PDA

View Full Version : News on Vijay Sethupathi - The man among us

NOV
14th May 2013, 09:00 AM
Vijay Sethupathi was initially an accountant before he began considering an acting career. He was working as a background actor and playing minor supporting roles for over five years, before playing his first lead role in Seenu Ramasamy's Thenmerku Paruvakaatru. He went on to star in Pizza (2012) and Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom (2012), both of which emerged successful and turned Sethupathi into a popular name in Tamil cinema. His latest offering, running succesfully is Soodhu Kavvum, where he appears as a 40-something mentally unstable fellow.

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/417878_10151646734024134_941835714_n.jpg

NOV
14th May 2013, 09:10 AM
FROM WIKIPEADIA:

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/562996_499901120061949_834585618_n.jpg

Vijay Sethupathi was born in Rajapalayam, Virudhunagar district and did his education in Chennai. According to Sethupathy, he was a "below-average student right from school" and was neither interested in sports nor extra-curricular activities. He graduated with a B.Com degree, following which he worked for three years as an accountant in Dubai, UAE. Unhappy with his job, he returned to India in 2003.

He recalls that a photographer remarked that he had a "very photogenic face", and motivated him to pursue an acting career. He subsequently joined the Chennai-based theatre group Koothu-P-Pattarai as an accountant where he observed actors from close quarters. He made his beginnings as a background actor, particularly playing the role of the lead character's friend in a few films. Besides he acted in television series, including the well-known series Penn that began in March 2006, as well as several short films as part of the television show Nalaya Iyakunar for Kalaignar TV.

He worked with Karthik Subbaraj on many short films, who would later cast him in his first feature film, and won the Best Actor award for one his films at the Norway Tamil Film Festival short film competition.

Sethupathi accompanied a group of actors who went to director Selvaraghavan's studio to audition for his gangster film Pudhupettai (2006) and was selected to play Dhanush's friend in the film.

Following Pudhupettai, he was associated with a Tamil-Kannada bilingual film called Akhaada. While he was selected to play the lead in the Tamil version, the director offered him the antagonistic role in its Kannada version. However, the film did not see a theatrical release.

After making an appearance in Prabu Solomon's Lee (2007), he was cast by director Suseenthiran in minor supporting roles in his first two projects, Vennila Kabadi Kuzhu (2009) and Naan Mahaan Alla (2010). Sethupathi would later credit Suseenthiran with having had an "important role in helping him realise his dreams".

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/16792_484775068241221_1581833076_n.jpg

Suseenthiran, furthermore, recommended Sethupathi to director Seenu Ramasamy and Sethupathi landed his first lead role in Ramasamy's drama film Thenmerku Paruvakaatru (2011), in which he portrayed a shepherd. Although initial reviews were mixed, the film went on to win three National Film Awards including the prize for the Best Tamil Feature Film of that year.

2012 marked a turning point in Vijay Sethupathi's career; all his three releases were critical and commercial successes, resulting in a rise in his popularity.

He was first seen in a negative role in Sundarapandian which featured M. Sasikumar in the lead role, and then essayed the lead roles in the directorial debuts of Karthik Subbaraj and Balaji Tharaneetharan, the thriller film Pizza and the comedy entertainer Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom, respectively.

He enacted the role of Michael, a delivery boy in the former and a young man named Prem who sustains short-term memory loss two days before his marriage in the latter, with his performance in both films being praised by critics.

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/255536_539366892782038_1428762647_n.jpg

Malini Mannath from The New Indian Express in her review of Pizza wrote: "Sethupathy, a delight to watch, carries the entire film on his shoulders. His voice perfectly modulated, he proves his versatility and acumen to handle any role. Michael’s nightmarish experience, and his fear and horror when he’s trapped in the mansion, is perfectly conveyed by the actor".

With regard to Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom, The Times of India reviewer M. Suganth cited that Sethupathy "continues his superb show from Pizza conveying Prem's peculiar condition with vacant stares and amusing pauses between his lines", further noting: "That he never makes the character's repetitive dialogues irritating is a proof of his terrific timing".

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/24460_484286958290032_1106430932_n.jpg

According to a survey published by BBC Tamil, Pizza and Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom claimed the first two spots in a Best Films list, and both films competed at the 2013 Norway Tamil Film Festival, while Sethupathi won two awards, one for each film, at the Edison Awards and the Big FM Tamil Entertainment Awards.

By the end of the year, Indiaglitz.com named Sethupathi as one of 2012's best Tamil actors, and called him "the rising star of Kollywood" whilst film critic Baradwaj Rangan stated that Sethupathi had become "[...] sort of [an] indie-film star, the first ever in Tamil cinema".

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/420391_521313254587402_1545827384_n.jpg

Sethupathi's upcoming films include Soodhu Kavvum, Rummy, Pannaiyarum Padminiyum - all of which are being directed by debutants - and Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara directed by Gokul. Soodhu Kavvum is a crime comedy that will see Sethupathi essaying the role of a forty-year old man, while Pannaiyarum Padminiyum, based on its same-titled short film, revolves around an old man and his vintage car Premier Padmini, with Sethupathi starring as its chauffeur.

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/934616_537537782964949_1246020958_n.jpg

NOV
14th May 2013, 09:21 AM
Filmography

2004 - M. Kumaran S/O Mahalakshmi
2006 - Pudhupettai
2007 - Lee
2009 - Vennila Kabadi Kuzhu
2010 - Naan Mahaan Alla
2010 - Thenmerku Paruvakaatru (Introduced as Lead Character)
2011 - Varnam
2012 - Sundarapandian
2012 - Pizza (BIG FM Most Entertaining Actor of the Year)
2012 - Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom (Edison Award for Best Male Rising Star, Vjiay Awards - Special Jury Award)
2013 - Soodhu Kavvum

Forthcoming

Rummy
Pannaiyarum Padminiyum
Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara
Sangudevan
Bangalore Tamizhan
Vasantha Kumaran

venkkiram
14th May 2013, 09:27 AM
ரசிகர் மன்ற உறுப்பினர் கார்டு எனக்கும் ஒரு பார்சல்..

:notworthy:

NOV
14th May 2013, 09:27 AM
What were you doing before Pizza happened?

"I was a junior artist before my debut. I was part of the 'atmosphere' in crowded scenes. You can spot me in the crowd in M Kumaran S/O Mahalakshmi in the boxing sequence. Later, I did a small role in Pudhupettai. I have played the role of the hero's friend in a few films. All I wanted was to just be a part of the shoot. My father is a civil engineer. I knew nobody in films. I was a below-average student right from school. I was not interested in either sports or extra-curricular activities. I didn't know what I was going to do. After working as an accountant for three years, I got bored with that job. I wanted to try films then. I have been in films since 2004."

With no background in films, you must have struggled...

Nothing is easy in cinema. I used to leave my photos with production companies. Even assistant directors didn't receive them. I was even rejected for the role of a junior artist in a film. I was replaced by somebody else at the last moment in many roles. But nothing stopped me from trying for an opportunity. I was determined to become a hero at least in serials. After repeated trials, I got my first opportunity as a hero in Thenmerku Paruvakkatru.

How did Pizza happen?

I used to regularly leave my photographs in the film institute. I got to work with Karthik Subburaj in many of his short films and then he approached me for Pizza.

What transformation have your recent hits brought in?

I am able to listen to stories. Earlier, I didn't have this freedom... of knowing the script. But now I can. Now the audience has come to know that there is hero called Vijay Sethupathi in Tamil films. My dream is to work on interesting films which can later be termed as a Vijay Sethupathi collection.

There are rumours about you demanding a big sum now...

I demand stories not money. I was paid reasonably for Pizza and NKPK. But for such brilliant scripts I didn't expect money.

What kept you going during your early struggle?

The photographs that were clicked by Balu Mahendra. I like posing for photographs. Once, I approached the legendary director to take some photographs. He did it despite me being a nobody at that time. Those pictures kept reminding me that I can become a hero one day.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-12-17/news-interviews/35867844_1_tamil-films-short-films-film-institute

NOV
14th May 2013, 09:28 AM
ரசிகர் மன்ற உறுப்பினர் கார்டு எனக்கும் ஒரு பார்சல்.. :clap: :clap:
mappi kooda thaan :lol:

satissh_r
14th May 2013, 10:46 AM
Appo naanu..

hattori_hanzo
14th May 2013, 11:48 AM
My dream is to work on interesting films which can later be termed as a Vijay Sethupathi collection.

Thats interesting. And looks like it is working out now. Good going!
But expressions, voice modulation, dialogue delivery ellaam konjam OK dhaan. I havent seen SK, but in Pizza, pechchu avvalavu thelivaa illa. Hope he doesnt become another Mike Mohan.

Brianengab
14th May 2013, 11:57 AM
mike mohan films ran for IR songs and gud stories..
Sethupathi films is running for gud stories nd engaging screenplay..

If one film dint run gud, there wil be a great chance for losing his stardom power..

hattori_hanzo
14th May 2013, 01:35 PM
mike mohan films ran for IR songs and gud stories..
Sethupathi films is running for gud stories nd engaging screenplay..

If one film dint run gud, there wil be a great chance for losing his stardom power..

Thats exactly what I meant. A movie being appreciated by critics and masses for all reasons other than the protagonist's acting/appeal/charisma isn't too good for him. However I haven't seen him in SK & I don't know whether his 40+ character is different from what he's done before.

balaajee
14th May 2013, 01:38 PM
Don't believe in tailor-made roles: Vijay Sethupathi

Known for playing the most unconventional roles in his career so far, Tamil actor Vijay Sethupathi says he chooses roles that he thinks will suit his image and doesn't usually believe in custom-made roles.
He played a negative character in one of his earlier films called Sundarapandian. He was also part of National-award winning Tamil drama Thenmerku Paruvakaatru.
While he played a pizza delivery boy in Tamil horror-thriller Pizza, Vijay portrayed a character who was suffering from short-term memory loss in Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom (NKPK). He received critical acclaim for both roles.
“I don't believe a role can be written keeping in mind some actor. Even if such roles exist, I don't pick them because I generally choose roles that I think will suit my image. Roles should choose an actor and not vice versa,” Vijay said.
“For instance, I was considered unfit for the lead role in recently released Soodhu Kavvum, but I knew I was perfect for it. Even though the director initially didn't offer me the role, I literally fought for it and eventually got it,” he added.
Vijay played a misfit kidnapper in Tamil crime-comedy Soodhu Kavvum, which has been received very well by audiences.
He clarifies there is nothing wrong in doing multi-starrers.
“If you have a meaty part to play, I don't see the harm in being part of multi-starrers. Moreover, I will be happy to be a part of a good film than playing lead roles in some bad films,” he said.
Two films, NKPK and Soodhu Kavvum, featuring Vijay have been multi-starrers.
All of Vijay's films to date have been with debutants. There are few more in the offing as well.
“There is no hard and fast rule that I only work with debutants. I give prime importance to script, and when that works out, everything else falls in place automatically. In fact, most debutants express interest to work with me,” he added.
He has half a dozen Tamil films in his kitty. Presently, he is busy filming for Rummy, Pannaiyarum Padminiyum and Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara

ecureuhapis
14th May 2013, 03:27 PM
He's Good :thumbsup:

VinodKumar's
14th May 2013, 03:28 PM
Ivaru voice cute ah irruku :lol: ... I like his voice ..

NOV
14th May 2013, 04:50 PM
Appo naanu..admission form accepted :lol:

But expressions, voice modulation, dialogue delivery ellaam konjam OK dhaan. His body language is par excellence.
Please watch his other movies before coming to any conclusion.
Many guys have become his fans :clap:

Ivaru voice cute ah irruku :lol: ... I like his voice ..His face is very photogenic.
and indha native look nu solluvaangalE :lol:

VinodKumar's
14th May 2013, 04:57 PM
yes adutha veetu paiyan maari irrupaapla !!!

hattori_hanzo
14th May 2013, 05:25 PM
His body language is par excellence.
Please watch his other movies before coming to any conclusion.
Many guys have become his fans :clap:

NKPK, Pizza & Sundarapandian paathen. He's chosen his roles well. Adhula sandhegame illa. Aana indha roles Chinna Naattamai Arun Vijay or Side Vaayan Sreekanth senjirundhaalum periya vithyasam irundhirukkaadho'no oru peelingi.
Being in the right place at the right time mbaingale.

NOV
14th May 2013, 05:51 PM
You got to be kidding :frightened:

venkkiram
14th May 2013, 06:19 PM
Does VS have twitter handle? Let's inform him about the fan club.

mappi
14th May 2013, 06:33 PM
mappi kooda thaan

Vijay Sethupathi has completely caputred my attention - not because of his script chosing techniques - but merely for showcasing all his abilities and skills in acting. I am happy that my list is growing and the latest entry being VS. The choice is simple : attitude, dedication, quality and enrollment. Humbly saying that he wishes to do movies that would be labeled in the future as VS Collection, shows his determination, and I am all support for guys like VS.

But my reviews will not be biased - yenna naan romba strict-u.

NOV
14th May 2013, 06:37 PM
I like the VS Collection bit too.
Shows pride in his work.

mappi
14th May 2013, 07:13 PM
Aana indha roles Chinna Naattamai Arun Vijay or Side Vaayan Sreekanth senjirundhaalum periya vithyasam irundhirukkaadho'no oru peelingi.

Without damaging the hero names used, this is what I have to say :

If Arjun Vijay acted in any of these movies only his macho attitude would be in front and not the character's manerism. Its mainly because he has such a body language. He just can't bend. When getting hit by someone, his looks would be more aggressive than confused as the character need is.

If Sreekanth acted in any such role, I think after 30 minutes, you will be depressed. His face does not justify the masculanity of the character needs, which itself creates a sympathy of its own. Particulary in Pizza, Sreekanth would be unbelivable in the climax.

VS is apt for all the 3 roles as he suits the character secifications - rusty & young-man looks + can be angry, confused, laugh, notorious etc.,

ajaybaskar
14th May 2013, 08:20 PM
Pizza television premiere this weekend. #suntv

hattori_hanzo
15th May 2013, 12:46 AM
Without damaging the hero names used, this is what I have to say :

If Arjun Vijay acted in any of these movies only his macho attitude would be in front and not the character's manerism. Its mainly because he has such a body language. He just can't bend. When getting hit by someone, his looks would be more aggressive than confused as the character need is.

If Sreekanth acted in any such role, I think after 30 minutes, you will be depressed. His face does not justify the masculanity of the character needs, which itself creates a sympathy of its own. Particulary in Pizza, Sreekanth would be unbelivable in the climax.

VS is apt for all the 3 roles as he suits the character secifications - rusty & young-man looks + can be angry, confused, laugh, notorious etc.,

Arun Vijay and Sreekanth were just few names that came to my mind. What I meant was we accept VS as an 'angry, macho, laughing, notorious' young man, only because of the impact made by the movies he acted in. Poovodu serndu naarum manakkum. His role in Thenmerku Paruva Kaatru, Varnam and the cameos he did in movies like Pudhupettai went unnoticed as these movies were box office duds. Even in Sundarapandian, HE was noticed as Pizza/NKPK(which were released around the same time) actor but his acting was just average. Which is why I said Pizza and NKPK would have worked even if some other debutant or less-known actor had played the roles. Anyway, I rest my case here. I did enjoy his movies and would be watching SK soon.

svaisn
15th May 2013, 01:11 AM
Arun Vijay and Sreekanth were just few names that came to my mind. What I meant was we accept VS as an 'angry, macho, laughing, notorious' young man, only because of the impact made by the movies he acted in. Poovodu serndu naarum manakkum. His role in Thenmerku Paruva Kaatru, Varnam and the cameos he did in movies like Pudhupettai went unnoticed as these movies were box office duds. Even in Sundarapandian, HE was noticed as Pizza/NKPK(which were released around the same time) actor but his acting was just average. Which is why I said Pizza and NKPK would have worked even if some other debutant or less-known actor had played the roles. Anyway, I rest my case here. I did enjoy his movies and would be watching SK soon.

Not in all case... In NKPK, the dialog pahh.... being repeated 10 times on screen wouldn't have looked appealing on paper/script...
90% of credit must go to VS for the modulation, body landguage and timing delivery... otherwise it would have been so irritating to watch.....

few actors may have done justice... but not any newcomer/less known actor...

NOV
15th May 2013, 06:45 AM
Even in Sundarapandian, HE was noticed as Pizza/NKPK(which were released around the same time) actor but his acting was just average. I really don't know what to say :huh:

Even for a short role he excelled... what body language and lovely subtleties...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCs_iB-XgJk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9z_XBmwwRA

NOV
15th May 2013, 09:28 AM
Vijay Sethupathi, has emerged as one of the hottest young stars in Kollywood. He had a hat-trick of hits -Pizza, NKPK and now Soodhu Kavvum. All these films have given him a new image and box-office power.

Now Studio 9, which had taken the distribution rights of Soodhu Kavvum, will be a making a film with the emerging actor. The film titled Vasantha Kumaran is being directed by his friend Anand Kumar, and Lakshmi Menon may play the heroine with Santhosh Narayanan as music director.

Vijay Sethupathi is today the busiest actor in Kollywood. He is currently doing Pannaiyaarum Padminiyum and Idharkuthaane Aasaipattai Balakumara simultaneously. He has also signed three more films Rummy, Sangudevan and a film with Seenu Ramasamy.

http://www.tamilkey.com/vijay-sethupathi-turns-red-hot.html

paranitharan
15th May 2013, 09:54 AM
Not in all case... In NKPK, the dialog pahh.... being repeated 10 times on screen wouldn't have looked appealing on paper/script...
90% of credit must go to VS for the modulation, body landguage and timing delivery... otherwise it would have been so irritating to watch.....

few actors may have done justice... but not any newcomer/less known actor...
I have watchd only NKPK but he was really irritating in the role. The film was horrible though and it didn't help him or vice versa. It was sleep-inducing. He repeated the dialogue the same way every single time and there was no voice modulation involved. I won't completely write him off. Too early for that. At least he should be given his due for selecting good scripts.

Brianengab
15th May 2013, 10:30 AM
At least he should be given his due for selecting good scripts.

innikku varaikkum, athaane pannittu irukkaaru...:)

I have watchd only NKPK but he was really irritating in the role. The film was horrible though and it didn't help him or vice versa. It was sleep-inducing.

first time hearing -ve comments on NKPK..:???:

paranitharan
15th May 2013, 11:10 AM
You need to go out a little more then

joe
15th May 2013, 11:28 AM
சிவாஜி செத்துட்டாரா ???????????????

HonestRaj
16th May 2013, 01:41 AM
for new fans :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TERlnZoF2Ls

svaisn
16th May 2013, 01:53 AM
innikku varaikkum, athaane pannittu irukkaaru...:)

first time hearing -ve comments on NKPK..:???:

Very true... athuvum irritatingaa???? ennavo ponga.. paranitharan....

You need to go out a little more then

Outna... konja explain pannunga therinjikirom :roll:

NOV
19th May 2013, 01:24 PM
new look of Vijay Sethupathi
ENNAACHU? :rotfl3:

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/970532_10151584284059454_1823432630_n.jpg

m1
20th May 2013, 08:19 AM
Vijay sethupathi need to be commended for producing an unusual film like "Soodhu kavvum" that too so early in his career.

NOV
21st May 2013, 10:07 AM
I know very well the pain of waiting: Vijay Sethupathi

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-AJQIxOgwJsE/UOPWzWX2QYI/AAAAAAAAxeY/U1XY8zpY0OE/s476/vijay+sethupathi.jpg

Vijay Sethupathi, the actor about town in Kollywood, has scored a hat-trick with his latest release Soodhu Kavvum. He has showed a knack for choosing good roles with debutant directors. "I have not got this success overnight," says Vijay Sethupathi, who began his career as a junior artist in films. TOI chats up the talented actor...

How does it feel now that you have delivered your third back-to-back hit?

This sudden light on me disturbs me, and expectations put pressure on me. Life returns to normal within a week of receiving
all the appreciation. I am happy with the hits, and I have moved on to my next film. I was nervous and tense before the release of Pizza. I had the same feeling during the release of Soodhu Kavvum as well and I will have the same tension during the opening day of my upcoming films too. This uncertainty is what cinema actually gives me.

How do you decide which film to take up?

During script narrations, if I feel the screenplay mood jumping abruptly, I tell the director, and they work on it. All my films have turned out well only because of the director's brilliance, not because of me.

You seem to have no hang-ups working with debutant directors...

I attend to all the assistant directors who approach me, and I listen to their stories. The energy of first-time directors is tremendous. They work beyond the limits for a hit in this competitive industry.

Your acting skills, too, have won you audience's appreciation...

Actually, I don't know how to act. I can say that I don't know to strike a pose even for a passport size photograph. I don't
overact, so people think that I naturally act well. I under play my roles, and that has worked for me. Usually, the hero's entry is supposed to be dramatic to get the audience screaming, but I was surprised when audience cheered for my 'mokka entry' in Soodhu Kavvum.

With over seven films in your kitty, you are shooting for three films simultaneously. How do you manage your shoots?

For more than seven years, I was doing nothing except waiting for a good film. It's only now that I am working, and I don't mind spending all 24 hours on the set. But I have not got this success overnight. I was rejected innumerable times. But I have no regrets now.

What roles do you play in your upcoming films?

I play 'Sumar Moonji' Kumar in Itharkuthaane Aasaipattai Balakumara. He's a cool, talkative guy. I essay the role of a driver in Pannaiyarum Padhminiyum. I would like to break the experimental mode and get back to regular cinema.

Any new projects?

I am committed to projects till 2014. I am not taking up any new projects. I don't want to listen to any script, and keep
the aspiring director waiting. I don't want to do that as I know very well the pain of waiting.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/I-know-very-well-the-pain-of-waiting-Vijay-Sethupathi/articleshow/20153269.cms

balaajee
23rd May 2013, 02:52 PM
Sundarapandian-100-days

NOV
30th May 2013, 09:19 AM
Pannaiyaarum Padminiyum stills...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLegzEOCEAIgJ_j.jpg:large

NOV
9th June 2013, 08:22 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMSBXYkCMAAci9r.jpg:large

balaajee
17th June 2013, 11:31 AM
தயாரிப்பாளர் பொறுப்பிலிருந்து ஓட்டம்- விஜயசேதுபதி !

சினிமாவில் சம்பாதிப்பதை சினிமாவிலேயே முதலீடு செய்பவர் கமல்ஹாசன். அவருக்குப்பிறகு சமீபகாலமாக தனுஷ், விஷால், சித்தார்த் உள்ளிட்ட சில நடிகர்களும் படம் தயாரிப்பதில் ஆர்வம் காட்டி வருகின்றனர். இவர்களைப்பார்த்து பீட்சா, சூதுகவ்வும் படங்கள் மூலம் வளர்ந்து வரும் விஜயசேதுபதியும் தான் நடித்து வரும் சங்குதேவன் என்ற படத்திற்கு, பர்ஸ்ட் காப்பி அடிப்படையில் தயாரிப்பாளரானார். அவரது இந்த முயற்சியை பலரும் ஆச்சரியமாக பார்த்தனர்.

சில நாட்களாக படப்பிடிப்பும் விறுவிறுப்பாக நடந்து வந்தது. ஆனால், திடீரென்று ஒருநாள் படப்பிடிப்பு நடந்த பிறகு வேலை செய்தவர்களுக்கு அவரால் பேட்டா கொடுக்ககூட முடியவில்லையாம். எனக்கு பணம் கொடுத்து வந்த நிறுவனம் திடீரென்று பணம் தருவதை நிறுத்தி விட்டது. என்றாலும், என் கையில் இருந்த பணத்தை போட்டு பல நாட்களாக படப்பிடிப்பை நடத்தினேன். இப்போது என் கையில் இருந்த மொத்த பணமும் கரைந்து விட்டது என்றாராம்.

இதனால், அப்படத்தை முதல் காப்பி அடிப்படையில் தயாரித்து வந்த விஜயசேதுபதி, தனக்கு பணம் கொடுத்து வந்த நிறுவனத்திடமே படத்தை ஒப்படைத்து விட்டாராம். இதற்கு மேல் என்னிடம் பணம் இல்லை. இந்த பர்ஸ்ட் காப்பி வியாபாரமெல்லாம் எனக்கு செட்டாகாது. அதனால் இனி மொத்த தயாரிப்பு பொறுப்பையும் நீங்களே பார்த்துக்கொள்ளுங்கள். என்னை ஆளை விடுங்கள் என்று ஓட்டம் பிடித்து விட்டாராம்.

Brianengab
19th June 2013, 07:45 PM
Rummi shooting spot..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Qw6YzGul72Y

NOV
26th June 2013, 05:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNp9-KCCcAAiOVr.jpg:large

NOV
4th July 2013, 08:46 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOOEUHACEAISa-a.jpg:large

NOV
1st August 2013, 05:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyp2WuS3bog&sns=tw

mappi
1st August 2013, 06:11 PM
Thalaiva, nee script select pandra madiri, interviews-ai-um select pani kalathukonda nala-irrukum.

@45sec : Anasti-Ball podrarey avara kellunga ... LoL

NOV
19th August 2013, 07:01 PM
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q71/s720x720/1175206_642902485728230_1011300982_n.jpg

mappi
19th August 2013, 08:02 PM
Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara (un)official promotions :

Question time :
(Winners can collect their tea from Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara thread after posting a comment on the trailer in that thread)

From the above picture find the respective movies :

1. Red Shirt Movie(s)
2. Unshaven Face Movie(s)
3. Black rope around Neck Movie(s)
4. VS eyes-not-seen movie(s)

5. Bonus question (win a strong tea) : List 6 other actor : movie where Rayban Wayfarers played a key role in costumes

NOV
20th August 2013, 06:34 AM
I couldnt answer even 1 :shock:

mappi
20th August 2013, 01:53 PM
LoL
I thought I would attract some people towards VS movies ... end-la only you and me are going to enjoy the tea .. LoL

-Edited by self-

NOV
20th August 2013, 02:34 PM
Hello...... I was playing along :p

mappi
20th August 2013, 02:41 PM
-Edited by self-

NOV
20th August 2013, 06:30 PM
:lol: mappi... here is a gift for you :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OgjuRmaypGA

mappi
22nd August 2013, 03:40 PM
Floating
'Onakkaaga Poranthaenae' Song composed by Justin Prabhakaran with the lyrics written by Valee for the film Pannaiyaarum Padminiyum.

srimal : this one sounds lovely... Charan has sung the last bit - sounds like SPB of 70s...

and I second that.

NOV
3rd September 2013, 10:28 AM
Dhaba still

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTNgPJQCIAA-szI.jpg:large

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
3rd September 2013, 10:47 AM
Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara (un)official promotions :

Question time :
(Winners can collect their tea from Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara thread after posting a comment on the trailer in that thread)

From the above picture find the respective movies :

1. Red Shirt Movie(s)
2. Unshaven Face Movie(s)
3. Black rope around Neck Movie(s)
4. VS eyes-not-seen movie(s)

5. Bonus question (win a strong tea) : List 6 other actor : movie where Rayban Wayfarers played a key role in costumes

Unshaven Face - Except Sundarapandian & NKPK other films showcased him in unshaven avatars in full movie.

Black Rope - TMPK,Varnam.

6 - Billa,Shivaji,Osthe. But i doubt they're Wayfarers :oops:

NOV
5th September 2013, 05:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTZYaP5CcAEv-wo.jpg:large

Dinesh84
13th September 2013, 02:30 PM
Vijay Sethupathi sports a new look (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/Vijay-Sethupathi-sports-a-new-look/articleshow/22517722.cms)

mappi
13th September 2013, 03:29 PM
Yennapa iniku HUB bandha ? ella thread-um thoonguthu.

Anyway, Just saw another "new look" still of VS. Awesome !

smaiitm
15th September 2013, 02:42 AM
SIIMA Awards:
Best Actor (Critics) - Vijay Sethupathy / Pizza

Brianengab
19th September 2013, 10:01 PM
http://www.thehindu.com/features/metroplus/full-of-pizzazz/article5145857.ece

Full of pizzazz!

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
25th September 2013, 11:12 PM
Theatrical Trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=QQSEj8-nye8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQQSEj8-nye8%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

mappi
26th September 2013, 12:01 AM
Hey Hey ! takkar ma.
Fight irukudha illaya ... irukuthu irrukuthu
hann, solrenba solrenba .. LoL

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd October 2013, 11:13 PM
Rummy track list

The track list of Rummy starring Vijay Sethupathy, Inigo Prabakaran, Gayathrie, Aishwarya and Soori has been revealed. The film is directed by debutant director Balakrishnan and has four songs and three Karoke tracks. The music has been composed by D Imman and the audio is expected to be launched soon. Rummy is a village-based, college love story set in the backdrop of 1980s. Imman has tweeted, "Rummy audio in October. Get set to experience soft romantic numbers with rural touch."

The track list includes:

1. Kooda Mela Kooda Vachi Singers: Prasanna and Vandana Srinivasan

2. Adiyae Enna Ragam Singers: Abhay Jodhpurkar and Poornima Satish

3. Oru Nodi Singers: Imman and Divya Ramani

4. Yedhukkaaga Enna Neeyum Singers: Santosh Hariharan and A V Pooja

And three karoke tracks

:arrow: : http://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/Rummy-track-list/articleshow/23344463.cms

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
11th October 2013, 10:00 AM
Soodhu Kavvum 2 be remade in Hindi with Imran Khan & Shradda Kapoor by Rohit Shetty !

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
12th October 2013, 10:33 PM
Tomorrow in Sun TV 11 AM - NKPK :)

balaajee
27th October 2013, 01:14 PM
Vijay-Sethupathi press meet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDSmZOuUCho

balaajee
22nd November 2013, 03:59 PM
'ஓவரா ஆட்டம் போட்ட.. மவனே காணாம போயிருவ!' - விஜய்சேதுபதிக்கு ஆளும்கட்சி இயக்குநர் எச்சரிக்கை
சென்னை (http://www.mayyam.com/topic/சென்னை): விஜய் சேதுபதி இப்போது போலவே எளிமையாக இருந்தால்தான் நல்லது. மவனே மீறி ஓவரா ஆட்டம் போட்ட, காணாம போயிருவ, என்று எச்சரித்தார் அதிமுக இயக்குநர் என்று அழைக்கப்படும் ஆர் வி உதயகுமார்.

விஜய் சேதுபதி - ஐஸ்வர்யா, நீலிமா, ஜெயப்பிரகாஷ் நடித்துள்ள படம் பண்ணையாரும் பத்மினியும். சிநேகா கவுரவத் தோற்றத்தில் வருகிறார். அருண்குமார் இயக்கியுள்ள இந்தப் படத்துக்கு ஜஸ்டின் பிரபாகரன் இசையமைத்துள்ளார்.

http://www.mayyam.com/img/2013/11/22-r-v-udhayakumar--vijaysethu.jpg

இந்தப் படத்தின் இசை வெளியீட்டு விழா இன்று சென்னை சத்யம் திரையரங்கில் நடந்தது.
விழாவில் தயாரிப்பாளர் சங்கத் தலைவர் கேயார், இயக்குநர்கள் கரு பழனியப்பன், சீனு ராமசாமி உள்பட பலரும் பங்கேற்றனர்.
இயக்குநர் ஆர்வி உதயகுமார் பேசுகையில், "இன்றைக்கு தினத்தந்தி பேப்பரைத் திறந்தால் நான்கு பக்கங்களுக்கு சினிமா விளம்பரங்கள். சந்தோஷமாக இருந்தது. அந்த அளவுக்கு சினிமாவை சுதந்திரமாக இயங்க அனுமதித்திருக்கிறது இந்த அரசு.
ஒரு ஹீரோவுக்கான இலக்கணத்தை உடைத்திருக்கிறார் விஜய் சேதுபதி. ஒரு ஹீரோ இப்படித்தான் நடக்கணும், இருக்கணும் என்பதையெல்லாம் மாற்றியிருக்கிறார். அவரது எளிமை எனக்கு ரொம்பப் பிடிக்கும். இதை அவர் தொடரவேண்டும். மீறி ஆட்டம் போட்டா.. மவனே காணாம போயிருவ...
இன்றைக்கு உள்ள ஹீரோக்கள், இயக்குநர்கள், ரெண்டு படம் ஓடினதுமே ஏதோ இவர்கள்தான் சினிமாவையே கண்டுபிடித்தவர்கள் மாதிரி பேசுவதைப் பார்க்கிறேன். ஆனால் இந்தப் படத்தின் இயக்குநர் அப்படி இல்லை. நிச்சயம் பெரிய ஆளா வருவார்.
படத்தின் இசையமைப்பாளர் ஜஸ்டின் பிரபாகரன் காத்தடித்தால் பறந்துவிடுவது மாதிரிதான் இருக்கிறார். ஆனால் திறமைக்காரர். இசைஞானி இளையராஜாவுக்கப்புறம் முதல்முறை கேட்கும்போதே பிடிக்கிற மாதிரி பாடல்களைப் போட்டிருக்கிறார்," என்றார்.

ajaybaskar
30th November 2013, 01:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8lrJTRkJjv4

hattori_hanzo
30th November 2013, 06:15 AM
:curse: ippollaam bloopersnu solli romba mokka podraanga. There was a time when audience used to sit back and watch Jaayichaan's movie bloopers. Adhuve Hollywoodla ellaarum senjappuram konja naal'la bore adichiduchu. Nammoorla dialaaga thappa solli avangale siricha blooper-am. Enna comedy-nne puriya maattengudhu.

NOV
30th November 2013, 07:00 AM
our people have mystified everything: bloopers, trailers, the making of.... :boo:

Russellyhd
29th January 2014, 01:15 PM
VS s going to act as a guest role in Parthiban's ' கதை திரைக்கதை வசனம் இயக்கம்.'

VinodKumar's
29th January 2014, 01:32 PM
Raja Rani bloopers after an emotional climax ... funny guys da neengalam :lol:.

Russellyhd
29th January 2014, 03:57 PM
http://www.tamilcinema24.com/photo-galleries/vijay-sethupathi-with-fans-images/images/vijay-sethupathi-with-fans-images01.jpg

Russellyhd
30th January 2014, 03:09 PM
http://www.tamilcinema24.com/photo-galleries/vijay-sethupathi-with-sidhdharth-images/images/vijay-sethupathi-with-sidhdharth-images01.jpg

Russellyhd
1st February 2014, 08:00 PM
:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbtj9HlK-rM

Russellyhd
5th February 2014, 01:59 PM
http://tamil.webdunia.com/entertainment/film/interview/1402/05/1140205006_1.htm

பத்மினிதான் படத்தோட ஹீரோ - விஜய் சேதுபதி

balaajee
20th February 2014, 05:33 PM
'சூறையாடல்’ பட ஆடியோ வெளியீட்டு விழாவுக்கு வந்த விஜய் சேதுபதியை, தொகுப்பாளர் ஆஹோ, ஓஹோவெனப் பாராட்ட, ''அவங்க சொல்றதை எதையுமே தயவுசெஞ்சு நம்பாதீங்க. இந்தப் படத்தோட ஹீரோ பாலாஜியும் நானும் கூத்துப்பட்டறையில் ஒண்ணாக் கஷ்டப்பட்டோம். நான் வந்தது அவனுடைய நட்புக்காகத்தான்'' என முடித்தார் விஜய் சேதுபதி. சூப்பர் ஜி!- vikatan

Russellyhd
10th March 2014, 04:51 PM
http://tamil.thehindu.com/cinema/tamil-cinema/%E0%AE%87%E0%AE%AF%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%A F%81%E0%AE%A8%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%B2%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%B5%E0%A E%BF%E0%AE%A9%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%AF%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%BF%E0%A E%AA%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%9C%E0%AE%AF%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%9A%E0%AF%87%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA%E0%A E%A4%E0%AE%BF/article5769695.ece

இயக்குநர் பாலாவின் தயாரிப்பில் விஜய் சேதுபதி

இயக்குநர் பாலா மற்றும் தயாரிப்பாளர் சுரேஷ் களஞ்சியம் இணைந்து தயாரிக்கும் 'வசந்தகுமாரன்' படத்தில் நாயகனாக நடிக்கவிருக்கிறார் விஜய் சேதுபதி.

சூர்யா, ஜோதிகா மற்றும் பலர் நடிக்க 'பி ஸ்டூடியோஸ்' மூலம் பாலா தயாரித்த படம் 'மாயாவி'. சிங்கம்புலி இயக்கினார். அப்படத்தினைத் தொடர்ந்து பாலா தயாரித்த படம் 'பரதேசி'.

வேறு ஒரு இயக்குநர் இயக்கும் படத்தை பாலா தயாரித்து நீண்ட நாட்கள் ஆகிறது. தற்போது பாலாவின் 'பி ஸ்டூடியோஸ்' நிறுவனம் மற்றும் 'ஸ்டூடியோ 9 புரொடக்*ஷன்ஸ்' நிறுவனம் இணைந்து 'வசந்தகுமாரன்' என்ற புதிய படத்தினை தயாரிக்க திட்டமிட்டு இருக்கிறார்கள்.

சத்யராஜ், தேவயானி நடித்த ‘செம ரகளை’, ஸ்ரீகாந்த் நடித்த ‘எதிரி எண் 3’ உள்ளிட்ட ஏராளமான படங்களில் இணை இயக்குனராக பணியாற்றிய ஆனந்த் குமரேசன் இப்படத்தின் கதை, திரைக்கதை, வசனம் எழுதி இயக்குநராக அறிமுகமாகிறார்.

இப்படத்தின் முதற்கட்டப் படப்பிடிப்பு சென்னையில் விரைவில் துவங்குகிறது. நாயகிகள் மற்ற நடிகர், நடிகைகள் தேர்வு நடைபெற்று வருகிறது. ஒரு அழகான காதல் கதை, இனிமையான குடும்பப் பின்னணியில் ஜனரஞ்சமாக உருவாக உள்ளதாம்.

Russellyhd
20th March 2014, 11:15 AM
http://tamilcinema24.com/photo-mellisai-movie-first-look-images-9440-1

Mellisai Movie First Look Images

NOV
28th April 2014, 07:08 PM
https://scontent-a-kul.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1966821_591590967577070_1191392458_n.jpg

Dinesh84
3rd July 2014, 03:17 PM
@TFU_Kannan
Vijay Sethupathi plays an old man in #OrangeMittai. He's also producing & co-written it along with Biju Vishwanath.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Brmc0TqCcAE0sG6.jpg

Arragesh
3rd July 2014, 09:16 PM
Don't know why this still reminds me of "6il irunthu 60 varai" movie.

No wonder Bosskey said "Vijay Sethupathy has same manly eyes of Rajnikanth"

mappi
5th August 2014, 02:17 PM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-9sWI4wMqN7k/U94I7plvIMI/AAAAAAAAAxs/zByxJua0SHA/w640-h400-p-k/10373618_328190327339250_313395316902739327_n.jpg

"Enga area-lam ponnuga irrukanga, unga area-la thaan Ambalaikunga illai-nu sonnanaga"

NOV
29th August 2014, 06:23 PM
DANUSH: And here is the hero of our wunderbar's next project. Next will announce the title.

கொக்கி குமார் & சுமார் மூஞ்சி குமார் :lol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwM_0juCUAAFswF.jpg

NOV
29th August 2014, 06:48 PM
Heroine...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwM4BOICIAEkqSs.jpg

Music...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwM8maGCcAAoS_e.jpg

NOV
29th August 2014, 07:37 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10423932_725206354219021_9177287709271988395_n.jpg ?oh=0490f5d062f8fff335feb22d89942bce&oe=545DAD2E&__gda__=1415799207_eb0894d549d120512093212cbdbe92c 4

mappi
29th August 2014, 07:50 PM
"Poda Podi" Director's 2nd film ?

uruzalari
29th August 2014, 07:59 PM
"Poda Podi" Director's 2nd film ?

Guess so as he had recently acted with Dhanush in VIP....

NOV
29th August 2014, 08:01 PM
"Poda Podi" Director's 2nd film ?yes... originally was supposed to be with Gautam Karthik and planned for 2013.
Looks like this guy will take his own time. PP was in the making for like 5 years?

littlemaster1982
30th August 2014, 04:45 AM
PP was in the making for like 5 years?

Simbhu-va hero-va potta appadithan :p

NOV
30th August 2014, 07:31 PM
annan mappi will write a review of this trailer... :lol:
I am not impressed ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sfnXTB07Co

mappi
30th August 2014, 10:58 PM
I am not impressed ;)

I think, the reason should be the song/musical piece accompaning the Trailer. I do have a similar feeling, but I am used to watch clips without any sound. I felt that the visuals were good. Imagining this same Trailer with actual BGM/Dialogues and appropriate sounds would make it look more normal and sometimes even extravanganza.

The idea to have a lighter sound for energetic visuals is great, worked best with 'Madras' movie trailer. Here, music is not dancing with the scenes, thus, both resulting to be abstract. Recently I was looking at "Dead Snow 2: Red vs Dead", a Norwegian Zombie Sequel trailer, a film to be screened at 2014 Fantastic Fest. The trailer Rated R, for sure, has some raw, brutal, gory Zombie action well supported by "French CanCan" musical piece. Bizzare but attractive, looked like the killings and spillings were choreographed for this instrumental.

Coming to Vanmam, the trailer, on the whole, certainly looks less energetic with a dull song, maybe an experimental attempt but certainly shows a bit what it has to offer. I wish the team success.

Vanmam Trailer - Gramathu Agni & Natchathiram

NOV
25th October 2014, 09:03 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/q82/p960x960/1973706_362306780594271_4862356676980277005_o.jpg

venkkiram
25th October 2014, 09:10 AM
^ தரமான நடிகராக நாளுக்கு நாள், படத்துக்கு படம் மெருகேற்றிக் கொண்டெ வருகிறார். வாழ்த்துக்கள்.

நட்சத்திர நடிகர்களோடு மட்டுமே கைகோர்க்காமல்..முருகதாஸ், ஷங்கர் போன்றவர்கள் விஜய் சேதுபதியை கதாநாயகனாக கமர்ஷியல் படைப்பினில் காட்ட முயற்சிக்கணும்.

balaajee
26th May 2015, 03:21 PM
Web Ulagam

கமலின் உத்தம வில்லன் படத்தை வெளியிட, தனது தயாரிப்பில் இருக்கும் ரஜினி முருகன், சதுரங்கவேட்டை வினோத்தின் இயக்கத்தில் சூர்வை வைத்து தயாரிக்கும் படம் என சம்பாதித்த பணம், சம்பாதிக்கப் போகும் பணம் என அனைத்தையும் அடகு வைத்தார் லிங்குசாமி. உத்தம வில்லன் மூன்று நாளில் தனது வசூலை நிறுத்திக் கொண்டதால், மிகப்பெரிய இழப்பை சந்தித்துள்ளது திருப்பதி பிரதர்ஸ். ஏறக்குறைய திவால் நிலை.
திருப்பதி பிரதர்ஸின் இடம் பொருள் ஏவல் படம் எப்போதோ வந்திருக்க வேண்டும். விஜய் சேதுபதி, சம்பள பாக்கியை தந்தால் மட்டுமே டப்பிங் பேசுவேன் என்றதால் படம் முடியாமல் நிற்கிறது.

விஜய் சேதுபதிக்கு 6 கோடிகள்வரை மார்க்கெட் இருக்கும் நிலையில், வெறும் ஒன்றரை கோடிக்கு இடம் பொருள் ஏவல் படத்தை ஒப்புக் கொண்டு நடித்துத் தந்தார். தன்னை அறிமுகப்படுத்திய சீனு ராமசாமிக்காக இந்த தாராளம். இந்த ஒன்றரையிலும் அரை கோடி நிலுவையில் உள்ளது. அதற்குதான் டப்பிங் பேச மாட்டேன் போர்க்கொடி.

உத்தம வில்லனால் திருப்பதி பிரதர்ஸ் நஷ்டமடைந்ததை கேட்டறிந்த விஜய் சேதுபதி, மீதமுள்ள அரை கோடியையும் வேண்டாம் என்று தள்ளுபடி செய்துள்ளார்.

vithagan
27th May 2015, 02:50 AM
Web Ulagam

கமலின் உத்தம வில்லன் படத்தை வெளியிட, தனது தயாரிப்பில் இருக்கும் ரஜினி முருகன், சதுரங்கவேட்டை வினோத்தின் இயக்கத்தில் சூர்வை வைத்து தயாரிக்கும் படம் என சம்பாதித்த பணம், சம்பாதிக்கப் போகும் பணம் என அனைத்தையும் அடகு வைத்தார் லிங்குசாமி. உத்தம வில்லன் மூன்று நாளில் தனது வசூலை நிறுத்திக் கொண்டதால், மிகப்பெரிய இழப்பை சந்தித்துள்ளது திருப்பதி பிரதர்ஸ். ஏறக்குறைய திவால் நிலை.
திருப்பதி பிரதர்ஸின் இடம் பொருள் ஏவல் படம் எப்போதோ வந்திருக்க வேண்டும். விஜய் சேதுபதி, சம்பள பாக்கியை தந்தால் மட்டுமே டப்பிங் பேசுவேன் என்றதால் படம் முடியாமல் நிற்கிறது.

விஜய் சேதுபதிக்கு 6 கோடிகள்வரை மார்க்கெட் இருக்கும் நிலையில், வெறும் ஒன்றரை கோடிக்கு இடம் பொருள் ஏவல் படத்தை ஒப்புக் கொண்டு நடித்துத் தந்தார். தன்னை அறிமுகப்படுத்திய சீனு ராமசாமிக்காக இந்த தாராளம். இந்த ஒன்றரையிலும் அரை கோடி நிலுவையில் உள்ளது. அதற்குதான் டப்பிங் பேச மாட்டேன் போர்க்கொடி.

உத்தம வில்லனால் திருப்பதி பிரதர்ஸ் நஷ்டமடைந்ததை கேட்டறிந்த விஜய் சேதுபதி, மீதமுள்ள அரை கோடியையும் வேண்டாம் என்று தள்ளுபடி செய்துள்ளார்.

aiyo paavam :(

balaajee
24th August 2015, 01:10 PM
அட்வான்ஸை திருப்பித்தர ஒத்துக் கொண்ட விஜய் சேதுபதிவிஜய் சேதுபதி வீரப்பன் மீசை வைத்து ஒரு படத்தில் நடித்தது நினைவிருக்கிறதா? சங்குதேவன் என்ற படம்?

http://media.webdunia.com/_media/ta/img/article/2015-08/23/full/1440315822-363.jpg

ஜே.சதீஷ்குமார் தயாரிப்பில் சுதாகர் என்பவர் இயக்கிய இந்தப் படத்தை பர்ஸ்ட் காப்பி அடிப்படையில் தயாரித்து தருவதாகக் கூறி இரண்டு கோடிகள் வாங்கினார் விஜய் சேதுபதி. நான்கு நாள் படப்பிடிப்புடன் சங்குதேவனுக்கு சங்கு ஊதப்பட்டது. கதை முதற்கொண்டு பல பிரச்சனைகள். படத்திலிருந்து விலகினார் விஜய் சேதுபதி.

படம் நடித்துத் தர வேண்டும் இல்லை கொடுத்த பணம் 2 கோடி வட்டியோடு வேண்டும் என கொஞ்ச நாளாக போர்க்கொடி தூக்கிக் கொண்டிருந்தார் சதீஷ்குமார். சமீபத்தில் இதற்கு பஞ்சாயத்து நடந்தது. விஜய் சேதுபதி வாங்கிய 2 கோடியை வங்கி வட்டியுடன் திருப்பித்தர வேண்டும் என முடிவானது. விஜய் சேதுபதியும் ஒப்புக் கொண்டார்.

இறைவி படத்துக்காக வாங்கிய சம்பளத்தில் ஒரு கோடியையும், இடம் பொருள் ஏவல் படத்திற்கு கிடைக்கும் சம்பளத்தில் 25 லட்சத்தையும் தருவதாக அவர் உறுதி அளித்தார். மீதி தொகையை ஒவ்வொரு படத்திற்கும் சம்பளம் வாங்கும் போது கொஞ்சம் கொஞ்சமாக தருவதாக ஏற்பாடு.

இதுக்கு பேசாமல் ஆரஞ்சு மிட்டாய் மாதிரி ஒரு படத்தில் நடித்துக் கொடுக்கலாம்.

mappi
26th August 2015, 08:21 PM
Naanum Rowdydhaan First Look

http://st1.bollywoodlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/590027.jpg

Russellvzp
27th August 2015, 01:57 AM
Naanum Rowdydhaan First Look

http://st1.bollywoodlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/590027.jpg

poster theri!!

VinodKumar's
27th August 2015, 11:18 AM
Mass poster !!!

mappi
14th October 2015, 04:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n00wZ-PfG6Y

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12038293_428602270662409_7951412789775241298_n.jpg ?oh=990eda3244766e2488cf2785dade49ee&oe=569AC256

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkOzwm-Ysiw

mappi
14th October 2015, 04:27 PM
https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/10349139_494622960695985_1265699156434333640_n.jpg ?oh=c4fe6685db5179cdae27c0e932e49b36&oe=568B9625

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/12072643_514373232054291_2803888485023129194_n.jpg ?oh=257a3d607363d7c01e435ad3a397b16c&oe=56916559

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12115890_1079699535396647_5279484863779588384_n.jp g?oh=7c17a87d3c8d7b3410a520a209c25258&oe=56C6D0DA

balaajee
22nd October 2015, 10:51 PM
விஜய் சேதுபதியை இயக்குகிறார் 'வா டீல்' ரத்தின சிவா

http://tamil.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/02593/vijaysethupathy_2593559f.jpg

'வா டீல்' இயக்குநர் ரத்தின சிவா தனது அடுத்த படத்தில் விஜய் சேதுபதியை இயக்க இருக்கிறார்.
'நானும் ரவுடிதான்' படத்தைத் தொடர்ந்து விஜய் சேதுபதி நடிப்பில் 'மெல்லிசை' திரைப்படம் வெளியாகி இருக்கிறது. 'சேதுபதி' படத்தின் படப்பிடிப்பு தற்போது நடைபெற்று வருகிறது. அதனைத் தொடர்ந்து 'காக்கா முட்டை' மணிகண்டன் இயக்கவிருக்கும் படத்தில் நடிக்க ஒப்பந்தமாகி இருக்கிறார் விஜய் சேதுபதி.

இவ்விரண்டு படங்களைத் தொடர்ந்து, 'வா டீல்' இயக்குநர் ரத்தின சிவா இயக்கவிருக்கும் படத்துக்கு தேதிகள் ஒதுக்கியிருக்கிறார் விஜய் சேதுபதி. இப்படத்தை 'ஆரஞ்சு மிட்டாய்' படத்தைப் போல தனது நண்பருடன் இணைந்து தயாரிக்கவிருக்கிறார்.

அருண்விஜய், கார்த்திகா நடித்திருக்கும் 'வா டீல்' படத்தை இயக்கி இருக்கிறார் ரத்தின சிவா. நீண்ட நாட்களாக தயாரிப்பில் இருக்கும் இப்படம் விரைவில் திரைக்கு வரவிருக்கிறது.

mappi
26th October 2015, 03:01 PM
http://photos.filmibeat.com/ph-big/2014/04/mellisai-poster_139695696460.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhvpidOEK7g

http://www.impawards.com/intl/india/2014/posters/mellisai_ver4.jpg

thamiz
26th October 2015, 06:42 PM
Finally he delivered a "hit movie"! :)

Russellvzp
26th October 2015, 08:08 PM
padam super.. enjoyed, my mom and dad liked it too :)

aana 'podanum sir' comedy ellam konjam overa pattathu.. satharanama double meaning triple meaninglam kandukka mattanga censorla.. :banghead:

balaajee
27th October 2015, 11:32 AM
மீண்டும் விஜய் சேதுபதி படத்தை தயாரிக்கும் தனுஷ்

விஜய் சேதுபதியை வைத்து தனுஷ் தயாரித்த, நானும் ரௌடிதான் நல்ல வரவேற்புடன் ஓடிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது. இந்நிலையில், தனது வுண்டர்பார் விஜய் சேதுபதி நடிக்கும் இன்னொரு படத்தையும் தயாரிக்கயிருப்பதாக தனுஷ் கூறியுள்ளார்.

http://media.webdunia.com/_media/ta/img/article/2015-10/26/full/1445835508-7752.jpg

நானும் ரௌடிதான் முதல் நாளில் 2.16 கோடிகளை வசூலித்தது. அடுத்தடுத்த தினங்களில் வசூல் அதிகரித்து, நான்கு தினங்களில் மட்டும் 10 கோடிகளை படம் தாண்டியது. படத்துக்கு ரசிகர்களின் ஆதரவு பெருகியபடியே வருகிறது.

இந்நிலையில், தனது ட்விட்டர் பக்கத்தில் அந்த மகிழ்ச்சிகரமான செய்தியை தனுஷ் பகிர்ந்துள்ளார்.

வுண்டர்பார் ஃபிலிம்ஸுக்காக நம்ம ரவுடி விஜய் சேதுபதி மீண்டும் ஒரு படத்தில் நடிக்க உள்ளார் என்பதை மிக மகிழ்ச்சியுடன் அறிவிக்கிறேன் என தனுஷ் குறிப்பிட்டுள்ளார்.

ஜோ*டி யார் நயன்தாராவா?

balaajee
30th October 2015, 01:25 PM
விஜய் சேதுபதியுடன் நடிக்கும் மலையாள நடிகை மடோனா

நானும் ரௌடிதான் வெற்றியைத் தொடர்ந்து மீண்டும் விஜய் சேதுபதியின் பக்கம் கவனம் திரும்பியிருக்கிறது.

http://media.webdunia.com/_media/ta/img/article/2015-10/30/full/1446169910-9342.jpg

அவரது நடிப்பில் தயாராகியிருக்கும் மெல்லிசை படத்துக்கு எதிர்பார்ப்பு அதிகரித்துள்ளதாக படக்குழு தெரிவிக்கிறது.

அருண் குமார் இயக்கத்தில் சேதுபதி, நலன் குமாரசாமி இயக்கத்தில் காதலும் கடந்து போகும் உள்பட சில படங்களில் விஜய் சேதுபதி நடித்து வருகிறார்.

இதில் காதலும் கடந்து போகும், தென்கொரியப்படமான மை டியர் டெஸ்பரடோவின் தழுவல்.

இதில் நாயகியாக மலையாள நடிகை மடோனா நடித்து வருகிறார். மை டியர் டெஸ்பரடோ கிட்டத்தட்ட ஒரு நாயகி மையப்படம். மடோனாவுக்கு விஜய் சேதுபதிக்கு இணையான வேடம் உள்ளதாக கூறப்படுகிறது.

balaajee
14th December 2015, 05:36 PM
தர்மதுரை ஃபர்ஸ்ட் லுக் அன்றே ஃபர்ஸ்ட் பிரச்னை!
விஜய்சேதுபதி நடிப்பில் சீனுராமசாமி இயக்கத்தில் உருவாகிவரும் படம் தர்மதுரை. அப்படத்திற்கான ஃபர்ஸ்ட்லுக் போஸ்டர் இன்று வெளியாகியுள்ளது. அதே நேரம் 2014ல் ஆனந்த் குமரேசன் இயக்கத்தில் விஜய்சேதுபதி ஒப்பந்தமான திரைப்படம் வசந்தகுமாரன். இவ்விரு படங்களுக்குமே தயாரிப்பு நிறுவனம் “ஸ்டூடியோ 9” .
வசந்தகுமாரன் திரைப்படத்தை பாதியிலேயே கைவிட்டதாகவும், அடுத்த படத்தை தயாரிப்பு நிறுவனம் தொடங்கிவிட்டதாகவும் பட இயக்குநர் ஆனந்த் குமரேசன் சமுகவலைதளங்களில் தயாரிப்பு தரப்பிற்கு ஐந்து கேள்விகளை முன்வைத்து அறிக்கை வெளியிட்டுள்ளார். அவர்கூறும்போது,

http://img.vikatan.com/cinema/2015/12/14/images/Vijay-Sethupathi.jpg“வசந்தகுமாரன்” திரைப்படத்தை எழுதி இயக்குவதற்காக கடந்த டிசம்பர் 2012-ல் நான் ஒப்பந்தமாகினேன். பணிகளும் நடந்தன. பிரச்சினைகள் பேச்சுவார்த்தைகள் என்று வருடங்கள் நகர்ந்தன. தற்போது அத்திரைப்படம் கைவிடப்பட்டதாக ஊடகங்களின் மூலம் அறிகிறேன். “வசந்தகுமாரன்” திரைப்படத்திற்குப் பதிலாக “தர்மதுரை”என்கிற திரைப்படம் இன்று (டிசம்பர் 2015) படப்பிடிப்பு தொடங்கப்படவுள்ளதாக மீண்டும் ஊடகங்களின் மூலமே அறிகிறேன்.

பல்வேறு குழப்பங்களுக்கு ஆட்பட்டு, இதை நான் பதிவிட வேண்டிய கட்டாயத்திற்கு ஆளாகியுள்ளேன்…

1. வசந்தகுமாரன் திரைப்படம் நடைபெறாமல் இருப்பதற்குக் காரணம் கதாநாயகருக்கும் தயாரிப்பாளருக்கும் ஏற்பட்ட பிரச்சினை என்றே அறியப்படுகிறது. அது என்ன பிரச்சினை?

2. அந்த பிரச்சினை எப்படி முடிவுக்கு வந்தது?

3. பிரச்சினை முடிவுக்கு வந்திருந்தால், சம்மந்தப்பட்ட படம்தானே ஆரம்பிக்கப்பட்டிருக்க வேண்டும். மாறாக ஏன் ”வசந்தகுமாரன்” கைவிடப்பட்டது?

4. அதற்குப் பதிலாக தர்மதுரை என்கிற திரைப்படம் எப்படி ஆரம்பிக்கப்பட்டது?

5. இவை எதுவுமே தொழில் அடிப்படையிலோ அல்லது குறைந்தபட்சம் மனிதாபிமான அடிப்படையிலோ கூட தயாரிப்பாளரோ அல்லது கதாநாயகரோ, தகவலாகவோ அல்லது என்னை அழைத்து நேரிலோ ஏன் என்னிடம் இதுவரை தெரிவிக்கவில்லை.?

நான் பலமுறை தொடர்புகொள்ள முயற்சித்தபொழுதும் அவர்களிடம் சரியான பதில்கள் கிடைக்கவில்லை. பதில்களே இல்லை என்பதுதான் உண்மை.
இப்பொழுது என்னுடைய எதிர்பார்ப்பு ஒன்றே ஒன்றுதான். மூன்று வருடங்களாகக் காத்திருந்த எனக்கு அடுத்து என்ன செய்வது என்று தெரியவில்லை. சுமார் பன்னிரெண்டு வருட சினிமா வாழ்க்கை கேள்விக்குறியாகி உள்ளது.

ஒரு திரைப்படம் கைவிடப்பட்டு அதற்குப்பதிலாக இன்னொரு திரைப்படம் நடக்கும்பொழுது அது ஏன் என்று விளக்கமளித்து துறை சார்ந்தவர்களுக்கும், ஊடகங்களுக்கும் “அறிவிக்க” வேண்டியது அவசியம். குறைந்தபட்சம் எனக்காவது விளக்கமளிக்கவேண்டியது தார்மீக அடிப்படையில் உங்களது கடமை என்பதை நினைவுபடுத்த விரும்புகிறேன்.

நான் உங்களிடம் படமோ, பணமோ அல்லது பரிதாபமோ வேண்டி நிற்கவில்லை. தயாரிப்பாளருக்கும் கதாநாயகருக்கும் ஏற்பட்ட தனிப்பட்ட பிரச்சினையில், ஒரு முதல் பட இயக்குனராகிய நான் ஏன் சம்மந்தமே இல்லாமல் பலியாக்கப்பட்டேன் என்பது குறித்த ஒரு முறையான விளக்கம் மட்டுமே” இவ்வாறு பதிவிட்டுள்ளார்.

சீனுராமசாமியுடன் இடம்பொருள்ஏவல் படத்தைத் தொடர்ந்து இரண்டாவதாக இணைந்திருக்கும் தர்மதுரை படத்திற்கான முதல்பார்வை வெளியான முதல்நாளே சர்ச்சையிலும் சிக்கியிருக்கிறது.

mappi
14th December 2015, 09:42 PM
http://dilwaleboxoffice.in/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/dharma-durai.jpg

balaajee
15th December 2015, 11:55 AM
தர்மதுரை படத்தின் துவக்கவிழா ஆல்பம்!
(http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130774) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130775) http://img.vikatan.com/album/2015/12/nwewnz/thumb/130776.jpg (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130776) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130777) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130778) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130779) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130780) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130781) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130782) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130783) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130784) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130785) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130786) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130787) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130788) http://img.vikatan.com/album/2015/12/nwewnz/thumb/130789.jpg (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130789) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130790) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130791) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130792) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130793) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130794) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130795) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130796) http://img.vikatan.com/album/2015/12/nwewnz/thumb/130797.jpg (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130797) (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130798) http://img.vikatan.com/album/2015/12/nwewnz/thumb/130799.jpg (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130799) http://img.vikatan.com/album/2015/12/nwewnz/thumb/130800.jpg (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130800) http://img.vikatan.com/album/2015/12/nwewnz/thumb/130801.jpg (http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/album.php?&a_id=5044&p_id=130801)

balaajee
18th December 2015, 05:24 PM
சேதுபதி முடிந்தது! - hindu tamil
ரவுடி என்ற பாவனையுடன் உலாவரும் நகைச்சுவை நாயகன் கதாபாத்திரத்தில் விஜய் சேதுபதி நடித்தார். ‘நானும் ரவுடிதான்' என்ற பெயரில் வெளியான அந்தப் படம் மிகப் பெரிய வெற்றிபெற்றது. இதற்கிடையில் அவர் முதல்முறையாக போலீஸ் இன்ஸ்பெக்டர் வேடத்தில் நடித்த 'சேதுபதி' படத்தின் படப்பிடிப்பு ஒரே வீச்சில் முடிவடைந்துவிட்டது. இந்தப் படத்தின் நாயகியாக ரம்யா நம்பீசன் நடித்திருக்கிறார். மதுரையைக் களமாகக் கொண்ட இந்தப் படத்தை அருண்குமார் இயக்கியிருக்கிறார். இவர் விஜய் சேதுபதி நடிப்பில் வெளியாகி, பாராட்டுகளைப் பெற்ற ‘பண்ணையாரும் பத்மினியும்' படத்தை இயக்கியவர். படத்தை விரைவில் வெளியிட இருக்கிறார்கள்.

balaajee
30th December 2015, 12:15 PM
மணிகண்டன் - விஜய் சேதுபதி இணையும் 'ஆண்டவன் கட்டளை' - Tamil Hindu

'காக்கா முட்டை' மணிகண்டன் இயக்கத்தில் விஜய் சேதுபதி நடிக்கவிருக்கும் படத்துக்கு 'ஆண்டவன் கட்டளை' எனப் பெயரிட்டு இருக்கிறார்கள்.
2015ம் ஆண்டில் அனைத்து தரப்பிலும் பெரும் வெற்றியடைந்த படம் 'காக்கா முட்டை'. தனுஷ் மற்றும் வெற்றிமாறன் இருவரது கூட்டு தயாரிப்பில் வெளியான இப்படத்தை மணிகண்டன் இயக்கி இருந்தார்.
அப்படத்தைத் தொடர்ந்து 'குற்றமே தண்டனை' என்னும் படத்தை இயக்கி இருக்கிறார். வித்தார்த், ஐஸ்வர்யா உள்ளிட்ட பலர் நடித்திருக்கும் இப்படத்தின் மூலமாக தயாரிப்பாளராக அறிமுகமாகிறார் வித்தார்த். இப்படம் மும்பை சர்வதேச திரைப்பட விழாவில் திரையிடப்பட்டு இருக்கிறது. பாடல்களே இல்லாத இப்படத்துக்கு இளையராஜா பின்னணி இசையமைத்திருக்கிறார்.

'குற்றமே தண்டனை' படத்தைத் தொடர்ந்து விஜய் சேதுபதி நாயகனாக நடிக்கவிருக்கும் படத்தை இயக்க, அப்படத்தை அன்புசெழியன் தயாரிக்க இருக்கிறார். இப்படத்தின் படப்பிடிப்பு அடுத்தாண்டு தொடங்க இருக்கிறது. இப்படத்துக்கு 'ஆண்டவன் கட்டளை' என்று தலைப்பிட்டு இருக்கிறார்கள். இப்படத்திலும் பாடல்களே இல்லையென்றும் பின்னணி இசை மட்டுமே என்றும் படக்குழு சார்பில் தெரிவித்தார்கள்.

balaajee
15th January 2016, 07:34 PM
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/02/1452863146-poster-2.jpgThe movie directed by Nalan Kumarasamy

Parthyy
15th January 2016, 11:08 PM
Madonna Sebastian :drool:

balaajee
16th January 2016, 01:44 PM
08:42 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYztCXVUMAIeJeq.jpg

balaajee
23rd January 2016, 07:43 AM
0:04 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZLqiuBVIAAEow8.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZReDl-UkAADVJK.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZU1tfJUYAE99GO.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZOXQCJUkAAUQmE.jpg

balaajee
16th February 2016, 12:43 PM
நடிகர்களுக்காக சண்டையிடாமல் அரசியலை விவாதிப்பீர்: இளைஞர்களுக்கு விஜய் சேதுபதி அறிவுரை

http://tamil.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/02719/sethupathy_2719431f.jpg
ஏதாவது ஒரு கட்சியில் அடிப்படை உறுப்பினராகவாவது இளைஞர்கள் இருக்க வேண்டும் என்று விஜய் சேதுபதி தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.
அருண் இயக்கத்தில் விஜய் சேதுபதி, ரம்யா நம்பீசன் உள்ளிட்ட பலர் நடிப்பில் வெளியாக இருக்கும் படம் 'சேதுபதி'. பிப்ரவரி 19ம் தேதி வெளியாக இருக்கும் இப்படத்தை விளம்பரப்படுத்தும் நிகழ்ச்சியில் கலந்து கொண்டு வருகிறார் விஜய்சேதுபதி.

தனியார் தொலைக்காட்சி ஒன்றில் கலந்து கொண்ட நிகழ்ச்சியில், இளைஞர்கள் அரசியலில் ஆர்வம் காட்ட வேண்டும் என்று தெரிவித்திருக்கிறார். அந்நிகழ்ச்சியில் விஜய் சேதுபதி பேசியது:
"சினிமா நடிகர்களுக்காக இளைஞர்கள் சண்டையிட்டுக் கொள்வது கஷ்டமாக இருக்கிறது. ட்விட்டரிலும், ஃபேஸ்புக்கிலும் சண்டையிட்டு கொள்வதைப் பார்க்கிறேன். அது ரொம்ப கஷ்டமாக இருக்கிறது. இதில் இருக்கும் ஆர்வத்தில் ஓரளவையாவது அரசியலில் செலுத்த வேண்டும் என நான் எதிர்பார்க்கிறேன். முடிந்த அளவுக்கு அனைவருமே ஏதாவது ஒரு கட்சியில் அடிப்படை உறுப்பினராகவாவது இருக்க வேண்டும் என நினைக்கிறேன்.

