PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Indian Premier League - Season 6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Brianengab
19th May 2013, 06:47 PM
shabba mudila last 5 pages.. :fatigue:

thayavu seinju SRH innikku thothudangappaa...

ila'na pazhi namma mela'thaan vizhum... period..

ajaybaskar
19th May 2013, 07:41 PM
Its always tough to counter people whose arguments are illogical and language quite hard to understand.

Even if you take the current season, only deserving teams are in the playoffs. And now that you have made it clear that you hate CSK, I understand in your decision of not giving them credit.

And as rightly Cedy asked, why do you even follow a tournament which has more than few rotten apples. If. Dhonis and Sachins are to be doubted then so be Kohlis and Pujaras. Either believe in whole or don't believe any of them. Either you follow IPL or quit watching IPL.

And the name calling (Thorny,Sagin ) is highly irritating and does not sound funny at all. You need not respect someone who hasn't fought in Kargil but at least respect fellow hubbers who have high regards for them..

Dilbert
19th May 2013, 07:57 PM
Its always tough to counter people whose arguments are illogical and language quite hard to understand.

Even if you take the current season, only deserving teams are in the playoffs. And now that you have made it clear that you hate CSK, I understand in your decision of not giving them credit.

And as rightly Cedy asked, why do you even follow a tournament which has more than few rotten apples. If. Dhonis and Sachins are to be doubted then so be Kohlis and Pujaras. Either believe in whole or don't believe any of them. Either you follow IPL or quit watching IPL.

And the name calling (Thorny,Sagin ) is highly irritating and does not sound funny at all. You need not respect someone who hasn't fought in Kargil but at least respect fellow hubbers who have high regards for them..

I am saying it again , clean the system rather than asking handful of people to stop following the sport that's just lame. And fyi its been ages since I did follow this sport. your good luck and my bad luck I started following this season and here we are discussing same old shit again. :cry:

Tamil padam sentimental dialockuu?? Thony and Sagin (actual tamil speaking people pronounciation saar) just like Mahalakshimi = Magalatchumi !! Same yaa !! irritating yaa?
Its irritating for me that you GOLDEN HEARTED INNOCENT guys want to follow cricket blindly.. Respecting fellow hubbers, come on man. It has to be mutual !(I always admired and respected few and I will always continue )immaterial of thread(s). Rest are passing clouds..

ajaybaskar
19th May 2013, 10:32 PM
Mods,

A gangnam style dancing emoticon would be very much appreciated. May need it in another 30 min..

Dilbert
19th May 2013, 10:53 PM
Absolutely Ajay-- atleast this much I can do for my dear CSK fans !!

http://i39.tinypic.com/2vans46.gif

19thmay
19th May 2013, 10:54 PM
Mods,

A gangnam style dancing emoticon would be very much appreciated. May need it in another 30 min..

:RCB Provoking fans in a terrible mood:

venkkiram
19th May 2013, 10:58 PM
Patel's consistent contribution to SRH! :notworthy:

sathya_1979
19th May 2013, 10:59 PM
Yo SRH, dont mess up

venkkiram
19th May 2013, 10:59 PM
Vihari! Why there is a need to go offensive at this moment! Blender!

venkkiram
19th May 2013, 11:01 PM
Bat sensibly! Winning this crucial match stops RCB to poke its nose in play offs! It matters a lot!

venkkiram
19th May 2013, 11:08 PM
One more over from Abdulla will raise the RRR to 10! Self implosion!

CEDYBLUE
19th May 2013, 11:17 PM
All is well that ends well :) Well done Sammy :bow:

HonestRaj
19th May 2013, 11:17 PM
Arasan anru kolvaan, Dheivam ninru kollum!!!!!!!

Dilbert
19th May 2013, 11:18 PM
Sammy :clap: RCB :ashamed:

venkkiram
19th May 2013, 11:18 PM
நின்று கொல்லும் சாமி!

CEDYBLUE
19th May 2013, 11:20 PM
Ajay, let's bring on the dance moves :)

GSV
19th May 2013, 11:20 PM
Gambhir must be so happy..

Dilbert
19th May 2013, 11:21 PM
Now CSK fans Nayantara dance.. start !!

CEDYBLUE
19th May 2013, 11:21 PM
Gambhir must be so happy..

Yeah and apparently Kohli's early morning call seems to have made no impact on Gambhir :)

ajaybaskar
19th May 2013, 11:25 PM
Oooooooooo.... SRH winning mattered like a CSK win for me today.. :)

This is what happens when you don't believe in yourself and instead believe in Priyanka Chopra's prayers.. :lol2:

HonestRaj
19th May 2013, 11:26 PM
adhu edho customer care numbernu nenachu attend pannama vitruppan

Dilbert
19th May 2013, 11:31 PM
Oooooooooo.... SRH winning mattered like a CSK win for me today.. :)

This is what happens when you don't believe in yourself and instead believe in Priyanka Chopra's prayers.. :lol2:

AND here we were thinking CSK Fans are praying for KKR win today !! :cry: How could you ajay? How could you?? What a shock for us !! What a betrayal !! oh my gad!!

ajaybaskar
19th May 2013, 11:37 PM
Gambhir is as elated as Cameron White. :)

CEDYBLUE
19th May 2013, 11:40 PM
Gambhir is as elated as Cameron White. :)

Actually couldn't believe SRH has managed to stich together 10 wins with such limited resources...Never honestly thought they were good enough to come this far. But great team effort thus far...Steyn, Mishra, Patel, K Sharma, Perara, Dhawan and Sammy have all delivered.

Is it any use to have the orange, purple and red cap without a place in the playoffs? That does tell a story!

venkkiram
19th May 2013, 11:47 PM
AB's tweet!

Kohli's message to all RCB fans!

http://www.mid-day.com/imagedata/2012/jan/middle.jpg

CEDYBLUE
19th May 2013, 11:49 PM
Venki :rotfl:

GSV
19th May 2013, 11:54 PM
Let me be silly or whatever ... I must say this..

Though i hate hyderabad to the core and i never prayed them to win .. but today i wanted them to enter playoffs for sake of some satisfaction..

All credit goes to Dilbert and his hardwork through out the tournament..

PS: I am a fan of Sachin , Dhoni, Kohli and Chennai..

ajaybaskar
19th May 2013, 11:57 PM
GSV,

There is nothing to be ashamed and you are perfectly normal. And you have a good company here. :)

A rare occurance of CSK,MI,RR fans working towards one goal. Idhuvallavo ottrumai!!

GSV
19th May 2013, 11:59 PM
really feel sorry for Kohli.. for his IPL performance :thumbsup: but Hope these IPL matches taught you something other than cricket..

GSV
20th May 2013, 12:02 AM
Ajay.. :thumbsup:

GSV
20th May 2013, 12:07 AM
During presentation,

Gambhir : Want to congratulate Hyderabad for the way they played and got to the playoffs..

Enna oru villathanam ...

VinodKumar's
20th May 2013, 12:07 AM
The team had all the time inn world to comeback after that no ball match... Mutti kalandavan thaan medai konainae solllitu thirivaan....

ajaybaskar
20th May 2013, 12:08 AM
Cedy,

Either you should be consistent in winning at home or consistent winning away. SRH/MI/RR did the first one and CSK did the second one. So its fitting that they are in playoffs. Teams which lacked consistency had to pack their bags.

venkkiram
20th May 2013, 12:09 AM
When Kohli meets Ghamir, their dialogue would be "நான் முந்தினா நேக்கு!' நீ முந்தினா நோக்கு!"

CEDYBLUE
20th May 2013, 12:11 AM
Cedy,

Either you should be consistent in winning at home or consistent winning away. SRH/MI/RR did the first one and CSK did the second one. So its fitting that they are in playoffs. Teams which lacked consistency had to pack their bags.

Perfect!

venkkiram
20th May 2013, 12:11 AM
From twitter :

மல்லையா பாடுகிறார் - ஏர்லைன்ஸ் இழந்தோம். ஐபிஎல் இழந்தோம். சரக்கை இழக்கலாமா? டொய்ங் டொயிங்

ajaybaskar
20th May 2013, 12:23 AM
Problems of RCB..

IPL is a tournament played in Indian flat decks. Even after knowing that, they invested on buying too many pacers and didn't manage to pick a good spinner or decent local batsmen.

Too much reliance on Gayle and Kohli. I hardly remember a knockout match in which Gayle played well. Even yesterday, it was Kohli's innings that won them the match and not those 3 sixers of Gayle.

Put pressure on RCB and their fielding will start to wilt and their bowlers will bowl wayward lines.. Miller preyed on that weeks ago if you guys remember.

Dilbert
20th May 2013, 12:23 AM
Let me be silly or whatever ... I must say this..

Though i hate hyderabad to the core and i never prayed them to win .. but today i wanted them to enter playoffs for sake of some satisfaction..

All credit goes to Dilbert and his hardwork through out the tournament..

PS: I am a fan of Sachin , Dhoni, Kohli and Chennai..

You are not alone :GSV: In-laws are over the Moon !!:oops: -- Demanding Kohli Briyani from me what kind of sickening world we are living in ?

as if I said from day one RCB will enter playoff and they didn't make it. Njoy

More disturbing my dearest hyderabadi joined the party :shock:

Dilbert
20th May 2013, 12:26 AM
Problems of RCB..

IPL is a tournament played in Indian flat decks. Even after knowing that, they invested on buying too many pacers and didn't manage to pick a good spinner or decent local batsmen.

Too much reliance on Gayle and Kohli. I hardly remember a knockout match in which Gayle played well. Even yesterday, it was Kohli's innings that won them the match and not those 3 sixers of Gayle.

Put pressure on RCB and their fielding will start to wilt and their bowlers will bowl wayward lines.. Miller preyed on that weeks ago if you guys remember.

Yep even 300 is not enough with the current bowling attack.

Dilbert
20th May 2013, 12:30 AM
Atleast CSK fans will sleep with little peace today. After y'day nightmares. I am happy for them :)

Brianengab
20th May 2013, 12:40 AM
On the way to West Indies, Jus now got flight :lol:

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/537168_402002519914356_1690656234_n.jpg

littlemaster1982
20th May 2013, 09:38 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2ykhxjc.jpg

Kohli :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

RCB :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl3:

Dinesh84
20th May 2013, 11:05 AM
yeah! :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl3: :lol: :wave:

scorpio
20th May 2013, 11:17 AM
aadaatha aattamellam pOttavanga maNNukuLla pOna kadhai unakku theriyumaa? :redjump:

RCB- :wave: :wave:

Thankyou Kambhi :thumbsup:

Brianengab
20th May 2013, 11:18 AM
Dear Gayle,

Pls wait.. Pollard is on the way to join wit u on 25th may morning flight... :lol2:

Brianengab
20th May 2013, 11:20 AM

u should thank sammy.. :mrgreen:

scorpio
20th May 2013, 11:21 AM
3 of my favourite teams in the play offs :happydance: Cheaters Bambis being the lone exception :hammer:

Want a CSK Vs SRH final......Thamizhan Vs Thamizhan :pink:

ajaybaskar
20th May 2013, 11:26 AM
Thala Rasigare,

Even if MI lose tomorrow, Pollard doesn't have to catch the flight to WI immediately.. They still will have a chance.

Brianengab
20th May 2013, 11:29 AM
yeah...i edited..oru aarva kolaaru thaan...:???:

Dinesh84
20th May 2013, 11:34 AM
Ok, let me also put a list about my likes and dislikes of all teams in IPL

TeamLikesDislikes

CSK
Dhoni, Raina, Ashwin
Bravo

DD
Sehwag
-

KXIP
Preity Zinta :noteeth:
-

KKR
Narine, Balaji, Sourav's old team
Shahrukh, GG

MI
Sachin
Harbhajan, Ambaniyamma

PWI
Yuvi, Bhuvaneswar Kumar, Sourav's old team
-

RR
Dravid
Watson

RCB
Gayle, Kholi
Mallyas, RCB veriyargal

SH
Dhawan, Sammy
-

scorpio
20th May 2013, 11:40 AM
KXIP-la Piriyanga engerndhu vandhaanga? adhu Preity Zintaa ta ta taa...:lol:

Dinesh84
20th May 2013, 12:13 PM
^ :lol: ippa thavaritaen.. ini thavara maataen.. corrected

Brianengab
20th May 2013, 12:21 PM
i think u wrote bravo wrongly instead of vijay.. :lol2:

VinodKumar's
20th May 2013, 12:21 PM
Coming weekend mood ...

If CSK wins - :smokesmirk:

RR wins - :notworthy:

SRH wins - :clap:

MI - :sigh2:

VinodKumar's
20th May 2013, 12:24 PM
If in case no retain rule for next auction how many of you guys want Sachin to be picked for CSK ?? most of my sachin fan frnds are dreaming for that but they also want MSD to be not picked :irked: ...

Brianengab
20th May 2013, 12:26 PM
modha, next year sachin vilaiyaaduvaaraa ? :roll:

scorpio
20th May 2013, 12:39 PM
I dont think Sachin would opt to play for any franchise other than MI. Same goes to MSD-CSK as well.

scorpio
20th May 2013, 12:40 PM
modha, next year sachin vilaiyaaduvaaraa ? :roll:

Ambani mafia gang viLayada veppaanga...only then, they can fill the stadium. This is what irritates me, 'using' Sachin :angry:

Brianengab
20th May 2013, 12:44 PM
I dont think Sachin would opt to play for any franchise other than MI. Same goes to MSD-CSK as well.

even MSD & Raina would never think of jumping to other franchise ..
Srini wil retain them @ any cost.. :smile2:

ajaybaskar
20th May 2013, 12:48 PM
Sachin and Viru are still icon players in IPL. Arent they? Need to see if their status is revoked in the next auction.

Dinesh84
20th May 2013, 12:53 PM
i think u wrote bravo wrongly instead of vijay.. :lol2:
No no.. its Bravo.. avanum avan dance-um :x

ajaybaskar
20th May 2013, 12:54 PM
SRH did play much better cricket than Royal Cozy Boys , They deserve a place in playoffs..

More disturbing my dearest hyderabadi joined the party :shock:

Naan sariyaathaan vasikkirena?

ajaybaskar
20th May 2013, 01:07 PM
If CSK wins tomorrow's match,sunday's final would be their 100th IPL match.

Brianengab
20th May 2013, 01:11 PM
Sachin and Viru are still icon players in IPL. Arent they? Need to see if their status is revoked in the next auction.

ena irunthaalum, Ganguly'kku vantha nilamai yaarukkum vara koodathu...

-A Ganguly fan.. :(

VinodKumar's
20th May 2013, 01:21 PM

Athellam innum irruka ???

ajaybaskar
20th May 2013, 01:27 PM
No.. Valid only for the first 3 years. Just checked.

19thmay
20th May 2013, 11:01 PM
aadaatha aattamellam pOttavanga maNNukuLla pOna kadhai unakku theriyumaa? :redjump:

You should thank KXI ....

19thmay
20th May 2013, 11:03 PM
Ok, let me also put a list about my likes and dislikes of all teams in IPL

TeamLikesDislikes

CSK
Dhoni, Raina, Ashwin
Bravo

DD
Sehwag
-

KXIP
Preity Zinta :noteeth:
-

KKR
Narine, Balaji, Sourav's old team
Shahrukh, GG

MI
Sachin
Harbhajan, Ambaniyamma

PWI
Yuvi, Bhuvaneswar Kumar, Sourav's old team
-

RR
Dravid
Watson

RCB
Gayle, Kholi
Mallyas, RCB veriyargal

SH
Dhawan, Sammy
-

I will also add Murali Karthik to RCB dislikes. :angry2:

In fact common about Vijay - Dinesh Karthik - Murali Karthik is vetti bandha.

venkkiram
20th May 2013, 11:34 PM
My Prediction on Winning!

CSK vs MI -> MI
RR vs SRH -> SRH
CSK vs RR -> RR

Final MI vs SRH -> SRH

Brianengab
21st May 2013, 12:24 AM
My Prediction on Winning!

CSK vs MI -> MI
RR vs SRH -> SRH
CSK vs RR -> RR

Final MI vs SRH -> SRH

How...How..How ???

venkkiram
21st May 2013, 01:13 AM
How means? Am I wrong technically?

19thmay
21st May 2013, 01:24 AM
How...How..How ???

Ennaya prediction thaane panraaru? Adhuku how-na?

sathya_1979
21st May 2013, 01:50 AM
If SRH wins the match vs RR, RR will be out and SRH will play the eliminator match vs CSK. Venki's scenarios do not hold good.

rajeshkrv
21st May 2013, 02:29 AM

Well SAID

venkkiram
21st May 2013, 03:05 AM
If SRH wins the match vs RR, RR will be out and SRH will play the eliminator match vs CSK. Venki's scenarios do not hold good.

Got it... Thanks for clarification.

Brianengab
21st May 2013, 09:20 AM
Since RCB is out of the playoff stage, Hussey has a chance to be the top run scorer of the tournament...:)
same for most wkt taker.. if Bravo take two more wkts than Faulkner, he wil be the most wkt taker of the tournament.. :)
i think v r the topper in the FP point table...:???:
so cup mattum'thaan paakki....... :yes:

hamid
21st May 2013, 10:21 AM
I dont see CSK or MI lose two macthes in a row ( of course three if we count the last league game as well)... I predict finals to be a repeat of today's match..

Interestingly three out of the four teams come into playoff with a loss on their last game. :lol:shows how weak the other teams are :(
SRH doesnt have the required batting and seems to crumble under pressure of even thinking of winning... I dont see them make it further...RR seems above average, but they have it in them to beat either CSK or MI in this stage...CSK will handle pressure better than any other teams in this list followed by MI..Itz gonna be a CSK-MI finals with CSK wining the cup.. Ajay your predictions are gonna cme true :noteeth:

I personally would love to have a CSK-RR finals with CSK or RR winning the trophy.. :clap:

hamid
21st May 2013, 10:30 AM
Faulkner got 5 for twice against SRH right? and they face SRH in the playoffs.. so, dnt have much expectation on Purple cap..

I also like Bravo to get that.. but thats not fair... Faulkner deserves it more...

fairplay .. of course we are on the top.. if not we, who else? no one can replace us there... and Hussey will get the Orange cap very rightfully. What a cricketer he is.. . He deserves it more than anybody in the tournament followed by Kohli and Rohit..

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
21st May 2013, 10:33 AM
Big day for the lions. Can they repeat what happened in the eliminator last time. Fingers crossed !!

hamid
21st May 2013, 10:35 AM
It will be a different CSK on field today. the intent will be more and the right moves will be made.. I see few changes in the side and approach as well..

Holder wont play I suppose... Albie wil come in for chris... Nannes will replace Holder..Ashwin might open the bowling.. I can foresee Dhoni bring in some surprises and on top of the tactical play... will be a great match today... Rohit and Pollard can take the game away from us and hope Dhoni has some answers to that as well..

ajaybaskar
21st May 2013, 11:29 AM
Aren't purple,orange caps and Fairplay awards applicable only for league stages?

satissh_r
21st May 2013, 11:31 AM
Aren't purple,orange caps and Fairplay awards applicable only for league stages?

Don't think so, at least am sure for Purple and Orange caps..

hamid
21st May 2013, 11:32 AM
hmm. is it? but why?

hamid
21st May 2013, 11:37 AM
No.. at least Orange cap and Purple cap is for entire tournament.. check here for 2012 http://www.iplt20.com/stats/2012/most-runs
No Info on Fairplay available there :(

ajaybaskar
21st May 2013, 11:45 AM
Then ok. Hussey an Bravo are not far.

VinodKumar's
21st May 2013, 11:50 AM
I personally would love to have a CSK-RR finals with CSK or RR winning the trophy.. :clap:

Same here !!!

19thmay
21st May 2013, 12:34 PM
I dont see CSK or MI lose two macthes in a row ( of course three if we count the last league game as well)... I predict finals to be a repeat of today's match..

I dont like the play off logic at all... the top 2 gets another chance and last two need to win twice is a tougher equation. Personally I would like to see a mini league among the top 4 teams, the points should get summed up with the exsisting league points and the top 2 in that should go to finals

raajarasigan
21st May 2013, 12:54 PM
I dont like the play off logic at all... the top 2 gets another chance and last two need to win twice is a tougher equation..This makes sense right.. teams which are consistent in the league should have an added advantage. I may prefer to have Best of 3 finals for such a long tourney..

Brianengab
21st May 2013, 01:03 PM
This makes sense right.. teams which are consistent in the league should have an added advantage. I may prefer to have Best of 3 finals for such a long tourney..

+1...bt it wont sense bcos the final 2 teams which already played 2 times face to face in the league..so it wil reduce the interest to watch the same teams facing every time..

tats y they added Eliminator round along with Q2...It is more suited than 'Best of 3 finals'

GSV
21st May 2013, 06:28 PM
All the best to sachin and chennai for today's match..

Dinesh84
21st May 2013, 07:07 PM
PWI pulls out of IPL (http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/55609/pune-withdraws-from-indian-t20-league)

venkkiram
21st May 2013, 07:26 PM
Dinesh Karthik! All the best!

SoftSword
21st May 2013, 07:46 PM
lol... andha levelku poyachaa??

csk batting first...
for them to win the trophy, i want them to lose this game...
inga win panna anga puttukkuvaanga...

sachin not playing :(

venkkiram
21st May 2013, 07:53 PM
Today its going to be MJ and LM day! MJ would destruct CSK during initial overs and LM is good at death overs.

SoftSword
21st May 2013, 07:53 PM
hope to see badhrinath in the middle today!

venkkiram
21st May 2013, 07:56 PM
hope to see badhrinath in the middle today! Yes. Let him resume his learning in this season!

venkkiram
21st May 2013, 08:00 PM
Let us start!

satissh_r
21st May 2013, 08:19 PM
Softs, enaku kuda munnadi ivar mela doubt irunthuchu, ippo confirm panniten ivar nammaluthan.. chumma jinx panni win panna veikirar

venkkiram
21st May 2013, 08:22 PM
Softs, enaku kuda munnadi ivar mela doubt irunthuchu, ippo confirm panniten ivar nammaluthan.. chumma jinx panni win panna veikirar Look at Harby's excellent first over! Just 2 runs!

SoftSword
21st May 2013, 08:23 PM
well done harbi... but don comeback for the second :| u r jinxed..

venkkiram
21st May 2013, 08:25 PM
CSK will score 140+ in 20 overs and MI will chase it in less than 15 overs!

SoftSword
21st May 2013, 08:36 PM
vijayahassan gone!

hamid
21st May 2013, 08:37 PM
Will not score more than 180nu jinx panna paravalla...140lam oru scorea?

Vijay ...thanks ba....nee kelambu...

venkkiram
21st May 2013, 08:39 PM

Vijay ...thanks ba....nee kelambu... Slinga secong spell bowling-la 140 edukkiRathe periya vishayam!

SoftSword
21st May 2013, 08:44 PM

Vijay ...thanks ba....nee kelambu...

jinx'nu vandhuttaa...
btw hamid, 180 also falls under 140+... anga vechaaru paarunga twistu.

SoftSword
21st May 2013, 09:02 PM
adei raina... final'ku konjam vittu vaidaa...

venkkiram
21st May 2013, 09:05 PM
Malinga starts with a yorker. Athu!

SoftSword
21st May 2013, 09:07 PM
oh en areakkulla vandhu adichuttiyaa... appo en veettukku vandhu adichuppaarraa!!

vanchi
21st May 2013, 09:09 PM
rainaaaa:smokesmirk:
4000 runs in IPL superbu,
eppothum pola mr consistent :)

littlemaster1982
21st May 2013, 09:41 PM
Today its going to be MJ and LM day! MJ would destruct CSK during initial overs and LM is good at death overs.

Slinga secong spell bowling-la 140 edukkiRathe periya vishayam!

Malinga starts with a yorker. Athu!

Enna oru jinxing :shock:

MI :cry:

SoftSword
21st May 2013, 09:41 PM
reg malinga for death overs:

enga ooru pottiya open pannattum appo theriyum...

adei... unga oorla dhaanda naanga kalla Ottae kutthunom...

svaisn
21st May 2013, 09:42 PM

:lol: still u have the chance.... 5 overs... 50+ runs than remaining :lol:

vanchi
21st May 2013, 09:42 PM
192 :-D

raina 82 and hussey 86 :notworthy:
sema sulukku etuthachu.

SoftSword
21st May 2013, 09:43 PM
this hussey is :notworthy:

hamid
21st May 2013, 09:50 PM
What a previlege to watch this batting :notworthy:

vanchi
21st May 2013, 09:50 PM
orange cap is husseysss:smokesmile:

venkkiram
21st May 2013, 09:52 PM

இதுக்கே மனச தளர விட்டா எப்படி! இப்ப பாருங்க.. அடிக்கிற அடியில கீப்பர் தோனியின் காது ஜவ்வு கிழியப் போகுது!

venkkiram
21st May 2013, 09:59 PM
ஹஸி - ரெய்னா ரெண்டு பேரும் சேர்ந்து அடிச்ச ஏழு சிக்சுகளை மும்பை அணியில் ஒருவரே அடிக்கப் போகிறார். பொறுத்திருந்து கண்டுகளிக்கவும்.

SoftSword
21st May 2013, 10:00 PM
yappaa.... idhu olaga nadippudaa saami...

vanchi
21st May 2013, 10:05 PM
pirst wket:yes:

venkkiram
21st May 2013, 10:05 PM
Tare Chinna Jameen out-aa! Thanks for letting our master blaster Dinesh in!

vanchi
21st May 2013, 10:08 PM
Tare Chinna Jameen out-aa! Thanks for letting our master blaster Dinesh in!:lol:

hamid
21st May 2013, 10:31 PM
Smith pinraan :shaking:

vanchi
21st May 2013, 10:39 PM
smith gone
sir at work:mrgreen:

venkkiram
21st May 2013, 10:44 PM
Easy easy MI !

100 runs in 70 balls. Easily achievable!

hamid
21st May 2013, 10:49 PM
Cheater KD :sigh2: he claimed a bump catch too some time back...

littlemaster1982
21st May 2013, 10:51 PM
Easy easy MI !

100 runs in 70 balls. Easily achievable!

Ungalai temporary-a ban pannalam-nu irukken :evil:

HonestRaj
21st May 2013, 10:53 PM

LM'na adhu neengathannu nenachutten... Malinga'va :lol:

hamid
21st May 2013, 10:53 PM
:smokesmirk:

vanchi
21st May 2013, 10:54 PM
rohit gone.:shoot:

HonestRaj
21st May 2013, 10:54 PM
saw from 3rd over till the end of CSK's batting... classic stuff from both Hussey & Raina..
adhuvum final overs'la oru sweep six .. behind the keeper..... dhool!!!!!

littlemaster1982
21st May 2013, 10:55 PM
LM'na adhu neengathannu nenachutten... Malinga'va :lol:

Naanum mudhalla kuzhambitten :lol:

venkkiram
21st May 2013, 10:58 PM
Ungalai temporary-a ban pannalam-nu irukken :evil: 100 runs in 70 balls ( 8 wkts in hand at that time) - easy achievable இல்லன்னா, நீங்க BAN செய்யவேண்டியது என்னையல்ல.. மும்பை அணியை.

littlemaster1982
21st May 2013, 11:01 PM
100 runs in 70 balls ( 8 wkts in hand at that time) - easy achievable இல்லன்னா, நீங்க BAN செய்யவேண்டியது என்னையல்ல.. மும்பை அணியை.

Your continuous jinxing undid Mumbai :cry:

vanchi
21st May 2013, 11:06 PM
pollard gone :victory:

venkkiram
21st May 2013, 11:09 PM
அம்பட்டி இருக்க பயமேன்!

HonestRaj
21st May 2013, 11:10 PM
avaru enna malayoor mambattiyaana...

HonestRaj
21st May 2013, 11:12 PM
Rohit placed 2 fielders.. close to each other.. harbhajan & pollard.. adhu enna position (point'ah?) ... Raina'nu ninaikkiren.. sariya alaveduthu centre'la cut panna madhiri oru 4.. :clap: super shot..

svaisn
21st May 2013, 11:12 PM
அம்பட்டி இருக்க பயமேன்!

aanalum kadaisi varaikkum manam thalara erukura ungala paaratii... periya parisu tharalaam.....

HonestRaj
21st May 2013, 11:14 PM
idhukku mela MI jeikkava poranga.. mudinja indha post'i jinx pannunga parkkalam

vanchi
21st May 2013, 11:21 PM
pressure is on csk-- rohit
msd iyya enna sonninga:froggrin:

vanchi
21st May 2013, 11:22 PM
stupendous catch from Raina:notworthy::notworthy:

venkkiram
21st May 2013, 11:25 PM
idhukku mela MI jeikkava poranga.. mudinja indha post'i jinx pannunga parkkalam என்னதான் சொன்னாலும் விரட்டிப் புடிக்கையில் எழுபத்தொன்பது ரன்களில் தட்டுத் தடுமாறி ஆல் அவுட்டான டீம்தானே! இன்னைக்கு முடியவேண்டிய கதை இப்போது கடைசி ஆட்டம் வரை நீண்டு இருக்கிறது. அம்புடுதேன்!

vanchi
21st May 2013, 11:26 PM
nng goyalla. trouser kilachachu:smokesmirk::victory::victory:

svaisn
21st May 2013, 11:27 PM
Iyyooo Iyooo..... Indha Ranagalathuleyum ippadi ellam solla thonuthu paarunga :lol:

Athukku innum MI oru match jaikanum...

CSK.... WHISTLE PODU :clap:

HonestRaj
21st May 2013, 11:29 PM
chennai super kingsukku periya whistle podunga...

:mrgreen:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/935336_521388554587830_738353177_n.jpg

svaisn
என்னதான் சொன்னாலும் விரட்டிப் புடிக்கையில் எழுபத்தொன்பது ரன்களில் தட்டுத் தடுமாறி ஆல் அவுட்டான டீம்தானே! இன்னைக்கு முடியவேண்டிய கதை இப்போது கடைசி ஆட்டம் வரை நீண்டு இருக்கிறது. அம்புடுதேன்!

Naan 8th passne... neenga 10th failne... antha kathai than

vanchi
brilliant and commanding win :cheer:

vanchi
21st May 2013, 11:31 PM
orange for huseey
purple for bravo
fair play already ithuthanda csk:smokesmile:

HonestRaj
21st May 2013, 11:31 PM
என்னதான் சொன்னாலும் விரட்டிப் புடிக்கையில் எழுபத்தொன்பது ரன்களில் தட்டுத் தடுமாறி ஆல் அவுட்டான டீம்தானே! இன்னைக்கு முடியவேண்டிய கதை இப்போது கடைசி ஆட்டம் வரை நீண்டு இருக்கிறது. அம்புடுதேன்!

oruthar ennadanna enna irundhalum 8 over match'la nangathan jeichomnu maar thatturar.. neenga ippadi solreenga..

hamid
21st May 2013, 11:35 PM
Complete team effort and comprehensive win.....

hamid
21st May 2013, 11:38 PM
Well said Sidhu..on Dhoni

"He is the best among the rest" :yes:

ajaybaskar
21st May 2013, 11:51 PM
Excellent batting by Raina and Hussey. Selectors did the right thing by giving MOM to Hussey over Raina. He held forte at one end and that gave Raina the freedom to go after the bowling.

Hamid Bhai,

Mission 1 accomplished. :)

ajaybaskar
21st May 2013, 11:53 PM
And good innings from Smith. He singlehandedly was taking MI towards the line. But after his fall, CSK showed why they are big match players.

ajaybaskar
22nd May 2013, 12:02 AM
Konja pera indha pakkame kaanom?

ajaybaskar
22nd May 2013, 12:12 AM
Pls to read my siggy, the one I havent changed for quite a while. :)

hamid
22nd May 2013, 12:26 AM
Yes Ajay...theliya vachi theliya vachi adippom

Brianengab
22nd May 2013, 12:30 AM
wt a fabulous evening... Raina nd Hussey.. :bow:

so finally Purple nd Orange cap wit us in a single match...

Now it s Rajastan turn to tuvaiching MI after winning against SRH...

Final match is betn. CSK vs RR... :yes:

CEDYBLUE
22nd May 2013, 05:57 AM
Missed the whole match yesterday :(
But looks like a commanding performance :bow:
One more to go!

scorpio
22nd May 2013, 09:49 AM
namma namma Chennai :redjump:
namma namma CSK :bluejump:
whistle pOdu :cheer:

CSK gave wrong hopes to Bambis and its fans by that 79 all out and thrashed them when it mattered the most :rotfl2:

Where is LM ? :noteeth:

ajaybaskar
22nd May 2013, 12:06 PM
More than anything else what impressed me the most is the manner in which CSK paced their innings. It was a good toss to win and right from ball one, there was so much positive energy in the batting. They hardly took any chances and when they took, it was calculated. The sweep/scooped six off Malinga by Hussey was a delight to watch. No other team has tamed MI bowling attack at the death than CSK. That 79 all out being an exception.

Wish they go the same way in the finals too. Eden may not be a batting paradise like Kotla but our attack will suit the pitch well. Being the 100 IPL match for CSK, I expect nothing less than a win on Sunday.

hamid
22nd May 2013, 12:28 PM
Yeah...weel said.. the positive intent and the attitude " I know how to wn big matches" are there... the energy in the field was awesome.. Raina.. what a catch... and his brutal batting.. as MS rightly said, Raina gave the momentum to the batting and that helped Hussey... Huss...what a player.. a real treat to watch..

The overall joyous atmosphere and the positive energy and the self belief.standing up at important situations.. are the hallmark of CSK.. None can beat them at that.. chanceless :notworthy: Proud to be a CSK Fan..

As someone said before.. CSK.. Fan's Pride, Opponent's Envy.....

hamid
22nd May 2013, 12:40 PM
MI were 30+ runs ahead on the mid way stage and still ended up 48 runs short.. :rotfl2:

During our batting they never looked like threatening...The batting was calculated nad decisive.. not throwing your bat at everything...thats what makes it special.. see the scoring charts too.. first ten overs... 6 to 10 runs every over.. and after that 12-15 ever over.. so consistent...

many lovely moments during yesterdays match...

Raina's six on the off side... Huss six off Malings.. Raina's six too, his running catch.. Morris's smile after the catch, Dhoni's little celebration after dismissin gpollard, Raina asking Pollard, "What?"... everything was lovely and had one word written on everything.."DOMINATION"

raajarasigan
22nd May 2013, 12:49 PM
from next season onwards, modhalliyE andha pathinAlAvathu (final) kelviya kEttingaNNa pathu kodi roobaya vAngittu ipdiyE pOidivOm...

hamid
22nd May 2013, 12:50 PM
One tweet I saw y'day..

CSK (after 1st league loss againt MI) : onnu
CSK(after 2nd) : rendu
MI : enada ennura?

CSK : Thiruppi kodukkanum illa :lol2:

ajaybaskar
22nd May 2013, 01:07 PM
Next year, I don't know how many existing players will be retained. Even the core group may change. But this current team is one of the best TEAMS. Reminiscent of the mighty Aussies of 90s and early 2000s. Even the replacements and uncapped players have done their part. Jakati,Mohit,Holder. People hardly knew these guys before the IPL. And now they themselves are a brand.

I don't know the climax of the story/outcome of the final. But all I can say is that if someone else has to lay their hands on the trophy, they have to play out of their skins.

19thmay
22nd May 2013, 03:23 PM
Chennai - MI-ya beat panniducha?

Aduthu SRH will beat RR,MI and reach the finals-aam. They will beat CSK in the finals and will grab the championship..yena Maran fix pannitaaram. Office-la pEsikiraanga :lol:

littlemaster1982
22nd May 2013, 03:24 PM
Where is LM ? :noteeth:

Semi finals-la thothaalum naanga finals vandhu jeyippom 8-)

SoftSword
22nd May 2013, 03:38 PM
Well said Sidhu..on Dhoni

"He is the best among the rest" :yes:

confusing statement no??

rest means the people excluding dhoni in this context right??
hence, dhoni is not in that pool of rest...
then how can he be among them??
sariyaa varalayae...

or does he mean the rest as the people excluding some other great player(sachin maybe)
then dhoni will be in that pool.. and one among them..
and he is the best of them...
idhu dhaane sariyaa varudhu...

so wat did sidhu mean?

SoftSword
22nd May 2013, 03:38 PM

indha fixture process theriyaama palamurai gilliya elli nagaiyaadittenae...

CEDYBLUE
22nd May 2013, 03:42 PM
confusing statement no??

sariyaa varalayae...

or does he mean the rest as the people excluding some other great player(sachin maybe)

so wat did sidhu mean?

Its often better to let Sidhu talk what ALL he wants and just leave it there :)

VinodKumar's
22nd May 2013, 04:00 PM
Its often better to let Sidhu talk what ALL he wants and just leave it there :)

:rotfl:

VinodKumar's
22nd May 2013, 04:02 PM
indha fixture process theriyaama palamurai gilliya elli nagaiyaadittenae...

Nethiku addinathu semi finals kediyaathu ...

VinodKumar's
22nd May 2013, 04:15 PM

Aduthu SRH will beat RR,MI and reach the finals-aam. They will beat CSK in the finals and will grab the championship..yena Maran fix pannitaaram. Office-la pEsikiraanga :lol:

How does people think that eniter team can be fixed and results can be scripted as they want ( For ex : Seeni mama) ??? KAdaisi ball-la six adichi jeyikanumnu script panni vacha kandipa batsman adichuruvaana six ?? Players can be fixed but not entire team and it is impossible to script a big tournmanet like this as they think.

leave Indian players What would foriegn players think about India/BCCI/team owners when someone from team management ask them to play badly or play to the script or whatever ??

Ithellam ketta athellam panna mudiyum-nu solluraanga. seri nu innum konjam yerangi poi yenda seeni mama kitta kaasu vaangitu veladura aalukellam fans ah irukinga nu ketta neenga umpire ah fix panniringa nu solluraanga :lol:. Pala golmaal-gal nadakum aana match result is not easy to fix.

hamid
22nd May 2013, 04:40 PM
confusing statement no??

sariyaa varalayae...

so wat did sidhu mean?

anne...unga kaal enga irukku? :lol:

he meant he is the best T20 player/captain among all thsoe who play IPL... melum vibarankalukku Siddhu@pazamozhi.com-ai thodarbu kollavum...

CEDYBLUE
22nd May 2013, 05:59 PM
How does people think that eniter team can be fixed and results can be scripted as they want ( For ex : Seeni mama) ??? KAdaisi ball-la six adichi jeyikanumnu script panni vacha kandipa batsman adichuruvaana six ?? Players can be fixed but not entire team and it is impossible to script a big tournmanet like this as they think.

leave Indian players What would foriegn players think about India/BCCI/team owners when someone from team management ask them to play badly or play to the script or whatever ??

Ithellam ketta athellam panna mudiyum-nu solluraanga. seri nu innum konjam yerangi poi yenda seeni mama kitta kaasu vaangitu veladura aalukellam fans ah irukinga nu ketta neenga umpire ah fix panniringa nu solluraanga :lol:. Pala golmaal-gal nadakum aana match result is not easy to fix.

Summed up well, I think.

When match fixing (not spot fixing) first came into limelight in the late 1990's and the early half of the 2000, it was widely believed that there were reasons to believe that results have been tampered with by predominantly Asian players and the most abused region in this regard was Dubai/Sharjah.

Even when the likes of Cronje (the biggest scapegoat), Azharuddin (IMHO, the biggest Indian Culprit) and Salim Malik (the legendary fixer/bookie) and countless other Pakistani players were doing the rounds, there were widespread belief that if there is a match played between 2 countries, players from one team might be influenced to underplay (correct me if I am wrong). Cronje's statement in the King's commission also points to this.

Adding to that, even if one team is influenced by bookies, not all players fall in line or agree to be part of the sin. Again Cronje's statement bears testimony to this. More important argument here is, while Azhar, Jadeja, Prabhakar and Mongia were seen as culprits, the silver lining for Indian Cricket is that we believed players such as Sachin (Lele's assertion, not needed at all), Kumble, Dravid and Ganguly were all flawless and honest cricketers in this regard. Infact, the trust we had in players like Sachin was one of the main reasons why Cricket in India survived the Fixing Saga and was able to quickly reinstore interest among public.

These very players viz., Sachin, Dravid, Dada, Kumble, Laxman have all played/playing in the IPL and how can we take the reverse course now? As Vinod, rightly points out, the BCCI and IPL are not angels/products of angels, but every popular sporting body/sport in any country have had their share of grey shades.

Now if making players from one team, all of them to fall in-line with an Fixing scenario is a challenge, how is that a possibility in a multi-cultural and widely-covered tournament like IPL?

I am not even talking of a 'Script' scenario here at all.

Srimannarayanan
22nd May 2013, 06:50 PM

+1. We will win this time.

Sachin will not play IPL from next year. We dont have to support MI just for Sachin.

CEDYBLUE
22nd May 2013, 08:11 PM
Good Interview by the Man who is in the forefront of it all. Lot of his answers make a lot of sense.

BCCI should maintain better vigil'

Delhi Police commissioner Neeraj Kumar is positive that cricket can fight corruption, but says for that to happen the BCCI and police need to join hands
Nagraj Gollapudi

May 22, 2013

Delhi Police commissioner Neeraj Kumar, who played a key part in the arrest of the three Rajasthan Royals players, is an avid cricket fan. However, after pursuing the spot-fixing case, he admits he will not watch the IPL anymore. That is one of the views Kumar shared in an interview with ESPNcricinfo.

Nearly a week after having taken the three players into custody, how strong do you think your case is against them?
It is quite solid. Our evidence material, it is substantial, and I am quite hopeful that we would be able to get convictions against the accused. The fact of the matter is they cannot deny what they have said on the telephone and they cannot deny the sequence of events. So in the face of the overwhelming evidence we have, they have no option but to accept (the charges).

There are also reports coming out that some more players might be involved from other teams. Is that true?
That is a distinct possibility provided we find the bookie we are looking for. We think through that bookie these other players might have been compromised.

A lot of legal pundits have said the absence of any specific law dealing with cheating in sport will help the accused walk free. Do you agree?
I do not think so. The management of Rajasthan Royals has come forward and given us the contracts signed by these three players. So we added an additional charge under the IPC Section 409 for criminal breach of trust. Anyone who goes to watch a match, he goes under the presumption everybody would play to full potential. The spectators otherwise feel cheated if that is not case. Two spectators from Delhi have come forward to lodge a complaint of being cheated. They had bought tickets online for the three matches we had listed being under the scanner. So these two would be our witnesses.

By charging the cricketers under Section 409, do you believe this is a way to set a precedent in terms of dealing with fraud in sport?
I guess in the future people will use this Section. We had originally filed the case under Sections 420 and 120(b) and the Royals complaint came subsequently, and has further strengthened our case.

Moving to a broader question: How can cricket be cleaned up?
From our point of view we should be able to get as many of these bookies as possible, as many of these middlemen behind bars, and identify players and go after them. That is all we can do. The general tendency in the police is to just restrict yourself to the case and wrap it up before moving on to the next case. But so many leads crop up during an investigation and our duty to follow those leads to the logical end. The rest of the things should be done by the administrators.

What is the role would you expect the BCCI to play as the custodian of the sport in India?
I am not familiar with their working in terms of what they can and cannot do. But suffice to say that they should maintain better vigil. Most of this stuff happens quite openly: people are seen sitting with undesirable people and people do come to know about some strangers meeting somebody. So they have the list of the suspects, they should go after them.

