Shi = world, Yin = sound]. Thus Guan Shi gets the name 'The Goddess of Mercy', as she sees over you, listens and responds to your call.

The interesting aspect of this legend or relegious belief in Buddhism (including in China & Tibet) comes from Buddha himself. In Bodhisattva (wisdom over the world), this form is known (in sanskrit) as Avalokitesvara. Closely connected to Saivism (no relegious talks, if you are interested, there are fabulous materials available, and don't forget to get the glimpse of the pictures of Thousand Hand Buddha), Avalokitesvara is the form of Buddha who vowed not to rest until he attained Samsara. He became so cautious to the sufferings of the human kind (mind), so starts to enlarge himself and with the help of Amitabha (the celestial Budhha) he gets more eyes, heads & hands. Now he's got 1000 ways to reach the struggling man.

Year 2013, I visited an Asian Art exhibition at the Guimet Museum Paris. It was one of my memorable visits, where the expositions included arts/sculpture from India, China, Japan, Tibet & Thailand. Watched in marvel those ancient structures standing strong and tall even after about 2K years. Back to the subject, I had a chance to see the 800 year old Chinese representation of the Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara. Below is the photo :

(Also witnessed several other representations of the same seperated by several years, culture & dynasty.)

Eagerly waiting to see Samsara on Blu-Ray.
    Last edited by mappi; 29th June 2015 at 02:56 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am now watching Baraka, samsara's predecessor.

இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    after you finish watching samsara, tell me which scene left it's mark on you.

for me it was the tiredness in the eye of the women working in the electronics factory.
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have ordered the double disc 2014 edition (ASIN: B009D509QI). Samsara & Baraka directed by Ron Fricke.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India