kudos goodsense ... u do make sense ... u ve brought out a fact which keeps lingering in many ppl s minds !

I assume u had been to some villages, probably ur grand parent's place !

I would like to re-iterate this by pointing out some probs which even village girls face ! Nowadays, villages too are getting affected coz of media ! they watch all funny things shown in different channels ... earlier this was the only stuff which kept them a little away from absurd things ! but now everything is at their doorstep !

The only good thing now(which may change in the future) is that the girls in villages are mature enough to think which might suit them ... what other girls in the city think is "Let me try it on me, i may look good this way .... " (am just generalizing the feel) Experimenting is what they are into - the city type !

But village girls knew they are in a very closely monitored environment, whatever happens, whatever mistake they do...will easily be visible throughout the village ... faster than CNN or BBC ! believe me ! so they are careful in doin things ...they just dont experiment .. coz they are in a closed watched circuit !