PDA

View Full Version : Mariyaan - Dhanush, Parvathi Menon ~ AR Rahman

Pages : [1] 2

NOV
5th April 2013, 08:46 AM
http://fullfunpics.com/images/73085635746488331783.jpg

Mariyaan stars Dhanush in the lead role with Parvathi Menon and Salim Kumar, and is directed byBharat Bala. Produced by Venu Ravichandran, it music and background score is composed by A. R. Rahman and cinematography by Marc Koninckx.
The film revolves around story of human survival, partially adapted from a real-life crisis event of Indian migrants who were taken hostage in Sudan.

NOV
5th April 2013, 08:52 AM
The film is based on a real-life 2008 incident involving three immigrant oil workers from India being kidnapped and held for 21 days under captivity in Darfur, Sudan. Bharat Bala has met the former hostages and obtained their stories first-hand.

The character played by Dhanush is of a simple, economically poor but physically strong guy from a very remote village in need of a job and hence, this forms the outline of the film.

The director was inspired by the 2008 French-Liberian film Johnny Mad Dog, which starred a real life group of LURD child soldiers and subsequently chose to retain them as well as the cinematographer of that film, Marc Koninckx, both to be a part of Mariyaan.

A press release of March 2013 along with a poster revealed the film's outline as "A young man is faced with adversity. Life deals him immense challenges, and forces him to struggle to thrive. But he does, nevertheless, fighting to survive by thriving on the sheer undying spirit of the human will to survive. Along his thrilling journey is a tryst with adventure, a smattering of drama and a gritty tale that shows the power of love in extreme circumstances. And that is the story of Mariyaan.

http://media.newindianexpress.com/article1522334.ece/ALTERNATES/w460/Dhanush.jpg

Cinemarasigan
5th April 2013, 11:11 AM
Not able to explain why, but I am not getting any positive idea about this movie. Other than Producer, Dhanush and Rahman, all other names involved in the movie look like aliens...

Anban
5th April 2013, 12:40 PM
ivangalukkellaam nativity-ye kedaiyaathu..

i mean Bharat Bala..

Gopal.s
5th April 2013, 01:00 PM
Being an ardent Fan of Dhanush since Thullavatho Ilamai days(I predicted the day I saw that movie as he is going to be a great performing star with inborn talance.I am proved correct. ) I am eagerly waiting for this one with rare combo.

mappi
5th April 2013, 01:56 PM
The character played by Dhanush is of a simple, economically poor but physically strong guy from a very remote village in need of a job and hence, this forms the outline of the film.

"A young man is faced with adversity. Life deals him immense challenges, and forces him to struggle to thrive. But he does, nevertheless, fighting to survive by thriving on the sheer undying spirit of the human will to survive. Along his thrilling journey is a tryst with adventure, a smattering of drama and a gritty tale that shows the power of love in extreme circumstances.

Pudhukottaiyilirundhu Saravanan sans Dubai ?

SoftSword
5th April 2013, 02:23 PM
lol...
espettations only for the songs, visuals and one or two performances... idhukku mela edhu vandhaalum ponus dhaan...

NOV
5th April 2013, 05:22 PM
For me it's only Danush. If music had been GVP I would have included that too.
Let's see what ARR brings.

Gopal I became a fan after TA. :)

Avadi to America
5th April 2013, 07:15 PM
Being an ardent Fan of Dhanush since Thullavatho Ilamai days(I predicted the day I saw that movie as he is going to be a great performing star with inborn talance.I am proved correct. ) I am eagerly waiting for this one with rare combo.

You are right. Indeed he is one the best in his contemporaries.

NOV
8th April 2013, 07:32 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHSRldsCUAEOsn2.jpg:large

Dilbert
11th April 2013, 11:39 AM
You are right. Indeed he is one the best in his contemporaries.

I strongly object your Aarnar ! These kind of superlatives have increased value for no(v) reason. Name the last movie which was a
massive hit with a decent subject?

Video Sangs Director and Hit or miss Hero without beard first half / second half with ! ARR (aka) Sagin tendulkar of Indian mujik.

Interesting combination.

NOV
11th April 2013, 05:52 PM
Chennai: As much as Tamil audiences root for commercial films, they are open to fresh stories too, says Tamil filmmaker Bharatbala, who has made his upcoming film 'Mariyaan' for this reason.

"I was determined to make the film ('Mariyaan') in Tamil from the start for two simple reasons. Firstly, I believe Tamil audiences are more open to fresh stories despite their weakness for commercial films".

"Secondly, since my film is based on a true story, I didn't want to tamper with the setting," Bharat Bala told IANS in an interview.

Elucidating with an example, he said: "One of the recent Tamil films that did exceptionally well, boasting a fresh story, was Karthi-starrer 'Paruthiveeran'.

Even though the film had its share of commercial moments, the audience lapped it up for its portrayal of a story never told before". '
'Mariyaan', featuring Dhanush, is a story about human will to survive in extreme conditions.

"The film is an emotional journey of a common man to an unknown place with the hope to come home and lead a better life.
It's based on a newspaper article about three oil workers from India being kidnapped in Sudan," he said.He says he calls it "emotional" because the story "tests the human will to survive in the most unimaginable conditions".

Bharatbala made a name for himself by producing patriotic videos like 'Vande Mataram' and 'Jana Gana Mana'.
He also directed 'Jiyo Utho Bado Jeeto', the music video of the official song of the 2010 Commonwealth Games. 'Mariyaan' is his first Tamil film. His first film was the critically acclaimed 'Hari Om' in English (2004).

Queried why he chose Dhanush, Bharatbala said: "I cast him after I watched his performance in 'Aadukalam', which literally moved me. I believe he agreed to work because of the vast landscape this film offers for him to perform as an actor". So, has he done justice to his role?

"A few days into the shoot and I was referring to Dhanush as Mariyaan because he had immersed himself into the character by then.
Since we shot the film in reverse, it was emotionally and physically draining for him to arrive at the transformation, but he did it," Bharatbala said.

Talking further about Dhanush's professionalism, the director said, "He took classes for ocean diving.
He was required to dive in one breath and go up to 40 to 50 feet underwater. He would jump with the diving suit, go deep, settle down and get rid of the suit. Once he was ready, we would the shoot the scene," he added.

In Tamil, 'Mariyaan' refers to a man who never dies, but Bharatbala's Mariyaan is someone who is adventurous and courageous.
"Mariyaan is like a fisherman who would not throw a net to catch fish, but instead dives deep into the ocean and picks what he wants.
He goes out of his way to get what he wants and that's what makes him adventurous and courageous," he said. While the film may appear dark, he clarified it will be a beautiful journey.

"Even though it is about the fight for survival, it deals with several other emotions such as love, separation and struggle.
The story recounts a beautiful journey about the separation of the protagonist from his loved ones and his struggle to reunite," he added.

It was shot predominantly in the Namib desert and Kanyakumari. It also features Parvathi Menon, Salim Kumar, Appukutty and Jagan in important roles. "Parvathi plays one of the important roles in the film called Panimalar.

I was looking for someone rooted to the south Indian landscape in looks, features and body language. She has a very compelling role to play," Bharat Bala said.

He said 'Mariyaan' will also venture into uncharted territories.
"A R Rahman's music is embedded into the narrative in such a way that it serves as screenplay, while (French) cinematographer
Marc Koninckx will add a different perspective behind the lens. Marc's work will definitely be new to the grammar of Tamil cinema," he added.
Bharatbala is eagerly awaiting the release of the film in May. It is produced by Venu Ravichandran.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/tamil-film-industry-is-more-open-to-fresh-stories-says-bharatbala/384566-71-180.html

Avadi to America
11th April 2013, 07:51 PM
I strongly object your Aarnar ! These kind of superlatives have increased value for no(v) reason. Name the last movie which was a
massive hit with a decent subject?

Video Sangs Director and Hit or miss Hero without beard first half / second half with ! ARR (aka) Sagin tendulkar of Indian mujik.

Interesting combination.

Bro,
I'm not sure how many hit movies he has done.....Sullan and puthukottailyilirunthu saravanan padathai theriyam release aana annaiku bangalore balaji theatrela parthuttu nontha anubhavam irrukuthu....The point is that when you compare any heros who got introduced in last 10 or 12 years... I still beleive that he is one among the best..... it starts from kadal konden, pudhupattai, 3, Aadukalam, Mayakkam Enna.... Neenga OBJECTIVE analysis pannikittey irunga...

Dilbert
11th April 2013, 08:19 PM
Bro,
I'm not sure how many hit movies he has done.....Sullan and puthukottailyilirunthu saravanan padathai theriyam release aana annaiku bangalore balaji theatrela parthuttu nontha anubhavam irrukuthu....The point is that when you compare any heros who got introduced in last 10 or 12 years... I still beleive that he is one among the best..... it starts from kadal konden, pudhupattai, 3, Aadukalam, Mayakkam Enna.... Neenga OBJECTIVE analysis pannikittey irunga...

Kadak Konden - 2003

Polladhavan - 2007

Aadukalam - 2011

He is just ok kinda actor .

Indha padam doesn't have any good vibe to it.

Avadi to America
11th April 2013, 08:33 PM
Kadak Konden - 2003

Polladhavan - 2007

Aadukalam - 2011

He is just ok kinda actor .

Bro, then he is best among "He is just ok kinda actor.

19thmay
11th April 2013, 08:36 PM
Kadak konden in the above list? Sonia agarwal of course looked like Kada.

sudha india
17th April 2013, 09:53 AM
Reading the storyline here and there, this film looks like a combination of 'National Geographic Channel hits
such as - I should'nt be alive and Banged up abroad

SoftSword
17th April 2013, 02:15 PM
ungala yaaru andha maadhiri channel'laam paakka solraa...

Shanker
17th April 2013, 04:34 PM
Gotta say, love the BGM score in the underwater teaser.

joe
17th April 2013, 10:05 PM
another movie from my home land ?

Dilbert
18th April 2013, 08:12 AM
Reading the storyline here and there, this film looks like a combination of 'National Geographic Channel hits
such as - I should'nt be alive and Banged up abroad

:lol: you mean locked up abroad :oops:

kubrick
18th April 2013, 10:16 AM

I can exactly understand what you are trying to say but with ARR there is definitely going to be something. Sakkrakatti paatha kootam thaan naan. This feels like it is going to be as fake as 'Kadal'. They (Dirs like MR, gautham menon, now Bharathbala) seem to have no understanding of the sentiment to make films with such intense intricacies of the Tamil state. Gautham has understood it and has kept his hands off such projects, MR has burnt his hands more than a couple of times. Let's see if BB proves me wrong.

OTOH Venkat Prabu who make such shallow films understands the sentiment. It comes to him naturally. Just saying.

joe
18th April 2013, 10:48 AM
இந்த படத்தை நான் எதிர்பார்க்கிறேன் . காரணம் ஒன்று தான் .மீனவர் வாழ்வியல் களம் சார்ந்த இப்படத்துக்கு வசனம் எழுதியிருப்பவர் 'ஆழி சூழ் உலகு' புகழ் ஜோ டி குரூஸ் என கேள்விப்பட்டேன் . மண்ணின் மைந்தரான ஜோ டி குரூஸ தமிழ் சினிமாவின் வழக்கம் போல மீனவர் சித்தரிப்பை சிதைக்க மாட்டார் என நம்புகிறேன்

Dilbert
18th April 2013, 10:59 AM
I can exactly understand what you are trying to say but with ARR there is definitely going to be something. Sakkrakatti paatha kootam thaan naan. This feels like it is going to be as fake as 'Kadal'. They (Dirs like MR, gautham menon, now Bharathbala) seem to have no understanding of the sentiment to make films with such intense intricacies of the Tamil state. Gautham has understood it and has kept his hands off such projects, MR has burnt his hands more than a couple of times. Let's see if BB proves me wrong.

OTOH Venkat Prabu who make such shallow films understands the sentiment. It comes to him naturally. Just saying.

We don't have good directors sir period. Added to that our main production houses won't approve a project without Nayanthara Item Number / Hero Intro song. So whatever comes out of low end of the spectrum is either half baked or indigestible.
Less than 5% is exception to this rule.

I seriously hope this movie doesn't fall in to that exception category. Daniel Craig and SL / Indian Fisherman .. " oh hell no"

So lets not blame , Venkat Prabhu :). Mankatha was the most entertaining movie for me after shivaji (purely based on entertainment value)in recent times.

Dilbert
18th April 2013, 11:20 AM
watch out for this movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2202086/

sriramanvk
20th April 2013, 11:24 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ALr04JgOQ9o&feature=related - Marc Koninckx

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=CVi7A-RGGNI - barath Bala

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JRNNwzbM6oU&feature=relmfu - Parvati

Mahen
27th April 2013, 05:50 AM
Yuvar singing in MAriyan :omg:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/375033_391222447659030_910455044_n.jpg

Mahen
27th April 2013, 05:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPQbV5V8pHQ

NOV
1st May 2013, 11:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O90I8y5iKxo&feature=youtu.be

NOV
1st May 2013, 06:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zB4b_7ddiLg

:omg: what an actor!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

SoftSword
1st May 2013, 06:31 PM
+1

watch @ 2:15

Avadi to America
1st May 2013, 07:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zB4b_7ddiLg

:omg: what an actor!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

NOV, ippaiey oru thundu pottuda vendiyathu thaan....What a promising actor....Pora pokkula inthapayaluku FANNA iyudvan pola...

