PDA

View Full Version : 90% of the Thread got truncated while saving after Editing

virarajendra
8th March 2013, 05:10 PM
Dear Administrator I opened a Thread titled "A Brief Study on the Kalabhra (Kalappirar) Period (A.D.476-506) of Tamil Nadu" and it became a lengthy Research Article with Evidences.

Today I added more information to same and pressed the SAVE Button. But the page got stuck and I pressed twice and then the original page showed but for my disappointment about 85% of my Thread Arcticle got truncated. I wonder how this happened.

At this unfortunate situation as I have not copied my own article from the Website and kept a copy for mysekf, I have virtually lost my Arcticle.

At this juncture I very kindly request your to advice whether Your Web Site has a back-up of all the Threads, and if so whether you could help me to retrieve and re-post same in your Website.

Awaiting your earliest advice as the Website reply or by E-Mail to my above E-Mail address.

Thanking you very much

Virarajendra

RAGHAVENDRA
9th March 2013, 10:12 AM
Dear Virarajendra
This happens occasionally or sometimes frequently. From my experience, I observed that such thing happens when innumerable submissions happen simultaneously and / or when servers face jam. And further to my observation I found that this happens mostly in the evenings IST, around 5 pm to 9 pm. Sometimes we have to submit again and again. If one or two line messages to be posted you can directly type them. But when you submit a long write-up, it is safe to prepare it in a text programme like MS Word, save it to your system and then copy the text and paste it and submit. This would be the safest way.