Page 165 of 274 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2739

Thread: Chevalier Dr. Kamal Haasanin Mayyam - Part 9

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paranitharan View Post
    You are also one of my favourite poster but there is no need to get defensive about DM. It is a classic so is MM but MM is more adored by general public. That is the point I am trying to make. No one is saying DM is crap or Sivaji was terrible in it or anything like that. Even if you think DM is more ever green for public, that is fine but remember where the discussion started from. Someone was downplaying MM which was not right.
    Moreover, Ilayaraaja was at his BEST in mudhal mariyaadhai. Or not? Those songs will live another million years with us!
    This is a very big world!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are also one of my favourite poster but there is no need to get defensive about DM. It is a classic so is MM but MM is more adored by general public. That is the point I am trying to make. No one is saying DM is crap or Sivaji was terrible in it or anything like that. Even if you think DM is more ever green for public, that is fine but remember where the discussion started from. Someone was downplaying MM which was not right.
    Parani - both are awesome films in their own right .. If one is pitched against the other, invariably an unnecessary fan war and mud slinging is in the making. You should know better ...

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vijaytv and their poll?
    better than a random person posting on what he/she thinks is popular

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know about that but that is not the point. I think you are arguing biggest hit = ever green. Well that is not what I am saying. Like Nayagan may not be the best movie in tamil, it is widely regarded as the best movie by general public. But you and I know it is not the best movie. Likewise, baasha is not even the best movie of rajini in 90s but it has a following that is bigger than any movie released in 90s. Likewise muthal mariyathai is held in higher pedestal by general public than devar magan. Maybe Because it is a great movie and Sivaji is the main character in it.

Btw, I don't know why you need to bring basha here. The discussion was about DM and MM
    நான் புடிச்ச முயலுக்கு மூணுகால்னு பேசுறிங்க.. தேவர் மகனும் அதில்(is held in higher pedestal by general public) இடம்பெறும் என்பதை எப்படி புரிய வைப்பது இவருக்கு? 175 நாட்களுக்கும் மேலாக அரங்கு நிறைந்த காட்சிகள்..
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    First : 100%.. outside of internet, deVar magan doesn't have as much fans as muthal mariyadai..

Second : Muthal mariyathai is held in higher pedestal by general public than devar magan.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    First : 100%.. outside of internet, deVar magan doesn't have as much fans as muthal mariyadai..

Second : Muthal mariyathai is held in higher pedestal by general public than devar magan.
    Third: don't get defensive

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post

Both are quantities that cannot be measured !! To each his own .. nice one though for endless arguments and fights.

Unless we talk about concrete stuff like box office and profitability, which again is a needless exercise esp. in this context of DM and MM.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    To each his own is sappa kattu,,
    Critically, historically, commercially, Thevar Magan is remembered more..Both commerical n masala filmmakers state that film is the best of all time.. with exception of few other films like Aboorva sagodarargal, Nayakan n Indian, no other film can satisfy both aspects..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    Both are quantities that cannot be measured !! To each his own .. nice one though for endless arguments and fights.

Unless we talk about concrete stuff like box office and profitability, which again is a needless exercise esp. in this context of DM and MM.
    Not sure what's your intention here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I was clear .. we are talking about quantities that cannot be measured unlike box office or profitability. So people can believe what they want wrt. the indices mentioned. Or can continue the flame like our friend shwas.