Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mariyaan - Dhanush, Parvathi Menon ~ AR Rahman

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mariyaan - Dhanush, Parvathi Menon ~ AR Rahman

Mariyaan stars Dhanush in the lead role with Parvathi Menon and Salim Kumar, and is directed byBharat Bala. Produced by Venu Ravichandran, it music and background score is composed by A. R. Rahman and cinematography by Marc Koninckx.
    The film revolves around story of human survival, partially adapted from a real-life crisis event of Indian migrants who were taken hostage in Sudan.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    The film is based on a real-life 2008 incident involving three immigrant oil workers from India being kidnapped and held for 21 days under captivity in Darfur, Sudan. Bharat Bala has met the former hostages and obtained their stories first-hand.

The character played by Dhanush is of a simple, economically poor but physically strong guy from a very remote village in need of a job and hence, this forms the outline of the film.

The director was inspired by the 2008 French-Liberian film Johnny Mad Dog, which starred a real life group of LURD child soldiers and subsequently chose to retain them as well as the cinematographer of that film, Marc Koninckx, both to be a part of Mariyaan.

A press release of March 2013 along with a poster revealed the film's outline as "A young man is faced with adversity. Life deals him immense challenges, and forces him to struggle to thrive. But he does, nevertheless, fighting to survive by thriving on the sheer undying spirit of the human will to survive. Along his thrilling journey is a tryst with adventure, a smattering of drama and a gritty tale that shows the power of love in extreme circumstances. And that is the story of Mariyaan.

Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not able to explain why, but I am not getting any positive idea about this movie. Other than Producer, Dhanush and Rahman, all other names involved in the movie look like aliens...
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Anban's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ivangalukkellaam nativity-ye kedaiyaathu..

i mean Bharat Bala..
    Top glamorous heroines, top comedian, Oscar winning MD, commercial Director, expensive wig and other big list of commercial items irunthum thaathaa padam flop .. itha vida enna asingam venum ..

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being an ardent Fan of Dhanush since Thullavatho Ilamai days(I predicted the day I saw that movie as he is going to be a great performing star with inborn talance.I am proved correct. ) I am eagerly waiting for this one with rare combo.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    The character played by Dhanush is of a simple, economically poor but physically strong guy from a very remote village in need of a job and hence, this forms the outline of the film.

"A young man is faced with adversity. Life deals him immense challenges, and forces him to struggle to thrive. But he does, nevertheless, fighting to survive by thriving on the sheer undying spirit of the human will to survive. Along his thrilling journey is a tryst with adventure, a smattering of drama and a gritty tale that shows the power of love in extreme circumstances.
    Pudhukottaiyilirundhu Saravanan sans Dubai ?
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol...
    espettations only for the songs, visuals and one or two performances... idhukku mela edhu vandhaalum ponus dhaan...
    Sach is Life..

Post Thanks / Like
    For me it's only Danush. If music had been GVP I would have included that too.
    Let's see what ARR brings.

Gopal I became a fan after TA.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gopal,S. View Post
    Being an ardent Fan of Dhanush since Thullavatho Ilamai days(I predicted the day I saw that movie as he is going to be a great performing star with inborn talance.I am proved correct. ) I am eagerly waiting for this one with rare combo.
    You are right. Indeed he is one the best in his contemporaries.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast