very good

Idiappam
10th February 2005, 05:13 PM
What else?

Sudhaama
11th February 2005, 07:31 AM
Hi friends,

I am unable to catch your point... !

What do you mean by saying .. Tamil is Tamil...

Gold is Gold ... Donkey is Donkey... I am I ... You are You.... and so on...!!!

Any sense in such dry blank Statements?.... Please come out with what you have to say pin-pointedly, instead of such .....

Mottai- Thaadhan Kuttaiyilae Vizhundhaan...

Which Mottai..? Why Mottai...?? Yendha Kuttai?? Yaen vizhundhaan???

Please come to the open from the hiding Bush-Statements.!

RR
11th February 2005, 07:50 AM
tamil is tamil.. When you say 'tamil', it just sounds 'tamil'.. But what if you say 'Thamizh'.... you can taste 'Amizhthu'..! hee hee, just loud thinking..

Sudhaama
11th February 2005, 08:56 AM
RR,

My purpose of asking them... is not that I have Nothing to say on the matter... but I wanted to know from them...

... what they mean... by saying Tamil is Tamil... a Senseless Statement. !!!

Off course I have many points to say....

First point is.... Tamil .... is an abbreviation of ... TAME-ILL ...

So to say... the Illness or the Mind-Sickness of Mankind or Society can be treated since TAMED by the Lessons from Tamil-Literature

Tamil is NOT... TAMIL.... but ... THAMIZH ...

So say fast... THAMIZH.... THAMIZH... THAMIZH.. THAMIZH...

You will get .... AMIZHDHU ... AMIZHDHU .... AMIZHDHU

A SOFT-SPOKEN LANGUAGE without any Harsh Sounds

Or... The Sweet ... so called ... "Amritham".

RR
11th February 2005, 11:19 AM
Sudhaama,
If you read my post, you'll see I also meant the same thing.. With pun.. Absolutely nothing serious... The thread starter probably meant 'Tamil-nna tamil thaan.. It's very good'.. Again, loud thinking.. :tongueout:

Idiappam
11th February 2005, 07:09 PM
Tamil is Tamil, wherever he is!

Sudhaama
11th February 2005, 08:56 PM
[tscii:19ab782bbb]
RR

Oh !! ... You mean... "¾Á¢ØýÉ¡ ¾Á¢ú ¾¡ý"...þýÉ¡ ("Thamizhinnaa... Thamizh thaan" ... innaa...) ..«Ð§Ä «÷ò¾õ þÕìÌ (adhulae Arththam irukku...). «ó¾ «÷ò¾õ ¾¡ý... "¾¡ý"... þ§Ä ¾¡ý þÕìÌ (andha arththam... "thaan"... -ilae thaan irukku) þø§ÄýÉ¡.... "²"... ¨Â¡ÅÐ §À¡ð¼¡ ¦¾Ç¢Å¡Ìõ (yillaaennaa ... yae... yai yaavadhu.. poattaa.. thelhivaahum...) «ò¨¾ Å¢ðÎô§À¡ðÎ(aththai vittu-poattu) .... þ¦¾ýÉ¡ ¿¡§Á 丢츢ðÎ yidhennaa Naamae yoohichikkittu)... ¿¡§Á «ÐìÌô À¾¢Öõ ¦º¡øÄÏÁ¢ýÉ¡?(Naamae adhukku Badhilum sollanhuminnaa) ... ¬! ¿õÁ¨Ç§Â Óð¼¡Ç¡ì¸¢ì¸¢È¾¡?(Aa! Nammalhaiyae Muttaalhaa aakkikkirhadhaa?).... þ‰¼õ§À¡§Ä ¦Åù§ÅÚ Å¢¾Á¡?(Yishtam poalae vevvaerhu Vidhamaa?)... þ¦¾ýÉ ¸Õò¾Ãí¸Á¡?(Yidhu yenna Karuththarangamaa?)... þø§Ä... ¸ØòÐî ÍÕ측? (Yillae Kazhuththu-Churukkaa?)

±ôôÊ?...(Yeppadi?)...

Donkey is Donkey... Does this carry any sense?...

But when you say... "Donkey is after all a Donkey".... it has a clear sense.
And... if you say... Donkey is only a Donkey... it has another Sense.
Further... if you say... Donkey.. No... Donkey... it has still different sense.

By this Jumble of Words on Tamil... what does the Originator... wants to convey... Out of the above three or more Sense-Options.... is my Question ?... Should we Just ASSUME by force?

... Deceptively... like the Kalidhaasa story... Such a sense cannot be left to our imagination....

... where... the Originator Shepherd's sense of his Silent-Symbols .... were different ... from that of the...

... Self-willed ...Interpretation by wicked Pandits ... out of IMAGINATION ...

... and CONCOCTIONS... just to somehow convince and impress the Princess...

... who was thus "Deceived"... "Innocently"... . PITIABILY.... Befooled too !!

The Scope of ... "Kindling".... the Imagination is ... No doubt... HEALTHY for... "Enjoying"... the Implied Sense-depths as well as the... "Intricate-Word-beauties"... of Poetry and Literature in General...

... and NOT for a Forum-Dicussion or Debate ... forcing the Readers ... towards...

... Self-assumtions and Surmises..... leading to... "No-where"... except getting... SELF-FOOLED !!!

[/tscii:19ab782bbb]

F.S.Gandhi vandayar
10th April 2005, 01:25 PM
Every language is sweet for that language inhabitants. Mother tongue is always sweet to everybody in this world.Tamil is just a sound is true when you see in global perspective.

It is imaginery story that this language sweet and that language is hard.

A particular group of people and their main aspect that come into the mind of who watched that group makes the name of most of the languages in the world.

Tamils ability as a great voyagers made the world people called them as 'thirayar'-thirai means sea.

The language they spoke was called 'thirayar mozhi'- which turned as thiramoli-thiramila-theramila-therabila-thravida-tamila-tamilza-tamili-themila and so on.

The above expressions are found in all seven old civilizations of world namely Greece,Babyloneans,Egyptian etc.