In order to beef up its anti-corruption measures, can the BCCI work in collaboration with law enforcement authorities? Is that practical or possible?
Why not? If they tip us off, the police can keep them under surveillance. The BCCI's anti-corruption and security wing does not have police powers so to that extent they have to work within certain limitations.

The BCCI has instituted its own inquiry committee to establish match-fixing chargers against the three accused. Are you willing to share evidence with that panel be?
At an appropriate time and with the prior permission of the court, we would be willing to share information with the committee.

Are you taking help of any former Test cricketers as part of investigations?
We are trying to get the services of an expert who will be our witness. He can explain to the court the various pros and cons of a certain field arrangement at a certain point during the match. For instance, there was an over [Ajit] Chandila bowled on May 5 in Jaipur and there is no fielder on the leg side, but he was pitching on the leg side. But my saying so will not hold much weight in the court of law. However, if a former player who is nominated by the BCCI or government comes forward and is willing to be a witness, it will enhance our case. We are talking to the BCCI but I would not like to take any names till it is finalised.

Can cricket ever be corruption free?
It would not be fair to say corruption is a rule and honesty an exception. There are a few rotten eggs, which should be spotted and be weeded out. I am a cricket fan, too. I was distressed and anguished when I announced the arrest of the three players. But I have stopped watching IPL this year. I have lost interest.

Did you have any similar information of such stuff happening in the previous editions of the IPL?
We used to hear, but that was in the realm of rumour.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2013/content/story/637203.html

venkkiram
22nd May 2013, 08:27 PM
If SRH bats for all 20 overs and puts a total of 140+, great opportunity to win this match by their consistent bowling.

venkkiram
22nd May 2013, 09:15 PM
Great going by Rajasthan. Never really allowing Hyderabad to be free at any point.

Srimannarayanan
22nd May 2013, 10:25 PM
Great going by Rajasthan. Never really allowing Hyderabad to be free at any point.

Who is your favorite? SRH or RR or KKR?

i see you supporting KKR,SRH and RR. So asked.

Srimannarayanan
22nd May 2013, 10:38 PM
SRH is rocking

venkkiram
22nd May 2013, 11:18 PM
SRH may end up messing up with the choice of bowlers at death overs like they way they did before! Fingers crossed!

venkkiram
22nd May 2013, 11:35 PM
Pity on SRH! They tried hard but with the low score on the board, they can't expect their magic in bowling continues to help!

Dinesh84
22nd May 2013, 11:35 PM
Well played SRH :clap:
All the best RR for your next match :thumbsup:

venkkiram
22nd May 2013, 11:37 PM
RR really need miracles to win the qualifier 2! With this caliber, MI can choke them easily! Anyway all the best for RR!

HonestRaj
23rd May 2013, 01:22 AM

veliye poyittangale...
Ambani than periya kodeeswarar..

19thmay
23rd May 2013, 09:24 AM
:lol: Indha fix velila leak-aanona, result-a maathitaainga pola!

Hodge :bow: Great knock, though I feel sorry for Sammy!

scorpio
23rd May 2013, 11:28 AM
RR :clap: good win but I really doubt if they can beat the Bambis in the next game. Bambi mafia is too powerful to lose 2 in a row.

namma pasangaLukku too long a gap aagi pOchu :roll:

ajaybaskar
23rd May 2013, 12:20 PM
Namma pasanga had the same gap in 2011 and went to final without any gap in 2012.

JamesFague
23rd May 2013, 01:06 PM
It is all dependable on Mr Cricket for CSK to lift the cup once again.

hamid
23rd May 2013, 01:14 PM
Yeah.. I dont think RR has the power to beat MI.. SRH stands a better chance with their bowling to crumble MI..
But who knows.. Watson can have the final say over Pollard... :noteeth: I would love if that happens..

I am somewhat confident we can beat MI in finals.. Many things will play in their mind.. never won a game against CSK in playoff, the loss at the last matcha fter in dominant position etc etc... and CSK's abiity to handle pressure...
not the same with RR.. they wont have that much pressure on them and I feel they can surprise us on the finals... Dravid lifting the cup after all these fixing issues.. would be a fairy tale end too...

so very interesting macthes ahead...

scorpio
23rd May 2013, 02:14 PM
Qual 2 is at the Eden and RR don't have any frontline spinners :-( Dei Chandila :hammer: :hammer:

Indha Hodge, Watson moonji-llaam pidikkavE pidikakadhu....but wish they both fire in the next game.

venkkiram
23rd May 2013, 04:35 PM
If MI bats first, they will win against any team(RR/CSK).

19thmay
23rd May 2013, 05:36 PM
Mumbai police in Chennai operations

The IPL crisis took a twist today with officials of the Mumbai Police reaching the house of Gurunath Meiyappan, chief executive of the Chennai Super Kings. Meiyappan is the son-in-law of BCCI president N Srinivasan, whose company India Cements owns the Super Kings franchise.

It was not immediately clear why they were there, and there has been no official statement by either the police or the franchise.

However, CNN-IBN quoted Mumbai's joint commissioner of police Himanshu Roy as saying that Meiyappan had been summoned for questioning in connection with betting and asked to appear before the Crime Branch in Mumbai between 11 am and 5 pm on Friday. The summons had been affixed to the door of Meiyappan's Chennai residence and been served to, and accepted by, a manager at the Super Kings office.

The news follows reports circulating in the Indian media since Tuesday on the proximity of Virender "Vindoo" Dara Singh, who was arrested that day in Mumbai for links with bookies, to the Super Kings franchise. Those reports, which included pictures of Vindoo watching IPL matches in the company of Super Kings captain MS Dhoni's wife, have not been denied in the 48 hours since.

The police crackdown on bookies continued in other parts of the country. In Kolkata, ten people, including one bookie, were arrested for being allegedly involved in cricket betting. "We have arrested 10 people, including a bookie last night. We are investigating the case. They will be produced before a court today [Friday]," deputy commissioner Santosh Pandey told PTI.

Initial investigations said they had betted on a match between Mumbai Indians and Super Kings.

venkkiram
23rd May 2013, 05:57 PM
Meiyyappan meyyaalume guilty-aa? If proved, will they ban CSK team? :)

HonestRaj
23rd May 2013, 06:00 PM
ippathan naama padathoda mukkiyamana kattathukku nerungi irukkom... ini climax than

HonestRaj
23rd May 2013, 06:00 PM
Meiyyappan meyyaalume guilty-aa? If proved, will they ban CSK team? :)

moththa IPL'aiyum ban panna vendiyadhuthan...

ajaybaskar
23rd May 2013, 06:03 PM
Vindoo has claimed that he knew Gurunath as a friend and Guru knew nothing much about cricket in spite of being CSK principal. He has claimed that their telephonic conversations were nothing more than friendly chats. Even the Mumbai police have claimed that no fixing allegations have been raised on Guru.

CEDYBLUE
23rd May 2013, 06:20 PM
One should watch Times Now news to see how they are sensationalizing the whole Gurunath Meyyapan saga :sigh2:. Comparitively the likes of NDTV and CNN-IBN are giving just the attention the issue deserves.

ajaybaskar
23rd May 2013, 08:54 PM
Adhuvum andha speaker vaayan Arnab ennamo Spectrum,Coalgatekellam Gurunathum Sriniyumthaan karanamgra maadhiri pesuvaan. :)

HonestRaj
23rd May 2013, 09:16 PM
Guru knew nothing much about cricket in spite of being CSK principal

idhu konjam over'u

ajaybaskar
23rd May 2013, 09:38 PM
Vindoo's statement. not mine. :)

HonestRaj
23rd May 2013, 10:17 PM
vindoo'va than solren

VinodKumar's
24th May 2013, 11:04 AM
Anit-CSKians are waiting desperately for Meiyyappan proved guilty. Avangaloda 6 varusha mana aluthatha / varuthatha theerka itha vitta vera vazhi illaenu nenaikiraanga :)>

CEDYBLUE
24th May 2013, 11:11 AM
and these Northern Zone news channels are no different......Arnab.........abba., :banghead:

CEDYBLUE
24th May 2013, 11:32 AM
Geoffrey Boycott!

But I don’t think people are stupid enough to say, ‘Hey, this is all the IPL.’ If somebody robs a bank in Yorkshire, it doesn’t mean Yorkshiremen are corrupt, does it? It’s the same here,” he said.

“It doesn’t mean because you’ve caught three or four people doing this stuff... there might be two or three more who might come out of the woodwork when we get into it, but it doesn’t mean everybody in the IPL are (corrupt). You can’t taint everybody because of the few. You can’t do that".

Dinesh84
24th May 2013, 11:54 AM
Arnab .. yabba.. over ah jambaraan.. ennamo India ku sudhandiram vaangi kuduththa maadhiri..

scorpio
24th May 2013, 11:57 AM
Vindoo now says he was close to Kohls & Bhajji :roll:

Media making hay without any evidence :hammer:

Dinesh84
24th May 2013, 12:17 PM
:exactly: adhuvum Srini, Gurunath, CSK appadina indha North Indian media-ku oru thani interest. There is not even a single NI channels which seem to be sensible.

CEDYBLUE
24th May 2013, 12:19 PM
People like Arnab was yesterday accusing the Cricketing authorities of exploiting all cricket fans of India. Might very well be true.

But by senseless sensationalizing of any news without any concrete evidence, what are these media houses and journalists like Arnab doing to common people of India? It's pretty much the same.

Sometimes, relentless media pressure might force all concerned to bring out the absolute truth. But jumping on to conclusions without any concrete evidence is not doing any good to the person-in-question or the investigation or the common people. Will Arnab apologize to the concerned person or the people of India, if the charges are cleared by the Law?

Amidst all these games between the governing body, players, bookies, police and the media, the plight of an average cricket fan is sorry-worthy.

Brianengab
24th May 2013, 12:21 PM
Nw police is revealing tat Guru did betting since 2011 ... nd it s around Rs . 1 cr.. :shock:

is it true ???

CEDYBLUE
24th May 2013, 12:25 PM
Police 'sources' have been revealing quite a lot to these media channels and except for the charges on the 3 players and the 15 odd bookies, as confirmed by the Delhi and Mumbai police, nothing is official.

Vindoo has been arrested and the police have found that he was in touch with Gurunath Meyyapan. To clear the air, the police has summoned Guru. The story ends there. Everything else is speculation based on information gathered by the media houses from 'sources'.

There should be a strict law prohibiting these 'sources' from leaking information to media, if what the media says is true. These 'sources' should be treated as culprits.

Everybody wants a piece of credit. If the detailed briefing of the Delhi commissioner was noteworthy, then we had a pretty dramatic and quite senseless 'media conference' from the Mumbai commissioner. Now there seems to be a tug-off-war between the two police departments, as to who takes more credit.

Lesser known personnel from the police who will not be allowed to show their face and worth to the media are turning out to be 'sources' to the media.

ravi200101
24th May 2013, 01:30 PM
Cricket today is run by private companies who are very smart in identifying loop holes and find ways of escaping. Right from auctioing of players to the staging of matches and the hype surrounding these matches and the collusion of media, filmstars , etc, points only to corruption. None of the IPL franchisee owners or the BCCI top brass are known to do anything good for cricket. The only objective these owners have is to fill up their coffers by any means .They have no sympathy to the cricket fans of this country and do not mind to exploit them to any levels. It looks very sad when you find a lot of fans put behind fences in a stadium and made to shout like brainless animals and few elite sit in the VIP boxes and enjoy this madness.
With so many bookies arrested in all cricket playing cities it is very clear that they make big money out of all these contests with the backing of the top brass of IPL. Otherwise what is the necessity of so many bookies being active in Chennai, Mumbai, Calcutta, Delhi, etc,. It is also very much possible that these intelligent people would have made all arrangements to escape from the laws and protect the huge money that they have made in the last few years. All these will be covered up smartly and these culprits will wait for the next opputunity to make hay.

Honest cricketers should be made the decision makers of BCCI and stop involvement of corporates in cricket who are out their to make money at any given oppurtunity and not at all bothered about the state of cricket. Cheer leaders , skimpily clad girls with little knowledge of cricket chatting with top cricketers, excellent advertisements for Kingfisher beers, mansion house brandies, etc , are the innovations of IPL management teams and its franchises. They will stoop to any level to further their interest. It is surprising that still their are quite a few fans who support their teams / fans in the present situation.

SoftSword
24th May 2013, 03:57 PM
Police 'sources' have been revealing quite a lot to these media channels and except for the charges on the 3 players and the 15 odd bookies, as confirmed by the Delhi and Mumbai police, nothing is official.

Vindoo has been arrested and the police have found that he was in touch with Gurunath Meyyapan. To clear the air, the police has summoned Guru. The story ends there. Everything else is speculation based on information gathered by the media houses from 'sources'.

There should be a strict law prohibiting these 'sources' from leaking information to media, if what the media says is true. These 'sources' should be treated as culprits.

Everybody wants a piece of credit. If the detailed briefing of the Delhi commissioner was noteworthy, then we had a pretty dramatic and quite senseless 'media conference' from the Mumbai commissioner. Now there seems to be a tug-off-war between the two police departments, as to who takes more credit.

Lesser known personnel from the police who will not be allowed to show their face and worth to the media are turning out to be 'sources' to the media.

enna... the story ends there'nu easya solteenga...
the story starts here... too many rabbits might come out of the hat... gurunath is appearing before court this eve... after taken instructions from his fil in kodaikanal...

Brianengab
24th May 2013, 04:10 PM
BCCI president Srinivasan may quit if Meiyappan is arrested: sources http://t.co/n5gDJxs6Qi

Brianengab
24th May 2013, 04:12 PM
http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.asp?n_id=174624

Three CSK players 'linked' to spot-fixing probe ? :shock:

Three Chennai Super Kings players, one of them quite senior, were in touch with Vindoo Dara Singh during the ongoing T20 season, the actor, arrested in connection with the spot-fixing probe, has told investigators. "Yes, he has dropped some names, we are verifying the authenticity of his claims," said the joint commissioner of police (crime), Himanshu Roy, who refused to reveal the identities of the cricketers.

The police might question the players once they corroborate Vindoo's claims, sources said.

The small-time Bollywood actor, arrested by the Mumbai police on May 21 for betting and his alleged links to bookies, is emerging as a key link in the spot-fixing scandal that has rocked Season 6 of cricket's richest tournament.

His interrogation has brought the fixing scandal to the door of CSK, which is owned by India's cricket board chief N Srinivasan.

On Thursday, a team of the Mumbai Police was in Chennai to question Gurunath Meiyappan, Srinivasan's son-in-law and CSK 'principal', or CEO, as his name allegedly figured prominently during the interrogation of Vindoo, known as Jack in betting circles. The team drew a blank as Meiyappan was not home.

However, in a message faxed to the Mumbai police, Meiyappan said he would appear before the police at 11am Monday. "We have informed the Mumbai Police that it's impossible for him to appear on a short notice since he is out of town with his family," adviser to the Meiyappan family and senior counsel in the Madras high court, PS Raman, told HT over telephone late on Thursday. Raman, who claimed that he was unaware of his client's whereabouts, said he was yet to hear from the police.

When contacted, the additional commissioner of Police, Niket Kaushik, said they had received the fax from Gurunath's lawyer late in the evening and would take a decision on the request on Friday morning.

Himanshu Roy said the police were probing how Vindoo suddenly made a killing during the ongoing season, pocketing a neat Rs. 17 lakh through betting.
"This is strange since he lost heavily in the previous five seasons," he said.

During the day in Chennai, a team of the Mumbai Police's crime branch was literally red-flagged when it reached the Cenotaph Road residence of Meiyappan. A red flag was fluttering atop the house -- an indication, said locals, that no one was home.

Meiyappan was not at his office in the India Cements building either, Roy said. The CSK office is housed in the building as well. Srinivasan is the vice-chairman and MD of India Cements.

A copy of the summons -- asking Meiyappan to appear before the crime branch in Mumbai on Friday between 11am and 5pm -- was pasted at his house and another handed over to an employee at the CSK office, Roy said.

The police had summoned Meiyappan as they wanted to bring him face-to-face with Vindoo, whose police remand would end on Friday.

CEDYBLUE
24th May 2013, 05:23 PM
enna... the story ends there'nu easya solteenga...
the story starts here... too many rabbits might come out of the hat... gurunath is appearing before court this eve... after taken instructions from his fil in kodaikanal...

SS, I was saying, only that much was official at that point. Everything including Guru's 1C betting etc., was speculation.

SoftSword
24th May 2013, 05:37 PM
not confirmed... but of all the other franchisee owners/management why only his name is pulled, and for summoning they would not do it just like that... something seriously cooking i must say...

SoftSword
24th May 2013, 05:40 PM
While at 4.50 pm, Meiyappan's Twitter handle clearly said, "Team Principal, Chennai Super Kings,", twenty minutes later, after it was reported by CNN-IBN, the information had been removed and the Twitter handle said, "Managing Director, AVM productions and entertainment, AVM studios, AVM constructions."

if there is no problem, edhukku idhellaam??
looks like mun echarikkai nadavadikkai no?

SoftSword
24th May 2013, 05:43 PM
India Cements issues a statement clarifying that Gurunath Meiyappan is neither the owner, nor CEO/Team Principal of Chennai Super Kings. "Mr Gurunath is only one of the members (Honorary) of the Management Team of Chennai Super Kings. India Cements follows zero tolerance policy and if anyone is proved guilty, strict action will be taken immediately. India Cements assures full co-operation with BCCI and the Law Enforcement authorities," says the statement. However, the Twitter handle of Meiyappan states that he is the "Team Principal, Chennai Super Kings".

