PDA

View Full Version : Santhanam and Power Star Dr.Srinivasan ask "Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya"

mappi
16th November 2012, 03:50 PM
Movie Title : Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya
Banner : Hand Made Films & Sri Thenandal Films
Directed by : Manikandan
Music by : Thaman
Starring : Santhanam, Power Star Dr. Srinivasan, Vishakha Singh, Sethu, Mayilswamy, Kovai Sarala, Devadarshini, Silambarasan(Guest),Gautham Menon(Guest) and others
Produced by : (Santhanam) & Ramanarayanan

Release Date : Planned for 10/02/2013

Teaser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqk2Nu-3yvA&feature=related

mappi
16th November 2012, 03:51 PM
... Singam apadithan pannuma ...

balaajee
16th November 2012, 04:01 PM
Wish Santhanam for his FIRST production Venture....

mappi
16th November 2012, 04:15 PM
Santhanam Interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbrFWACjUeQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRJ_tXvUmSs&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDyprYe2Bn8&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKrLzsBw-B4&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R99d03efOk&feature=relmfu

mappi
4th December 2012, 06:41 PM
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/481838_313789602068982_1164966200_n.jpg

mappi
4th December 2012, 06:42 PM
http://posters.kollytalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Kanna-Laddu-Thinna-Aasaiya.jpg

mappi
4th December 2012, 06:43 PM
http://www.accesskollywood.com/photo-galleries/kanna-laddu-thinna-aasaiya-poster/images/kanna-laddu-thinna-aasaiya-poster01.jpg

hattori_hanzo
4th December 2012, 09:35 PM
She's the one who acted with Trisha (and SivaKarthikeyan) in Vivel TV commercials. Sumaar pigar - idhu Ladduva :roll:

ajaybaskar
4th December 2012, 09:46 PM
Remake of 'Indru poi naalai vaa'?

mappi
4th December 2012, 09:48 PM
Remake of 'Indru poi naalai vaa'?

So So ... atleast 1st half as per Santhanam's statement => interview Part 3 @2m40 secs

mappi
14th December 2012, 07:07 PM
Trailer : 2m40s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFZJq1ndjUA

balaajee
19th December 2012, 05:04 PM
STR @ Location

NOV
7th January 2013, 05:11 PM
apparently K. Bhagyaraj has sued, saying its a remake of his Indru Poi Naalai Vaa :lol:

rsubras
7th January 2013, 05:42 PM
one more guy also has complained that it is his story that Santhanam has used in KLTA. one of the party can be settled in out of court and the other guy could be checkmated :), neverthless ithellam good publicity for KLTA

mappi
7th January 2013, 05:52 PM
Ramanarayanan vara power-la illa. Ippo Power Star than padatha kapathanom.

NOV
7th January 2013, 05:58 PM
enjoy the song :rotfl2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zO-SgCh6GBE

NOV
7th January 2013, 06:21 PM
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/426800_497713390272337_1312039785_n.jpg

BM
13th January 2013, 01:12 AM
Movie is getting great response in twitter. Tried to book for today n all shows are housefull :shock:, while tickets are freely available for samar n alexpandian. Booked for tmrw.

BM
13th January 2013, 12:43 PM
Sreedhar Pillai ‏@sri50
KLTA - Thundering opening all over.

gane14
13th January 2013, 06:18 PM
Watched, Mokka padam, Indru Poi Naalai vaa murdered brutally.

Power Star and Santhanam image might draw the crowd to theatre.

Santhanams oneliner was good here and there, Nothing else in the movie.

ajaybaskar
13th January 2013, 09:23 PM
Power Star and Santhanam image might draw the crowd to theatre.

ஓஹோ!!

gane14
13th January 2013, 09:33 PM
ஓஹோ!!

Ajay, u believe it or not, the negative/over build up image which he is carrying is ringing on some cash in the counters. I witnessed it today. He had the loudest welcome of all in the movie.

ajaybaskar
13th January 2013, 09:49 PM
I know. Just kidding. :)

BM
14th January 2013, 01:32 PM
Movie is good.

Power star's chinna chinna expression ku ellam nalla response :lol:.