NOV
1st May 2013, 07:30 PM
:thumbsup:

Actor lyricist singer producer director :D

SoftSword
1st May 2013, 07:31 PM
what a promising actor....Pora pokkula inthapayaluku FANNA iyudvan pola...

i declared it myself after watching him smile before he falls in the climax...

VinodKumar's
1st May 2013, 07:42 PM
:thumbsup:

Actor lyricist singer producer director :D

Has he committed to direct any movie ? if so it's a news for me.

Dilbert
1st May 2013, 07:43 PM
NOV, ippaiey oru thundu pottuda vendiyathu thaan....What a promising actor....Pora pokkula inthapayaluku FANNA iyudvan pola...

:rotfl: Dainel Craig Superma !! :shock: :cry: Photography white man - white manya :notworthy:

Dilbert
1st May 2013, 07:45 PM
Heronieyamma :slurp:

SoftSword
1st May 2013, 07:48 PM

adhaanae...
any hindi maybe?

NOV
1st May 2013, 07:52 PM
He is going to direct a Hindi film. Also he ghost directed moonu.

mappi
1st May 2013, 07:53 PM
isn't is Christopher Minie who acted as Jhonny Mad Dog
Impressive trailer. Jagan saying "its not him" looking at the broken mirror is top notch. Danush "therikuraru'
Mad Dog kept away from Chuck Norris, but he got the wrong guy @ 2:15

VinodKumar's
1st May 2013, 07:54 PM

Ghost directed moona ? cha naa Aiswarya thermaila lam santhega pattutanae :(.

SoftSword
1st May 2013, 07:59 PM
Ghost directed moona ? cha naa Aiswarya thermaila lam santhega pattutanae :(.

yov... adhu summa speculation..
aamaa moonukku enna korachal...

NOV
1st May 2013, 08:08 PM
Ha ha... you heard it here first. :)

Looks like another award is awaiting danush after aadukkalaam.

Mahen
1st May 2013, 08:17 PM
Dhanush :bow:

Brianengab
1st May 2013, 08:20 PM
heroine is luking lik 'karuppu' nayanthara (especially @2.53)

VinodKumar's
1st May 2013, 08:25 PM
yov... adhu summa speculation..
aamaa moonukku enna korachal...

Moonu was not gripping ..after that school love portion things were not interesting for me ..antha green color la bommai pottathellam irritating ah irunthuchu ...

SoftSword
1st May 2013, 08:29 PM
green color bommai was an attempt at showing something different... sometimes it works and sometimes it fails...
other than that it was very well made filim except for the kolaveri...
the fight sequence in the car park is an awesome one...
good performances all around...

VinodKumar's
1st May 2013, 08:33 PM
// No doubts on performances ... Dhanush performance lam minimum guaranteed -nga ... //

NOV
1st May 2013, 08:35 PM
The reason why 3 didn't have so much impact os because it followed ME immediately.

SoftSword
1st May 2013, 08:37 PM
not just him, shruthi, sundar, shruthis mom/dad/sis, prabhu except for sivakarthikeyan...
am not blaming u, i myself wonder why it did not impress a lot of people.. thanks to the subject and the melancholy second half...

VinodKumar's
1st May 2013, 08:45 PM
The reason why 3 didn't have so much impact os because it followed ME immediately.

Might be. I liked ME. It was more natural(or whatever) than 3.

mappi
2nd May 2013, 12:24 AM
green color bommai was an attempt at showing something different... sometimes it works and sometimes it fails...
other than that it was very well made filim except for the kolaveri...
the fight sequence in the car park is an awesome one...
good performances all around...

Agree with you - for the color part, read on.

Moonu was not gripping ..after that school love portion things were not interesting for me ..antha green color la bommai pottathellam irritating ah irunthuchu ...

The school portions were quite long for me to set the ground for the story. Anyway it mostly works with main audiences - boy-girl-fresh-love.
For the color : Each color has a symbolism. Use of color in anything mounts the aggreebility or disagreebility accordingly. Colors are used widely in the movies (mostly no one pays any attention to them) to visuals potray whats in the creators minds and normally to communicate with the audiences richly. Not taking complicated movies or "unknown" movies, I draw Matrix as an exemple as most of us have seen it.
Green represents fertility, which indirectly represents nature. In "3" the director briliantly used green to potray that its bizzare for us, but natural for the affected person. u dont see it, he does "naturally", as anyone seeing normal things.
Going further, green also represent sexuality - again Matrix is a good exemple, but for "3", unless the creator gives us an input, I strike out this possibility. Maybe some one else have noted it, I am all ears.
Green is a plesant color for eyes. Maybe the "fizzy" visuals irritated you.

Dilbert
2nd May 2013, 02:11 AM

Nov looks like you got this one !! Daniel Craig top natchuu !

Trailer ok padam Kadal Part II? Sequel-Prequel madri irukumoo?

Camera Lighting Wow just Wow - Mani Sir Attendance please.

Avadi to America
2nd May 2013, 03:16 AM
music release aagiducha...

SoftSword
2nd May 2013, 04:24 AM
first single release on 3rd of may..

BM
3rd May 2013, 12:10 PM
Dhanush ‏@dhanushkraja
Well my mariyaan trailer has been deleted 4m youtube by sum well wisher I guess.it will resolved with d same views shortly.

NOV
3rd May 2013, 12:42 PM
:shock: EKDI?

Shanker
3rd May 2013, 02:50 PM
Listened to the full Nenje Ezhu. Through and through Rahman magic.

Dilbert
3rd May 2013, 06:26 PM
utube gone
:eyebrow raising lyrics: After long time a good melody by ARR :clap:

Is lyrics by that young chap "Vaali" ? or others

SoftSword
3rd May 2013, 06:31 PM
lyrics by kutti radhika...

vaali has written for two songs..

Dilbert
3rd May 2013, 07:44 PM

vaali has written for two songs..

impressive

balaajee
7th May 2013, 11:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4b_7ddiLg

NOV
13th May 2013, 09:24 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKHXaznCAAIQOkE.jpg:large

ajaybaskar
13th May 2013, 10:54 AM
Dhanush running in sand all over the city.. :)

joe
13th May 2013, 11:42 AM
Pls forgive my ignorance?
Bharath bala did any tamil movie prior to mariyan?

Brianengab
13th May 2013, 11:47 AM
no...

joe
13th May 2013, 11:49 AM
no...

oh! Heard this name ..Produced any movie?

littlemaster1982
13th May 2013, 11:51 AM

Produced ARR's album, Vande Mataram.

ajaybaskar
13th May 2013, 11:52 AM
He is an ad film maker. Worked with ARR for 'Maa Tujhe Salaam' aka Vande Mataram.

Brianengab
13th May 2013, 11:52 AM
here u go.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bharatbala

yes.. he already directed a movie named 'Hari om'.. :???:

satissh_r
13th May 2013, 11:54 AM

He is the director of Vande Mataram (A R Rahman's album) and childhood friend of Rahman too, he did a movie called "Hari Om" which I think was classified as parallel cinema.

joe
13th May 2013, 11:55 AM
வந்தே மாதரம் தயாரிச்சவர் பேர் தெரியாம இருக்க முட்டாபயல -ன்னு திட்டாத இசைப்புயல் ரசிக தம்பிகளுக்கு நன்றி :)

ajaybaskar
13th May 2013, 11:55 AM

குட்டி ராதிகா குமாரசாமி வீட்டுல குத்துக்கல்லாட்டம் இருக்கு.. இது குட்டி ரேவதி.

satissh_r
13th May 2013, 11:57 AM
குட்டி ராதிகா குமாரசாமி வீட்டுல குத்துக்கல்லாட்டம் இருக்கு.. இது குட்டி ரேவதி.

:rotfl: only Softs possible

Brianengab
13th May 2013, 12:00 PM
need a sum intro for "kutti revathy' ... pls..

Dinesh84
13th May 2013, 04:32 PM
https://twitter.com/dhanushkraja/status/333876987183640576

SoftSword
13th May 2013, 04:37 PM
:rotfl: only Softs possible

pongayya yov...

NOV
13th May 2013, 06:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKJWJyUCUAA5sw6.jpg:large

interz
14th May 2013, 01:11 AM
Impressive soundtracks by ARR. He surprises me with the Mariyaan songs which i didnt have high expectations due to my dissapointment with Kadal songs..

Innum Koncham, Sonapareeyaa and Kadal Raasa are my favourites. Will be repeated till the ears fall off.

Arun555
14th May 2013, 03:49 AM
Nejaee Ezhu is nice remaining doubt....Lets see.

Dilbert
14th May 2013, 04:50 AM
Nejaee Ezhu is nice remaining doubt....Lets see.

I second that !! I can't put them in SONGS category ! it was more like people reading poetry. Einstein Raghuman experiments for uooths.

Shanker
14th May 2013, 04:30 PM
Listened to the album. Picks of the album; Sonapareeya and Kadal Raasa Naan. The music is just addictive! And Yuvan has done an excellent job in Kadal Raasa. Also hard to believe that song is written by the same hand that wrote 'Kolaveri'.

Brianengab
15th May 2013, 02:47 PM
http://accesskollywood.com/photo-galleries/maryan-new-press-meet-images/01-maryan-new-press-meet-images-maryan-dhanush.html

MARYAN NEW PRESS MEET

Brianengab
17th May 2013, 01:20 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/danush-intimate-romantic-scenes-with-the-cast-of%27%27%20feeling%27%27-interview-with-actress-Parvathi

தனுசுடன் நடித்தபோது சவுகரியமாக உணர்ந்தேன்’’ நடிகை பார்வதி பேட்டி

‘‘தனுசுடன் நெருக்கமான காதல் காட்சிகளில் நடித்தபோது, சவுகரியமாகவே உணர்ந்தேன்’’ என்று நடிகை பார்வதி கூறினார்.

பேட்டி

தனுஷ்–பார்வதி ஜோடியாக நடித்த ‘மரியான்’ படத்தை பரத் பாலா டைரக்டு செய்திருக்கிறார். ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான் இசையமைத்து இருக்கிறார். இந்த படத்தில் நடித்த அனுபவம் பற்றி நிருபர்களிடம் தனுஷ் கூறியதாவது:–

‘‘மரியான் படத்தில், மிகவும் சிரமப்பட்டு நடித்தேன். நமீபியாவில் நடந்த படப்பிடிப்பின்போது, இனிமேல் இதுபோன்ற படங்களில் நடிக்கக் கூடாது என்ற எண்ணம் ஏற்பட்டது. அங்கு பயங்கர வெயில். பாலைவனத்தில், செருப்பு அணியாமல் நடிக்க வைத்தார்கள். கொதிக்கும் மணலில் வெறும் காலுடன் நிற்க முடியாமல் கஷ்டப்பட்டேன். உடம்பெல்லாம் மண்ணும், தூசுமாக என்னை ஒருவழி பண்ணி விட்டது.

3 சிறுத்தைகள்

எனக்கு நீச்சல் தெரியாது. இருந்தாலும், நடுக்கடலுக்குள் இறக்கினார்கள். மூச்சு அடக்கும் பயிற்சி எனக்கு இருந்ததால், தப்பித்தேன்.

அடுத்து, சிறுத்தையுடன் நடிக்க வைத்தார்கள். ஒரு சிறுத்தை அல்ல. 3 சிறுத்தைகள். ஒரு பெரிய கூண்டு அமைத்து சிறுத்தைகளையும், என்னையும் அதற்குள் அமர வைத்தார்கள். அந்த சிறுத்தைகள் வெளிச்சத்தில் நிழலைப் பார்த்து பயந்தன. அதைப்பார்த்து நான் பயந்தேன். காலையில் இருந்து மாலை வரை என்னை சிறுத்தைகளுடன் உட்கார வைத்து விட்டார்கள். சரி, நமக்கு சிறுத்தையால்தான் முடிவு என்று உறுதியாக நம்பி விட்டேன். அதிர்ஷ்டவசமாக அந்த சிறுத்தைகள் என் மீது பாயவில்லை.

13 வருட கனவு

நான், ரொம்ப மெனக்கெட்டு நடித்த படம் இது. படத்தில் நடித்து முடிப்பதற்கு ஒரு வருடம் ஆகிவிட்டது. ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான் இசையில் நடிக்க வேண்டும் என்பது என் 13 வருட கனவு. அது, ‘மரியான்’ படத்தில் நனவாகி இருக்கிறது. படத்துக்கு, இசை முக்கியமானதாக இருக்கும். நானும் ஒரு பாடலை எழுதியிருக்கிறேன். இவ்வாறு அவர் கூறினார்.

பார்வதி

நடிகை பார்வதி கூறியதாவது:– ‘‘பூ படத்தை பார்த்துதான் டைரக்டர் பரத்பாலா எனக்கு இந்த படத்தில் நடிக்கும் வாய்ப்பை கொடுத்தார். ‘மரியான்’ வாழ்க்கையில் நடக்கும் நிகழ்வுகள்தான் படத்தின் கதை. இந்த படத்தில், என் கதாபாத்திரத்தின் பெயர், பனிமலர். நெருக்கமான காதல் காட்சிகள் உள்ளன. அதில் நடிக்கும்போது, நான் சவுகரியமாகவே உணர்ந்தேன். மற்ற படங்களை விட, இந்த படத்தில் நான் அழகாக இருப்பதாக கூறுகிறார்கள். அதற்காக பிரத்யேகமாக எதுவும் செய்யவில்லை. டைரக்டர் சொன்னபடி நடித்தேன். அவ்வளவுதான்.’’ மேற்கண்டவாறு பார்வதி கூறினார். இசையமைப்பாளர் ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான், டைரக்டர் பரத் பாலா ஆகியோரும் ‘மரியான்’ படத்தை பற்றி பேசினார்கள்.

Brianengab
5th June 2013, 11:03 AM
http://www.tamilcinema24.com/photo-galleries/maryan-movie-posters-02/images/maryan-movie-posters-0201.jpg

Anban
6th June 2013, 01:13 AM
oh Maddy and other ARR fans from the same school of thought .. its time to dump Mariyaan and Raanjhanaa guys..

""You are doing now two films with AR Rahman — Raanjhanaa and Mariyaan. Who is your favourite music composer?
Ilaiyaraaja is my most favourite music director. His music was my lullaby, his music was my food, his music was my childhood, his music was my first love, his music was my failure, his music was my first kiss, my first love failure, my success... he is in my blood."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Aishwarya-is-hundred-times-simpler-than-Rajini-sir-Dhanush/articleshow/20442506.cms

ajaybaskar
6th June 2013, 07:55 AM
Hehe.. Wonder why he didn't employ the services of his first food, first kiss, first love for the movies he produced, if not for the movies he acted. :)

NOV
6th June 2013, 08:20 AM
one must learn to differentiate between political statements and reality statements.
Danush must have learnt from Kamal :p

Roshan
6th June 2013, 11:56 AM
Hehe.. Wonder why he didn't employ the services of his first food, first kiss, first love for the movies he produced, if not for the movies he acted. :)

:lol: Good one !!

A.ANAND
6th June 2013, 12:50 PM
avarukku pidicha music director-ra avaru unmaiya solli irukaru,ithala, arr fans varuthapada enna irukku??ithukku munnadiye kuda oru tv channel interview-la illayaraja than my favourite innu solli irukaru!arr kuda rendu pannathaliye 'arr is favourite'innu poiyya solla mudiyum!'dhanush is great'unmaiya pesanathukku!

ajaybaskar
6th June 2013, 01:27 PM
And why someone should hate Dhanush or Maryaan or Raanjhanaa for Dhanush's personal likes and dislikes? Dhanush will always be celebrated as a talented actor. And an ARR fan would always be happy for albums like Maryaan and Raanjhanaa.

A.ANAND
6th June 2013, 01:48 PM
And why someone should hate Dhanush or Maryaan or Raanjhanaa for Dhanush's personal likes and dislikes? Dhanush will always be celebrated as a talented actor. And an ARR fan would always be happy for albums like Maryaan and Raanjhanaa.

+1 same here!ethavathu oru nadiganukku veri pudichi alayara satharana rasigan-than than 'deiva nadigara' support pannatha saga artist-ta intha hate pandra, eena velai ellam polappa seivaangaa !naanga arr fans intha kevalatha pandrathilla!pannayum maatom.thalaivan polathan thondanum iruppan!

Brianengab
6th June 2013, 01:49 PM
for being fan of both MD's is nt sin...
for me, abt who is my fav. MD ARR or IR...is lik ungalukku amma'vai pidikkumaa ila appa'vai pidikkiuma kinda question...

paranitharan
6th June 2013, 02:08 PM

Is it so unfair to expect logic from you and your kind? One must wonder why he didn't say ARR was his favourite music director in spite of working with him currently in 2 films. Who would he have learned to answer bluntly from. So refreshing this guy Dhanush is. Never pretnds to be politically correct.

ajaybaskar
6th June 2013, 02:14 PM
Being the most logical hubber, would you please bother to explain us the logic,sir? :)

paranitharan
6th June 2013, 02:18 PM
Just answer. does someone need to use the service of an artist because he's a fan of said artist?

SoftSword
6th June 2013, 02:20 PM
#engaponaraasa..

..meanwhile, it gets cloudy and some light showers start spreading and I start running in the open road looking for shelter... whilst at 1:41 it gradually transforms into dense rain all over, and at 1:55 mark it starts pouring heavily with hailstones, like I was right under a water fall which keeps building up force when my lungs start gasping, only for it all to come to a standstill at 2:40. Pause. The heart stops. Silence. Peace. Divine. Then the drizzle starts again and I remember that I have to breathe. I breathe and start walking along.. #engaponaraasa..

rinse.. repeat.. #puyal

Anban
6th June 2013, 02:22 PM
oh Maddy and other ARR fans from the same school of thought .. its time to dump Mariyaan and Raanjhanaa guys..

""You are doing now two films with AR Rahman — Raanjhanaa and Mariyaan. Who is your favourite music composer?
Ilaiyaraaja is my most favourite music director. His music was my lullaby, his music was my food, his music was my childhood, his music was my first love, his music was my failure, his music was my first kiss, my first love failure, my success... he is in my blood."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Aishwarya-is-hundred-times-simpler-than-Rajini-sir-Dhanush/articleshow/20442506.cms
Maddy engappaa ?? avaru , Ramakrishnar ellaam thaan appidi pesuvaanga.. chastity ethirpaappaanga.. avanga kitta thaan arguement.. others can chill :P

ajaybaskar
6th June 2013, 02:29 PM
More often than not, that is the case. Fan is something different. But if I say someone's music is my snack,food,kiss,love then i would be expected to work with him at least in my home production. Since you are a wholesale agent of logic,you should be knowing this better. Aint you?

ajaybaskar
6th June 2013, 02:31 PM
#engaponaraasa..

..meanwhile, it gets cloudy and some light showers start spreading and I start running in the open road looking for shelter... whilst at 1:41 it gradually transforms into dense rain all over, and at 1:55 mark it starts pouring heavily with hailstones, like I was right under a water fall which keeps building up force when my lungs start gasping, only for it all to come to a standstill at 2:40. Pause. The heart stops. Silence. Peace. Divine. Then the drizzle starts again and I remember that I have to breathe. I breathe and start walking along.. #engaponaraasa..

rinse.. repeat.. #puyal

Sir, adhellam oruththar mattumthaan panna mudiyum..#abovegod

ajaybaskar
6th June 2013, 02:32 PM
Maddy engappaa ?? avaru , Ramakrishnar ellaam thaan appidi pesuvaanga.. chastity ethirpaappaanga.. avanga kitta thaan arguement.. others can chill :P

Adhellam vidunga.. Paattu epdi irukku? Unga karuththu enna? :)

Dinesh84
6th June 2013, 02:44 PM
Budget thaan kaaranam for Thanus not using IR in his home production. I don't find any wrong in him saying food, snacks, beverages etc.

paranitharan
6th June 2013, 02:44 PM
Don't cry. Stay calm. I just called you out on your illogical argument and in return you make it personal. Anyways I should have expected that from someone who couldn't use logic.

Dhanush also worships Gounder but I don't remember if he ever approached him for his services in any of his films. He doesn't need to prove to anyone his devotion to IR.

Kamal worships Sivaji but in how many of his films did Kamal use Sivaji?

Give him time, he took a leaf out of Kamal's book and put finanicial gain above favoritism and produced a film with Sivakarthikeyan in the lead and music by Aniruth. #jokes

ajaybaskar
6th June 2013, 02:49 PM
Budget thaan kaaranam for Thanus not using IR in his home production.

Saar, FYKI IR's pay is less compared to Yuvan or Anirudh.

I don't find any wrong in him saying food, snacks, beverages etc.

I didnt find anything wrong too. I made it clear in a post of mine. My question was why Dhanush didnt use IR if he was such a die hard fan. When a releatively lesser known Pazha Karuppaiah wants his idol IR to compose for his production 'Naadi Thudikkudhadi',what stops Dhanush?

Dinesh84
6th June 2013, 02:50 PM
Saar, FYKI IR's pay is less compared to Yuvan or Anirudh.

quite unlikely IMMHO

ajaybaskar
6th June 2013, 02:53 PM
quite unlikely IMMHO

Very much likely IMHO :) Music directors' pay is decided by their market potential and Anirudh's albums have made it big.

paranitharan
6th June 2013, 02:53 PM
So if 'x' used his favourite artist in his film then 'y' also needs to use his favourite in his films. #thelogicofbitter

ajaybaskar
6th June 2013, 02:58 PM
So if 'x' used his favourite artist in his film then 'y' also needs to use his favourite in his films. #thelogicofbitter

I think i have made it clear to people to whom I wanted to reply. You are in a different league altogether and i am not qualified enough to converse with you. Have a good time. :wink:

Brianengab
6th June 2013, 03:02 PM
aananappatta bharathiraja, balachandar,mani'ae IR'ai nalla 'USE' panni kalattittaanga...vidungappaa...ithai poi perusu pesikkittu...

Anban
6th June 2013, 03:04 PM
Adhellam vidunga.. Paattu epdi irukku? Unga karuththu enna? :)
two melodies are like early 90's Rahman.. Nenje Ezhu feels nice.. but erkanave ketta maathiri irukku..

Kadal raasa is at best an average.. lyrics does not sync with the tune at all ..

Africa music seems like some sports event music which we have heard before..

there can be no major criticism of this album from my side.. but nothing special .. my take is that even ARR fans wont like this album that much..

paranitharan
6th June 2013, 03:05 PM
Yes cop out. I'm sure you reslised that your argument was too weak to continue this.

ajaybaskar
6th June 2013, 03:06 PM
two melodies are like early 90's Rahman.. Nenje Ezhu feels nice.. but erkanave ketta maathiri irukku..

Kadal raasa is at best an average.. lyrics does not sync with the tune at all ..

there can be no major criticism of this album from my side.. but nothing special .. my take is that even ARR fans wont like this album that much..

Nandri saar. :)

paranitharan
6th June 2013, 03:06 PM
aananappatta bharathiraja, balachandar,mani'ae IR'ai nalla 'USE' panni kalattittaanga...vidungappaa...ithai poi perusu pesikkittu...

Aamma illaena, IR would have never had a decent career in music.

mappi
6th June 2013, 03:08 PM
#engaponaraasa..

rinse.. repeat.. #puyal

Padan ... I really did not get what you say here ! is it how you (or someone else felt/feel) while listening to the song ?

Brianengab
6th June 2013, 03:10 PM
Aamma illaena, IR would have never had a decent career in music.

oh #shock...

ajaybaskar
6th June 2013, 03:27 PM
Yes cop out. I'm sure you reslised that your argument was too weak to continue this.

Aama sir. Neenga eduthu vachcha counter argumentsla enakku allu vutturuchu. Ippadi orutharkitta ivlo neram pesunadhe naan senja poorvajenma baakkiyamnu purinjadhu. :)

Cinemarasigan
6th June 2013, 03:30 PM
one must learn to differentiate between political statements and reality statements.
Danush must have learnt from Kamal :p

:confused2:

mappi
6th June 2013, 03:31 PM
Paattu epdi irukku? Unga karuththu enna? :)

Not going into much details on composing and sound mixing, this is what I have to say about Mariyaan album :

Firstly, a soothing album from ARR. The only probleme that I could see is how its pictorised, as I do cannot visualise the song style with the suituation it would actually take place. For instance, I fear that couple of songs could extend the dragging moments, notably the "miraging" desert escape. Going by the lyrics, I am quite sure there is a song in there. Talking about lyrics, I usually had problems with the treatment of words given by ARR. For instance, Enga Pona Raasaa lyrics and the humming just don't blend, eventhough its my pick of the album - merely the chords beat it out.

Secondly, Nenjae Ezhu stands out to be an athem kind , rather than the motivating kind. Again the music and lyrics do not dance well. But ARR pitch was too good (sorry, getting technical here)

Thirdly, as in Kadal, I am surprised to see fisher men singing "Sona Pariya" (Golden Fairy) ... well if its to please the fans with a dance number I do not have a problem with it.

Finaly, the less talked about song I love My Africa song. Its just amazing to see it comming from OUR composer ARR. Here he has yet again set up a standard to the world.

