rajraj,
Thanks. Google search gave some references. I will just mention one below which may be useful to others.
Swarup

From
http://www.sruti.com/aprjun01/junbkslf.htm
ANNAMACHARYA SANKEERTANAMRITAMU. By Samudrala Lakshmanayya. [Available from Smt. Velugoti Anjanamma, 18-1-84 Kapila Theertham Road, Tirupati, 517 507. Rs. 60].

This is a reprint of two volumes brought out by TTD years ago and out of print since long. The author's credentials, educational and experience, are distinguished but not unique; there are many such scholars. But this man is unique in one way. His ability to spot a philosophic axiom, to trace it to the original, find parallels, and explain all these to the laity, is astounding. And admirable.

He takes 150 songs of Annamayya, all of the adhyatma variety, gives the complete text, the meanings of difficult words, and adds a commentary that makes the most obscure pinnacle of Annamayya's thought accessible and understandable.

True, most of Annamayya's songs are in the sringara (erotic) mode. Earlier, with a dancer's penchant, I'd have said presumptously that no justice can be done to Annamayya's literature if his sringara creations are not taken into account. I won't say that after reading this book.

It is simple. Lakshmanayya's explanations of Annamayya's philosophical songs takes the reader to the realm of his sringara. His meanings of the difficult and rare words used by Annamayya 500 years ago, give the reader a visa to linger long and lovingly in the resplendent world of Tallapaka literature (which includes writings of his son and grandsons, Peda Tirumalacharya, China Tirumalacharya and Tiruvengalanatha).

To get a green card for a permanent stay, those interested should study just one song at a time and proceed to the next one only after mastering the first. To be truthful, 'mastering' any song of Annamayya is a tall order; there are meanings on the surface, beneath it, in-between the words and, by symbolic association. Lakshmanayya lights up most of these but there is a chance that there is yet another layered truth waiting to emerge in the churning.

I have in my collection at least 60 books, big and small, on Annamayya. I'd have read at least one chapter of each, with utmost concentration. I can say with total conviction that if one is familiar with the contents of this one book, all others will become redundant.

Just one small example. The word 'pamidi' was given a nonsensical explanation by Dr. Kesarla Vani, a prominent member of the Annamacharya project headed by Dr. Medasani Mohan. That it meant Garuda, Vishnu's vehicle. Samudrala Lakshmanayya has given the correct meaning, 'dominantly', and quoted another song of Annamayya, proving the correctness of his interpretation.

If you are a dancer, interested in Telugu literature, in the exposition of Vaishnavite thought, rush to get this book by sending 75 rupees by money order to the address given above and a copy will be sent by registered post.
V.A.K. RANGA RAO