18 வயதைக் கடந்த இளைஞர்கள் ஏதாவது ஒரு கட்சியில் உறுப்பினராக இருக்க வேண்டும் என்பதே என் எண்ணம். அதை ஒரு முக்கியமான தேவையாக பார்க்கிறேன். உறுப்பினராக இருக்கும்போது இளைஞர்கள் தேடித் தேடி தெரிந்து கொள்வார்கள் என நினைக்கிறேன்.

ட்விட்டர், ஃபேஸ்புக் வந்தால் கூட ஜாதிய எண்ணம் இன்னும் போகவில்லை எனத் தோன்றுகிறது. அந்த எண்ணம் ஆழமாகிறது, அது ஏன் என்று தெரியவில்லை. இன்று நிறைய காதல் திருமணங்கள் நடக்கிறது, அது நல்ல விஷயம். ஜாதியை மையப்படுத்தி சில திருமண விளம்பரங்களைப் பார்க்கும் போது கஷ்டமாக இருக்கிறது" என்று தெரிவித்திருக்கிறார் விஜய் சேதுபதி.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/TJZqcGhsbEU

balaajee
22nd February 2016, 05:09 PM
ஃபேஸ்புக் கணக்கை நீக்கியது ஏன்?- விஜய் சேதுபதி விளக்கம்

தனது ஃபேஸ்புக் கணக்கை நீக்கியது ஏன் என்று நடிகர் விஜய் சேதுபதி தெரிவித்திருக்கிறார்.
அருண் இயக்கத்தில் விஜய் சேதுபதி, ரம்யா நம்பீசன், வேல ராமமூர்த்தி உள்ளிட்ட பலர் நடிப்பில் வெளியாகி இருக்கும் படம் 'சேதுபதி'. நிவாஸ் பிரசன்னா இசையமைத்திருக்கும் இப்படத்தை வான்சன் மூவிஸ் நிறுவனம் தயாரித்திருக்கிறது.

விமர்சன ரீதியாக இப்படத்துக்கு நல்ல வரவேற்பு கிடைத்திருக்கிறது. மக்களிடம் எப்படி வரவேற்பு பெறுகிறது என்பது திங்கட்கிழமை தெரிந்துவிடும்.

இந்நிலையில் தனது ஃபேஸ்புக் கணக்கை நீக்கியது ஏன் என்று 'தி இந்து' ஆங்கிலம் நாளிதழுக்கு அளித்த பேட்டியில் தெரிவித்திருக்கிறார் விஜய் சேதுபதி.

அதில், "நான் சில காலம் பேஸ்புக்கில் இணைந்திருந்தேன். கமெண்டுகளுக்கு பதில் சொல்வேன், ரசிகர்களின் பாராட்டுக்கு நன்றி சொல்வேன். ஆனால் பேஸ்புக் எனது உணர்ச்சிகளை மரத்துப்போகச் செய்வது போல உணர்ந்தேன்.

ஒருவர் சோகமான செய்தியை பகிர்ந்ததை காண நேரிட்டது. ஆனால் அது குறித்து நான் யோசிக்கும் முன்னரே வேறொருவர் நகைச்சுவையான மீம் ஒன்றை அவர் கணக்கில் பகிர்ந்திருந்தார். இது என்னை குழப்பமடையச் செய்தது. அந்தச் செய்திக்காக அழுவதா, இல்லை இந்த மீமுக்காக சிரிப்பதா எனத் தெரியவில்லை.

ஒரு மனிதனாக இந்த முரண் என்னை பாதித்தது, அதனால் என் கணக்கை டெலிட் செய்து விட்டேன்" என்று தெரிவித்திருக்கிறார் விஜய் சேதுபதி.

mappi
23rd February 2016, 03:26 PM
Sethupathi (HD) Movie Stills

http://www.iflickz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/IMG_0518.jpg

http://www.iflickz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/IMG_0693.jpg

http://www.iflickz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/IMG_2014.jpg

http://www.iflickz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/IMG_8015.jpg

http://www.iflickz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/IMG_3919.jpg

mappi
23rd February 2016, 05:22 PM
Sethupathi [Tamil : 2016 : 2h : Suspense (Drama, Thrillers)]

Written & Directed by S. U. Arun Kumar (Pannaiyarum Padminiyum)

Music : Nivas K. Prasanna
Cinematography : Dinesh Krishnan
Editing : A. Sreekar Prasad

Starring : Remya Nambeesan, Vijay Sethupathi, Vela Ramamoorthy (Rajini Murugan, Payum Puli, Madha Yannai Kootam)

https://www.studioflicks.com/wp-content/galleries/sethupathi-movie-stills/Sethupathi-Movie-New-Stills-3.JPG

Sethupathi-the film, marks the end of Actor Vijay Sethupathi's short-film fixation, and permits himself to enter the arena of feature films made for commercial benefits. Director Arun Kumar does not show any of the short-film making gimmicks and treats the whole movie as contemporary motion picture. The narrative is fragmented which hypes the proceedings that follows two distinct investigations in Madurai City lead by the Inspector of Police, K. Sethupathi. The enquiries and methods are different as the former is a murder mystery whereas the later is more personnel as it involves Sethupathi himself. Just when mystery behind the death of another policeman is solved, Sethupathi should re-investigate a shoot out, where the evidence, the Gun, that had injured a victim plays an unique role to crack the case. This Gun, favouring the judgement towards an act of crime, is also the witness pointing to innonence. This complacity is not only interesting, but the way its projected is fascinating where a computer generated images simplify the whole action of triggering a gun.

Sethupathi (Vijay Sethupathi) battles within himself between a good family man and an acute Police Officer. He is observant, analytic and severe when it comes to safeguarding the law and thoughtful, caring and responsible as a father of two kids. Investigating a road-side murder, Sethupathi produces enough evidence to pick-up Vathiyar (Vela Ramamoorthy) for interrogation. As usual, Vathiyar, a kind of local mafia don, pulls enough strings from his huge contact list and walks out uncharged. What happens next is a shocker to Sethupathi. An incident before his own eyes, puts Sethupathi not only in the suspect list but also tortures him with questions doubting his very own action. More than who were behind plotting him, Sethupathi is pushed into a traumatic state where he believes what he had experienced, defying the very first law of the judiciary system - Seeing isn't Believing.

Getting the traits of a Police Officier is not an easy task. There are several pointers, mainly the color of the uniform, Kakki, itself that plays an important attribute to the attire. For Vijay Sethupathi, simply his toned skin over which the uniform sits make him one of the prominent hero taking up this dynamic role. He looked like the awesome cop who helped cross the road when the automobilists did not care about the red light on the traffic signal post (a wonderful service man, whose stars on his shoulders indicated his high position, stood their patiently walking people admist the chaos, he didn't even have the time to react to my thanks, he just walked away giving me his generous smile - Hats off Sir). Then, comes the facial indicators, notably the mustache. Vijay Sethupathi's 'kitchen-knife-tash' and the way he guides it with his 'jupiter-finger' is strikingly awesome. What sparks the terror and makes the character's action real are the eyes and the way its used to establish a connection through the screen. Even behind the 'brown shaded ray-ban' sitting over his nose, Vijay Sethupathi looked menancing while circling the goons and friendly when he is around the general crowd. And ofcoarse, the Royal Enfield, which goes my another awesome name, Bullet.

Vijay Sethupathi as Sethupathi suceeds cent percent.

Arun Kumar has wonderfully developed the events inside contrasting rooms - the living room of Father-Husband Sethupathi & the Bureau of Inspector of Police Sethupathi. When the angry husband pushes his wife down, he notices his little girl walking in as a reaction to the noise. The yelling father immediately cools down and mocks his wife who is face down on a pallette of paint saying to his kid that her mother fell over the colors. Hats off to the artists, team & the director. Similarly, when recollecting the shootout, Vijay Sethupathi picks up his tone from "Naduvula Koncham Pakkatha Kanom". The villan Vathiyar and his entourage were splendid. The tiny story revolving around Vathiyar and how it creeps into Sethupathi's life is a crackling twist.

The supporting cast who take up the roles of characters spun around Sethupathi are too good, notably Remya Nambeesan, the kids and Vela Ramamoorthy. Eventhough the goons and henchmen are forcibly made to be funny, they have performed quite good too - the way they challenge Sethupathi and immediately try to compromise or run away "Vedivelu" style were hillarious, but repetitive. The stunts were cool, the highlight is the chase inside a market around the iron-work shops. Nivas K. Prasanna music stays with the scenes and does not try to over-explode. Use of light reflectors is a very nice touch, where Dinesh Krishnan takes in several close-up of Vijay Sethupathi capturing briskly his eye movement. Would like to see the director's cut as I felt that the movie was scrapped to fit inside a 120 minutes runtime, though an intelligent edit from the raw footage.

Sethupathi-the film, gets a place in my DVD Collection, an enjoyable film that should put back the same excitement during each watch, just like Samy or Singam.

Sethupathi - Set, Sharp & Strike

http://www.iflickz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/IMG_8947.jpg

mappi
11th March 2016, 02:33 PM
Kadhalum Kadanthu Pogum in Theatres Now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nZADyV1cLQ

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/kadhalum-kadandhu-pogum-movie-release-posters/kadhalum_kadandhu_pogum_movie_release_posters_vija y_sethupathi_madonna_sebastian_16d8b67.jpg

Vijay Sethupathi reminds me a lot my favourite Rajini of the Eighties. He somehow gets locked inside good hands, his gelled hair is a fine touch for the dance movements, which ofcoarse he does is a clumpsily adorable manner, just like the Rajini in "Thayananthan Kummi Kotti" from Adhisiya Piravi.

All the best to the entire Team, Vijay Sethupathi Kalakuringa Ponga !

mappi
11th March 2016, 05:25 PM
Tamanna & 'Makkal Selvan' Vijay Sethupathi in Dharma Durai
Audio Soon Poster

http://www.123coimbatore.com/cbe_news/1457670956_CdPGBIkUkAEPO94.jpg

mappi
14th March 2016, 04:30 PM
Kadhalum Kadandhu Pogum [2016 : Tamil : 2h15m : Romance (Musical, Drama)]
Wirtten & Directed by Nalan Kumarasamy

Music Santosh Narayanan

Starring : Madonna Sebastian & Vijay Sethupathi

http://www.iflickz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Kadhalum-Kadanthu-Pogum-Movie-Stills-6.jpg

Oru Oorula, Ore Oru Veeran. Avana Seendathaan, Kitta Vandhu Paaraen.

The title clearly suggests that the film, Kadhalum Kadandhu Pogum, will be evelopped inside Romance. Being alergic to this fantastic genre, I just could not ignore a C. V. Kumar production ; a film by Nalan Kumarasamy ; starring Vijay Sethupathi and music composed by Santosh Narayanan - that's bigger than a festival package.

Kadhalum Kadandhu Pogum is an unusual film which tries to be usual. There is no caste or relegion or the hero lecturing the heroine or the female drolling for the male or any over the top episodes to justify the reunion of the lead pairs. Infact a Romance Film without a duet, only sign is the rain. But still, it's usual when talking about a relationship between an uneducated youngster, Kadir (Vijay Sethupathi), who is obviously a stray in the society, with an educated town girl, Yazhini (amazing name, enacted by Madonna Sebastian), who comes to the city for job oppurtunities. Nothing really happens between them - Kadir ignores Yazhini, while Yazhini does not seem to care about the way Kadir is - but still many personal matters, common and uncommon, happen between this inglorious pair - Nalan strikes, hats off Nalan.

Ambition is the platform from where the film maker carries his story. Yazhini & Kadir strive to make it big in their line of work - Kadir goes to jail so that he can get to run a Bar ; Yazhini elopes from her caring family to persue her dream. Moverever, they both prepared to acheive what they wished by supressing the unlimited insults, be it getting beaten in a bar or sing a song in an interview. When these two personalities meet, it's their ambition that ties them together with a elastic cord - further they move from each other, closer it brings them. The humour is at its best when potraying their attitudes - Kadir takes the umbrella of Yazhini to get idilis where as she walks to the interview in the rain, and when Kadir meets Yazhini on the way, he is more worried about the Idlis getting wet.

Just like Kadir surrounded by his assosiates who try to run a bar at any which way possible, Yazhini has her parents who stictly don't beleive in her independence. And both parties do show some efforts towards them where Kadir's mentor has some other plan for him just to keep him out of trouble while Yazhini's parent accept to meet her new boy friend. So many such wonderful episodes happens inside the movie, which makes it tickingly interesting.

Kadhalum Kadanthu Pogaum is a Musical. Lovely songs & back ground score, mostly narrative music. 'Bongu Kichan' pitches in timely during suituations to convey a sattire, exmple, a payment asked for paltistic bag, and when Yazhini or Kadir try to establish a crooked idea. 'Pangaali' is the best, where you can see the peak of the song is when Kadir waits for the IT-HR (LoL). 'Paravai Parandhuchu', a fabulous funky number with excellent lyrics - Aana Aavanna, Yenna Rani Naan - a song about liberation, a devine freedom to follow the dream. The music starts on the train - 'Thus her journey begins ...' - is just amazing. 'Akkam Pakkam Paar', a jazz number is the only song that sees Kadir & Yazhini joined together potraying how two contrasting individuals are under the same umbrella (ambition).

The film has a Mani Rathnam feel throughout, starting from the rain - a Weather of Love - to the way the characters are leisurely handled. Nalan has wonderfully crafted the personalities in his narration with an effective writing for the screen. The temple episode is fantastic, no exageration just a potrayal of how life can turn cruel between seconds. All that Vijay Sethupathi does is to emote, he is becoming terrific. It's a charm to see him put in use his eyes to bringout sympathy, anger, curiousness, passion, etc., and above all, the apathy. The rest of the artists were good to too good. Editing and camera have deployed few cinematic techiniques wonderfully, couple of scenes - a bar fight and when Yazhini calls in the HR as a BBC reporter. The movie is loaded with charm, hats off Leo John Paul & Dinesh Krishnan.

Eventhough I would have settled for an alternate ending, the post-climax was cool. The tentative title 'Eskimo' would have been much apter, as the lead pair do shelter under their own warmth - feeling safe and comfortable. The official title sounds Shakespearean.

As defined, Kadhalum Kadanthu Pogum is a feeling of excitement and mystery associated with love.

Kadhalum Kadanthu Pogum - Essence of Romance

http://www.iflickz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Kadhalum-Kadanthu-Pogum-Movie-Stills-17.jpg

mappi
15th March 2016, 02:34 PM
Akkam Pakkam Paar Video song from Kadhalum Kadanthu Pogum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE6CyP_2Wcg

balaajee
21st March 2016, 06:35 PM
கே.வி.ஆனந்த் இயக்கத்தில் விஜய் சேதுபதி - டி.ஆர் கூட்டணி

http://tamil.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/02783/kv_2783632g.jpg
ஏஜிஎஸ் நிறுவன தயாரிப்பாளர்களுடன் டி.ராஜேந்தர், விஜய் சேதுபதி, கே.வி.ஆனந்த்

http://tamil.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/02783/ana_venkat_2783633g.jpg

இயக்குநர் கே.வி.ஆனந்தின் அடுத்த படத்தில் விஜய் சேதுபதி, டி.ராஜேந்தர் இருவரும் நடிப்பது உறுதியாகியுள்ளது. ஏஜிஎஸ் நிறுவனம் தயாரிக்கும் இந்தப் படம் குறித்த அதிகாரப்பூர்வ அறிவிப்பு ட்விட்டரில் வெளியிடப்பட்டது.

கே.வி.ஆனந்த் இயக்கத்தில் கடைசியாக வெளியான படம் 'அனேகன'். இதைத் தொடர்ந்து தனது அடுத்த படத்துக்காக கதை விவாதத்தில் ஈடுபட்டு வந்த கே.வி.ஆனந்த் அதில் நடிக்க ஆர்யா, ஜீவா, சிவகார்த்திகேயன் உள்ளிட்ட பலரை தொடர்பு கொண்டதாகத் தெரிகிறது.

ஆனால் கடந்த சில நாட்களாகவே இந்தப் படத்தில் விஜய் சேதுபதி நடிக்க பேச்சுவார்த்தை நடந்துவருவதாக செய்திகள் கசிந்தன. அவை உண்மையாகும் வகையில் தற்போது விஜய் சேதுபதி இந்தப் படத்தில் நடிப்பது உறுதியாகியுள்ளது. அவரோடு டி.ராஜேந்தரும் இதில் நடிக்கவுள்ளார். இது குறித்த அதிகாரப்பூர்வ அறிவிப்பை, புகைப்படத்தோடு ஏஜிஎஸ் நிறுவனம் பகிர்ந்துள்ளது.

கே.வி.ஆனந்த் படங்களில் வழக்கமாக கதை, திரைக்கதை, வசனத்தில் பங்கெடுக்கும் எழுத்தாளர்கள் சுபாவும் இந்த படத்தில் பணியாற்றவுள்ளனர். கே.வி.ஆனந்த், விஜய் சேதுபதி, டி.ராஜேந்தர் என்ற வித்தியாசமான இணை சேர்ந்திருப்பது பலருக்கும் இப்போதே ஆவலை உருவாக்கியுள்ளது.

படத்தின் நாயகி உள்ளிட்ட மற்ற நடிகர் நடிகைகள் மற்றும் தொழில்நுட்ப கலைஞர்கள் பற்றிய விவரம் அடுத்து வரும்

balaajee
27th April 2016, 04:48 PM
விஜய்சேதுபதியும் அந்த 11 கேரக்டர்களும்..! - VIKATAN

http://img.vikatan.com/cinema/2016/04/27/images/Vijaysethuathi.jpgஅடுத்தடுத்து பட ரிலீஸூம், ஷூட்டிங்கும் என்று படுபிஸியான நடிகர் என்றால் அது விஜய்சேதுபதியாகத்தான் இருக்கும். இந்த வருடத்தில் 'சேதுபதி', 'காதலும்கடந்துபோகும்' ஆகிய படங்கள் ரிலீஸான நிலையில் அடுத்து 'இறைவி' வெளியாகவிருக்கிறது.

இவை தவிர, ‘தர்மதுரை’,‘இடம்பொருள்ஏவல்’,‘மெல்லிசை’,‘ஆண்டவன்கட் டளை’ உள்ளிட்ட படங்களும் முடிந்து வெளியாகத் தயாராகிவரும் நிலையில் அடுத்த படத்திற்கான படப்பிடிப்பிற்கு ரெடியாகிவிட்டார் விஜய்சேதுபதி.

ரத்னசிவா இயக்கத்தில் விஜய்சேதுபதி - லட்சுமிமேனன் கூட்டணியில் உருவாகவிருக்கும் படமே “ரெக்கை”. மே 6ம் தேதி இப்படத்திற்கான பூஜையும், தொடர்ந்து மே 11 படப்பிடிப்பையும் தொடங்கவிருக்கிறது படக்குழு. டி.இமான் இசையமைக்கவிருக்கும் இப்படத்தை காமன்மேன் பி.கணேஷ் தயாரிக்கிறார்.

ஏற்கெனவே லட்சுமிமேனன் ஹீரோயினாக நடித்த ஜிகர்தண்டா படத்தில் விஜய்சேதுபதி சிறப்புத்தோற்றத்தில் வந்தாலும், முக்கிய கதாபாத்திரத்தில் நடிக்க, இருவரும் ஜோடிசேருவது இதுவே முதல்முறை.

இப்படம் மட்டுமின்றி, கே.வி.ஆனந்த் இயக்கத்தில், விக்னேஷ் சிவன் இயக்கத்தில், புஷ்கர் காயத்ரி இயக்கத்தில் என்று விஜய்சேதுபதியின் படங்களின் பட்டியல் எகிறிக்கொண்டே இருக்கிறது.
கூட்டிக்கழித்துப்பார்த்தால் இந்தவருடம் 11 படங்களில் 11 விதமான கேரக்டர்கள். நிச்சயம் ரசிகர்களுக்கு வெரைட்டி விருந்தாக இருக்கும்.
நீங்க கலக்குங்க விஜய்சேதுபதி!!

balaajee
11th May 2016, 11:09 AM
'ஆண்டவன் கட்டளை' கதைக்களம்: இயக்குநர் மணிகண்டன் விளக்கம்

http://tamil.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/02847/vijay_2847353f.jpg

விஜய் சேதுபதி நடித்து வரும் 'ஆண்டவன் கட்டளை' படத்தின் கதைக்களம் என்ன என்பது குறித்து இயக்குநர் மணிகண்டன் தெரிவித்திருக்கிறார்.

மணிகண்டன் இயக்கத்தில் விஜய்சேதுபதி, ரித்திகா சிங், யோகிபாபு உள்ளிட்ட பலர் நடிக்க தொடங்கப்பட்ட படம் 'ஆண்டவன் கட்டளை'. கே இசையமைத்து வரும் இப்படத்தை கோபுரம் பிலிம்ஸ் நிறுவனம் தயாரித்து வருகிறது.
இயக்குநர் மணிகண்டனே இப்படத்துக்கு ஒளிப்பதிவு செய்து வருகிறார்கள் என்று தகவல் வெளியானது. ஆனால், இப்படத்திக்கு 'ரெளத்திரம்' படத்துக்கு ஒளிப்பதிவு செய்த சண்முகசுந்தரம் ஒளிப்பதிவு செய்து வருகிறார்.

இப்படத்துக்காக பிரம்மாண்டமான தூதரகம் அரங்கு அமைத்து இறுதிகட்டப் படப்பிடிப்பு நடத்தி வருகிறார்கள். இப்படத்தின் கதைகளம் குறித்து இயக்குநர் மணிகண்டன் "'காக்கா முட்டை' படம் போல 'ஆண்டவன் கட்டளை' திரைப்படம் இருக்காது. எதார்த்தத்தை மீறாத பொழுதுபோக்கு அம்சங்கள் நிறைந்த படமாக இருக்கும். சாதாரண மனிதன் பார்வையில் இந்த அமைப்பின் மீது இருக்கும் பிரச்சினைகளை இப்படம் பேசும்.

வழக்கமாக நீங்கள் பார்க்கும் நாயகி போல ரித்திகா சிங் இப்படத்தில் இருக்க மாட்டார். யோகி பாபு இப்படத்தில் ஒரு முக்கிய பாத்திரத்தில் நடித்திருக்கிறார். இப்படம் அவருக்கு ஒரு திருப்புமுனையாக இருக்கும்." என்று தெரிவித்திருக்கிறார்.
மேலும், மணிகண்டன் இயக்கத்தில் வித்தார்த் நடிப்பில் உருவாகி இருக்கும் 'குற்றமே தண்டனை' திரைப்படம் ஜூன் அல்லது ஜூலையில் வெளியாகும் என தகவல் வெளியாகியுள்ளது.

balaajee
12th May 2016, 11:18 AM
Rekkai

http://www.dinathanthiepaper.in/1252016/MDSB186211-M.jpg

balaajee
12th May 2016, 11:48 AM
Shooting Started

http://data1.ibtimes.co.in/cache-img-600-0-photo/en/full/41978/1463029553_rekka-upcoming-tamil-film-written-directed-by-rathina-shiva-produced-by-b-ganesh-who.jpg

mappi
1st June 2016, 07:47 PM
Dharmadurai Teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oub4lSSHJ-4

balaajee
2nd June 2016, 10:52 AM
மீண்டும் தயாரிப்பாளர் ஆகிறார் விஜய் சேதுபதி

'ஆரஞ்சு மிட்டாய்', 'மேற்கு தொடர்ச்சி மலை' படங்களைத் தொடர்ந்து மீண்டும் ஒரு படம் தயாரிக்க இருக்கிறார் விஜய் சேதுபதி
. 'ஆரஞ்சு மிட்டாய்' படத்தின் மூலம் தயாரிப்பாளராக அறிமுகமானார் விஜய் சேதுபதி. அப்படம் போதிய வரவேற்பைப் பெறவில்லை. அதனைத் தொடர்ந்து முற்றிலும் புதுமுகங்கள் நடிக்க 'மேற்கு தொடர்ச்சி மலை' படத்தை தயாரித்திருக்கிறார்.
'மேற்கு தொடர்ச்சி மலை' படத்தை பல்வேறு திரைப்பட விழாக்களுக்கு அனுப்ப படக்குழு திட்டமிட்டுள்ளது. அப்படத்தைத் தொடர்ந்து மீண்டும் ஒரு படத்தை தயாரிக்க இருக்கிறார் விஜய் சேதுபதி.

'நடுவுல கொஞ்சம் பக்கத்த காணோம்' படத்தில் ஒளிப்பதிவாளராக பணியாற்றிய ப்ரேம் குமார் இயக்குநராக அறிமுகமாக இருக்கிறார். விஜய் சேதுபதி அப்படத்தை தயாரிப்பது மட்டுமன்றி, அதில் நாயகனாகவும் நடிக்க திட்டமிட்டுள்ளார்.
தற்போது விஜய் சேதுபதி நடித்து வரும் 'றெக்க', 'ஆண்டவன் கட்டளை', கே.வி.ஆனந்த் படம் ஆகியவற்றைத் தொடர்ந்து இப்படத்தின் படப்பிடிப்பு தொடங்கப்படும் எனத் தெரிகிறது.

balaajee
9th June 2016, 03:03 PM
மீண்டும் விஜய் சேதுபதி ஜோடியான மடோனா செபஸ்டின்

காதலும் கடந்து போகும் படத்தில் விஜய் சேதுபதியுடன் நடித்த மடோனா செபஸ்டின், கே.வி.ஆனந்த் இயக்கும் படத்திலும் விஜய் சேதுபதியுடன் நடிக்கிறார்.
http://media.webdunia.com/_media/ta/img/article/2016-06/09/full/1465454449-4478.jpg

கே.வி.ஆனந்த் இயக்கும் படத்தை ஏஜிஎஸ் என்டர்டெய்ன்மெண்ட் தயாரிக்கிறது. ஜுலையில் தொடங்கயிருக்கும் படத்துக்கு இப்போதே இரு பாடல்களை தயார் செய்துவிட்டார் ஹிப் ஹாப் ஆதி.

இன்னும் பெயரிடப்படாத இந்தப் படத்தில் விஜய் சேதுபதி கார்ப்பரேட் நிறுவன ஊழியராகவும், கார்ப்பரேட் நிறுவனங்களுக்கு ஆள்களை தேர்வு செய்து தரும் நபராக டி.ராஜேந்தரும் நடிக்கின்றனர். படத்தின் நாயகி யார் என்பது ஒருவாரத்தில் முடிவு செய்யப்படும் என்று கே.வி.ஆனந்த் கூறியிருந்தார்.

தற்போது மடோனா செபஸ்டினை நாயகியாக ஒப்பந்தம் செய்துள்ளதாக அதிகாரப்பூர்வமாக அறிவித்துள்ளனர்.

balaajee
13th July 2016, 04:54 PM
K.V.ANAND FLIM - Production No 18 - Started-
starring.....TR + VS
http://media.webdunia.com/_media/ta/img/article/2016-07/12/full/1468302213-5843.jpg

http://media.webdunia.com/_media/ta/img/article/2016-07/12/full/1468302230-2795.jpg
http://media.webdunia.com/_media/ta/img/article/2016-07/12/full/1468302248-2902.jpg

http://media.webdunia.com/_media/ta/img/article/2016-07/12/full/1468302291-6324.jpg

http://media.webdunia.com/_media/ta/img/article/2016-07/12/full/1468302400-1109.jpg
http://media.webdunia.com/_media/ta/img/article/2016-07/12/full/1468302419-0473.jpg

balaajee
15th July 2016, 03:20 PM
Vijay Sethupathi is Dhanush’s villain?

If the speculation can be believed, then this will be the biggest coup in recent times in Tamil cinema. The buzz is that Vijay Sethupathi will be seen as a compelling antagonist in the Dhanush-Vetri Maaran dream project Vada Chennai, the gangster film set in North Chennai. The trilogy is being made on an epic scale. The multiple National Award-winning filmmaker Vetri Maaran has apparently been working on Vada Chennai for almost five years, and had completed script long back. He was waiting for the right time to start, owing to its mammoth production. This first-of-its-kind for Tamil cinema three-part film started rolling recently in the city with Dhanush taking part in it, sporting a new look.

The new twist is that Vijay Sethupathi, who we saw as a hero in the recently released movie Naanum Rowdy Thaan, will don the role of lead villain in Vada Chennai. Sethupathi is one actor who never shies away from exploring and experimenting with characters; he has already essayed a villain in Sasikumar’s Sundarapandian. In addition, one may recall his critically acclaimed portrayal of a middle-aged man in Pizza and a 55-year-old attention seeker in Orange Mittai.

Another big development in the casting is that Samantha, who was to play the love interest of Dhanush, is being replaced by Amala Paul. As per the sources, the reason is the rumoured impending marriage of Sam with Naga Chaitanya, which the filmmakers feel, may affect shooting schedules and continuity, given that the film has been planned in three parts. Though Vetri Maaran is tight lipped about Sethupathi’s inclusion and Samantha’s exclusion from the cast when we contacted him, reliable insiders tell us that the Pannaiyarum Padminiyum actor has indeed been brought on board for Vada Chennai.

iuzoyebuwin
15th July 2016, 06:27 PM
Dhanush:

Vijay Sethupathi will be playing a very important extended cameo in vada chennai. Very happy :)

mappi
3rd August 2016, 02:38 PM
http://img.nowrunning.com/content/Movie/2016/Dharma-Dur/stills/Dharma-Durai-movie-15.jpg

Dharmadurai Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLGxmCc2rGI

http://img.nowrunning.com/content/Movie/2016/Dharma-Dur/stills/Dharma-Durai-movie-14.jpg

mappi
3rd August 2016, 02:46 PM
http://img.nowrunning.com/content/Movie/2016/Dharma-Dur/stills/Dharma-Durai-movie-05.jpg

Dharmadurai Songs
Music : Yuvan Shankar Raja
Lyrics : Vairamuthu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-3SAj8jE3I

mappi
31st August 2016, 02:34 AM
2016 : Vijay Sethupthi's 5th Feature Film Rekka

http://data1.ibtimes.co.in/cache-img-810-0-photo/en/full/47175/1472107202_rekka-upcoming-tamil-film-written-directed-by-rathina-shiva-produced-by-b-ganesh-who.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvCQifHYSMA

http://data1.ibtimes.co.in/cache-img-624-0-photo/en/full/47174/1472107202_rekka-upcoming-tamil-film-written-directed-by-rathina-shiva-produced-by-b-ganesh-who.jpg

mappi
31st August 2016, 03:03 AM
https://www.studioflicks.com/wp-content/galleries/dharmadurai-movie-stills-1/Dharmadurai-Movie-Stills-10.jpg

Dharmdurai Video Songs Jukebox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsaXEPjPWFU

https://www.studioflicks.com/wp-content/galleries/dharmadurai-movie-stills-1/Dharmadurai-Movie-Stills-8.jpg

mappi
6th September 2016, 10:56 PM
2016 : Vijay Sethupthi's 6th Feature Film Order of the God

http://www.scooptimes.com/wp-content/uploads/andavan-kattalai-film-poster.jpg

http://www.stage3.in/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Andavan-Kattalai-first-look.jpg

http://www.ikollywood.com/events/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Aandavan-Kattalai-Movie-Release-Date.jpg

mappi
6th September 2016, 10:58 PM
Rekka Stills

http://tamil.movies9.info/gallery/Movie/Rekka%20Movie%20Stills/Rekka%20Movie%20Stills007.jpg

http://tamil.movies9.info/gallery/Movie/Rekka%20Movie%20Stills/Rekka%20Movie%20Stills005.jpg

http://tamil.movies9.info/gallery/Movie/Rekka%20Movie%20Stills/Rekka%20Movie%20Stills004.jpg

http://tamil.movies9.info/gallery/Movie/Rekka%20Movie%20Stills/Rekka%20Movie%20Stills003.jpg

http://tamil.movies9.info/gallery/Movie/Rekka%20Movie%20Stills/Rekka%20Movie%20Stills001.jpg

mappi
17th September 2016, 03:13 PM
Andavan Katallai - Teaser, Trailer & Songs

Teaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVNSuGhgsFU

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY2sEuriqLM

Songs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avEN8yGu4sg

Written & Directed by Manikandan (Kaaka Muttai, Kuttrame Thandanai)
Music by K (Yuddham Sei, Kammatipaadam [Malayalam])
Starring - Ritika Singh, Vijay Sethupathi, Nassar, Cheenu Mohan, Ramesh Thilak, Yogi Babu, Singampuli & Namo Narayana.
Banner: Gopuram Films
Music on Sony

mappi
31st July 2017, 07:41 PM
Vethalam Vikramathithan (Vikram and the Vampire)

'He who understands it will be his sire’s sire' - Rig–Veda (I.164.16).

Preface

Oru Kadha Solta ...

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/359826VV01.jpg

King Bhoja, the heir to the throne, entered the throne room amidst the salutations from his ministers. He stood at the bottom of the royal seat and raised his head to watch the thirty-two steps leading to the Golden Throne. To the right side on each step were golden statues of beautiful women. The idols were posing themselves involving various body gestures, mostly pertaining to gracious invitation.

"What a fabulous route to the throne", Bhoja thought.

When he set his right foot on the first step, all the statues laughed at him clapping their hands. Bhoja felt insulted and quickly removed his foot from the stairs; his action froze the idols. He asked the first statue to his right, "Who are you and why are you laughing at me."

"We are Apsaras", the thirty ladies smiled and spoke in unison, "We are put on this earth to serve the Son of Indra and speak about his laurels."

"Who is this Son of Indra?" Bhoja exhibited his ignorance without hiding his frustration.

The first golden statue of the thirty steps introduced to Bhoja the greatness of the Greatest Emperor Vikramathithan.

At dusk the idol finished speaking with the Bhoja. He returned to his chamber and thought about the glory of his predecessor spoken by the speaking statue.

The next morning he returned to the throne room early. There was silence when he marched on the first step. As he set his foot on the second, the respective statue came alive and questioned him if he was brave and wise to claim the throne of Vikramathithan. Confused, Bhoja stayed on the second step listening to the Apsara telling him the "Twenty Five Tales of Vethalam":

Upon the request of a Tantric (one who practised the science of cosmic principles), the King Vikramathithan, along with his second son Dharma Dhwaj set out to capture a vampire that lived in the countryside cemetery. He reaches the tree where a huge bat hung itself upside down from a branch. It opened its eye lids to reveal its blazing red eye clearly depicting its unhappiness towards the trespassers. After a brief battle, the Vikramathithan captured the human size bat and started pulling it towards the Tantric's observatory.

The King caught its neck and asked who it shall be. As soon words flew out of Vikramathithan's mouth, the vampire slipped through his fingers and flew back to the tree where it hung itself over the same branch. It took six attempts for Vikramathithan to understand the cycle he and the vampire engaged with - Battle; Capture; Speak; Fly.

For the seventh time, Vikramathithan pulled the vampire over the hard ground of the cemetery, but this once he did not verbally engage with Vethalam, the huge bleeding bat.

Vethalam started to plead to the king. It cried out of pain in old age. It urged him to leave it in the graveyard. Vikramathithan neither withered nor showed mercy to the vampire. He kept on dragging it to reach the path leading to destination. Finally, Vethalam surrendered itself to the King and accepted to accompany Vikramathithan to the Tantric's observatory. Vethalam asked the King a favour, a request he could not reject as the king. It wanted him to carry it on his back as it was too tired to match the strides of the Vikramathithan.

The night journey turned tedious. Vethalam suggested a way to reduce the travel stress. It proposed to narrate a story to the King. Taking the silence of Vikramathithan as affirmation, the vampire narrated its first tale in which a man deceived a woman.

An intriguing story enveloped the King through an effective narration by Vethalam. Dharma Dhwaj could easily visualise what he heard, as the vampire fabulously described the events that occurred within the story world. The tale talked about a King, his son, their journey around a cemetery, a pretty lady and her lover.

As soon as the Vampire arrived at the end of its narration, it asked Vikramathithan, taking much care to use words that could provoke the King to speak up, "Now, Raja Vikram! You have not spoken much; doubtless you are engrossed by the interest of a story wherein a man beats a woman. But I warn you that you will assuredly fall into hell if you do not make up your mind upon and explain this matter. Who was the most to blame amongst these four - The lover, the lover's friend, the girl, or the father?"

The King took time, but replied despite himself, "The King is at fault."

The vampire asked him to explain himself, "In what way was he at fault?"

Very much satisfied with the reply, Vethalam said, "I never yet heard a King so readily condemn a King."

Vethalam giggled and announced, "I now return to my tree."

Vikram stood for a moment, fixed to the spot with blank dismay. He retraced his steps, followed by Dharma Dhwaj, and engaged in a brief battle with the vampire. Throwing wounded Vethalam on his shoulders, he again set out upon his way.

Soon afterwards a voice sounded behind his back, and began to tell another story.

Every time Vethalam completed its story and tricked the King to speak up by throwing intellectual questions that threw the King into the pit of guilt; and each time the King answered according to his virtue, Vethalam returned to its tree.

The King fell silent when the vampire asked him the solution at the end of its twenty fourth tale. The question puzzled the King. Vethalam held his peace for a few minutes by coughing twice impatiently. It turned and asked Dharma Dhwaj, but he stood dumb folded as his father without knowing the answer for the puzzle either.

Vethalam announced, "I will not stop to enquire whether it was humility and self-restraint which prevented your answering my last question but I will not look too narrowly into cause or motive just as your condescension in at last taking a Vampire’s advice."

Thus, Vethalam told its own tale as the twenty-fifth story. The final revelations made by Vethalam, saved the King and the Prince from deceit in the near future. The misrepresented truth by the Tantric was flashed on the King's face that made him open his eyes.

The second speaking statue stopped talking after finishing the twenty five tales of the Vampire. King Bhoja, reluctant to move upwards, stepped down from the stairs and returned to his chamber. For the next thirty days, he patiently listened to the Tales of The Throne narrated to him by the Apsaras while he advanced step by step. As and when he listened to the Adventures of Vikramathithan, his admiration grew towards him. He started to doubt his own bravery and wisdom.

Bhoja finally reached the Golden Throne ...

End of Part One of Three

mappi
31st July 2017, 08:31 PM
Vethalam Vikramathithan (Vikram and the Vampire)

"Vile wretch, know me to be Vikram the Great, Raja of Ujjayani, and I bear thee to a man who is amusing himself by drumming to devils on a skull" - (Vikram to the Vampire)

Introduction

Colours of Darkness

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/502519VV02.jpg

Baital Pachisi (Twenty five tales of the Vampire) is a facetious fictitious literature. It is a part of Singhasan Battisi (Original Title: Simhasana Dvatrimsika) which is a collection of our folk tales that includes:

1/ Vikramaditya Simhasana Dvatrimsika - Thirty Two tales of the Throne.

2/ Dvatrimsat Puttalika - Thirty two tales of Apsaras.

2.1/ Vetala Panchavimshati - The Twenty Five Tales of the Vampire - narrated by the second statue on the steps to the throne.

3/ Vikrama Charita - Adventures of Vikram - collection of side quests taken by Vikramathithan inside the main tales narrated by the Apsaras.

The collections of stories in Vetala Panchavimshati are not for kids, as expressed by many. They are dark and gritty tales with overdose of black magic and ruse. The tales are often erotic in nature with a licentious themes sprinkled with gore, horror and violence. The entire setup of these stories is gloomy. It happens around a cemetery involving death as the major conceptualization. For that, the lead story for these series of stories is the Birth of Vikramathithan, a horrible event expressed in detail, the only solace being Indra adopting the orphaned infant. But the comical narration in Baital Pachisi and its dramatic representation of fantastic and the realistic events brings a mirthful laughter.

Simplified and popularised as "kid’s bedtime stories", people often tend to think that Singhasan Battisi is for infants. Adding to this account is the awesome 1985 television episodes Vikram aur Betaal, a DD Classic directed by Prem Sagar starring Arun Govil as King Vikramaditya and Sajjan as Betaal, based on Panchavimshati.

Overthrowing the consideration of simplified versions as originals (one finds only what one looks for), the major error made is with the number of stories the vampire narrated to Vikram. As the title reveals - twenty five tales of the vampire - there are strictly twenty five tales only, the twenty fifth being the Confession of Vethalam. It’s not twenty five fictional ones, plus, one more as the life story of Vethalam, which makes twenty six stories altogether.

The whole interpretation of Vikram's head shattering into a thousand pieces, if he does not answer the questions of the vampire when he knows the solution, is a hoax.
Vethalam slips through his fingers whenever Vikramathithan spoke with it:

"Remember the old saying, mighty Vikram!" said the Baital, with a sneer, "that many a tongue has cut many a throat. Whenever thou answerest me, either compelled by Fate or entrapped by my cunning into so doing, or thereby gratifying thy vanity and conceit, I leave thee and return to my favourite place and position in the siras-tree, but when thou shalt remain silent, confused, and at a loss to reply, either through humility or thereby confessing thine ignorance, and impotence, and want of comprehension, then will I allow thee, of mine own free will, to place me before thine employer. Perhaps I should not say so; it may sound like bribing thee, but -take my counsel, and mortify thy pride, and assumption, and arrogance, and haughtiness, as soon as possible. So shalt thou derive from me a benefit which none but myself can bestow."

The way Vethalam coins its words and expresses them inside the sentences is the cleverness of the tale. Its interesting narrative style imprisons the King by intellectually chaining him. The only way to liberate is through an answer to the puzzle, thus, the vampire returns to the tree. Read again the above citation to see how cunningly Vethalam addresses Vikramathithan – carefully constructing the choice of words, mostly those which afflict insult, using them mainly to provoke the ego of the King, at the same time providing a proposition that allows Vethalam to be superior to the Vikramathithan. These aspects push Vikramathithan to reply to Vethalam.

The legend is more than just capturing a vampire. It’s about how a wise king becomes wiser, his wisdom sharpened by a vampire. If Vethalam had told the 25th story as the first one, the King would not have believed it. So, the vampire took its times cornering the King and making him dumb folded exatcly when Vethalam finds the King fit to follow and accept what the vampire has to say. Watering that guilt of not finding the solution to the puzzle, the vampire confesses, the confession that the King could relate to the twenty four stories told earlier by the vampire. The King realises that Vethalam had brilliantly broken the truth into 25 pieces, for him to put them all back into one bright revelation.

Vethalam's life story is as interesting as the others tales it told to Vikramathithan. With all the deaths shadowing the stories, Vethalam is at guilt of a crime that he never committed, a similar position where Vikramathithan is unknowingly involved in a crime that he is yet to be aware of his own participation. Vethalam had to lose one of its beloved due to its ignorance, and through its stories it helps Vikramathithan to identify the real threat waiting to turn fatal. His realisation helped him save not only himself, but the whole humanity from the clutches of a sorcerer. Together they stopped the Dark Age from rising. The brilliance of Vethalam and the valliance of Vikramathithan helped to rescue themselves (as well as Dharma Dhwaj, a metaphor for the future; Vethalam and Vikram are past and present respectively) from doom.

Vikrama Charita walks through the braveness of the legendry emperor. He meets another being that is smarter than him - Vethalam. The stories of the vampire make a force entry and crawl all over his brain, at the same time stuffing his mind with emotions that he had never experienced. The intelligence of the story lies in its wise structure.

Frame Narrative: Without the knowledge of Vikramathithan, Vethalam involves him in the stories he tells to him, permitting the King to gather several perspectives to character behaviours. Finally, it projects the three main characters which were actually present throughout the disjointed narration itself. By this, it does not force the King to believe, but allows him to construct a logical ending to all fantasy tales he heard and empower him to face reality.

Baital Pachisi is the seed that later grew into the One Thousand and One Nights. The exact date of origin of these Indian Folk Tales is still unknown. The earliest registration is found in the eleventh century literary work called Kathasaritsagara (Ocean of the Streams of Stories) written by Somadeva. It is an account or retold versions of tales that originated from India before the development of the collection work. It is an adaptation of another lost work named Brihatkatha (The Great Narrative).

End of Part Two of Three

mappi
1st August 2017, 04:45 PM
Vikram Vedha [2017 : Tamil : 2h30 : Crime [Mystry, Suspense, Gangster, Drama]

Written and Directed by Gayathri-Pushkar

Starring: Shraddha Srinath, Varalaxmi Sarathkumar , Madavan, Vijay Sethupathi, Kathir, Vivek Prasanna, Rajkumar, Gangsters and Policemen.

Dark is not Evil

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/859338VV07.jpg

"What is a nightmare?" Vikram wondered loudly, "And what is a worst nightmare?"

Vikram felt a warm breath hitting his neck. He listened to the evil laugh, and then, to the whisper beside his left ear, "Allow me to tell you a story", wounded Vedha announced.

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/759393VV15.jpg

"There was a wolf, brimming with pride when it pulled the prey to its pack. All night long it treasured the praising howls of the pack."

The Nightmare

Vikram enjoyed what he does. He's got the official badge to clean the street free from criminals, as well as, he pops them cold blooded along with a special unit assisting him. He sleeps well during the night, until one day, the legendary Vedha disturbs his sleep creeping as a nightmare. None have seen Vedha, but the myth surrounding the villain states that he is Evil's dearest pet, a demon unleashed on earth, and for some reason he had gone underground, but for no reason he had surfaced again. Vedha surrenders to Vikram who wants to suck his blood dry with his pistol. System of words, called the codes, sets him free. Vedha slips between Vikram's fingers, while Vikram wishes to end his nightmare. Before slithering away, Vedha asks Vikram:

"How can you wake a wolf that is not sleeping, but walking with its eyes shut?"

The Worst Nightmare

While Vikram is finding it difficult to decode all the messages left behind for him by criminal Vedha, the law enforcement agent stumbles upon the biggest crime scene. He investigates the murder of his colleague who was shot point blank by a lady in an abandoned factory. Vikram could not make the connections - the association of the victim with the murderer; the murder weapon; what was his friend doing in an abandoned factory; who had he come to meet and the reason being...

Confused, Vikram reaches the dead officer’s house. The look on the faces of the family members - the wife and the sick kid - makes Vikram realise the worst nightmare.

"Is the wolf guarding the pack ? Or is it the pack needing the protection of the wolf?"

Vedha's life story, which floats on treacherous waters, rings inside Vikram. A gangster surrounded by a gang, but none can be trusted. Vedha deals with traitors and attains the throne of the underworld that is polished by back-stabbers. An incident urges him to meet Vikram and Vedha wants the meeting to be official. He surrenders himself to Vikram.

"The wolf, Vikram, can it survive without the pack? Or shall the pack let the wolf, their meat winner, to just walk away from them?"

Vikram realised that the worst nightmare is a nightmare within a nightmare. At the same time, the voice that he kept hearing at the back of his head rose higher above him. The burden that he carried on his back strangled him. While being choked, Vikram thought, "Is there a bigger nightmare than the worst nightmare".

Vedha climbed behind Vikram's neck, throttling him with the chains of the handcuff.

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/929260VV04.jpg

Vikram Vedha directed by Gayathri-Pushkar is a fantastic film. I found the film portraying the duality in an elegant manner. The director(s) have treated the dualism like mirror images. After Thalapathi (Mani Ratnam's 1992 Tamil Movie), Vikram Vedha has the most number of wonderful 2S (two shot) and reaction shots. Vikram and Vedha are often seen starring at each other, like looking into the mirror.

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/734904VV23.jpg

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/630220VV05.jpg

[The costumes and accesories play an important role in these two picture (and throughout the film - it operates the shift). White shirt and dark tops for Vikram and Vedha when they meet for the first time. Darker tops for both of them when they meet for the last time, plus, Vedha no more wears the dark sunglasses under which he had been seeing Vikram (the world); also the folded shirt cuffs over Vedha's arms have turned white].

When they are not together inside the same frame, their line of sight matches to the position of the opponent. Even when they are carrying an object, the subjects are positioned in such a way that they receiving the same reaction from the out focused opposite.

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/881463VV19.jpg

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/276275VV18.jpg

The director(s) also create a symmetrical alliance between the two principal characters - one side is the narration of the story about death and treason running parallel and on the other side are the visuals balancing the personality and trying to bridge Vikram and Vedha with similar objects: Vikram and Vedha are dressed with bandages to their wounds. The psychology of the characters is made to stimulate the thought process of two men rowing the same boat over the river of uncertainty.

Hats off Gayathri-Pushkar.

The film carries one of best anti-hero intro scene in Tamil Cinema. The shot is cliché - a low-angled one, but how the scene is constructed is just fabulous. Vedha is a legend in his own right. He has not only committed cruel crimes, but has done them in cruel ways. None have seen Vedha, as he has shifted underground. There, the heart starts to beating to the single thought in the mind, "Who is Vedha?" (a usual build-up too). Vikram and team prepare to hunt down Vedha following an informant's clue. While they arm themselves and discuss protocols, the soft breeze turns into short bursts of high speed wind. Dust float in the air as though the ground is shaken. Dry leave fly quickly, trying to escape from falling into the crack on the floor. Police dogs let out sharp short barks and announce the rise of the Demon from Underground. A heavy foot falls before the screen and a square shouldered man walks out from the audience (read 'Makkal Selvan') and moves forward on the screen towards the entrance of the building.

Everything in that scene is perfect - the sounds that they included, the back ground score, the walking Vedha whom the camera (the audience) follow, the gloomy windy setup, and last but not least Gayathri-Pushkar's excellent translation of words onto the screen.

I like mirrors and reflections. It’s a complicated but a quick way to narrate minimum three stories (the subject, the image, their togetherness) inside a single frame. With few editorial technics, a logical series could be built making the scenes visually interesting without any dialogues. And then, there is the reference to the Eye (I think I could not have asked for more):

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/474085VV16.jpg

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/301314VV11.jpg
(can also be viewed as a garland)

contd ... (as restriction to add more than 10 pictures)

mappi
1st August 2017, 04:59 PM
Vikram Vedha (condt …)

And eyes play a vital role in the film - the watching eye (Vedha); the understanding eye (Vikram); and the eyes of revelation (Vikram Vedha).

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/865573VV14.jpg

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/935187VV12.jpg

Even the heroine characters crisply communicate with their eyes. They got a dark glossy eyes makeup.

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/460625VV21.jpg

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/368116VV22.jpg

I admired Shraddha Srinath in U-turn Kannada movie (2016). She was the only element in the film that made me reach the end credits. She is an actress well equipped with taunting features. I am glad that her potentials (both physical and acting) were aptly used by the directors, rather than making her laugh under the influence of nitrous oxide.

The Adaptation

Couple of the above pictures show Vedha directly behind Vikram. That's for a start.

Vedha tells tales to Vikram, as well as, to others too - I liked the Snake Story, funny but a provocative one and the Box story which was hilariously enacted by Vijay Sethupathi. So, there is the fun part in the tales too. Each time Vikram meets Vedha, he is unable to kill him, as Vedha cunningly diverts Vikram from the task of shooting him. He produces a fresh tale like a magician pulling a hare out of his hat, making Vikram wondering about the existence of truth. Many have a problem in understanding this aspect - Why didn't Vikram just shoot down Vedha - End of Story. And here is where they lack the knowledge about the original work "Baital Pachisi". (And that’s the reason I have given details under Preface and Introduction to make it a bit easier for me to talk about the film).