Nenjae Ezhu : Athem

Innum Konjam : Lovely duet

Naetru Aval : Sad and dragging

Sonapareeya : Energetic (expect for the girl screaming in the middle of the song just as in the Tokyo Drift song)

Enga Pona Raasaa : Soothing

I Love My Africa : Best composition of an african song. I have heard a lot and this one is in par with them. Spl. Mention to the sound mixing. Its joyful, Mother Africa.

Kadal Raasa Naan : Nothing much to say except for YSR and ARR combo (does remind me of Kadhalar Dhinam - but I always had the "deja-heard" problem with certain ARR songs)

Mariyaan : Full meals.

SoftSword
6th June 2013, 03:55 PM
Padan ... I really did not get what you say here ! is it how you (or someone else felt/feel) while listening to the song ?

try listening to the song peacefully and find it for urself at the mentioned places..

SoftSword
6th June 2013, 04:01 PM

ei semabaa... nee ipdiyellaam pesi naan paatthadhe illabaa...

Roshan
6th June 2013, 04:55 PM
Ajay :)

Sunil_M88
6th June 2013, 05:08 PM
After many hearings, I Think I've compiled ALL MY FAVOURITES in order. Yes all
songs are my favourites... So Why Am I still being Fussy? Well here are some
factors and time marks which cause me to be moony!

"Nenjae Ezhu" - A favourite that still remains a favourite! There isn't any
technical jargon explanation behind this. To cut a long story short, when we
hear songs, we like to feel pure emotions and this song does exactly that.
Rahman Ji's voice causes a serious telepathic vibe which allows me to explore
what I want to with spiritual guidance.

"Innum Konjam" – The overall melody is highly diverging and yet somehow
possesses a soothing power. The best example of this melodic fluctuation is in
the second "Charanam" when Swetha Mohan sings, "Unakaaga Kaathirupen
Kaathirupenya.." There are many obvious evidences supporting my excitement but
I've chosen this one. Shweta Mohan's voice has this fragile texture which
resonates celestially. Furthermore, I feel the orchestration behests me to press
repeat every time. Without knowing the translation of this song, I had already
felt the essence of the song i.e. Tamil - M: Innum konjam neram irunthal-thaan
enna. Yen avasaram? Enna avasaram? English - Why don't you stay there for some
more time? Why such an urgency? What makes you to hurry? The lyrics convey my
feelings as I see myself hearing this numerous times on end!

So far my order for Maryan is following its track list order! The next one is
where things starts to get difficult. "Sonapareeya" or "Enga Pona Raasaa"? Hell,
what am I saying, all the remaining tracks make it arduous for me to decide my
favourite! If "Sonpareeya" exhibits those lovely raga touches via Javed Ali then
"Enga Pona Raasa" exhibits a dreamy highland like hum. If the former triggers
cavorting then the latter rocks you lightly as if you're a baby in a cradle.
Both are equally super depending on one's mood!

"Naetru Aval" has this choral in the ambiance which expands our boundaries so
much so that we become lost. Some call it the reverb effect but I call it a
perpetual sermon and Rahman Ji astutely makes us feel so tiny by creating such
grand majestic songs that we have no choice but to accept the fact that
ultimately we are nothing but slaves to his songs. They way Vijay Prakash
chants, "Aagayathil nooru nilaakkal. Angangey neela purakkalum parandhana" is
enough for us to forget ourselves. Chinmayi too takes us on a journey far far
away to an ethereal realm. We are floating after the song finishes!

"I Love My Africa"- The rhythm changes when Rahman Ji sings, "Welcome to
Africa!" which boosts wonderment in us. The horns have this warm feel that give
us great hospitality when we hear the song. The pads and the line, "Oh Mama
Africa" make me feel like reminiscing my childhood days in nursery. In the
song's penultimate part we have the authentic tribal sound (not that Blaaze
sounded faux) and the song matures to an unparalleled splendour.

"Kadal Raasa Naan" also comes with a fair share of repeat values, my favourite
being the "Shehnai" part from 03.44 to 04.00. The way the "Shehnai" tune ascends
plucks many emotional strings and it then descends, which causes butterflies
like the ones you get on roller coasters. The prelude and Yuvan's voice also
leave us grasping for more. Rahman Ji teases with us with many twists and turns
hence we feel dizzy after listening to such song.

Again all songs are equally my favourites but I wanted to challenge myself to
see if I can decide on favourites so here you have it:

1. "Nenjae Ezhu"
2. "Innum Konjam"
3. "Sonapareeya"
4. "Enga Pona Raasa
5. "Naetru Aval"
6. "I Love My Africa"
7. "Kadal Raasa Naan"

ajaybaskar
6th June 2013, 05:14 PM
Dhanush (@dhanushkraja) tweeted at 4:50 PM on Thu, Jun 06, 2013:
Chennai welcomes me with rain .. love this weather. Driving around with maryan and raanjhanaa songs
(https://twitter.com/dhanushkraja/status/342601804305027073)

mappi
6th June 2013, 05:59 PM
try listening to the song peacefully and find it for urself at the mentioned places..

Oh! OK.
I have an exactly opposite approach the song had on me. It put me in a dry state. My understanding is that the sorrow embedded in the song is as a "bitter-wait (weight)" than griefness. I would say the rain is yet to come. Thats how I approached the song.

Anyway, interesting to see what others have to say.

Anban
6th June 2013, 09:37 PM
hahaha... btw ippo thaan ennoda brother, antha kodumaiyaaana "sonaapareeyaa, thaanaa vareeyaa" paattu Mariyaan padam-nu sonnaaru .. :lol: this is one of ARR's worst song ever.. has a 3rd grade movie feel to it ..

SoftSword
6th June 2013, 09:49 PM
Oh! OK.
I have an exactly opposite approach the song had on me. It put me in a dry state. My understanding is that the sorrow embedded in the song is as a "bitter-wait (weight)" than griefness. I would say the rain is yet to come. Thats how I approached the song.

Anyway, interesting to see what others have to say.

the rain anology is used for the way the instruments are used, the orch... you would understand this if you see the sound wave graph for that track...

SoftSword
6th June 2013, 09:51 PM
hahaha... btw ippo thaan ennoda brother, antha kodumaiyaaana "sonaapareeyaa, thaanaa vareeyaa" paattu Mariyaan padam-nu sonnaaru .. :lol: this is one of ARR's worst song ever.. has a 3rd grade movie feel to it ..

agree on the sonapareeya song...
its a bit out of place and gives me the feeling of thiruvallikkeni rani from udhaya...
i don like that song much too...

Anban
6th June 2013, 09:55 PM
agree on the sonapareeya song...
its a bit out of place and gives me the feeling of thiruvallikkeni rani from udhaya...
i don like that song much too... infact the tune is good.. but the lyrics and singing are just plain shocking !!

Anban
6th June 2013, 10:00 PM
is this director Bharat Bala a Tamil ?? or atleast an aragora Tamilan like Mani Ratnam ?

Dilbert
7th June 2013, 06:40 AM
is this director Bharat Bala a Tamil ?? or atleast an aragora Tamilan like Mani Ratnam ?

:rotfl: another age old joke Chennaians consider themselves has Full Boiled tamilians Kozha adi sandai.

SS : its a brilliant album ARR has delivered after long time , my initial pick was only couple of songs. ARR :clap:

SoftSword
7th June 2013, 02:56 PM

mylapore mama...

A.ANAND
7th June 2013, 04:28 PM

LOL!semma timing!

Cinemarasigan
7th June 2013, 04:30 PM
mylapore mama...

is it? I thought this guy is from Kerala... idhu varikkum endha padamum eduttha maadhiri therilayE?

SoftSword
7th June 2013, 06:39 PM
he has done some short films and as a mainstream one this is the first.
adhanaala dhaan expectations kammi...

Brianengab
18th June 2013, 02:52 PM
Finally Maryan has been censored with U/A certificate...Tentative release date s 27th jun...:)

SoftSword
19th June 2013, 03:54 PM
21st is ranjhana no?

Brianengab
19th June 2013, 04:30 PM
yeah..bt news around the media says lik it..actually both the film producers planned to release on the same day..bt due to delayed censoring process, maryan s releasing 5 days after the release of Ranjhnaa... bt ambikabathi release date s still in dilemma..

Brianengab
19th June 2013, 07:50 PM
Sreedhar Pillai ‏@sri50 5h
#Maryan update - When @dhanushkraja was asked he said film censoring process yet 2 b completed.

NOV
23rd June 2013, 05:21 PM
AR Rahman & Danush LIVE on Jaya TV Now!!!!
Don't miss

gane14
23rd June 2013, 06:26 PM
Its rare that Rahman talks so much in a show, nice to see Rahman speaking a lot :)

Exclusive ah "kadal Rasa" song poduromnu, trailerla vandha kadal rasa parta cut panni podra jaya tv, vazhthukkal nalla varuvinga :banghead:

cokepepsi
24th June 2013, 12:10 PM
Its rare that Rahman talks so much in a show, nice to see Rahman speaking a lot :)

Exclusive ah "kadal Rasa" song poduromnu, trailerla vandha kadal rasa parta cut panni podra jaya tv, vazhthukkal nalla varuvinga :banghead:

:lol:

mexicomeat
24th June 2013, 02:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X51WlKym8pU

Brianengab
25th June 2013, 03:19 PM
http://tamilcinema24.com/photo-galleries/celebrity-tweets-today-51/images/celebrity-tweets-today-5103.jpg

balaajee
25th June 2013, 05:21 PM
Mariyaan release postponed again

Bharatbala's much awaited Dhanush starrer 'Mariyaan' which was expected to hit screens this weekend on June 27th, has now been postponed to release to next month. The film starring Dhanush and Parvathi Menon in lead roles will probabaly release in the second week ok July as Suriya's Singam 2 is releasing on July 5.
Produced by Aascar Ravichandran, Mariyaan has music scored by A R Rahman. Dhanush will be playing the role of a construction fisherman and Parvathi Menon of 'Poo' fame is playing his love interest in the role of Panimalar.

Dhanush's Bollywood debut film 'Raanjhanaa' hit the screens last week and is running successfully giving the young and talented actor a hit in his debut in Hindi. However Dhanush's Ambikapathy (Tamil version of Raanjhanaa) is hitting the screens on June 28 as announced. Dhanush and Sonam Kapoor play the lead roles in the film directed by Anand L Rai which also has music by A R Rahman.

Brianengab
25th June 2013, 11:25 PM
Sreedhar Pillai ‏@sri50 3h
#Maryan update - Trade sources have indicated that release has been pushed to July 12/19,.:(

Brianengab
26th June 2013, 07:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XXm19LBLQXQ

Dilbert
27th June 2013, 10:55 AM
my espatation has gone up seval folds for this movie ya after seeing Raanjhnaa !!

balaajee
27th June 2013, 01:01 PM
ஆரோ 3டி தொழில்நுட்பத்தில் மரியான்

சினிமாவில் புதுப்புது தொழில்நுட்பம் வளர்ந்துவருகிறது. அதற்கு உதாரணம் சமீபத்தில் கமலின் இயக்கம், நடிப்பு, தயாரிப்பில் வ*ெளிவந்த விஸ்வரூபம் படம். இப்படத்தில் ஆரோ 3 டி என்னும் புதிய தொழில்நுட்பத்தை கமல் கொண்டுவந்தார். இந்த தொழில்நுட்பம் இப்போது தமிழ் சினிமாவிலும் பரவலாக பயன்படுத்தப்பட்டு வருகிறது. ஏற்*கனவே அமீரின் ஆதிபகவன் படம் ஆரோ 3டி தொழில்நுட்பத்தில் வெளியான நிலையில் இப்போது இன்னொரு படமும் இந்த வரிசையில் இணைந்திருக்கிறது. அது தனுஷின் மரியான் படம். பரத்பாலா இயக்கத்தில் தனுஷ், பார்வதி நடிப்பில் உருவாகியிருக்கும் படம் மரியான். இப்படத்திற்கு ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான் இசையமைத்துள்ளார். இப்படத்தின் ஷுட்டிங் எல்லாம் முடிந்து போஸ்ட் *புரொடக்ஷன் வேலைகள் நடைபெற்று வரும் நிலையில் தற்போது ஆரோ 3டி தொழில்நுட்பத்தை இப்படத்தில் சேர்த்துள்ளனர். இதற்கான பணிகள் சென்னை ஏ.வி.எம். ஸ்டூடியோவில் நடைபெற்று வருகிறது.

இதுகுறித்து மரியான் படத்தின் டைரக்டர் பரத்பாலா கூறியதாவது:

ஆரோ 3டி ஒலிக்காக மேம்படுத்தப்பட்ட அமைவிட ஒலி செய்முறைகளுக்கு ஏற்ற, ஆரோ தொழில்நுட்பம் அத்திரைப்பட அனுபவத்தினை ஒரு ஆழ்ந்த அனுபவமாக மாற்ற எனக்கு உதவியது. இது அத்திரைப்படத்திற்கு ஒரு புதிய ஜீவனை வழங்கியுள்ளது மற்றும் முன்னெப்போதும் அனுபவித்திராத அளவிற்கு கதையும் பார்வையாளர்கள் ஒன்றிப்போகும் அனுபவத்தினை இது சாத்தியமாக்கியுள்ளது என்றார்.

