PDA

View Full Version : Discussion on Song Picturisation in Tamil Films

mappi
7th September 2012, 05:28 PM
This thread is for discussing the song picturisation in movies. Eventhough you could give your likes and dislikes, it would be interesting to note if you felt "a song" could have been better if it was filmed "this way". And there are songs that have sucessfully lived the tests of time and still emerges to be the same, which could not be picturised in any other way.

To start I would give some songs on each category.

Movie songs - Perfect Picturisation
1. Yaar antha nilavu from Santhi
Eveything in this song is a beauty. This is a rare song that I want to see it and hear it.

2. Kadhalin deepam from Thambikku entha ooru
Those line of trees still mesmerise me. Ofcoarse kudos to SS to have taken the song so elegantly, apart from great works by IR and Rajasekar and the whole team.

Songs could have been have been done "this way"
1. Madai thiranthu from Nizhalgal
Eventhough you get to see IR, I sincerely feel that this song picturisation is below average. Eventhough BR kept his girls running in white, the picturisation does not do justice to the song music.
A young musician who wants to come up gets a chance - he dreams - His music is universal. He dreams everyone enjoying and dancing for his songs : Select 4 state + 1 region in India ; Pick the costume / dance / culture of these parts and choreograph dance respectively while Chandrasekar (beside them) is admiring his own creation - Music (yes a bit like MJ's Black or white)

2. Minnale pidithu from Shahjahan
Inspired from a clestic song, this song was well adopted. But it was very poorly picturised. Plus the location took away every good thing this song had.
Classic plot - Hero in love - describes the one whom he loves - 1st no need to dance ; 2nd no need to show the girl - lyrics says it all. Filmed on the street with localites around and mentioning the day to day life objects in a different way in accordence with the lyrics.

Start music ...

mexicomeat
7th September 2012, 07:54 PM
good
1. kan pesum varthaigal
2. mun paniya mudhal
3. kodai kala kaatre

bad
1. come on come on oh kamatchi from love birds
2. jumbalaka jumbalaka
3. andha arabi kadaloram
4. kalayil thinamum kan vizhithal

SoftSword
7th September 2012, 07:58 PM
just a correction mappi, the director of thalivars TEO was Rajasekar.

mappi
7th September 2012, 08:56 PM
good
1. kan pesum varthaigal
2. mun paniya mudhal
3. kodai kala kaatre

bad
1. come on come on oh kamatchi from love birds
2. jumbalaka jumbalaka
3. andha arabi kadaloram
4. kalayil thinamum kan vizhithal

mun paniya mudhal : The song picturisation is quite similar to En Gaanam Indru Arangerum from Eeravizhi Kaaviyangal

kodai kala kaatre : Good one but I pefer it to have much more depth. Just like the hindi song : Phoolon ke rang se from Prem Poojari.

mappi
7th September 2012, 08:58 PM
just a correction mappi, the director of thalivars TEO was Rajasekar.
Thanks for pointing it Softsword. Corrected.