Punnagai Mannan (1986)
*ing KamalHassan, Rekha, Revathi, SriVidya

The movie starts out with two lovers (Kamal and Rekha) running away from their homes, Rekha leaves a letter behind for her parents. There is a beautiful song, Ethetho Ennam..., then the lovers commit suicide. However, things don't work out as planned because only Rekha is killed. Kamal Hassam hangs on by a twig. Then the police and everyone come to clear the scene
Enters the second Kamal Hassan who is a stand-up comedian and the uncle of the first Kamal. His match is SriVidya.
So moving on, the lover Kamal goes back to visit some cliffs and sees a young girl (Revathi) about to commit suicide. He converses with her and finds out that failing an exam was what drove her to do this. He convinces her to think stop.
The lover Kamal also runs a dance school and Revathi decides to join. Kamal first takes it easy but then realizes how serious Revathi is. In the meantime, Revathi manages to learn the truth about the lovers through the comedian Kamal. After some tribulations, the lover Kamal decides to move on and falls in love with Revathi. However, Rekha's family still has not gotten over their hatred for the lover Kamal, so right after Kamal and Revathi get married, they place a bomb in his car, which unfortunately the newly weds take. Along the way the car blows up and they die. The ending scene was heartbreaking, when the comedian Kamal carves Revathi into the rock where there were already carvings from Rekha and Kamal from before.
This is a movie which will always live on in my heart. I saw the version where the newlyweds die, but I heard there is a second version out there which I want to see.