Brianengab
29th June 2013, 10:11 PM
Finally frm the mouth of director..

#Maryan - Releasing This 19th July '13

Brianengab
14th July 2013, 04:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=80kRyL58pdU

mexicomeat
15th July 2013, 06:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSswZZmKkdM

mexicomeat
15th July 2013, 06:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLKKsYiCMvc

NOV
16th July 2013, 09:08 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPQfXcNCYAAUHda.jpg:large

SoftSword
16th July 2013, 03:26 PM
my expectations on this movie is going down day after day seeing bharatbala making too much noise on twitter...
this could well be a disaster...

mareen
16th July 2013, 10:59 PM
my expectations on this movie is going down day after day seeing bharatbala making too much noise on twitter...

I agree. Plus delays to any movie doesnt do itself any favour.

NOV
17th July 2013, 09:25 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPWMtcQCEAMPHJr.jpg:large

Anban
17th July 2013, 12:18 PM
the only problem is Bharath Bala (assumption only, could be proven wrong) / Mani Ratnam are typical educated brahmin types who have no idea about the life and sensibility of people living outside the cities .. hence, even a good story suffers in execution and nativity .. i think this is Bharath Bala's first normal Tamil movie.. maamaa, "maryan"-nu peterised tone-la tweet panraar.. romba kastam .. :P but surely this movie is going to be technically good indeed.. acting kooda nalla irukkunnu thaan solluvaanga..

Aascar Ravi is a shrewd guy, he wont invest much money in peterization .. but he is a big ARR fan ..

PS: this is the assumption abt Bharath Bala .. but ippo thaan avaru pesura video paathen.. romba periya peter maathiri theriala.. we cud be in for a surprise here ... padam nalla irukkumonu kooda thonuthu ..

PPS: trailer ippo paathen .. ROJA padathoda summary-a eduthu ultaa panni eduthurukkaaru pola.. the trailer has tooo many spoilers .. :(

Anban
17th July 2013, 12:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X51WlKym8pU
very sensible speech .. well done yuvan ..

SoftSword
17th July 2013, 03:18 PM
the only problem is Bharath Bala (assumption only, could be proven wrong) / Mani Ratnam are typical educated brahmin types who have no idea about the life and sensibility of people living outside the cities .. hence, even a good story suffers in execution and nativity .. i think this is Bharath Bala's first normal Tamil movie.. maamaa, "maryan"-nu peterised tone-la tweet panraar.. romba kastam .. :P but surely this movie is going to be technically good indeed.. acting kooda nalla irukkunnu thaan solluvaanga..

Aascar Ravi is a shrewd guy, he wont invest much money in peterization .. but he is a big ARR fan ..

PS: this is the assumption abt Bharath Bala .. but ippo thaan avaru pesura video paathen.. romba periya peter maathiri theriala.. we cud be in for a surprise here ... padam nalla irukkumonu kooda thonuthu ..

PPS: trailer ippo paathen .. ROJA padathoda summary-a eduthu ultaa panni eduthurukkaaru pola.. the trailer has tooo many spoilers .. :(

i agree... the roja effect is there...
also about the sensibilites, i am not expecting it here... i think this movie is marketed as a technical brilliance..
and oscar ravi... i dont understand if he has given up already on the markettin... my hope abt this movie doing well is 20%

Brianengab
17th July 2013, 08:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sRyGaBn0Ls0

somu_87
17th July 2013, 09:07 PM
i agree... the roja effect is there...
also about the sensibilites, i am not expecting it here... i think this movie is marketed as a technical brilliance..
and oscar ravi... i dont understand if he has given up already on the markettin... my hope abt this movie doing well is 20%

Roja effect ?? :roll: .. husband in captivity, wifee longing for husband.. so Roja ? I dont think Roja is just that alone and Mariyaan too. Mariyaan will have its own flavors i believe, I think its more about survival/sustainability/inner will to stay alive in the dessert and go back to his love. I am very eager to see how danusss handled those survival scenes... i am sure comparisons to cast away/tom hanks will be made once the film is out

but still holding my tongue until the movie releases :???:

BM
17th July 2013, 09:38 PM
Roja effect ?? :roll: .. husband in captivity, wifee longing for husband.. so Roja ? I dont think Roja is just that alone and Mariyaan too. Mariyaan will have its own flavors i believe, I think its more about survival/sustainability/inner will to stay alive in the dessert and go back to his love. I am very eager to see how danusss handled those survival scenes... i am sure comparisons to cast away/tom hanks will be made once the film is out

but still holding my tongue until the movie releases :???:

Without seeing the username, i thought it is by Mappi lol.

Anban
17th July 2013, 11:57 PM
saw the two dialogue teasers.. i think it will be foolish to have a prejudice abt this Bharat Bala guy before the movie release.. dialogue delivery ellaam nalla thaan irukkura maathiri irukku .. song videos thaan konjam comedy .. padam nallaa irukku, but romba slow-nu talk varumnu nenaikkiren ... namma ooru makkala thirutha mudiyaathu ..

NOV
18th July 2013, 07:41 AM
Maryan releasing in nearly 350 screens in TN. Advance booking is good in Chennai multiplexes.
Maryan is getting a lot of screens in North India, especially in multiplexes due to craze surrounding Dhanush & Raanjhanaa.

satissh_r
18th July 2013, 08:16 AM
Maryan releasing in nearly 350 screens in TN. Advance booking is good in Chennai multiplexes.
Maryan is getting a lot of screens in North India, especially in multiplexes due to craze surrounding Dhanush & Raanjhanaa.

When have you planned to watch? Let the first review be yours :-)

NOV
18th July 2013, 08:18 AM
ayyo!
Mahen, where art thou? :D

dell_gt
18th July 2013, 08:30 AM
Malaysia

Date: Friday, 19 Jul 2013

TGV CINEMAS - BUKIT TINGGI, Klang
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)
11:30AM 02:40PM 05:45PM 09:00PM

MBO - GALAXY CINEPLEX, Kuala Lumpur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)
12:20PM 03:20PM 06:20PM 09:20PM 12:20AM

MBO - BREM MALL KEPONG, Kuala Lumpur

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)
12:00PM 03:00PM 06:00PM 09:00PM 12:00AM

MBO - KULIM LANDMARK CENTRAL, Kulim

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)
12:30PM 03:30PM 06:30PM 09:30PM 12:30AM

MBO - TAIPING SENTRAL, Taiping

Mariyaan, 2D (P13) *

MBO - SITIAWAN, Sitiawan

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)
12:15PM 03:15PM 06:15PM 09:15PM 12:15AM

MBO - CITTA MALL, Petaling Jaya

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)

MBO - KOMPLEKS TERUNTUM KUANTAN, Kuantan

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)
03:00PM 06:00PM 09:00PM 12:00AM

MBO - SPACE U8 MALL, Shah Alam

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)

MBO - KLUANG MALL, Kluang

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)

MBO - HARBOUR PLACE, Klang

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)
12:00PM 12:30PM 03:00PM 03:30PM 06:00PM 06:30PM 09:00PM 09:30PM 12:00AM 12:30AM

MBO - MELAKA MALL, Malacca

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)
03:00PM 06:00PM 09:00PM

LOTUS FIVE STAR - CAPITOL SELAYANG, Selayang
Tel: 03-61384881

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)

LOTUS FIVE STAR - SENTUL CINEPLEX, Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-40422525

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)

LOTUS FIVE STAR - COLISEUM CINEPLEX, Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-26925995

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)

LOTUS FIVE STAR - METRO PLAZA KAJANG, Kajang
Tel: 03-87396502

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)
12:15PM 05:45PM 11:45PM

LOTUS FIVE STAR - STATE CINEPLEX PJ, Petaling Jaya
Tel: 03-79607881

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)

LOTUS FIVE STAR - SRI INTAN KLANG, Klang
Tel: 03-33425870

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)
12:00PM 06:00PM 12:00AM

LOTUS FIVE STAR - SHAW CENTREPOINT, Klang
Tel: 03-33422381

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)

LOTUS FIVE STAR - KIARA SQUARE BAHAU, Seremban
Tel: 06-4546555

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)
12:00PM 03:00PM 06:00PM 09:00PM

LOTUS FIVE STAR - BUKIT JAMBUL PENANG, Bayan Lepas
Tel: 04-6401515

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)

LOTUS FIVE STAR - PRANGIN MALL, Georgetown
Tel: 04-2501880

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)

LOTUS FIVE STAR - BUTTERWORTH, Butterworth
Tel: 04-3101081

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)

LOTUS FIVE STAR - SERI KINTA IPOH, Ipoh
Tel: 05-2490881

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)
12:15PM 03:15PM 06:15PM 09:30PM 12:30AM

LOTUS FIVE STAR - CINEPLEX PERLING MALL, Johor Bahru
Tel: 07-2413775

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)
12:30PM 03:30PM 06:30PM 09:30PM 12:30AM

LOTUS FIVE STAR - PLAZA TASIK SKUDAI JB, Johor Bahru
Tel: 07-5541881

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)

LOTUS FIVE STAR - SKUDAI PARADE, Skudai
Tel: 07-5540184

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)

GRAND CINEPLEX - VILLAGE MALL, Sungai Petani
Tel: 04-4226190

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)
04:35PM 09:25PM 12:45AM

SUPERSTAR CINEMA - TODAY'S MALL ULU TIRAM, Ulu Tiram
Tel: 07-8613653

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)
11:00AM 01:35PM 03:35PM 04:30PM 07:25PM 10:20PM 11:20PM

NOV
18th July 2013, 08:35 AM
Thanks Jay.... what about tonight? Any special shows tonight?
BTW, Maryaan will also be screened in GSC cinemas...

NOV
18th July 2013, 08:35 AM
Thanks Jay.... what about tonight? Any special shows tonight?
BTW, Maryaan will also be screened in GSC cinemas...

dell_gt
18th July 2013, 09:14 AM
i guess this is not updated yet...

Date: Thursday, 18 Jul 2013

MBO - GALAXY CINEPLEX, Kuala Lumpur

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)
12:20PM 03:20PM 06:20PM 09:20PM

MBO - HARBOUR PLACE, Klang

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)
12:00PM 12:30PM 03:00PM 03:30PM 06:00PM 06:30PM 09:00PM 09:30PM

MBO - MELAKA MALL, Malacca

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)
03:00PM 06:00PM 09:00PM

MBO - TERMINAL 2 SEREMBAN, Seremban

Mariyaan, 2D (P13)
12:00PM 03:00PM 06:00PM 09:00PM

NOV
18th July 2013, 09:25 AM
I dont think this is true Jay. Just went to MBO site and found that they movie is only playing tomorrow!

NOV
18th July 2013, 09:35 AM
Malaysia List - 50 cinemas!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPbTXE5CcAA7gJw.jpg:large

NOV
18th July 2013, 09:37 AM
Bombay List

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPYoj7qCIAAZkMP.jpg:large

Cinemarasigan
18th July 2013, 10:08 AM

Mariyan got secondary halls only in chennai Multiplexes.. In Sathyam cineplex, it has got Santham; In Abirami Mall it is releasing in swarna sakthi... Even with Aascar banner and Rahman music Dhanush' movie could not get premium screens...

NOV
18th July 2013, 10:25 AM
Why Karthi?
Any other big releases? :roll:

Cinemarasigan
18th July 2013, 11:21 AM
Why Karthi?
Any other big releases? :roll:

Singam 2 is still running in these screens..

NOV
19th July 2013, 07:18 AM
Excellent reviews from all who watched the preview show.

Award winning performance by Danush
Special mentions were made on AR Rahman, Parvathhi & the cinematography

A.ANAND
19th July 2013, 08:53 AM
TFU Kannan ‏@TFU_Kannan 9时 #Maryan opens to amazing reports after the preview show today. Looks like a winner already! Can't wait to catch it tomorrow!!

A.ANAND
19th July 2013, 08:54 AM
To start with 'Maryan' has some promising name in the cards. Dhanush , a National award winner, Bharat Bala- a former National award jury and a popular Ad film maker,Parvathy Menon- a sensible actress who opts for performance oriented roles, last but not lest the legendary AR Rahman's songs. Whether all these technically brilliant names created the much needed magic?, read no to know...

The film starts with Maryan's (Dhanush) telephone call from Africa to Panimalar (Parvathy). The first half of the film told as a flashback on the relationship between Maryan and Panimalar. Bharat Bala has beautifully sketched his characters which is one of the major strengths of Maryan. Especially the film captures the life of fisherman folks which so much reality and the natural film making gives the earthy feel to the movie.

Dhanush has one again come up with a splendid performance as Maryan. Maryan is a subtle,ferocious young man and he will go extreme to support his loved ones. There so many awe moments in the film, especially the scene where Dhanush slaps Parvathy during his closed ones death receives a thundering applause. Dhanush's phone call to Parvathy from the African terrorist camp is another scene which shows Dhanush is a tremendous actor at any day.The way Dhanush cries,laughs, suffer are close to sheer perfection and one must say that Maryan is one his best roles in recent times.

Coming to the heroine , Parvathy's character is not a ordinary glam doll role, if Maryan's energy during his struggle in Africa is Panimalar then Parvathy's character should create huge impact among the viewers and Parvathy did a fabulous job. The chemistry between Dhanush and Parvathy is so real and the magic is literally evident on screen.Parvathy once again proved that she is one actress who can deliver excellent performance in any kind of role.The other small characters like Appu Kutty,Uma Riyaz,Jagan,Imman found a place in our heart which is a victory for both the director and all these actors.

Marc Koninckx 's cinematography is crystal clear. The cinematographer has used different colour tones for the scenes in India and Africa. Even some of angles are too good, especially the African portions are simply superb. Editing by Vivek Harshan is adequate.

Coming to the music, after Mani Ratnam's films Bharat Bala has used AR Rahman's songs as a part of BGM and also an element in moving the screenplay of the movie. We all know the entire album is chart buster but in the film 'Nenjey Ezhu' stands tall so as Innum Konjam Neram. Nenjey Ezhu lifts the scene with electrifying energy and it is so inspiring.

Bharat Bala is a wonderful gift to Tamil cinema, his characterizations are well detailed and real as possible in a cinema format. Another interesting thing is that there is a novel, dramatic and musical touch to his scene conceiving which is a rarity is Tamil cinema. A best example is where Dhanush remembering Parvathy and her dream presence is something novel and the climax 'sea' logic during fight sequence is brilliant.

On the negative side though the director sketched all other characters in a detailed fashion, the African Terrorists were not sketched well. They were merely shown as a villain, instead it would be nice if they are portrayed with a solid reason on why they were very cruel. May be the director would have narrated the story in Maryan's point of view and Maryan don't know much about their demands or need.

On the whole Maryan is a feel good movie with a novel touch is present throughout . Watch it for the excellent acting, good music and a neat narration.

Verdict : Maryan - a heart stealer all the way!

http://cinemalead.com/moviereview-id-maryan-movie-review-maryan-review-mariyaan-review-mariyan-review-maryan-tamil-movie-review-review147.htm

arulraj
19th July 2013, 01:21 PM
MARYAN MOVIE REVIEWAce ad filmmaker Bharathbala makes his Tamil feature film debut with Maryan, which sees the return of Dhanush to Tamil films after a sizable hiatus post 3. With the best possible technical crew assisting the director, Maryan comes with the promise of delivering great music and visuals. Maryan also continues the recent love affair that Tamil cinema seems to be having with the state’s coastal areas.

The trailer gave us the perfect gist of the tale with elements like love, separation, struggle, survival and hope being the pivotal emotions. We have to admit that the movie is exactly what the trailer led us to believe.

Maryan is a spirited young man who shares a deep bond with the sea and calls himself the ‘Prince of the Ocean’ as that is where he plies his trade and earns his livelihood in an adventurous manner. Circumstances surrounding his lady love Panimalar, force him to seek employment as a construction worker in Sudan. Just as he is about to return home, things take a turn for the worse.

Will the power of Maryan’s love for Panimalar cross geographical boundaries and prove to be his elixir?

The movie’s pace is leisurely all the way and the director might have deliberately slowed it down for the audience to feel the intensity of the emotions longer. The first half is mostly used to set up the deep bond between Maryan and Panimalar and whether this bond can withstand all the pain and suffering, is what the second half narrates.

Marc Koninckx’s visuals are poetic and out-of-this-world as he has fully exploited the wide visual canvas that Bharathbala has offered him. You might be reminded of Kadal and Neerparavai though, as the setting is the same.

A.R.Rahman has used the tunes of the magical ‘Enga Pona Raasa’ and ‘Kadal Raasa Naan’ prominently as part of the movie’s background score and this will resonate in your heart, long after the show is over. The wizard has brought his A-Game for the movie’s BGM score. His songs for the movie need no further mention but their visual treatment is mostly similar due to the repetitive situations and surroundings.

Dhanush has mastered pain and suffering on screen and he has apparently gone through an extraordinary physical struggle for the second half. His emotional prowess is displayed in the scenes when he mourns his dear friend’s loss, during his lovelorn phone calls with Panimalar and when he overcomes his starvation with an imaginary feast of seafood. When he bursts out and expresses how workers such as him are impoverished and helpless, you can feel his agony. Expect more awards to knock at the star’s doorstep.

His looks don’t have continuity at times and his hairstyle undergoes a noticeable change even within the same scene. The long production duration of Maryan shows.

Parvathy Menon is all oomph and looks really attractive in authentic native costumes. She is a terrific actress and shows her emoting range in Maryan. Her chemistry with Dhanush is really intimate and adds a lot of depth to the movie.

Among the support actors, Appukutty and Jagan have their moments as Maryan’s close friends while Uma Riyaz Khan is too loud and boisterous. The African villains are over-the-top and their modus operandi isn’t too logical and reasonable.

Ultimately, there is no questioning the crew’s hard work and the lead cast’s outstanding work. Maryan might not appeal to the common man seeking unadulterated entertainment but it is worth a trip to the theater nevertheless, for the very reasons mentioned above.

Verdict: A movie with breathtaking visuals, heart-stopping music,

terrifically talented cast set on a very leisurely paced narrative.

http://www.behindwoods.com/cmsadmin/images/star-3.gif

BM
19th July 2013, 01:23 PM
Padam romba sumaar. Press show reviewsa maranthutu expectation kammi pannitu paarunga.

arulraj
19th July 2013, 01:26 PM
MaryanClearly, one of most awaited movies of the year, Maryan has been well worth the wait. This superbly crafted film has three heroes- Dhanush as Maryan (Man without death), AR Rahman’s outstanding score and Marc Koninckxx evocative cinematography.
Debutant director Bharath Bala has told a simple, clichéd story of an underdog's struggle for survival in a new milieu and that’s what makes the film entertaining and inspiring. Maryan is a roller-coaster ride of exhilarating romance in the first half and heightened drama after interval.
Maryan (Dhanush) is an aggressive fisherman who is slowly attracted to the feisty Panimalar (Parvathy) who is crazy about him. But Theekkurissi (Vinayakan) a local moneylender sets his eye on the beautiful Pani and wants to marry her in return to the huge loan that her father (Salimkumar) had taken. To get Pani, Maryan decides to go and work in Sudan, Africa as a construction worker under a contract of two years.
But on the day of his return, he along with co-workers is abducted and held ransom by Africans to get money from the company they work for! Does Maryan escape from the hot deserts where he is tortured and held captive?
Even when the film slackens in the second half, it is the characters that hold you spellbound by their interactions, particularly the two protagonists Dhanush and Parvathy along with the supporting cast of Appukutty as Sakkarai and Jagan as Sami who leave a lasting impression.
Dhanush has once again given a committed and riveting performance and is the biggest strength of the film. His complete submission to the character he played and the physical strain he took in the rough terrains makes him a strong contender for another award winning performance. Parvathy is the right mix of natural beauty and vulnerability. Christopher Minnie as Wolf the menacing villain is a face you're unlikely to forget.
Technically, Bharath Bala has made a brilliant film. Maryan wouldn't be half the film if it weren't for Marc Koninckxx breathless, dazzling cinematography with a gamut of varied camera angles to convey emotions against the backdrop of the beautiful sea and dry African deserts. Much credit must go to AR Rahman for contributing some great tunes and a sumptuous soundtrack which proves a worthy accompaniment to the film's crackling narrative. Songs are placed well and goes with the narrative.
On the downside the film is slow and slips into indulgent lapses like the much hyped cheetah scene, which is confusing for the viewer who isn’t clear if it was real or just an illusion of the tired and hungry hero!
On the whole, Maryan is an experience worth your time.
Verdict: Good

NOV
19th July 2013, 02:06 PM
Mahen says nothing much. Quite boring. :roll:

I'm watching in an hour. :boo:

Mahen
19th July 2013, 02:57 PM
Padam remba summar..bland..ARR and dhanush kaga pakalam..arr's bgm :bow: watch out for the clown that acted as parvathys father..hilarious

uruzalari
19th July 2013, 03:05 PM
Padam remba summar..bland..ARR and dhanush kaga pakalam..arr's bgm :bow: watch out for the clown that acted as parvathys father..hilarious

With due respect he is a National Award Winner from Malayalam Cinema ............ the dubbing was not good though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salim_Kumar

Mahen
19th July 2013, 03:08 PM
:shock: his acting was so bad

VinodKumar's
19th July 2013, 03:40 PM
remba yethirpaathanae :|.

mappi
19th July 2013, 05:50 PM
Without seeing the username, i thought it is by Mappi lol.

LoL.
I appreciate and thank you for your remark (eventhough I could not pin down the motive behind it).
LoL

mappi
19th July 2013, 05:52 PM
Mariyan (as they have named it in the posters released in france) got relased here thru BR Film.
But only for 5 days in about 7 theatres with 2 shows a day (16h30 & 19h30 - note this sick showtiming).

Horrible is that I can't make it to the theatres, its a sure miss *so sad*

Anban
19th July 2013, 06:02 PM
why is life so predictable ??

reviews as expected .. must be a decent movie, i guess

NOV
19th July 2013, 06:30 PM
Caution: Mariyan runs for four hours :shock:

If you are expecting a taut thriller with lots of action and fast screenplay, you will be severely disappointed. Bharatbala forgot to tell us that Maryan is a love story with the "kednaping" thrown in as an extra. Lots of logical loopholes - please Danush, don't ever beat up groups of people - your body ain't convincing enough. Also after nine days of hunger, no one would expect you to fight and win. :sigh2:

First half was okay, but 2nd half was insufferable. Amateurish direction is so apparent. And as for cliches... :roll: ... Sudanese kednapers will sing "africa-africa" show their bare bodies, and shoot in the air for no reason. (If Bharatbala takes a movie in US, will the song be america-america?)
The most :rotfl: worthy scene was the song maryan... kadavule :banghead:

Story: Pani loves Mariyan and tries to make him succumb to her. After a few futile attempts she succeeds. Meanwhile the villain demands to marry her as payment for the debts of the father. So Maryan goes to Sudan to work and pay off. Alls well until the end of the 2 years contract and on the way, he and two other get kidnapped by the Sudanese. The remaining story is how Maryan survives the kidnapping and reunites with Pani.

Danush and Parvati are about the only pluses of the film. Jagan to a smaller extent too. Will Danush get an award? Why not? When teh story is bland and everything else is plain, his role shines brilliantly.

AR Rahman's songs are not as catchy as in Kadal and the BGM is okay. Lots of cliches too.
Camerawork is good, but really... a santhosh sivan would have captured the scenes brilliantly. Don't know why it needed a hollywood cinematographer.

Given the Sudanese real life situation, in the hands of an able director like Vasantha Balan, a wonderful story could have been spinned which could have become a master piece. :roll:
And to think BharatBala mentioned Aadukkalam :sigh2:

Watch if you must, but be warned. ;)

p/s: Maryan does not run 4 hours. It just seems so :p

Avadi to America
19th July 2013, 06:41 PM

If you are expecting a taut thriller with lots of action and fast screenplay, you will be severely disappointed. Bharatbala forgot to tell us that Maryan is a love story with the "kednaping" thrown in as an extra. Lots of logical loopholes - please Danush, don't ever beat up groups of people - your body ain't convincing enough. Also after nine days of hunger, no one would expect you to fight and win. :sigh2:

First half was okay, but 2nd half was insufferable. Amateurish direction is so apparent. And as for cliches... :roll: ... Sudanese kednapers will sing "africa-africa" show their bare bodies, and shoot in the air for no reason. (If Bharatbala takes a movie in US, will the song be america-america?)

Story: Pani loves Mariyan and tries to make him succumb to her. After a few futile attempts she succeeds. Meanwhile the villain demands to marry her as payment for the debts of the father. So Maryan goes to Sudan to work and pay off. Alls well until the end of the 2 years contract and on the way, he and two other get kidnapped by the Sudanese. The remaining story is how Maryan survives the kidnapping and reunites with Pani.

Danush and Parvati are about the only pluses of the film. Jagan to a smaller extent too. Will Danush get an award? Why not? When teh story is bland and everything else is plain, his role shines brilliantly.

AR Rahman's songs are not as catchy as in Kadal and the BGM is okay. Lots of cliches too.
Camerawork is good, but really... a santhosh sivan would have captured the scenes brilliantly. Don't know why it needed a hollywood cinematographer.

Given the Sudanese real life situation, in the hands of an able director like Vasantha Balan, a wonderful story could have been spinned which could have become a master piece. :roll:

NOV.... enna ippadi soliteenga.... Naan dhanushukaga parkalamnu irunthen.....

NOV
19th July 2013, 06:45 PM
NOV.... enna ippadi soliteenga.... Naan dhanushukaga parkalamnu irunthen.....Danushkaaga mattum paarkkalaam :lol:

selvamohankumar
19th July 2013, 07:40 PM

Just counting the number of sad or non positive smiley, i can understand the movie's result.. Thanks NOV

mappi
19th July 2013, 07:43 PM
Just counting the number of sad or non positive smiley

Caution : Don't read these lines while having water in your mouth. I just "water-washed" my laptop ... LoL

NOV
19th July 2013, 07:48 PM
Caution : Don't read these lines while having water in your mouth. I just "water-washed" my laptop ... LoL:rotfl:
you are awesome mappi :p

Dilbert
19th July 2013, 08:29 PM
its sad another one bites the dust.. looks like Nesamani ponniya theru for this movie :rotfl:

I am planning to watch this over the weekend, definitely for Heroine whata matured babe :just wow:

ARR sangs are always funny when you change few words .. This movie was no exception.. our group decided to change "Ne" to "Ku" for
mariyaan nenje ezhu - sang

A.ANAND
19th July 2013, 09:17 PM
Danushkaaga mattum paarkkalaam :lol:

innuma'ya ivaroda review ellam nambikittu irukeenga!!!avaro oru 'pilla poochiya'!!!appavi..ha...ha..!!

arulraj
19th July 2013, 09:18 PM
Some negative tweets .......

Yenga pona rasa!! Mandakanji pochu!!

Audience started to say flop after the scene of "parvathy tears making wet Dhanush lips in desert" poetic?! scene turned to worst

When tweets mention acting, cinematography, music & nothing on the film as a whole, read between the lines. Maryan disappoints, not Dhanush!

#Mariyaan (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Mariyaan&src=hash) ~ 'Empty ground! Adhaan pattaa pottila'! Addicted to all #Parvathy (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Parvathy&src=hash) scenes! Thats it!!

#Maryan (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Maryan&src=hash) - Disappointed :( Only Dhanush, Cinematography and Music are +ves, -Negatives - African Villain gang,final fight spoiled it, romance

Frnd: Maryan and Singam 2 kinda similar no? Me: Thaa.. Ena da solra?Frnd: Both d leads fights Africans da.Me: Runs to find Thodapakatai

#Mariyaan (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Mariyaan&src=hash) lead actors are exceptional but what brings down is the pace! May not appeal to all, but worth "a" watch... @dhanushkraja (https://twitter.com/dhanushkraja)

#mariyan (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23mariyan&src=hash) - pathetic :-( dhanush awesomatic _/\_ cinematography magnificent B-) dhanush flop streak despite stellar performance continues

Anban
19th July 2013, 09:28 PM
http://www.adrasaka.com/2013/07/blog-post_5457.html?spref=tw&m=1

Anban
19th July 2013, 09:31 PM
This movie was no exception.. our group decided to change "Ne" to "Ku" for
mariyaan nenje ezhu - sang
itha thaan naanum romba naalaa nenachuttu irukken ..

Brianengab
19th July 2013, 10:42 PM
wow..wt a movie yaar..sumaar'na kidaiyathu...piramaathamaana padam...
dhanush+ARR bgm stole the screen....only minus s slow screenplay..bt tat doesnt uninterest us bcos of dhanush acting..

the terrorists (so called) r irritating...they r telling the company moneys belongs to them.. they could do social activities against govt./company to get their rights..then y they r so rude.. :roll:... or my point of view s wrong...

thalaivar bgm s superb..mindblowing... every time he gives diff. genre for every films... u r genius...

the villain character s completely unuse to the plot...could be avoided tat char...song situation s forcefully putted..

My rating - 3.5/5...

ajaybaskar
19th July 2013, 11:01 PM
Excellent first half with lot of 'wow' moments. Dragging second half with lot of 'sigh' moments. Post interval, the plot became quite similar to that of Roja. It also showed why Maniratnam is highly rated.

What an actor this Dhanush is becoming!! If Kamal has a successor in terms of acting, it should be this one. And TFI should feel for not having used Parvathy after Poo. Both made a great pair and the lead up to 'Innum konja neram' is one of the highlights.

ARR's chartbusters have been picturised well by BB. Netru Aval Irundhaal and Innum konja neram were visual treats. Missed watching the film in Auro 3D. I should've waited for it as I watched the film for only one man and Auro 3D would've given me the optimal experience.

mappi
19th July 2013, 11:12 PM
they r telling the company moneys belongs to them.. they could do social activities against govt./company to get their rights..then y they r so rude..

If you had followed the 1st few pages of this thread, you would have easily made out that its a far fetched remake of PKS (Danush Version) and the sub plot is Johnny Mad Dog. These kids are "brain-washed" to carry out anti-social activities, so that, au milleu of the disturbances, "someone" can walk away with whatever theft they are trying to do. The lobby that provokes all this lies buried, even though there are many speculations but that's not the subject of this discussion here. So these kids take themselves as Demi-god - there is a scene in Johnny Mad Dog where the leader paints some "holy" oil on the kids and gives them chains and bracelets, prays and fires bullet into them. But they do not die, and then he assures them that they are protected by God. We are then shown that the shells are empty and the gunpowder was removed before in hand. You get the picture, why they are rude and aggressive - they are trained to be like that. Watch Lord of War and Blood Diamond, even though they are fictional, you can get an idea.

I also noted Nov taking about the "firing-dance". In Johnny Mad dog it is a terrorizing sequence which puts a depression in you while thinking the fate of these kids.

If anyone wish to watch Johnny Mad Dog => its in a documentary format. So be assured to get bored if you are not into this genre.

And I have not yet watched the movie Mariyan, don't know when I would. Glad that you liked the film.

thalaivar bgm s superb.

Shocked : Ajith is the MD of Mariyan !

Brianengab
19th July 2013, 11:23 PM
If you had followed the 1st few pages of this thread, you would have easily made out that its a far fetched remake of PKS (Danush Version) and the sub plot is Johnny Mad Dog. These kids are "brain-washed" to carry out anti-social activities, so that, au milleu of the disturbances, "someone" can walk away with whatever theft they are trying to do. The lobby that provokes all this lies buried, even though there are many speculations but that's not the subject of this discussion here. So these kids take themselves as Demi-god - there is a scene in Johnny Mad Dog where the leader paints some "holy" oil on the kids and gives them chains and bracelets, prays and fires bullet into them. But they do not die, and then he assures them that they are protected by God. We are then shown that the shells are empty and the gunpowder was removed before in hand. You get the picture, why they are rude and aggressive - they are trained to be like that. Watch Lord of War and Blood Diamond, even though they are fictional, you can get an idea.

thanks for explanation mappi... u r a mobile encyclopedia :thumbsup:

Shocked : Ajith is the MD of Mariyan !

ther r thalaivar(s) for each categories (actor,MD,Director) for me..:razz:

Anban
19th July 2013, 11:58 PM
wow..wt a movie yaar..sumaar'na kidaiyathu...piramaathamaana padam...
dhanush+ARR bgm stole the screen....only minus s slow screenplay..bt tat doesnt uninterest us bcos of dhanush acting..

the terrorists (so called) r irritating...they r telling the company moneys belongs to them.. they could do social activities against govt./company to get their rights..then y they r so rude.. :roll:... or my point of view s wrong...

thalaivar bgm s superb..mindblowing... every time he gives diff. genre for every films... u r genius...

the villain character s completely unuse to the plot...could be avoided tat char...song situation s forcefully putted..

My rating - 3.5/5...

Wt a movie yaar ?? Yaar kaththukkoduthathu intha yaar ...

Peter review rejected

Brianengab
20th July 2013, 12:03 AM
tat s kind of emotion / expression.. ithukkellaam ean ga peter'ae ilukkiringa... :lol2:

somu_87
20th July 2013, 12:39 AM

Peter review rejected

remembering Santhanam in Settai ... santhanam : hey just kidding yaaaaaaaarrrrr :lol2: :lol2:

VinodKumar's
20th July 2013, 01:23 AM
What an actor this Dhanush is becoming!! If Kamal has a successor in terms of acting, it should be this one.

+ infinity. I started liking his performance since YNM and ithu varaikum enna disappoint pannathilla :thumbsup:.

Balaji.r
20th July 2013, 01:45 AM
Sumaar movie. Looks like critics watched different version. Movie moves at snail pace, esp 2nd half. Enjoyed the first half.

Felt this movie was running for 3 hours. Dhanush and panimalar was good.

I would prefer Aadukalam over mariyan.

somu_87
20th July 2013, 02:13 AM
Sumaar movie. Looks like critics watched different version. Movie moves at snail pace, esp 2nd half. Enjoyed the first half.

Felt this movie was running for 3 hours. Dhanush and panimalar was good.

I would prefer Aadukalam over mariyan.

I think nobody is comparing Aadukalam and Mariyaan. As you said the screenplay was bit in the slower side during second half but i think sometime directors need that time to give proper feel to the audience... ithuvey fast cuts oda , speed a pochununa, we might have said half baked, ootaveyila...etc etc...

This movie is not bad, anyday it will be in top 3 of Danush's

Dilbert
20th July 2013, 08:01 AM
Sad Sad state.. looks like local exhibitor backed out in my area after initial report ! :rotfl:

Mahen
20th July 2013, 08:51 AM
comparing Addukalam and mariyan is kodumai :evil: Adukalam belongs to a different league..

kubrick
20th July 2013, 12:00 PM
Maryan never tries to be anything apart from being a story which unravels in a very beautiful way. That unpretentiousness of the maker has to be respected. Rahman's music has been, for once, been used aptly to tell a story and I was floored by the visuals. This movie is not an art movie and all but it is in a way like a grandmother telling a simple story in a very grand way to her grandchildren. This film had all the setting for being a political essay on the low lives of our fisherfolk or the racist/partiality of our political system against the poor and all. But it simply chooses to tell the story through Maryan who is aware of nothing much about the world apart from his Panimalar.

If the creator needs 2+ hours to tell the story he has in mind then we are not anybody to tell him otherwise. Not the kind of movie I enjoy and watch over and over again but this is not a pretentious or an over the top film which deserves heckling and pelting. Bharatbala is someone to watch for.

kubrick
20th July 2013, 12:12 PM
:shock: his acting was so bad

Acting wasn't all that bad but dubbing was pathetic. That multiplied the awfulness of the character to too many levels. I think it was 'Thalaivasal' Vijay's voice.

A.ANAND
20th July 2013, 12:13 PM
'Mariyaan' Review Roundup: Must Watch!

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/articles/492621/20130720/mariyaan-review-roundup-maryan-dhanush-parvathy-critics.htm

A.ANAND
20th July 2013, 12:14 PM
A.R.Rahman ‏@arrahman @ I am super thrilled and happy with the kind comments on Maryaan songs and score... and the success of the... http://fb.me/2zFRKVt13

A.ANAND
20th July 2013, 12:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSiU3mfHkOI#at=493

A.ANAND
20th July 2013, 12:24 PM
Dhanush is touched and AR Rahman says ‘Ellapugazhum Iraivanukke’
Jul 20, 2013

“The first hero of Maryan is AR Rahman and then it is Dhanush,” applauded director Vetri Maaran after watching a special screening of Bharathbala’s Maryan. AR Rahman has been receiving some rave reviews and appreciations from the industry and the fans for his breathtaking work in the Dhanush-Parvathy starrer.

The Academy Award Winning composer, AR Rahman, floored by the response, posted in his page, “I am super thrilled and happy with the kind comments on Maryan songs, score and the success of the movie... Ellapugazhum irraivanukke!”

Dhanush, as usual didn’t fail to surprise the audience too. The dedication, variations and his mastery is evident on screen and no wonder the fans are ecstatic. Reacting to the comments, the National Award winning actor said, “I’m so overwhelmed by the grand opening you guys gave Maryan in spite of no publicity. This love is what I’ve earned in the past

mappi
20th July 2013, 02:50 PM
If the creator needs 2+ hours to tell the story he has in mind then we are not anybody to tell him otherwise.

Agree.
But if he fails to be crisp, from the viewership point of view he will be subjected to be criticized.

Balaji.r
20th July 2013, 03:23 PM
I think nobody is comparing Aadukalam and Mariyaan. As you said the screenplay was bit in the slower side during second half but i think sometime directors need that time to give proper feel to the audience... ithuvey fast cuts oda , speed a pochununa, we might have said half baked, ootaveyila...etc etc...

This movie is not bad, anyday it will be in top 3 of Danush's

Not here, not here, there are few who are comparing these 2 movies. I was tempted to watch Mariyan after the initial over hyped reviews.It was decent effort, strictly one time watch atleast for me.

sudha india
20th July 2013, 04:08 PM

Agree with you NOV.

My comment : The move is a little bit Romance + Banged up abroad + I should'nt be alive + breakout (all programs in National Geographic channel). Parvathy is cute and amazing. Camera is stunning. RR is saving. Without which it would not be bearable. In the second half its like a song every 5 mins.