All the major elements right from surrendering to disclosure of details, Vikram Vedha respects Vethalam Vikramathithan. Where the film takes a diversion is while picking up a non-linear narrative rather than a frame narrative. The film is a bundle of flash backs, which are not distinct elements in the story. This aspect makes Vikram Vedha a normal fare compared to the narrative of the folk tale; where the clues are thrown at us at random intervals creating a mid-film twist more than once. Even though projected to be neat, the narration gets clumsier as the movie advances.

Most of the characters in Baital Pachisi have a greater importance to the whole narrative. In Vikram Vedha, the characters look scripted and predictable. Awesome characters like Half-Boil look like a random and walking aimlessly inside the film even though he has got much to do in the story. The other character’s development with the principle ones is not dissected but is thrown with a weak motive like yet another back drop. Thus, the life stories of Vikram and Vedha run like wild rivers without having a bank to control their flow.

A very good attitude shown by the director(s) is taking the full advantage of cinematic liberties. There is this awesome scene (there are several though) where Vedha flies over the building while Vikram's men crawl around the same building looking for him. He jumps inside a ship container yard and then it rains. Similarly, the whole intro of Vedha is full of liberation in visual narration. Scenes change without any location match - suddenly the characters are talking inside a restaurant, and Vedha pulls out a gun. Such jumbled scenes produce a uniqueness to the produced work of art.

There seems to be a greater influence of the movie Seven (David Fincher's 1995 film). Vedha's surrender and the revelation part towards the climax (Seven Deadly Sins) share similarities with the film Seven.

Summary

Dark is not Evil. Sometime darkness reveals the truth buried within. Dark paths must be crossed to bring back Light.

Vikram Vedha is a film that left me wanting more, yet left me extremely satisfied. The film exhibits excellent performance from the group of artists, a spell bounding OST, sharp edits of keen visuals surrounded with reverberating sounds and a fabulous story that does not show two sides of a same coin, but the two faces on the same side, without preaching Goodness or pointing at Evilness. As a charming take on our fabulous folklore, the film extracts the core without tampering it and presents it inside intelligent and interesting visuals.

"Wake up Vikram. When you sleep, nightmare crawls", Vedha warned.

Finally, Vikram opened his eyes. But has his nightmare left him or has it just shifted from his back and standing in front of him showing its true face... (plays the theme music).

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/607997VV08.jpg
(This shot is marvelous and a perfect closure to the film. Notice the shift in their positions.)

Vikram Vedha - Sleeping & Walking

End of Part Three of Three

mappi
11th October 2017, 07:37 PM
Karuppan [2017 : Tamil : Drama : 2h20m]

Written & Directed by R. Panneerselvam

Banner : Sri Suriya movies

Starring : Tanya, Pasupathi, Vijay Sethupathi, Bobby Simha

The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow - A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin

http://www.stage3.in/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Karuppan-first-look.jpg

There are two major high points - social occasion & animal types - documented in the film Karuppan :

One, cattle in our society - A bull as a pride, in sports, provision of medical attention & the death ceremony carried out identic to funeral traditions of the specific region.

These social occasions are covered within the story and not used as a bonus point for the film post Marina Protest. Karuppan is the name of the protagonist as well as of the bull he domesticates. Even though not seen together often, they both share similar qualities. The young man roams around the village without any aim. He is a savage in the civilised society. Karuppan is tamed by his wife Anbuselvi. Their relationship - Karuppan and his bull as well as Anbu and the beast - is about disciplining and how difficult it is to cope up with the interconnections that adaptation invites.

http://img.nowrunning.com/content/movie/2017/karup-20314/Stills/Karuppan-movie-36.jpg

Two, registering the fawn coloured Chippiparai dog breed. This special sighthound breed of dog that originated from Madurai district in Tamil Nadu is a descendant of Kanni, an endangered dog breed also from Tamil Nadu. Their origins can be traced to Saluki, the Persian greyhound, the oldest dog breed on earth. Hope we all realise that every single specie is important and our primary duty is to safe gaurd them irrespective to their origins. Chippiparai dogs can be seen on screen during the introduction of Sharath Lohitashwa.

Karuppan sincerely brings out the fragrance of our land. Hats off Panneerselvam.

https://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/karuppan-movie-stills-vijay-sethupathi-tanya/vijay-sethupathi-tanya-karuppan-movie-stills-4a46871.jpg

Very few directors respect specific location and time while narrating the story. Karrupan starts with Jallikattu and ends during the Jallikattu of the following year. The story spans across an year detailing the events happening in Karuppan's life including 'devil-may-care' attitude, marriage, fatherhood, agriculture; before leading to a spectacular end to the story. The film also does not speak of revenge or any other rise and fall events. Firstly, Karuppan never falls to risen. He is just in the process of gradual adaptation. Karuppan-the film, shows how a young man shifts himself while taking up a duty thrusted by love.

http://img.nowrunning.com/content/movie/2017/karup-20314/Stills/Karuppan-movie-34.jpg

Reputed heroes, who are known for their attitude, display their distinctive quality through a conventional act. Rajini often talks about relationships. Kamal enlarges his perspectives in search of God. Ajith clarifies his views about friendship. Vijay Sethupathi often registers a single thought trying to distinguish between good and evil. He keeps on exploring the real purpose of their existence in his films. In several occasions, he asks through his films, what really is good? And what is that which is addressed as evil? The energetic mind of Karuppan asks him constantly 'What would good do if evil didn't exist'?

https://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/karuppan-movie-release-posters/karuppan-movie-release-posters-vijay-sethupathi-tanya-7113f39.jpg

Kathir assists Karuppan to find the answer. Kathir is like the ignored, yet the faithful shadow. Karuppan's life brightens up and the shadow Kathir glows darker just under his feet. Kathir does not leave the side of Karuppan, and operates silently from the corners where no one, including Karuppan, would look for the evil.

The tale is about how the devil twists the life of a beast.

http://img.nowrunning.com/content/movie/2017/karup-20314/Stills/Karuppan-movie-02.jpg

Kathir and the Mama character played by Thavasi are distant relatives to Parattai and Koothu from 16 Vaithinile. The film also contains a fabulous ode to the cult scene from Kamal starrer Satya.

https://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/karuppan-movie-stills-vijay-sethupathi-tanya/vijay-sethupathi-tanya-karuppan-movie-stills-413ac9a.jpg

Karuppan is a jumble of both 16 Vaithinile and Virumandi. It rolls out as the dusted film cans from the eighties. And I don't have any clue why directors make Bobby Simha talk out his mind. After Iraivi, Bobby decides to narrate his intentions (the revelation falls flat). Vijay Sethupathi seems to give adequate importance stunts. The action is performed cleverly, even though it closes in with Sasikumar/Samuthrakani film works (of course, minus the blood). The final dual is spectacular. Hats off Bobby Simha.

https://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/karuppan-movie-stills-vijay-sethupathi-tanya/vijay-sethupathi-tanya-karuppan-movie-stills-7707dd0.jpg

Karuppan - Rural Feast.

mappi
31st July 2018, 06:38 PM
Junga [2018 : Tamil : 2h40m : Genre - Sitcom]
Written & directed by Gokul

Starring : Saranya Ponvannan, Sayyeshaa, Madonna Sebastian, Delhi Ganesh, Suresh Chandra Menon, Radha Ravi, Motta Rajendran, Yogi Babu, Vinoth Munna & Vijay Sethupathi with Vijaya as 'Don Pati'.

Music, Cinematography, Editing : Siddharth Vipin, Dudley, V. J. Sabu Joseph

Banner : Vijay Sethupathi Productions (with A & P Groups)

https://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/junga-movie-hd-images/hero-vijay-sethupathi-in-junga-movie-hd-images.jpg

Airoppaa Kaanadha Hero Ivan
Ivanukku Eedu Evan
Eiffel Tower-A Osandhuttaan
Vellakkaran Asandhuttaan

Dariyalil Darr Aagum Parris

Junga is a frugal. He becomes thrifty after learning how his antecedents had lavishly spent their gross that paid way to lose an important family monument - Cinema Paradise, a vintage movie hall, which now stands abandoned. Junga vows to get back his family's architectural treasure from its current owner Chettiar. Going by the saying of Ernst Mach "Physics is experience arranged in economical order", Junga applies it in his own way by calculating his income and converting every paise into savings. He even goes to an extent of seeing any and every business opportunity while carrying out his operation as a 'Deadly Don' of Parrys, a neighbourhood in Chennai city (also known as George Town). When Chettiar plans to sell Cinema Paradise to a multinational multiplex company, Junga approaches him with all his savings, but Chettiar insults him and throws him out of his palace. Junga challenges Chettiar that he will get the ownership of Cinema Paradise that to in a way where Chettiar himself will come forward and offer it to him. Thus, the journey of Junga begins - From Parrys to Paris.

There are two kinds of beauty - one is birth and which withers as a flower. Gokul sketches the character of Junga in such a manner that he brings in the duality without putting much stress to understand. Junga readily spends 15k on his friend's bike, later he offers him a piece of 'croissant', a pastry named for its crescent shape, to quench his hunger - A typical man satisfied in his routine life that includes a romantic affair, withers himself into someone else. The change is so violent that Junga even rejects his excitement and mystery associated with love, but pursues possession of wealth.

Vijay Sethupathi as Junga, has fluently brought out both these character traits on screen - walking tall as a generous man in traditional wear, and hunch backed as 'Stingy Uncle Scrooge' inside lavishing cosumes. Hats off to both Gokul and Vijay Sethupathi for constructing and performing such unique and rare character. Every detail of Vijay Sethupathi’s attire has been worked out, right from his moustache, the style that is somewhere between his ancestor’s attire.

Gokul's idea - Parrys to Paris - is extremely funny. An half of the movie happens in Chennai city, while the latter presents itself in Paris. Gokul sustains the comical element in both the chapters, at the same time provides variety in both. Junga stocking the 'croissant' inside a plastic carry bag or tucking them inside his coat pocket causes laughter. Gokul fabulously uses sitcom (situational comedy) where the behaviours and attitude of the lead characters change according to the set of circumstances. There are four such chatacters - Junga, his friend YoYo, his mother and his grandmother – whose lives gets dependant on the action of the other.

While Junga has a week-end to digest the 'Kidnapping Episode', his friend YoYo does not show panic but could not take anymore of 'Junga's Economics' as his priority is to find a restaurant in Paris. On the other side (in Chennai), his mother has a rock rolling through her throat as she is aware of what she is covering for her son. Junga’s grandmother goes all guns blazing at Chettiar and his henchmen.

Gokul twists the outcome of the event and turns it around his characters to make them overcome what they experienced initially, notably; YoYo at the police station and when the grandma comes face to face with truth. The senior actress Vijaya (she acts as the Pati of Karthi in Kashmora), acts as 'Don Pati', is a scream. Vijaya is funny right from the start of the film, tickling everyone with her awesome one liners and attitude.

Gokul lights all these capers on screen effortlessly, of course, with an immense contribution from the four main artists. Hats to them all.

Paris is a wonder. All its places (indoor/outdoor) explored inside the film are attractive and splendidly captured. The fight sequence on the twin spiral staircase at the Château de Chambord (Chambord Castle in Loire Valley, France), is superb. The Château was built during the renaissance and The Helix staircase was designed by Lenardo de Vinci. The speciality of the twin staircase (where the brawl happens in the film) is that the two spirals are separate structures but give the observers the impression of being a single structure. Two visitors climbing the two stairs that seems to be intertwined could reach the next floor without crossing paths with each other, but they may take glimpse at one another through the slits carved into the inner side of the staircase. The architecture is a wonder, just like many wonders in wonderful France.

Thanks to Vijay Sethupathi & team for capturing historical monuments in Junga - Opera de Paris, Pont Alexandre III, Arc de Triomphe, Pyramide du Louvre, Place de la Concorde, etc., and of course my charming & glittering Lady Love 'La Tour Eiffel'.

Talking about stunts in Junga, as usual, the stuntmen have done a lethal job of full body crashing, skidding, bouncing and rolling just like in any other Vijay Sethupathi (action) movie. The 'Bus-Depot' fight sequence along with an apt song is an assert - Raiganai Rasikum Thalaiva - playing in the back ground while Vijay Sethupathi walks towards the crowd of audiences for every catchy lines uttered in the character elevation song. There is an umbrella fight at the courtyard oozing with lot of style and attitude. Hats off to Siddharth Vipin, whose original music score plays as the canvas to colourful pictures of Paris as well as showering thrills during action blocks. His loudness, coupled with Vijay Sethupathi's pitch during dialogue deliveries has created wonders to the output. Junga OST has currently occupied my playlist and it’s there to stay for a while.

I fell that after Rajini and Ajith, Vijay Sethupathi carries himself elegantly portraying original screen acting. He has got his own style tool that he uses to chisel himself while jumping from one film to another. These three are the few people who don't dig for gold, but turn whatever they possess to gold; maybe that's what is referred as charisma. Vijay Sethupathi's aura reflects bright inside the dark room. I see a lot of Rajini in Vijay Sethupathi, like how Rajini marked his presence, yet Vijay Sethupathi is completely a different kind. He is an asset who keeps on knocking the cinema hall doors with multiple releases each year, each movie entirely different from the other. Even though Rajini intros are exploited beyond my imagination, it’s Vijay Sethupathi and Ajith who have sketched a unique path for themselves, where they have made up a special intro in their movies. As Ajith's head appears first on screen in reference to how his fans address him, 'Makkal Selvan' Vijay Sethupathi approaches the screen from the audience POV. His intro in Junga is his dancing hands set as though some one seated in front row from the screen is stretching their arms. And a spl mention to Vijay Sethupathi's awesome dance moves.

There is a joke in Asal with Yugi Sethu where they try to locate an address in Paris. There are plenty of such jokes in Junga. Yogi Babu, playing YoYo, turns away from Junga to walk into a restaurant. He returns quickly and says "That's a church and not a restaurant". Or be it the jokes on shopping - the telephone conversation between Junga and his mother after the purchase of costumes and hotel reservation is hilarious. The language-related jokes - YoYo ordering Chinese food / Madonna's 'Telugu-Tamil' are funny. There are a few humorous imitations thrown inside the film that mostly expresses a pop-culture rather than turning into mockery. The songs and lyrics are funny too, esp. 'Lolikiriya' song sequence (Jone Jone Yenna Jone ... LoL) in Paris. The other two songs 'Rise of Don' and 'Parrys to Paris' have hilarious montages.

Junga is not an invented name like Padayappa. Other than being a taluk in Shimla district of Himachal Pradesh, India, there are several people named as Junga and also, it’s given as a title at few references. A famous 'Junga' is Junga Bahadur of Nepal (1817 to 1877) who established the powerful Rana dynasty. He had visited France (and Britian) is 1850, the first ruler from Nepal to visit Europe. His real name is Bir Narsingh Kunwar and was addressed as Shree Teen Maharaja Sir Jung Bahadur Kunwar Ranaji. Mathabar Singh Thapa gave him the name Junga Bahadur, where 'Bahadur' is an honorific title that stands for 'a great man' and Junga polishes the name Bahadur to shine brighter. Junga stands for honest/determined/original/creative and refers as an able leader too. Junga relates to inheritance of courage and endurance to accomplish 'The Impossible Dream'.

When Itharku Thaane Aasaipattai Balakumara' released five years back, the film was not warmly welcomed, except by a few. Then it slowly got the needed attention and enjoys 'cult' status now. Another film by Arumuga Kumar 'Oru Nalla Naal Paathu Solren' was stoned down, just because it explored a genre alien to Tamil Cinema. Humour has several sub-genres, and one such is called "Deadpan Comedy", where not much of emotions are thrown into the jokes, which gives the film a varied, yet unique style. "Restoration Comedy" is another type of comedy that was banned in the 18th century. It concentrates more on a personal view of character and conduct, mocking the restraints. 'Oru Nalla Naal Paathu Solren' includes both these sub-genres and twists various practices and rituals present in the society. The two song sequences (Yae Elumba Enni Enni & Lamba Lamba) are a type of entertainment called 'Vaudeville' - a mixture of 'Burlesque Comedy', song and dance. Rarely films like these are made and Gokul's Junga has come into the same radar scrutiny, which saddens me a bit - When Ignorance speaks, Intelligence goes on vacation!

Junga should be watched for its jokes (dialogues), a tiny flash back narration about Cinema Paradise (Lingaa & Ranga atrocities), all new characters on screen and for its excellent presentation of Lovey Paris.

Vadakke Ganga, Kizhakke Vanga, Annaikke Sonnaru Annan Junga.

https://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/junga-movie-photos/junga-movie-photos-vijay-sethupathi-sayesha-saigal-madonna-sebastian-0d9ac1b.jpg

Junga - Comedy Break