BM
15th January 2013, 12:19 AM
Udhaystalin Udhay
KLTA! Priceless :)) power star
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAlg8e6CEAAUF7c.jpg:large

hattori_hanzo
15th January 2013, 01:23 AM
Watched the movie in Perambur S2 (Sathyam Cinemas) today. OK movie. Timepass entertainer with several hilarious but forgettable as well as mokka scenes. Not even half as good as the original Bhagyaraj classic but I found it better than OKOK. Dont even think of watching a better version of IPNV. If you are familiar with Powerstar's antics (posters, forwarded emails, interviews) and if you enjoy watching him royally screwed by Santhanam, this might be a solid entertainer for you.

Powerstar is the USP. The man has the entire theatre in splits whenever he appears. Santhanam does whatever he has been doing all these days. The one scene where he turns serious and proposes to Vishaka shows how bad an actor he is. Sethu (a dermatologist, Santhanathukku romba nerungiya nanbanaam) who plays Bhagyaraj's character is a complete letdown. Someone like Jai would have been apt in this role.

Santhanam has made most use of Powerstar's image and almost all sequences are centered around him. IPNV had a strong and intelligent screenplay. Scenes like "Karuppu Satta, Vella Pant", "Ek Gaon Me Ek Kisan" are all memorable scenes & Bhagyaraj made us laugh without resorting to cheap gimmicks and crass jokes. But KLTA just depends only on Powerstar's tomfoolery and Santhanam's one line replies. The scene where Bhagyaraj meets his parents on the way from ration shop is butchered here.

Powerstar's family members and his dialogues with them are terrific. Lollu Sabha Swaminathan with whom Santhanam had some really funny scenes in BEB is wasted & Manohar appears in one blink and miss sequence. Kovai Sarala, Devadharshini are all there without any funny lines. VTV Ganesh and the effeminate dance master, who play the roles of Vishaka's Periyappa and Appa lack the seriousless of Kallapatti Singaram and the Hindi Pundit and look like caricatures.

Theatre fulla Thala fans. Mangatha dialogue, Simbhu entry-ku ellaam bayangara claps.

PS: Vishwaroopam's trailer was shown before the movie started and received thunderous applause & whistles. Have they been playing the trailer all these days (during the crisis) or is it just started?
PS2: Whats Santhanam got against Kamal? Just like BEB, cyce gaple ellaam avara vaarraaru. VV vasanam dhaan solla thonudhu.

balaajee
15th January 2013, 10:52 AM
apparently K. Bhagyaraj has sued, saying its a remake of his Indru Poi Naalai Vaa :lol:

it was later announced that the film, upon orders of a high court,would carry a card in its title sequence, giving credit to both Bhagyaraj and his story of Indru Poi Naalai Vaa, which put "this entire matter to rest".- http://en.wikipedia.org (http://en.wikipedia.org/)

selvakumar
16th January 2013, 07:43 AM
Theatre fulla Thala fans. Mangatha dialogue, Simbhu entry-ku ellaam bayangara claps. .
aahaa.. konjam late ah therinju pochae.. Had I known this in advance, I would have avoided the crap that I saw last week. Going to the movie this week.

BM
16th January 2013, 08:27 PM
Sreedhar Pillai ‏@sri50
KLTA has run away with the Pongal box-office. Super Hit.

paranitharan
16th January 2013, 09:48 PM
According to reliable sources KLTA has crossed 50C in 2 days. Thalaivar only next to superstar.

BM
17th January 2013, 12:39 PM
KLTA – Big Pongal winner

Santhanam- Powerstar ‘s Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasiaya (KLTA) is the big Pongal winner. KLTA produced Santhanam’s Handmade Films & Ramanarayanan’s Sri Thenandal Films and distributed by Udhayanidhi Stalin’s Red Giants is turning out to be a super hit.

Udhayanidhi Stalin has tweeted the box-office collections of the film. Udhay tweeted- “KLTA first 3 days collection for TN theatrical is Rs 6, 80,65,560 and distributor share is 3,75,98,768!”

The film which was initially released in 205 screens in Tamil Nadu on January 13, due to word of mouth became an instant super hit. The Pongal holidays brought the family audiences to the theatres who seems to have enjoyed the film.

What worked in KLTA’s favour was its comedy pairing of Santhanam and Powerstar Srinivasan, who brought the house down with their comic antics. The film produced by Santhanam would have cost Rs 3 to 3.5 Crore first copy and in three days it turned profitable from theatrical alone! Extraordinary !

And from this Friday (Jan 18) it is getting more and bigger screens in multiplexes. KLTA has emerged as 2013’s first big hit.

http://www.sify.com/movies/klta-big-pongal-winner-news-tamil-nbri5Vfbdcg.html

mappi
17th January 2013, 03:05 PM
Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya (KLTA)

I usualy encourage "We-Dont-give-a-fàçk" kind of flicks. KLTA is one such film which does not care about anything, but just to entertain you and make you laugh. It does not leave a gap for you to think and rethink, but dumps you with so many moments one after the other. Appreciations to the director Manikandan for keeping the content and humour of the Original but just altering the comedy elements to suit the present generation.

3 friends, Power, KK and Shiva, do whatever they want in their area. These adult youths friendship is put to a task, when all the 3 fall in love with same girl Sowmiya. They pull and shoot at each others legs just to be a step ahead of one another. To impress and get close to her the 3 takeup different avatars : KK takes up singing lessons with her uncle, Power learns dance from her father and Shiva does the household works to impress her mother and brother. Falling for the roof high politeness of these 3, Sowmiya starts to create an affection for them. After being warned by her neigbour, she tricks them with a lie to see their real faces. Whats the lie, how the friends react and in the end who takes the Laadu is the rest of the story narrated in a jovial manner.

Power, power, power all the way. Santhanam has converted all the minus to his plus by casting Power in the movie. He just excels as one of Santhanam's friend. His costumes, his expressions, his body language - altogehter he was himself on the screen, and he does something eveytime to put you on laugh.

Santhanam, as usual is so casual. His one liners are good. He actually is there to support Power. the timing between them is excellent and the expression of Power in the end is the highlight of each one liner.

Sethu gets into the scenes with ease and does not look as a freasher. He has given his share, all the best to him.
Vishakha Singh - real Laddu. Quite a pretty girl. She is lovely in both tradinational and vampy costumes and expresses quite good. Got my eyes on her !

Thaman songs with visuals are good. I got hooked to Hey Unnathan (other reason being Miss Singh). BGM, well what else you can expect for a comedy.

Simbhu Pathi Pesina Vambhu, he comes ... lectures ... leaves !

Other supporting artists are good too : spl mention to Kovai Sarala (loud and clear) & Ganesh (kara kara voice)

Whether the movie did justice to the original : I see it in a different angle. IPNV has attained a cult status - uncomparable. Eventhough KLTA does not even come close to IPNV, its accepted as they did not tampered with the content. But still if they had kept the "Ek Goan Mein Ek Kissan RAGHU tata", I would have been more than happy.

KLTA - Sweet Laddu

chevy
17th January 2013, 03:40 PM
Santhanam as always has a a good sense of timing for his humor. Power star - Self branded himself and brought it out well in the movie. Sethu looks like Mahesh Babu to me in some angles. Loved the actresses's costumes...Whats with the davani's ...Who wears all that these days.

mappi
17th January 2013, 05:28 PM
http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/kanna-laddu-thinna-aasaiya-photos/kanna_laddu_thinna_aasaiya_photos_94531dd.jpg

Got to take a tution from the Gentleman who did a photo retouch of Power's Hand : Chumma terminator Kai mari irruku !

interz
18th January 2013, 08:34 PM
Kanna Laddu Thinna aasaiya - Laughter non stop.

I havent seen the other movie Indru poi naalai vaa before so I cant compare with that movie. There has been several movies where 3-4 guys are wooing and trying to win the heart of heroins before. What makes this movie interesting to watch is the comedy and the cast. There are pleanty of comedians acting in the movie including lollu sabha crew.

I believe this movie would give Santhanam his next Vijay TV best comedian award again. I dont know much about Power Star but I can easily picture Premji in same character as Power Star in the movie, I think they put him in the movie to make fun of him, which audience surely enjoys. Sethu is very typical character in tamil movies, so he didnt had much scope. Another plus for the movie is a good looking heroine. Visakha looks really hot, and didnt do bad on her performance.

Thaman S. done good on bgm, songs not that catchy.

The producers should know if they make a movie which already has been done, they must try buy rights to remake it, or get permission. Cinema is full of greedy people who will use any opportunity grab money to themselves sueing others. The real test for director Manikandan is if he can do an original movie on his next venture...

