Page 366 of 400 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Bajrangi Bhaijaan - Loved a Salman film after a long time. Had the right mixture of humour and sentiments. The story is written by SS Rajamouli's father Vijayendra Prasad. Looks like their whole family is having a blast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maari

Not many dull moments. Definitely worth a watch. Robo Shankar as Dhanush's side kick is a huge plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indru Netru Naalai - Excellent movie with an intelligent screenplay, appropriate actors and good humour. Especially, I liked the performances of both puli and parthasarathy. The music was a great match to the movie's tone. I think what works for the movie is the application of time travel concept to a simple plot.

The concept of time travel raises few questions. Vishnu and Karunakaran is aware of the fact that because of the disturbance to the past events, the future is recreated but what about others? For example, Using the device, they are able to seize the stolen jewels from the thiefs and return it back to the owners. In the mean time, what if the thiefs have sold the jewels? Will the jewels disappear magically? As per the standard event, the police who killed kozhandai would be alive in the present but since the events were again disturbed, the police man is no more. So, in the present, will the police man would get vanished off suddenly? what would his family members think of it?

Puli and vishnu forget the past events and so no confusion in their life but what about others such as vishnu's girl friend and her family. Will they experience two realities?
    Last edited by easygoer; 19th July 2015 at 10:06 PM.
    Know something about everything and go deeper in one thing

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    yagavarayinum naa kaakka: Good plot spoiled by directors obsession to create a commercial potboiler with cliches through out the movie. The 15 - 20 minutes block after intermission is the only high point of the movie. This 15 - 20 mts session is completely realistic with great intensity. Rest of the movie is just an average watch.

If director has given a different treatment to this plot with no commercial elements thrown into it, the movie would have been terrific...
    Last edited by easygoer; 19th July 2015 at 10:01 PM.
    Know something about everything and go deeper in one thing

Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easygoer View Post
    yagavarayinum naa kaakka: Good plot spoiled by directors obsession to create a commercial potboiler with cliches through out the movie. The 15 - 20 minutes block after intermission is the only high point of the movie. This 15 - 20 mts session is completely realistic with great intensity. Rest of the movie is just an average watch.

If director has given a different treatment to this plot with no commercial elements thrown into it, the movie would have been terrific...
    +1....
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bahubali Bahubali Bahubali Bahubali ...

Oru period film na soolchi, por, ilavarasan/ilavarasi kaadhal idhellam thaana irrukum ...Idhula vera enna content/story yedhirpaarthanganu therla ...

Chinna vayasula Siruvar Malar la vandha Chithira kadahigal la padicha sila visayangala visula la kondu vandha Rajamouli ku .

Liked it. Pakka entertainer. Magizhmadhi was fantastically created. War scenes were very good.

Prabhas as Bahubali . It's a cake walk role for Ramya Krishnan.
    Kattapa - Alavudhin boodham maariyae irundhaapla . Tammana was a bad choice. Moonjila kovamae vara maatingudhu.

Indha ice skating, item song, Tamanna kooda duet lam avoid pannitu second partayum idhukullayae vachirundha innum super ah irundhurukkum.

Siruvar Malar chithira kadhai la thodarum nu vandha udanae adutha Friday ku wait pannuna maari ippo I am waiting for second part.

8. Likes balaajee liked this post
    Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maari - hated the movie.

positives:
    1. robo shankar and the first half had some funny scenes
    2. thara local was picturised well

negatives:
    1. everything else - where do i start. vijay jesudas was a complete misfit and he has no talents what so ever. it was as unfitting as watching a sambhar like gemini ganesan in a don role.

2. anirudh - he sings all his songs and now he is showing his ugly face in all movies. imagine what more he would have done if he were good looking.

3. direction - director tried to emulate aadukalam. like how the mediocre director saran used to force some setting into the movie (like mla hostel in jay-jay, bus in parthein rasithein, mess in kadhal mannan etc) the director tried to use pigeons and failed miserably.

4. unnecessary buildup - when i watch movies like "thirumalai, billa, thirupachi, sivakasi, attagasam, osthi" etc.... i usually feel very irritated with the unnecessary build up for the heroes. i hated all of the above movies. maari was no exception. given that most of the movies i have listed here were superhits, i think maari will become a hit as well.

thank god, in the end they didn't say that maari was an IPS officer in disguise.
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

10. Likes A.ANAND, balaajee liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicomeat View Post
    Maari - hated the movie.

positives:
    1. robo shankar and the first half had some funny scenes
    2. thara local was picturised well

negatives:
    1. everything else - where do i start. vijay jesudas was a complete misfit and he has no talents what so ever. it was as unfitting as watching a sambhar like gemini ganesan in a don role.

2. anirudh - he sings all his songs and now he is showing his ugly face in all movies. imagine what more he would have done if he were good looking.

3. direction - director tried to emulate aadukalam. like how the mediocre director saran used to force some setting into the movie (like mla hostel in jay-jay, bus in parthein rasithein, mess in kadhal mannan etc) the director tried to use pigeons and failed miserably.

4. unnecessary buildup - when i watch movies like "thirumalai, billa, thirupachi, sivakasi, attagasam, osthi" etc.... i usually feel very irritated with the unnecessary build up for the heroes. i hated all of the above movies. maari was no exception. given that most of the movies i have listed here were superhits, i think maari will become a hit as well.

thank god, in the end they didn't say that maari was an IPS officer in disguise.
    Totally agree..superb sir..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anirudh ugly.. i think hes the best looking md around

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    Anirudh ugly.. i think hes the best looking md around
    +1
    and the only MD with a decent singing voice, other than GVP.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!