Thread: Endrendrum Thalaivar Superstar Rajinikanth - News & Updates

Threaded View

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    2.O - Agnate Siblings

The Garuda Origins is illustrated in the epic Mahabharata - Ch 14-35: Adi Parva & Astika Parva. There are several branch stories in the Garuda Origins which are all quite interesting. The Garuda episode is the most action packed in the epic marvel with all elements including fantasy and sci-fi, notably the defence mechanism protecting Amirtha. If its Hanuman in Ramayana, then, its Garuda in Mahabharatha. The Garuda Fight with the Nagas and flying away with Amirtha is presented as a rock carving in Garuda Wisnu Kencana Park, Bali - Indonesia.

So, how does all this connect with the film 2.O. The characters Chitti and 'Birdman' are agnate siblings born to the same father - Technology.

Enthiran (2010) is about creation where Vasegaran creates Chitti-the robot. Chitti designs himself later with the ability to create clones of himself. The 'Thousand Clones' have the equal power and energy as Chitti. In 2.O, Birdman is born with the collective force and energy of mobile phones.

Garuda against thousand serpents is what is the Monster Bird versus Thousand Chittis.

Apart from many wonderful aspects to be noted from the trailer, there are two fabulous features that stand out:

1/ Bringing the entire idea forefront through visuals is tremendous. Two super-powers born out of the same energy, yet unidentical. One has the power to convert its source into force, and the other, Chitti-the robot, who deploys his electrical power to create its own source. Chitti v1 fails. He is too naive to understand that he is unlimited. He becomes more Human and thinks Human - a clone of his Father Vasegaran. The Birdman continues his rampage mode gaining enormous capacity and durability from the millions of mobile phones he draws to power himself up. Projecting all these complicated elements and presenting it as a layman’s version is impeccable. Hats off to Shankar and his team. Even the Red and Blue symbols for Chitti Superhero Suit is simple - a capital C and electricity symbol loaded inside the curve (Chitti gains his power from electricity).

2/ The entire shot design is perfected to fit the 3D version. There is always an element that out pours itself from the screen. All the mobile phone flying up and hitting the screen, the Gaint bird approaching towards the audience, bullets spitting out of a thousand barrel gun and raining over the white canvas, the Birdman's wings caressing the faces of the viewers, so on so forth; everything punctuates to the effect that it shall provide to the larger experience while watching the film in 3D. Hats to all technicians involved, notably the cinematographer Nirav Shah, the special effects team and Rasul Pookutty for retaining the experience through optimal real time sounds. The makeup effects and the CGI surrounding Akshay Kumar's Birdman appearance is mind blowing. And ARR, the spiritual Music Master blazes his horns and rolls the drum while the violins shiver to agitate a sensitive feeling among the audience.

The first 3D film I saw (when I was a kid) was My Dear Kutti Sathan at AVM Rajeswari. I still remember rolling out my tongue to lick the cone ice cream that came just out of the screen and danced in front of me. When I see the 2D trailer, I am excited to imagine how great the 3D version would be.

I am fussy about DI, and that’s my problem which certainly does not impact the grandeur of 2.O. I am a kind of old school when it comes to colouring and effects, so no whining about it. I also felt that there is a lot of reverse motion effects thrown in. Too early to talk about it (and of course it’s too technical, so who cares anyway).

A motion picture should be viewed while it’s in motion. Pausing and finding errors in the frozen frame of the mammoth work accomplished by experienced minds points to the roadway to ignorance. While the picture is moving it is extravagant. And If anyone wondering why the visuals are bright - the digital processing is done to be viewed using dark 3D glasses. So, the normal version does look glossy, which truly makes me feel that the 3D version is going to set the screens on fire.

It needs a Greater Evil to defeat a Giant Evil.

2.O Trailer - Spectacles of Spectacle
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement