Looks like a good thriller!

NOV
15th February 2013, 01:04 PM
First time listen impressive song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=92oJZUvknH0

mappi
15th February 2013, 02:15 PM
For those interested to know :
Creative Production : It is the creative force behind a project, requiring business skills, the ability to form creative collaborations and an understanding of an ever changing marketplace. It includes providing support to director in casting, script and creative issues, overseeing the transfer of film materials, transferring images to end media like video and photo prints, and making contributions to the development of new features and content.
A creative producer assists the director of the film in the film production process, casting and other creative issues. He mainly works in conjunction with other producers and is in charge of the creative team. He oversees the advancement of the script, and makes sure the director and actors are communicating effectively.

mappi
15th February 2013, 02:27 PM
Looks like a good thriller!

Keeping "original title" in mind, I thought it would be a new to TFI plot, a Hit & Run case, but the trailer seems to be about Kidnapping.
Yes, its immpressive eventhoug I have seen only 2 films of Siddarth (Boys & Stricker), am looking forward to watch this movie (in Chennai). Seems there are darker and negative shades to his character. Kay Kay Menon seems to be giving his Black Friday act, only here he has a factured hand. Nothing more to say until watching the movie.

NOV
15th February 2013, 05:33 PM
You must watch 180 - poetry in motion
Starring sidhardh and my gf :oops:

mappi
15th February 2013, 06:01 PM
Starring sidhardh and my gf :oops:

OK, noted ... neerparavai + 180 are on my list.
Correction : Not 2 but watched 3 movies of Siddarth : include Ayudha Ezhuthu
[Didn't get a chance to watch Anaganaga O Dheerudu & Midnight Children - later lost interest to look for these movies]

Off Topic but related to Siddarth : Was seeing his Filmography - Is Sindar C making a movie with him titled "Theeya Velai Seiyyanum Kumaru" ?

ajaybaskar
15th February 2013, 06:17 PM
Yes. Half the shoot is complete. Hansika is the female lead.

NOV
15th February 2013, 06:23 PM
Hansika is the female lead.NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!

NOV
15th February 2013, 06:25 PM
Udhayam NH4 is directed by debutant Manimaran, a former associate of Vetrimaaran. The film features Siddharth and newcomer Ashrita Shetty in the lead roles. Vetrimaaran has written the script, done the screenplay, and also penned the dialogues for this film. The film's soundtrack and background score were composed by G. V. Prakash Kumar. The film is expected to release along with a Telugu version in February 2013.

The film will be set against the backdrop of the National Highways leading to Bangalore. Initially the film was named Desiya Nedunchalai, but this name was already registered by Powerstar Dr. Srinivasan, which hence lead to the renaming of the title to Udhayam NH4. Vetrimaaran’s favorite actor Kishore is playing a pivotal role in the film, while Kay Kay Menon plays the antagonist, making his debut in Tamil cinema. Debut actress Ashrita Shetty was selected to play the lead female role. Ramya will appear in a cameo appearance in the film. Velraj is the cinematographer and editing will be by Kishore Te. The film will be produced jointly by Dayanidhi Azhagiri and Vetrimaaran as a tie-up between their companies Meeka Entertainment and Grass Root Film Company. On February 14, 2013, the first film trailer was released at Sun Music.

mappi
15th February 2013, 06:45 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!

... LoL ...

In the trailer Ashrita Shetty looks like Samantha with 500gms more flesh to the face - atleast for me.

NOV
15th February 2013, 07:09 PM
.Visiting Chennai : 26/02 - 21/03 2013..only chennai? I will be in trichy area from the 10th.

Samantha is cute :oops2:

mappi
15th February 2013, 07:48 PM
I am planning a visit to B'lore by 10th. I can make it Trichy, for a day or 2.

26/02 - 04/03 => jet lag + Family (parents + sister) + meet Hubber from chennai (none have contacted me so far)
08-03 - 12/03 => plan to visit B'lore (meet sakala + cinemarasigan + ...)

Anytime between 10/03 - 18/03, if we plan, I can visit Tirchy.

Balaji.r
15th February 2013, 09:11 PM

ok...

Cinefan
16th February 2013, 12:39 PM
I am planning a visit to B'lore by 10th. I can make it Trichy, for a day or 2.

26/02 - 04/03 => jet lag + Family (parents + sister) + meet Hubber from chennai (none have contacted me so far)
08-03 - 12/03 => plan to visit B'lore (meet sakala + cinemarasigan + ...)

Anytime between 10/03 - 18/03, if we plan, I can visit Tirchy.

Further to our PM's :) , I can meet you in Bangalore on the 12th.As informed earlier,I am leaving for Chennai on the 9th morn and will leave back to B'lore on the 11th afternoon.

NOV
19th March 2013, 07:52 PM
Music releasing in a couple of weeks.
Way to go GV Prakash :clap:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Tq5oLYiVoHw/UR4RiC3gIsI/AAAAAAAAAfc/mmDqViQNNv8/s1600/Udhayam+NH4.jpg

balaajee
19th March 2013, 08:11 PM
Music releasing in a couple of weeks.
Way to go GV Prakash :clap:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Tq5oLYiVoHw/UR4RiC3gIsI/AAAAAAAAAfc/mmDqViQNNv8/s1600/Udhayam+NH4.jpg

But a song(yaaro ivan) is already heard everywhere U go......Music not launched??

NOV
19th March 2013, 08:28 PM
I think only one song was released earlier... this one is the whole album.

nickraman
20th March 2013, 04:13 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!

Similar sentiment.

Cannot fathom her hype in TC.

Dilbert
21st March 2013, 06:57 AM
First time listen impressive song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=92oJZUvknH0

Flash News : Harris Jayraju garu and Mumbai Jaishree Karu .. jointly filed a police compliant stating that someone stole their song template book.

Na Muthu kumar :notworthy:

balaajee
22nd March 2013, 04:35 PM
Siddharth’s NH4 rights sold out

Red Giant Movies has acquired the theatrical rights of Udhayam NH4. Debutant director Manimaran is wielding the megaphone and Siddharth, Ashritha Shetty are playing the main leads. Udhayam Nh4 is wrapping its shooting part and producer Dayanidhi is planning to release this flick in May.

Dayanidhi tweeted, “things just got BIGGER ! very happy to announce that the TN theatrical release of UDHAYAM will be done by @Udhaystalin’s Red Giant MoviesRed Giant Movies has got a great track record in production as well as distribution. They distributed many blockbusters like Ko, The Raise of Dark Knight, Madarasipattinam and Myna.

19thmay
22nd March 2013, 11:06 PM
oh producer anbu nenjan-na? what happened to his quarry case?

LihDacRurdy
23rd March 2013, 09:39 AM
padathoda ads a lam partha ennaku sidarth nadicha 180 da nyabagam varthu

balaajee
4th April 2013, 12:00 PM
Audio Release

Sunil_M88
5th April 2013, 04:14 AM
Maalai Pon Maalai is plain and simply SUPER GVP delivers again. I honestly didn't think GVP had it in him to compose such honey coated charanams :shock: :clap:

NOV
5th April 2013, 06:21 AM
I am surprised that you think that way....
GVP seems to be the most consistent MD for now

Sunil_M88
5th April 2013, 06:50 AM
There's no doubt over his consistency and I had just dropped a compliment for him i.e. Maalai Pon Maalai probably has the best charanams compared to the rest of GVPs songs. When I said
. I honestly didn't think GVP had it in him I meant I was surprised at the fact that he is the only current gen MD outdoing himself with every release ;) After a rustic Paradesi and AKKV, here we having back in his Urban form. Personally, I like his rural and classical songs more :musicsmile:

NOV
5th April 2013, 07:02 AM
this morning I was enjoying his kanaa kaangirEn kanaa kaangirEn on minnal.fm
talk about longevity!

SoftSword
5th April 2013, 02:32 PM
shabbaa...

Parthyy
5th April 2013, 03:54 PM
longivety and gv prakash what a contradicting contrast!!

Mahen
5th April 2013, 04:21 PM
this morning I was enjoying his kanaa kaangirEn kanaa kaangirEn on minnal.fm
talk about longevity!
+1..ithu enna mayam still makes me float even now :musicsmile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLqLzKqJz7U

NOV
5th April 2013, 05:30 PM
+1..ithu enna mayam still makes me float even now :musicsmileAbsolute treasure Mahen.

Just now they played akkam pakkam in thr best of five - surprised that it's still popular.

ajaybaskar
5th April 2013, 05:32 PM
Theriyaama ulla vandhuttiyeda Ajay..

NOV
5th April 2013, 05:34 PM
Theriyaama ulla vandhuttiyeda Ajay..
Maamiyaar udaithaa mann satti marumagal udaithaa pon satti

ajaybaskar
6th April 2013, 12:26 AM
Or is it Mama-marumagan?

balaajee
19th April 2013, 02:18 PM
Udhayam Nh4 Movie Review- http://24by7news.com/

Siddharth and Asrita Shetty (this is her debut movie) starrer upcoming movie is “NH 4” the movie has wrapped up its shooting. G.V. Prakash is the music director for the movie. The movie is going to hit the screens on April 19th.

About the director:
NH 4 is directed by Manimaran. From the source we had heard that this movie is a action thriller with commercial elements by seeing the title only we can come to an idea about this movie. National Award winner Vetrimaaran is handling the screenplay and providing the story to this movie.

About the first look and Trailer:
By seeing the first look poster of this movie,the expectations become very high.Hero Siddharth looks quite different in this movie. And the title has a tagline “National Highway Banglore to Chennai” it was soo impressive.And coming to the trailer the movie is touted to be an action entertainer the visuals look slick and promising more over the trailer is full of fights between a police and Siddharth.

About the Hero:
Siddharth has proved his acting with his previous movies and he is called as lover boy of the industry.His acting levels are very high.His dialogue delivery and his timing of punch dialogues are awesome and we all know that he is one of the most popular actor in Tollywood.

About the music Director:
The recently released music album composed by G.V.Prakash Kumar has got a good response and Siddharth has sung the song ‘Nenevaro’ in it.

Highlights of this movie:
1.The suspense scenes will be highlight for this movie.
2.Siddharth’s realistic acting will be highlight of this movie.
3.The scenes between Siddharth and the police officer will be highlight.
4.Song’s and G.V.Prakash back ground music.
5.screen play will be the highlight of this movie.
Finally the movie will be a big feast to everyone.

Balaji.r
19th April 2013, 05:59 PM
Fairly decent movie, oru dhaba paakalam. surprisingly Siddharth was good.

Lip synch was bad for most part of the movie.Felt like dubbed version.

Havent heard the songs before and nothing registers as well. Biggest plus for this movie was run time, it was around 2 hours.

NOV
19th April 2013, 06:56 PM
After watching gouravam this was a relief.
Everything that went wrong in gouravam was good here.
Single line story but the screenplay keeps you abdorbed.
The police guy was excellent.
The others did their parts well especially the fat friend :rotfl:
1st half was speedy while 2nd half slowed down fir a while before picking up to the climax.
I didn't like the ending though.

Verdict: go watch it without reading any story reviews.

Srimannarayanan
19th April 2013, 07:20 PM
After watching gouravam this was a relief.
Everything that went wrong in gouravam was good here.
Single line story but the screenplay keeps you abdorbed.
The police guy was excellent.
The others did their parts well especially the fat friend :rotfl:
1st half was speedy while 2nd half slowed down fir a while before picking up to the climax.
I didn't like the ending though.

Verdict: go watch it without reading any story reviews.

Nov

How about K.K Menon's acting?

NOV
19th April 2013, 07:45 PM
How about K.K Menon's acting?I had to google to see who is this :)

http://images.taragana.com/2009/06/23/2370373492.jpg

He is the police guy I mentioned above. Excellent!
In the first scene he looked like a comedy police :sigh2: but after that he was menacing and quite good. :thumbsup:

Avadi to America
20th April 2013, 02:22 AM
I had to google to see who is this :)

http://images.taragana.com/2009/06/23/2370373492.jpg

He is the police guy I mentioned above. Excellent!
In the first scene he looked like a comedy police :sigh2: but after that he was menacing and quite good. :thumbsup:

ungaloda positive reviewnalla.... padam pakkalmunu irruken....Let's see the taste of NOV

Dilbert
20th April 2013, 02:24 AM
ungaloda positive reviewnalla.... padam pakkalmunu irruken....Let's see the taste of NOV

:p: good luck ! It didn't work for me for Avan Ivan.

NOV
20th April 2013, 06:42 AM
It didn't work for me.Thank God for small mercies :p

Mahen
20th April 2013, 07:19 AM
Okayish movie (maybe the aftereffect of watching gauravam :lol: )..loved the presentation and dialogues..Vetrimaran is good ya..and KK was excellent..Gv songs were disappointing..in fact i dont even like the famous yaaro iivan...Heroine looks bad..Vetrimaran has a bad taste when it comes to heroines (Divya/tapsee) Heard shes the heroine for his next with Dhanush.. :(

Avadi to America
20th April 2013, 07:31 AM
Padam nalla irruku boss. First of nalla racya irunthuchu. Enaku yaro ivan song pudichu irruku. Romba nalluku appuram love story and racy action padam parth. Thirupthi. Ennaku vathikuchi padam kuda pudichi irunthuchu ...herova thavira.

NOV
20th April 2013, 07:41 AM

Padam nalla irruku boss. First of nalla racya irunthuchu. Enaku yaro ivan song pudichu irruku. Romba nalluku appuram love story and racy action padam parth. Thirupthi.

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Its not a earth shattering movie or a one of the best kind, but certainly watchable.

and GVP's music was good. 8-)

Balaji.r
20th April 2013, 09:05 AM
and GVP's music was good. 8-)

:lol2: :lol2:

balaajee
20th April 2013, 08:33 PM
Movie is a single chase, happens in a day......but it lacks TEMPO which is the only MINUS......Climax was different.......Man of the match K.K

NOV
20th April 2013, 08:39 PM
:lol2: :lol2::lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Siv.S
21st April 2013, 12:43 PM
Okayish movie (maybe the aftereffect of watching gauravam :lol: )..loved the presentation and dialogues..Vetrimaran is good ya..and KK was excellent..Gv songs were disappointing..in fact i dont even like the famous yaaro iivan...Heroine looks bad..Vetrimaran has a bad taste when it comes to heroines (Divya/tapsee) Heard shes the heroine for his next with Dhanush.. :(
+1
The flashback given by
1. Heroine's Ex jealousy boy friend
2. A good friend of Sidharth
3. and by Heroine herself
and the phone call between the investigating police officer with his wife(they did the same like hero-heroines in their life)

Vertimaran should have directed this simple story,the "clarity" is missing in the execution.. he would have extracted the best from the cast too,even KK was not at his best,the added humour in the serious scenes didn't worked for me except 1 or 2 places by that fat guy,songs and BGM were big let down,BGM towards the end Harris Vagaiyara(Enna avaru vocals Use pannuvaru,Ivaru instrumentala kaathula blood) Biggest plus is its running time,only 2 hrs 5 minutes i guess.

A time pass movie.

LihDacRurdy
21st April 2013, 01:11 PM
Padam nalla irruku boss. First of nalla racya irunthuchu. Enaku yaro ivan song pudichu irruku. Romba nalluku appuram love story and racy action padam parth. Thirupthi. Ennaku vathikuchi padam kuda pudichi irunthuchu ...herova thavira.

Dilbert kum enakum same thought...!

LihDacRurdy
21st April 2013, 01:12 PM
1st half--- padam nalaruku
2nd half---padam sema mokkay irukum villain sema comedifiying in climax

balaajee
22nd April 2013, 12:27 PM
?? the movie had below song???(for those who watced)

Cinemarasigan
22nd April 2013, 02:28 PM
Movie is a single chase, happens in a day......but it lacks TEMPO which is the only MINUS......Climax was different.......Man of the match K.K

K.K naa yaaru?

SoftSword
22nd April 2013, 02:48 PM

mahen...
divya ellaam sema hott... especially in that pollaadhavan matter song... oru look onnu kuduppaa paaru...
or maybe ur only looking for under 18 cute content she may not be ur pick.

balaajee
22nd April 2013, 04:44 PM
K.K naa yaaru?

That police man(hindi actor) - Kay Kay Menon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kay_Kay_Menon)

Cinefan
22nd April 2013, 05:22 PM
divya ellaam sema hott...

Strong rumours that Ramya(as she is called in the Kannada film industry)is Ex-Union Minister/Ex-Karnataka CM S M Krishna's unacknowledged daughter.

That she has a strong resemblence to him only adds value to the rumours.

Cinemarasigan
22nd April 2013, 05:33 PM
Strong rumours that Ramya(as she is called in the Kannada film industry)is Ex-Union Minister/Ex-Karnataka CM S M Krishna's unacknowledged daughter.

That she has a strong resemblence to him only adds value to the rumours.

appdiyaa :shock:

Mahen
22nd April 2013, 05:42 PM
mahen...
divya ellaam sema hott... especially in that pollaadhavan matter song... oru look onnu kuduppaa paaru...
or maybe ur only looking for under 18 cute content she may not be ur pick.
hot or cold..enaku munji pidikile :)

Is KK also a singer or is that a different guy? :roll:

SoftSword
22nd April 2013, 05:52 PM
apdi nyayamana karanama irundha ok.

NOV
22nd April 2013, 05:57 PM
Is KK also a singer or is that a different guy? :roll:KK singer...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AbSiGILKxw4/T9Bl1bdCvVI/AAAAAAAAAGE/mHYzceB88ms/s1600/k.k.JPG

Mahen
22nd April 2013, 06:49 PM
thanks nov

mappi
23rd April 2013, 04:45 PM
Udhayam NH4 (2013)
Directed by Manimaran
Written by Vetrimaaran
Produced by Dayanidhi Azhagiri & Vetrimaaran
Music by G.V.Prakash Kumar
Banner : Studio Meeka Entertainment & Grass Root Film Company

Starring : Siddharth, Ashrita Shetty, Kay Kay Menon & some friends

When a politicians daughter (Rithika) is kidnapped, he engages a "stone-hearted-no-pity-what-so-ever" police officier (Manoj Menon) to find Rithika and bring her back. Manoj with his hard-hand skills rounds up people and within minutes finds out who is behind the kidnapping. He then accepts the challenges to race with the kidnapper and finally narrows him down and retrives the victim, but just after a while he is back again in the race as the kidnapper had taken back the victim. Analysing the suituation and the aggresivity of the kidnapper, Manoj takes the short-cut by engaing goons in his quest, conering the kidnapper. Whats the motive behind the kidnapping and whether Manoj could save Rithika as well as his reputation forms the rest of the story.

Manimaran is aware that he does not have a story, but just a plot which is outdated and essayed in "n" number of films in the past. So he lays his forte on the scree play, and has partially came out sucessful in keeping us engaged. Narating the events thru many vitnesses increases the (already-known) suspence. But the use of technology to track down the kidnapper were far fetched, and I am not sure if everyone followed anything atall. Anyway, so the ground where he places his plot is on a highway, something not new either, but the Highway was missing in the movie and we could see the by-pass only. But the names like NH were used though. Being a Road Movie, the road is missing - Ref of a Road Movie : RGV's ROAD. On the other hand, the amature graphics during the title credits makes you think whether you are in 2013 ? the 80's title cards were better. (there is a movie where they show the names on the REAL banners along side of a highway - can't remeber the movie). Anyway, it made me remember the pains Sasikumar took to shoot his title card for Eesan. It went unnoticed, but in Udhayam's case, they never want to draw any attention even while showing the cell-phone trackings.

Siddharth tries to do what Madhavan did in RUN. His stiff looks and showing the sharpness in his body language is good. But that also becomes a big hinderness to his dialogue delivery. He looks sad. Why ? Ashrita is said to be 1 day minus 18 years, but her attitude is like a 10 years old. Maybe thats the unexplained characteristic of her character. Kay Kay introduces himself as a "macho" cop but in the 120 minutes runtime he truns into a "TOM" and a preacher.
Spl Mention : The guy who comes as the Cyber Crime assistant (who shouts SIR all the time) has acted in many short films (my favorite is "China Tea"). I think his name is Kali or Kalai. Happy that he has made it to the films too. All the best to him and he has immense skills to potray in the roles he accepts.

The climax is briliantly filmed. Some of the chases and the kidnapper who is a step ahead of the police is interesting. But over-sharpeness of Siddharat in the lines of Allu Arjun was a bit too much. GVP's "wake-up" music are too load. It does remind me of Bourne Identity theme. His forte in melody and soothing music is intact as there are parts where the lead pair fail to emote, the only grace being the music. Editing is top notch.

Udhayam NH4 - limited speed

Siv.S
23rd April 2013, 07:46 PM
mappi :thumbsup: Yes,Kali is his name.

mareen
24th April 2013, 11:14 PM
Watched this movie last week. Total waste... First half ok but second half total bore.

balaajee
25th April 2013, 10:54 AM
Ananda Vikatan- 41 mark

Mukzi
26th April 2013, 09:39 PM
same old story of by running away with girl.instead the movie location is highway.other than that mokkai.

balaajee
7th June 2013, 11:48 AM
50 Days