CEDYBLUE
24th May 2013, 05:48 PM
Maybe true, we will have to wait and watch.

19thmay
24th May 2013, 05:49 PM
Evllo naal thaan IPL matches mattum paakuradhu, lets watch this. I think this betting nonsense is going on for the past few years, else Sreesanth wont have created a seperate account for a bookie [ as per the allegation ] as he plays only in the IPL. On the whole, even I think IPL is not clean .. nerupillama pugayaadhu. I am going to retire from watching this fantasy tournament... Test cricket, golf, billiards-nu odhingidalaam-nu mudivu panniruken.

SoftSword
24th May 2013, 05:58 PM
epdiyum franchisee game'nu agippochu...
pesama betting'a legal pannida vendiyadhu dhaane... romba ponguraanga...

SoftSword
24th May 2013, 06:00 PM
Evllo naal thaan IPL matches mattum paakuradhu, lets watch this. I think this betting nonsense is going on for the past few years, else Sreesanth wont have created a seperate account for a bookie [ as per the allegation ] as he plays only in the IPL. On the whole, even I think IPL is not clean .. nerupillama pugayaadhu. I am going to retire from watching this fantasy tournament... Test cricket, golf, billiards-nu odhingidalaam-nu mudivu panniruken.

irunga irunga...
sachin retire agattum aprama en mudiva solren...

19thmay
24th May 2013, 06:06 PM
Thalaivar mela naan semma gaand-la iruken. Ambani wife pressure, andha gundu payyan pressure ellam irundhaalum indha aalu kaal sulikiduchunu kattaya poda vendiyadhu thaane. .. Rest eduthutu SA-ku jammunu polaam.

SoftSword
24th May 2013, 06:12 PM
vizhavelaam edutthu bayangaramaa lock panni vechirukkaanga...
anbukku kattuppattu aama pottukuttu irukkaar... ivangaloda real face theriyaama...

innakki match dhaan last matcha irukkumnu patchi solludhu...
not sure if he ll play/miss today...

VinodKumar's
24th May 2013, 06:16 PM
India cements statement and Twitter handle changes - hmm Meyyappan mattiruvaaaru pola. If he and any CSK palyers are proved guilty velila thala kamikka mudiyaathu :(. Hope these things wont have any impact on MSD, Raina,Ashwin and Jadeja careers.

SoftSword
24th May 2013, 06:19 PM
veliya thala kaatta mudilana ulla kaattunga...
edhukku sir neenga ivlo emotional aavureenga...?

SoftSword
24th May 2013, 06:22 PM
ennoda doubt ennannaa... ivanugakitta ellaam kOdikkaa panjam... apram edhukku indha silrai polappellaam panraanga?

venkkiram
24th May 2013, 06:28 PM
epdiyum franchisee game'nu agippochu...
pesama betting'a legal pannida vendiyadhu dhaane... romba ponguraanga... yaaru! we holy people!

venkkiram
24th May 2013, 06:31 PM
If IPL thinks true/pure cricket still exists, then have a temporary ban of 5 years and clean the system from top to bottom and then have a fresh start. The reason to have 5 years ban is to complete the investigations/cases and punish the bad hands.

SoftSword
24th May 2013, 06:35 PM
for once the holed out teams will breathe easy... naanga nermayaa velaandadhaaladhaan thOtthOmnu...

ajaybaskar
24th May 2013, 06:37 PM
My only worry is all genuine achievements of team CSK will be looked doubtfully from here on. It will even prompt players to look out for other franchises.

SoftSword
24th May 2013, 06:38 PM
from here on?? aarambathula irundhae apditthaan pesikkiraanga...

SoftSword
24th May 2013, 06:38 PM
https://t.co/t98iMDE3bQ

scorpio
24th May 2013, 06:41 PM
From next year onwards, we'll support Jharkhand Jilebis led by MSD :pink:

VinodKumar's
24th May 2013, 06:44 PM
veliya thala kaatta mudilana ulla kaattunga...
edhukku sir neenga ivlo emotional aavureenga...?

Athae emotions ah neenga prakash raj maari kaaturigna pola ;). Eppdi emotion aagama iruka mudiyum ?? 6 varushama thaangu thaangu thaanguna team innaiki pora varavan lam thu nu sollitu povaan .. as Ajay said MSD/Hayden adicha sixers-kum , Raina/ Vijay adicha centuries kum Ashwin carrom ball wickets-kum over night la mathipillama poirum ...

Dinesh84
24th May 2013, 06:51 PM
Nothing is going to be conclusive unless an independent probe into this mess is conducted. Until that the whole NI media will jump the gun and claim that whole of CSK is guilty. Eppo da sarukkuvaanga, we can pounce on them like hyenas nu samayam paathutae irundhanga. Ippo viduvaangala?

SoftSword
24th May 2013, 07:01 PM
Athae emotions ah neenga prakash raj maari kaaturigna pola ;). Eppdi emotion aagama iruka mudiyum ?? 6 varushama thaangu thaangu thaanguna team innaiki pora varavan lam thu nu sollitu povaan .. as Ajay said MSD/Hayden adicha sixers-kum , Raina/ Vijay adicha centuries kum Ashwin carrom ball wickets-kum over night la mathipillama poirum ...

dono why... but i am not feeling any emotional connection to this...
maybe oorukkulla irundhirundhaa konjam feelinga irundhirukkumo ennavo...

VinodKumar's
24th May 2013, 07:09 PM
2 naalaiku munnadi MI ah adichu veratunappa vaaya pothuikitu iruntha payapullaiga nethila irunthu namma kitta thukkam visarikiraanunga :banghead:.

ravi200101
24th May 2013, 07:10 PM

MSD, Hayden, Raina all are from other states and country and in no way connected to Chennai or TN till before they started playing for India cements. Why so much worry about their performances?? All these performances in future is not going to be of any use as all the records made in IPL are going to be buried like the ones happened to one day records.

CEDYBLUE
24th May 2013, 07:18 PM
What we hear right now is, Guru might have involved in betting. Rich guy, crores of money, guindy race-course culture......hmm there is a chance he might have fallen for the betting thrill or he may not have. We will have to wait and watch.

Betting is one thing and fixing is another. Even if Guru is proven guilty of betting, there is always a chance that he would be done that exclusively. The problem here is thanks to the IPL late-night party culture and the social networking is all too easy. Access to players have become so easy. Hence, knowingly or unknowingly there would be some players who are close with people like Vindoo and they would have discussed match details. Looks inevitable.

But as the owner of the team, he is accountable for his actions. If the players aren't part to this, the enormous success of the CSK team should not be abused. And yeah, I have no idea to what I am trying to communicate/write here.

ravi200101
24th May 2013, 07:31 PM
What's CSK??? It is only India cements. Why so much of support for a corporate and its owners who areout their to make money at any cost. The players would already have gotten their share of the kitty. The players participating in IPL's main objective is to make mony in a short time which is fulfilled. All these records are secondary and they themselves are not really bothered.

ajaybaskar
24th May 2013, 07:42 PM
Betting is different from fixing. Betting happens everywhere. Even at offices, we used to bet on IPL teams. The Fantasy League we play is kind of betting. But Guru, as the CEO of CSK, should face the consequences of having involved in betting (If proved). And the hiding of facts like he had no connections with the team is laughworthy.

This is spoiling the reputation of the brand that was built over the years.

venkkiram
24th May 2013, 08:27 PM
With power, Betting leads to fixing! Though its different, its highly interconnected.

SoftSword
24th May 2013, 08:32 PM
yes... if this guy was betting for csk to win, then the players are safe... if he did bet for the team to lose, everyone in the hut will be questioned...

vanchi
24th May 2013, 08:37 PM
ennganda reporting ithu. f*(**** media:banghead:
lalit modi, sharad power ivingellam sokka thangamle.
samayam pathu velaya kaatranuva.
evlo oru live reporting. This medis shuts the f&&** up when govt scams are blowing. oru central govt dappa dance adum bothu, why this is being blown so much. There is more to it than what we see.

intha ranagalathule, gurunathu pera cskla connected illanu sila pala nonsense

ivlo naal csk teamku iruntha peru sweepinga adika pakkuranunga.

CEDYBLUE
24th May 2013, 08:40 PM
Wonderful point raised in NDTV's Nidhi Razdan about how media have been speculating and most of news that is doing the rounds are from 'sources'. She said, India is the only country where information is leaking from all kinds of sources within investigation and it is honestly a disgrace.

Nice point there by a journalist and obviously, the likes of Times Now are making hay.

CEDYBLUE
24th May 2013, 08:46 PM
I don't think anyone is following the game today :)

Good news is RR has won the toss and they would bat :)

Watching Rahul Dravid in action may not be such a bad thing, given the murky developments.