P.S. : Marakkaama tamil cinema formulava follow panni irukkaanga : Enthaan ella azhagaana ponnungaloda appavum ipdi egama kadan vangarangalo....... Kadan kudutha villan panam or ponnunu iruppan. Hero eppovum pola oru ezhai. When will they break this in TFI ? Idha maathavaavadhu Thamizh Padam 2 edukkanum.

BM
20th July 2013, 05:00 PM
Adadaa, intha payyan thollai ippo ingayum vanthudcha. Anand sir, ivan ARR'ke epdi music podanumnu advice kuduthavan. Ivan video ellam inga share pannaatheenga. AraivEkkaadu.

A.ANAND
20th July 2013, 05:49 PM
Adadaa, intha payyan thollai ippo ingayum vanthudcha. Anand sir, ivan ARR'ke epdi music podanumnu advice kuduthavan. Ivan video ellam inga share pannaatheenga. AraivEkkaadu.

intha 'motta' ok-va?

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/videos/43415.html

going to watching to mitnit show today!!

srimal
20th July 2013, 06:52 PM
the movie has its moments.... a whole lot of good actors, few touching scenes... but it moves in snail's pace... adhaan problem... slicker editing would have made it more interesting....

dhanush's acting was superb.. and parvathi is pretty and looks good in closeups ( anaalum saravana stores ad-la samantha vandhappo theatrela whistle adhigam ) - first padamnu directoraa mannichu vitrualama.. i wish someone else had directed the movie... it was so slow that we lost touch with story at places.. i felt the second half was better...

but singathukku idhu thevalaam.. :)

raagadevan
20th July 2013, 10:59 PM
Maryan: Labours of love

By Bardwaj Rangan - The Hindu, July 202013

"There are hyper-expressive actors who play to the gallery — so we can marvel at all that huffing and puffing, all that acting — and there are those who quietly vanish into the part, and then there’s Dhanush, who beautifully straddles the middle."

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/cinema-reviews/maryan-labours-of-love/article4935136.ece?homepage=true

BM
20th July 2013, 11:56 PM
Filmfare ‏@filmfare
Best Actor (Male) Tamil - Dhanush (3) #IdeaFilmfareAwards

Congrats Danush.

BM
21st July 2013, 12:00 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPoyXSlCAAEYr4g.jpg:large

uruzalari
21st July 2013, 12:24 AM
I liked the movie except for the fact that the villains seemed to have no purpose on hand......

Just came to know that this is not Bharatbala's first feature film.....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390079/ .... the ratings and audience reviews look good for this one....

A.ANAND
21st July 2013, 09:32 AM
wacthed yesterday nit!mattavangalukku eppadiyo theriyala but enakku romba pidichi pochu intha padam..
puthiya muyarchi.nichayam welcome pannanum!hats off to baratbala and team.

outstanding performence by dhanush[ippa irukira young deneration-la actor oru payalukku kuda ivalo guts irukathu] and parvathy [intha paapa-va ennaku romba pidichi pochu]

and the last, real hero ARR !solla thevaye illa!'A1 RR'...
chinna china kuraigalai vittu,entha expetation illama padam paaaka poneennga'na nichayam namma tamil cinemavukku intha padam oru puthiya kalam than!bharatbala sir big appalaus to u!planing to watch 2nd time today!

A.ANAND
21st July 2013, 10:45 AM
ARR & Dhanush happy with Maryan

http://www.sify.com/movies/arr-dhanush-happy-with-maryan-news-tamil-nhuuVibcgjg.html

arulraj
21st July 2013, 10:51 AM
'ஆணியே புடுங்க வேணாம்' - ஆஸ்கர் முடிவு!
http://cinema.vikatan.com/uploaded/Mariyan-Movie-stills-07.jpgதனுஷ் - பார்வதி நடிப்பில் வெளியாகி ஓடிக் கொண்டிருக்கும் படம் 'மரியான்.' பரத்பாலா இந்தப் படத்தை இயக்கி உள்ளார். ஆஸ்கர் ரவிச்சந்திரன் தயாரித்து உள்ளார்.

சூடான் நாட்டில் வேலை செய்த ஒரு இந்தியத் தொழிலாளிக்கு ஏற்பட்ட சம்பவத்தை மையமாக வைத்து இந்தப் படம் எடுக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது.

ஒரே மூச்சில் 50 அடி ஆழ்கடலில் சென்று மீன் பிடிப்பவராக தனுஷ் நடித்துள்ளார். அவருக்கு நீச்சலும் தெரியாது, நீருக்குள் மூச்சு பிடித்து மூழ்குவதும் முடியாது. எனவே, வெளிநாட்டில் இருந்து இதற்காக சிறப்பு பயிற்சி கொடுப்பவர்களை வரவழைத்து, அவர்களிடம் கற்றுக் கொண்டு தனுஷ் இப்படத்தில் நடித்தார்.

50 அடி ஆழ்கடலில், ஆக்சிஜன்கூட இல்லாமல், உப்புத் தண்ணீரில் கண்ணாடிகூட போடாமல் மிகவும் தத்ரூபமாக நடித்துள்ளார் தனுஷ்.

படத்திற்கு ஒளிப்பதிவு செய்திருக்கும் மார்க் கோனிக்ஸ் பெல்ஜியம் நாட்டைச் சேர்ந்தவர். இசை அமைத்திருக்கும் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் உலக அளவில் புகழ்பெற்றவர்.

எனவே, 'மரியான்' படத்தின் இந்தி உரிமையை புகழ்பெற்ற நிறுவனம் ஒன்று 5 கோடி ரூபாய்க்கு விலைபேசி உள்ளது. ஆஸ்கர் ரவிச்சந்திரனும் இதற்கு ஒப்புக் கொண்டார்.

இதை அறிந்த தனுஷ், தனக்கு அதில் இரண்டு கோடி ரூபாய் வேண்டும் என்றாராம். ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானும் தனக்கு இரண்டு கோடி ரூபாய் வேண்டும் என்று கேட்டிருக்கிறார்.

தனக்கு ஒரு கோடி ரூபாய் மட்டுமே வரும் என்று தெரிந்ததும், 'ஆணியே புடுங்க வேணாம்' என ரீமேக் உரிமையை விற்க மறுத்துவிட்டாராம் ஆஸ்கர் ரவிச்சந்திரன்.

HonestRaj
21st July 2013, 12:15 PM
exactly...

appadiye mela irundhu ovvoru post'ah scroll pannumpodhu.. ivan video'va parthu :sigh2: aagitten..

kubrick
21st July 2013, 01:42 PM
Agree.
But if he fails to be crisp, from the viewership point of view he will be subjected to be criticized.

I agree that it will get criticized, mappi, but every movie gets criticized for something or the other but criticizing for the pacing of the film is something only we, in India, do. The film is never stagnant in any place and the story keeps moving unlike some recent films which called themselves "layered" which I thought was extremely pretentious. Dint you think Maryan was a honest film where the director just wanted to tell a story in his own way? I think that is something which should be appreciated.

19thmay
21st July 2013, 10:33 PM

Peter review rejected

:lol: Neenga indha hub-in pazha nedumaran

easygoer
21st July 2013, 11:02 PM
I think the director's objective is to show the emotional state of Maryan and panimalar for 2.40 hours. So its all about the incidents what these two people face and how it affects them emotionally. I had a feel that african terrorist portion was not handled properly but director used these sequences just to stimulate the emotions of protagonist and capture it and to present it to the audience. So everything takes backseat and prime focus is on lead actors alone. So pragmatically for a movie of this kind, fast screenplay, thrilling moments etc., are not needed and entire playing ground has been provided to the lead actors to showcase their acting skills

I subjectively feel bharat bala has achieved 50-60% of this objective. If he had fully achieved it, the movie would would have been on a different league. I felt the emotional intensity is missing. Though I was able to enjoy most of scenes, none of the scenes shook me off or I never felt a strong urge that both should get united at the end.

From revenue standpoint, director has to make some compromises. There are two side kicks to the hero and a villan whose profession being rape and finance. But these compromises are very meagre considering the premise. Bharatbala has tried to remain true to the story to the maximum

Camera work, Music and background score has been outstanding. Performance of Danush and parvathy is top notch. Danush is becoming a "nadipu ratchasan :) "

Some ideas which I liked are,

if a person gets caught in a helpless situation and if none of the doors seem to open, the person would lose his confidence, In order to gain the confidence, some motivation is needed and here, hero gets the motivation in the form of "love" which gives him courage and makes him to survive against all the odds., This has been captured beautifully. Similarly in one more scene, mariyan is in deep grief over his friend's death, panimalar reaches to him and explains her problematic situation but mariyan will not even give his ears and treats her badly though he is in deep love. The way climax ended was also good.

Overall, the movie may not be the best in all aspects but still worth watching...

Dilbert
22nd July 2013, 11:25 AM
Agree with you NOV.

My comment : The move is a little bit Romance + Banged up abroad + I should'nt be alive + breakout (all programs in National Geographic channel). Parvathy is cute and amazing. Camera is stunning. RR is saving. Without which it would not be bearable. In the second half its like a song every 5 mins.

P.S. : Marakkaama tamil cinema formulava follow panni irukkaanga : Enthaan ella azhagaana ponnungaloda appavum ipdi egama kadan vangarangalo....... Kadan kudutha villan panam or ponnunu iruppan. Hero eppovum pola oru ezhai. When will they break this in TFI ? Idha maathavaavadhu Thamizh Padam 2 edukkanum.

:clap: I am yet to see this movie , I am pretty sure (knowing TC formula)they would have added lots of fish fry and fish kuzhambu to emphasis fishermen subject :lol2:

waiting for chennai express.

CEDYBLUE
22nd July 2013, 11:30 AM
Watched the movie yesterday @ AGS, OMR and liked it.
Great performances from both Dhanush and Parvathy. Dhanush, looks like has done enough already for some awards next year.
The first half was quite good and the second half comparatively looks a lil dragged.
Overall, though the movie is slow, the performance of both the lead actors makes it a sure watch.

PARAMASHIVAN
22nd July 2013, 07:46 PM
Good reviews from the net! But not as many shows as "Lion2" in UK

Brianengab
22nd July 2013, 09:08 PM
wonderful creation :clap:... art itself tells the story..

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/q71/s720x720/944275_434700573311217_860998486_n.jpg

A.ANAND
23rd July 2013, 01:32 PM
Dhanush makes everyone Laugh during Maryan live interview at Suryan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm7ZDpwp7B8&feature=player_embedded

watch danush's reaction to bharatbala 2.43 - 2.47 lol !!!

NOV
23rd July 2013, 06:50 PM
Danush & BharatBala on Super Singer today!

The stupid host asks Danush to speak in Hindi.
BharatBala immediately rebuked her and said he should speak Tamil as he is Kadal Rasa :clap:

There is also a medley of Maryan songs... don't miss

mareen
23rd July 2013, 11:36 PM
Maryan is really good film. Dhanush semma performance.

LihDacRurdy
24th July 2013, 12:03 AM
Ayo ayo ayayo thambiku enna aachu
Maryan is really good film. Dhanush semma performance.

kubrick
24th July 2013, 06:00 PM
Watched it again last night. They have cut "Netru Aval Irundhal". :(

SoftSword
24th July 2013, 06:50 PM
Watched it again last night. They have cut "Netru Aval Irundhal". :(

networld is swelling with agenda driven anti-mariyaan blog reviews while ur talking good things about the movie...

A.ANAND
25th July 2013, 11:51 AM
networld is swelling with agenda driven anti-mariyaan blog reviews while ur talking good things about the movie...

athala neengalum oru aala???oru sila pala link intha podungalen sir!

SoftSword
29th July 2013, 07:23 PM
mariyaan - worthunga...
even if u miss watching this movie, u will happen to see it soon...

satissh_r
29th July 2013, 09:46 PM
@Softs padam parthacha? How like?

Arvind Srinivasan
29th July 2013, 10:08 PM
Just got to watch the movie. And for one it is very difficult to categorise the movie as a complete love story. It is basically two films rolled into one and in the end all we get is a convoluted plot....Its neither this or that.And am I the only person who believes that even the love track between Mariyaan and Pani (before he sets off to Sudan) looked contrived. I could never really feel the turbulence that Mariyaan goes through in his mind before accepting her love.At start, he treats her like nothing but a whizzing fly that irritatingly buzzes across the ears. And the reasons put forth for him to fall for her suddenly is what makes it contrived for me. You not only feel you'r watching two movies rolled into one, but also two Mariyaans. No. I am not talking the kadal raasa being reduced toa hapless victim in the palaivanam. Rather I am talking about Mariyaan the lover. There is some sort of tenderness in mariyaan when he speaks over the phone to Pani, a trait missing in him completely when he is at the sea. A change brought about by his love for Pani. We never get to experience the transition. we know the guy's changed, but we never experience it. We get a voice over at the start from Mariyaan about Sudan, Pani and man being the same irrespective of the geographical location.But the voice over is immediately chucked off once the movie moves to the flashback. Probably it should have been enforced here as well.....