NOV
19th January 2013, 07:39 AM
ok time pass movie.. fun while it lasts but not very memorable
good movie to start 2013 with...

selvakumar
21st January 2013, 10:36 AM
They have increased the shows for this movie to 3 including a late evening show here. Obvious that Alex pandian was reduced to one show.
Infact the telugu movie SVSC is screened only for 3 shows. Santhanam :shock:

mareen
21st January 2013, 01:51 PM
watched it this weekend. Good movie semma response for power. I dont think power will have any sustainability at all so enjoy while it lasts.

srimal
21st January 2013, 09:41 PM
orey sirippu mazhai thaan !! story same as IPNV but konjam scenario change .. good casting, some hilarious moments, good looking heroine,decent songs - ivlo pothatha makkalai kushipadutha !! koodavae power star vera - that guy is an enigma .. but ithaye repeat panna avlo catchy aa irukkuma nu therla - he is good in this movie...

theatrela response was good - dvd/tv la partha intha effect irukkadhu nu ninaikkaraen.... there is something abt this kind of humour - theatrela ellarum sirikkarappa comedy scenes innum enjoy panra mathiri irukku :)

Pongal winner is this sweet laddu !!

ps - Bhagyaraj sir- ku edhuna pathu pottu kudungappa .. kadhaiya appadiye copy adichirukeenga !!

srimal
21st January 2013, 09:46 PM
. Sethu looks like Mahesh Babu to me in some angles.

ennanga ippadi solliteenga... nethu thaan SVSC 3rd time parthean - i hurtuu :(

nickraman
22nd January 2013, 02:10 AM
Ugh. Below average. Priyadarshan's comedies are far better than this.

Dunno why Santhanam didn't pay Bhagyaraj the rights for IPNV? In fact, the original is a classic and he shouldn't have made this "remake" at all.

High time VTV Ganesh gets out of that stupid stereotype. Some of the comedies are ok but mostly they've stretched it beyond. Can't believe Kovai Sarala was underused (one point, she and Kamal were a rocking pair in SL & gr8 support in 5thanthiram.) & dealt with childish humor.

Santhanam didn't evoke much laughter. Guess he's going to Vivek's path slowly. PowerStar sollave vendaam. Intentional Comedy Piece I guess.

Anyways, so-so filler movie before roopam begins!

VinodKumar's
22nd January 2013, 01:13 PM
Watched it yesterday. Soora mokkai. Power star was irritating :banghead:.

LihDacRurdy
22nd January 2013, 01:40 PM
Watched it yesterday. Soora mokkai. Power star was irritating :banghead:.

"Ungaluku yen power mela ivlo aathangam" power vazhga power vazhga
:-D

balaajee
22nd January 2013, 01:40 PM
ps - Bhagyaraj sir- ku edhuna pathu pottu kudungappa .. kadhaiya appadiye copy adichirukeenga !!

Dunno why Santhanam didn't pay Bhagyaraj the rights for IPNV? In fact, the original is a classic and he shouldn't have made this "remake" at all.

If a well known director couldn't do anything in copy issue, i wonder what a new/unknown person can?...

Even if Bhagyaraj remade IPNV, i doubt whether he can create the same MAGIC...

LihDacRurdy
22nd January 2013, 01:43 PM
balaajee, now the trend it ultimately changes we cant give the same screen play into a new one even its a remade.... if KBagyaraj remake this it will be the same repeat ... neenga sidhu +2 pathingala same screenplay he did, what he uses in 80s

balaajee
22nd January 2013, 02:03 PM
balaajee, now the trend it ultimately changes we cant give the same screen play into a new one even its a remade.... if KBagyaraj remake this it will be the same repeat ... neenga sidhu +2 pathingala same screenplay he did, what he uses in 80s

sidhu +2 was like a play by out off form player..

balaajee
22nd January 2013, 04:15 PM
I'm an actor for the masses: Srinivasan - times of india

Buoyed by the response of his latest release Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya ( KLTA), a Tamil romantic-comedy, actor Srinivasan, popularly known as 'Power Star', considers himself an actor for the masses and is extremely happy with the fan following.
"I'll always remain an actor for the masses and do roles that will entertain them because they have made me what I am today. It gives me immense happiness that the audiences have loved my work in KLTA and have kept me on par with my co-stars," said Srinivasan.
He plays one of the three heroes in the film (KLTA), which revolves around the efforts of the trio to woo the same girl. Srinivasan was cast opposite Santhanam, Sethu and Vishaka Singh in the film, directed by K.S Manikandan.
"It is always a pleasure to share screen space with a popular actor such as Santhanam. I am glad our chemistry worked in the favour of the film and I look forward to a long association with him," he added.
Queried whether there is a sequel to KLTA in the making, he said: "The talks are on following the overwhelming response of the film but nothing is finalised as of now".
The actor is paired opposite Santhanam and Shiva in upcoming Tamil comedy Ya Ya, which will be directed by Rajasekhar.

rsubras
23rd January 2013, 05:59 PM
sidhu +2 was like a play by out off form player..

avar paiyan ah munnukku konduvaranum ngra avasarathula konjam overaa sinthichuttar for Sidhu +2, whereas the film Paarijatham (that unveiled his daughter) had most of the ingredients of an interesting Bhagyaraj film

HonestRaj
23rd January 2013, 11:47 PM
Paarijatham (that unveiled his daughter) had most of the ingredients of an interesting Bhagyaraj film

i really liked the story within a story concept of screenplay in parijatham..

nickraman
24th January 2013, 03:17 AM
Paarijatham was well written. KLTA is a nightmare.

Vara vara Tamil cinema comedy sense avalo mosamma irruku. First OKOK, now this. Even Kalakkapu was tolerable becoz of Shiva.

kalyan
24th January 2013, 06:43 AM
Paarijatham was well written. KLTA is a nightmare.

Vara vara Tamil cinema comedy sense avalo mosamma irruku. First OKOK, now this. Even Kalakkapu was tolerable becoz of Shiva.

Tolerable???IMO Kalakalappu was the best comedy movie of 2012 by a mile. I share ur opinion regarding OKOK... :-)

balaajee
20th February 2013, 08:41 PM
I have no enmity with Power Star: Lakshmi Rai

There was news that when Power Star was not popular he had approached Lakshmi Rai to act with him in his film. It is understood that Lakshmi Rai had refused and because of this Power Star was angry with her.

Atthis juncture, there was also news that actress Lakshmi Rai has danced for a Kuthu song with Power Star in the film Onbadhula Guru and both of them have become friendly. When asked Lakshmi Rai about this, she said, ” I am donning the female lead role in Onbadhula Guru. The shooting of my portions have been completed one month ago. I am acting in my next film. Someone has spread the news that I have danced with Power Star. I have not danced with him.

I don’t know even know that who Power Star is. I am only seeing him now on TV. The news that I have refused to act with him is also false. My manager only takes care of my call sheets. May be he would have refused. I don’t know anything about that. I will act with anyone as long the film has a good story. That is my policy.”

shilpa
21st February 2013, 01:22 PM
powerstar is an old hag using a wig to hide his age identity.surprisng to see he too has many fans and followers arond.

cokepepsi
2nd March 2013, 11:48 AM
padam romba sumaar. idhukku ivlo hype-u vera. pazhaiya bhaggiyaraj padathai dressing mathi, oppetha muyarchi seinjirukaanga. idhuku romba periya dhillu venum.

A.ANAND
2nd March 2013, 02:17 PM
Power Star’s Terror Love Anthem | Alagan Alag

http://www.tubetamil.com/entertainment-videos/power-stars-terror-love-anthem-alagan-alagi.html

balaajee
4th March 2013, 05:52 PM
KLTA completes 50 days!

Santhanam's maiden production venture Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya starring himself, Power Star Srinivasan, Sethu and Vishakha in the lead completes 50 days today (4th March). Produced by Santhanam under his his Handmade Films banner 'Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya' was a complete laugh riot and the first super hit of 2013.
The Manikandan directed comedy riot worked big time at TN box-office mainly due to its comedy and successful teaming up of Santhanam with Powerstar and the music is by S S Thaman. Powerstar Srinivasan became a major draw at the box-office with the success of KLTA.

The film has brought in the numbers right from the start and it is doing well with the box office collection. KLTA was a big hit as films that released along with it for Pongal bombed.