PDA

View Full Version : Arun's Kalyaana Samayal Saadham

NOV
23rd November 2012, 05:57 PM
Arun Vaidyanathan who directed the thriller Achamundu Achamundu is back with Kalyana samayal saadham - A film produced by him and Ananth Govindan. This is going to be directed by a talented, gold medal winner from LV Prasad film institute Prasanna Rs.
Prasanna and Lekha Washington are playing the lead pair. A young team raring to go!

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/58997_10151184434551871_1381443887_n.jpg

Srimannarayanan
7th December 2013, 08:32 PM
KSS is very nice Adult Rom-Com movie. :)

Srimannarayanan
7th December 2013, 08:34 PM
http://www.sify.com/movies/kalyana-samayal-saadham-review-tamil-15044765.html

nickraman
8th December 2013, 06:21 AM
Superb film and a nice satire at the Brahmin traditions overall. The humor quotient is genuine unlike the recent so-called comedy films (still reeling from the boredom of iDhaaba.) Hats off to Prasanna for choosing such bold roles. Even Lekha was really good and kinda broke the heroine stereotype. Good comeback for her after the lousy Quarter cutting.

Story doesn't drag and the screenplay isn't rushed or sluggish. Definitely one of the better films of 2013.

Worth a watch.

uruzalari
9th December 2013, 08:19 PM
Those who have seen the film..... Is U/A justified or an A certificate would have been more appropriate?
(The movie was not vulgar at any point but I think the theme warranted an A certificate)

ajaybaskar
9th December 2013, 08:34 PM
Already there is a controversy about the certification. According to rules, the certification type has to be mentioned in posters. But the KSS unit didnt follow this and the movie is promoted, intentionally or unintentionally, as a family entertainer.

nickraman
11th December 2013, 05:06 AM
Those who have seen the film..... Is U/A justified or an A certificate would have been more appropriate?
(The movie was not vulgar at any point but I think the theme warranted an A certificate)

Azhagu Raja should've gotten A Certificate.

U/A certificate is justified. Nothing below the belt content wise. Please see Vicky Donor (theme is almost similar but not a remake) if you have doubts (that too got UA certificate.)

uruzalari
11th December 2013, 10:29 AM
Azhagu Raja should've gotten A Certificate.

U/A certificate is justified. Nothing below the belt content wise. Please see Vicky Donor (theme is almost similar but not a remake) if you have doubts (that too got UA certificate.)

Have seen Vicky Donor. Though Censor Board comes under the Central Government I believe the yardstick is different (not on paper) for Hindi and Tamil Movies.

I think you meant Alex Pandian and not Azhagu Raja.

I already said nothing in the movie was vulgar. But when you have terms like intercourse being discussed openly I have my own reservations about the U/A certificate. There is no denying that there are lyrics in most U certified movies with obscene and vulgar lyrics. But suppose a kid watches this film and you go and ask him the plot? What is he going to tell you ?

ajaybaskar
11th December 2013, 08:01 PM
It takes some guts to make and act in such a movie. Both Prasannas have that. Yes, its an adult comedy. But it has been written carefully so that the border is not crossed at any point. Enjoyed it better than the recent so called comedy movies.

nickraman
12th December 2013, 02:27 AM
Have seen Vicky Donor. Though Censor Board comes under the Central Government I believe the yardstick is different (not on paper) for Hindi and Tamil Movies.

I think you meant Alex Pandian and not Azhagu Raja.

Athu rightu. Spelling mistake. :)

I already said nothing in the movie was vulgar. But when you have terms like intercourse being discussed openly I have my own reservations about the U/A certificate. There is no denying that there are lyrics in most U certified movies with obscene and vulgar lyrics. But suppose a kid watches this film and you go and ask him the plot? What is he going to tell you ?

Depends on the age. A 10-13 yr old kid is going to get the obvious. But these days, kids are getting smart through Google.

19thmay
16th December 2013, 02:00 PM
Didn expect this to be an adult comedy movie because the crew is a typical family drama squad - crazy Mohan, Neelu etc...
Double meaning all over ;) but nice. Check out the presentation slide in the office after “that” incident :lol: Nevertheless good movie

balaajee
30th December 2013, 11:58 AM
Kalyana-Samayal-Sadham-Team-met-Kamal-Hassan 2847

balaajee
30th December 2013, 12:00 PM
Didn expect this to be an adult comedy movie because the crew is a typical family drama squad - crazy Mohan, Neelu etc...
Double meaning all over ;) but nice. Check out the presentation slide in the office after “that” incident :lol: Nevertheless good movie Truly a Daring Attempt...

Siv.S
30th December 2013, 01:17 PM
Double meaning all over ;) but nice. Check out the presentation slide in the office after “that” incident :lol: Nevertheless good movie
There r many such mentions in the dialogues also.. was that crane in the TV in the climax?? :lol: and the final SIX shot and the commentary :lol: overall well made movie :thumbsup:

Mr.GreyShirt
30th December 2013, 06:21 PM
Yea, it's an adult humor done right without going too far in an attempt to invoke laughter.