Thread: Endrendrum Thalaivar Superstar Rajinikanth - News & Updates

Hybrid View

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baba - Mark of Maya

To him who is high-minded,
    These teachings will be illuminating.
    - Shvetashvatara Upanishad

Maya is that which is not. It does not exist and never has existed. In the ego mind, Maya acts as an instrument by hiding the Truth.

According to Saint Kabir Das, the mystical poet of the fifteenth century, the Truth he experienced is:

In that state there is no air or water,
    no creation or creator,
    no bud or flower,
    no fetus or semen,
    no education or Vedas,
    no word or taste;
    no body or settlement,
    no earth, air or space;
    no guru or disciple,
    and no easy or difficult path.

Maya actually gives forms to everything that hides the Truth. It operates using two power sources; one, to viel the mind; two, to project what it wants to see. While veiling happens to the Atma, the projection is made to the Jivaa; thus, manipulating the sensory data - eye, ear, nose, tongue, body and mental consciousness. Maya halts the Self to get its consciousness upgraded and stops it from achieving the deluded awareness. Maya interferes in the promotion of the mind to Eighth Consciousness, the highest state of awareness.

Atma, the soul and Jivaa, the life stream, must be in united state. When asked about God to Sai Baba of Shirdi, the Spiritual Master spoke:

You need not try to bring God and man together, they are already together naturally - Jivaa Atma. But what makes them separate is the ego, the false 'I' form of Maya.

Naradha, the eternal form of consciousness, spoke to Lord Krishna, "I have wandered from Heaven to Earth. I have gathered all knowledge. But my Lord, what is Maya?"

Lord Krishna knew that Naradha is a True Being. His question was True, as he has experienced only Truth. The Lord hesitated, as to understand Maya is to understand an entire life - the cycle of birth & death. Seeing the thoughtful Master, Naradha asked, "Can you enlighten me by breaking the secret of this magic called Maya."

Keeping the devotion of Naradha in his mind, the Lord smiled and said, "Yes. Let us rest in the shade, and I shall apprise about Maya."

Naradha silently sat before Lord Krishna waiting for his Master to shine down wisdom about Maya on him. They were in the middle of a field under the shades of a tree. In the single beat of his eyes, Naradha heard the Lord breaking his silence, "Naradha, I am thirsty. Can you fetch me a glass of cold water please?"

Naradha immediately got up and walked into the fields in search of water - the task given to him by his Master. After getting away from the correct path, Naradha turned in circles of confusion under the scorching sun. The heat was too much for him to bear, and a single thought gathered in his mind as sweat moisted his body, "Let me ask for two glasses of water. One for the Master, and with the second I shall quench my thrist."

As soon as his mind was veiled by the thought, Naradha saw a hut at a distance.

A beautiful young lady responded to the knocks of Naradha and opened the door. Naradha became speechless when he saw her smiling at him. Completely engulfed by her charm, Naradha could only ask for her name.

"Maya", she replied.

Seeing Maya, his mind forgot his task and his body's need for thirst vanished.

"You are so beautiful", Naradha did not hide the truth from her and proposed her, "Will you marry me?"

The couple settled in the same house. Naradha happily told his wife, "Being a husband is the best thing that can happen in life."

After few years, they had children. Naradha happily told his wife, "Being a father is the best thing that can happen in life."

Naradha worked hard for his family in the fields. His only aim was to take care of his wife and children, and for that he was ready to sacrifice anything. His family became his life. Naradha happily told his wife, "To have a family is the best thing in life."

Years passed. His children grew up, settled in thier own life and had thier kids. Naradha grew older and happily told his wife, "Being the grandfather is the best thing that can happen in life."

At that moment, a flood hit the area drowning his fields and immersing his house in water. His cattle were washed away in the strong current. He lost all that he had earned his whole life. The flood did not stop but kept on growing violent. At a point, Naradha became helpless and could only watch his children, grandchildren, his beloved wife - his entire family - being swept away in the flood. Unable to stand the horror, Naradha, after many years, finally yelled, "Krishna! Krishna! Save my family, take me instead."

Naradha opened his eyes that tasted the cool breeze. He was sitting under the shade of a tree empty handed and before him was Lord Krishna looking at the fields. The single beat of his eye seemed as though years had passed.

The Master turned and smiled gently at him and asked softly, "Naradha, where is my glass of water?"

Last edited by mappi; 12th November 2017 at 02:29 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement