PDA

View Full Version : Dhanush, Sonam Kapoor in Ambikapathy ~ AR Rahman

NOV
3rd June 2013, 07:03 AM
http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-10/images/dhanush-in-ambikapathy-photos-pictures-stills.jpg

Dhanush’s Bollywood launch-pad, Raanjhanaa directed by Aanand L Rai will also release in Tamil. The dubbed version of the film has been titled Ambikapathy.

The trailer of Raanjhanaa which was released recently on the YouTube has garnered over 2.5 million visits, making it one of the most awaited Bollywood flick in recent times.

The film stars Sonam Kapoor as Dhanush’s lady love. One of the songs composed by AR Rahman for the film, Tum Tak was also released recently. Both Raanjhanaa and its dubbed version, Ambikapathy will release on June 21st.

NOV
3rd June 2013, 07:05 AM
Vijay vs Dhanush: 'Ambikapathy' to Clash With 'Thalaivaa' at Box Office?

The upcoming films of two popular south film stars - Dhanush and Vijay - might clash at the box office.

Dhanush will have two films lined up for release in the first half of this year - "Mariyaan" in Tamil and "Raanjhnaa" in Hindi. The national-award winner will make his Bollywood debut with "Raanjhnaa" co-starring Sonam Kapoor. The film's first look poster, trailer and songs have already created a lot of hype among moviegoers.

Directed by Anand Rai of "Tanu Weds Manu" fame, "Raanjhanaa" is an intense love story set in the small town of Banares. The film's trailer which was released last month has received tremendous response, encouraging the makers to dub the film and release it simultaneously in Tamil. The dubbed version titled "Ambikapathy" will be released on 21 June this year. The dialogues for the Tamil part will be written by filmmaker John Mahendran.

Now that the release date of "Ambikapathy" is confirmed, there are speculations that the film might clash with actor Vijay's "Thalaivaa". Latest buzz is that the makers of "Thalaivaa" are planning to release the film on the eve of the Vijay's birthday (22 June). In that case, the film will clash with Dhanush's "Ambikapathy" at the box office. While "Ambikapathy" is a romance flick, "Thalaivaa" belongs to the political thriller genre.

When films of two popular stars clash at the box office, it is a big treat for their fans. However, big actors avoid releasing their films at the same time as it might result in huge loss of revenue. The release date of "Thalaivaa" has not been officially confirmed. It is yet to be seen if Vijay's political thriller will clash with Dhanush's romantic film. Even if they do so, this would not be the first time their flicks will release simultaneously.

Earlier in 2011, Dhanush's "Aadukalam" and Vijay's "Kaavalan" was out on theatres on the same day. Both the films did well at the box office. "Aadukalam" fetched six awards at the 58th National Film Awards, including best actor (Dhanush) and best director (Vetrimaran).

NOV
3rd June 2013, 07:08 AM
A.R.Rahman ‏@arrahman
Kavignar Vairamuthu has started penning the songs of Raanjhanaa in Tamil... It's amazing to collaborate with him again for Ambikapathi

RC
3rd June 2013, 07:35 AM
ungaLa innum konja naaLaikku kai-la pidikka mudiyaadhu... ensOy NOV!

NOV
3rd June 2013, 07:37 AM
ungaLa innum konja naaLaikku kai-la pidikka mudiyaadhu... ensOy NOV!why?
Danush? :think:

mappi
3rd June 2013, 02:34 PM
Vara title kidaikalaya ... Anyway we would have a deja-vu feeling while watching the dubbed version.
I sincerely wish Danush to make it big in the north during and after Raanjhanaa. I will watch the original version.

NOV
3rd June 2013, 04:19 PM
Coming soon kathavarayan :D

RC
4th June 2013, 06:54 AM
why?
Danush? :think:
kolaveRi-kku nInga pOtta kolaveRiattaam innum en kaNNu munnaadiyE nikkudhu, NOV! :p

NOV
4th June 2013, 07:06 AM
kolaveRi-kku nInga pOtta kolaveRiattaam innum en kaNNu munnaadiyE nikkudhu, NOV! :p :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

http://movies.infoonlinepages.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/dhanush_latest_stills_photo_gallery_071.jpg

Cinemarasigan
4th June 2013, 11:32 AM
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Nov, Edhukku itthana :Yes: ?

Even I don't like the name Ambikapathy... but the trailer is nice, suits Dhanush very well. Sonam kaboor is bit taller than him i think..

preethamm
4th June 2013, 01:03 PM
sonamkapoor is very very mokkiest piece ever in bollywood cleopatra range buildup

NOV
6th June 2013, 05:34 PM
Nikkil Murugan ‏@onlynikil now
Kavitha an young energetic dynamic daughter of the Actor Producer Arunpandian is in charge of Ambikapathy and releasing all over

Dhanush Sonam starring Raanjhnaa to be released as Ambikapathy in Tamil..by this month...John Mahendran supervises the dubbing

balaajee
7th June 2013, 11:46 AM
Paper ad

NOV
9th June 2013, 06:55 AM
Trailer in Tamil....!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-pnPDzfSfGw

nickraman
10th June 2013, 02:16 AM
sonamkapoor is very very mokkiest piece ever in bollywood cleopatra range buildup

Appo Hansika?

mappi
10th June 2013, 03:02 AM
Trailer in Tamil....!

There is something about the dubbing that does not go well with me. Danush seems to have recited whats on the papers. And Sanjay Dutt = Thalaiva, seriously ! Hours of personality mgmt sessions with his father-in-law has too much influence on his "crooked-mouthed" dialogue delivery ... LoL.

NOV
10th June 2013, 06:31 AM
Raanjhanaa Songs
[As there is no thread for the Hindi version, I am writing it here]actually there is.... (in AR Rahman forum)

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?10057-Raanjhnaa-Dhanush-amp-Sonam-Anand-L-Rai&p=1050859#post1050859

I will move your post to that thread :)

balaajee
10th June 2013, 01:11 PM
Happy Birthday Sonam Kapoor

Born on June 9, 1985, Sonam Kapoor is known more for her chic fashion style, rather than her great acting skills. But no one can deny that the babe over the years has evolved both personally and professionally. After working as an assistant director in Black, she made her acting debut opposite Ranbir Kapoor in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Saawariya.
Though her next few films like Mausam, Aisha, Players, and so on failed to do well at the box office, with projects like Raanjhanaa and Bhaag Milkha Bhaag up for release, 2013 surely seems to be a turnaround year for this gal. That’s what her stars say as well. “Her next film Raanjhanaa which is just on the verge of release will not only be successful, but her performance will also come in for much praise from all quarters. After that in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag too, her contribution will be equally appreciated,” says astro numerologist Bhavikk Sangghvi.
And adds, “Sonam will now be entering her 29th year which indicates that the best phase of her life is about to begin – both on the personal as well as the professional front.”
24by7news.com wish the Kapoor babe a very happy birthday and a great year ahead!

mappi
11th June 2013, 03:49 PM
actually there is.... (in AR Rahman forum)

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?10057-Raanjhnaa-Dhanush-amp-Sonam-Anand-L-Rai&p=1050859#post1050859

I will move your post to that thread :)

Oh! was not aware of it. Thanks Nov.

balaajee
11th June 2013, 03:50 PM
Wanted to celebrate pain and love with 'Raanjhanaa': Director (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Wanted-to-celebrate-pain-and-love-with-Raanjhanaa-Director/articleshow/20537244.cms)- Times of India

A.ANAND
11th June 2013, 04:05 PM
tamil version-la ella songs-kkum vairamuthu lyricka??!! 'kilinjathu lunngi!'tamil-laye sila songs-kku dictonary vechuthan aartham thedanum.ithu hindi vera'ya?
dubbing-a, asal tamil songs-sa irukkae irukaar namma thalaivar 'vaaliba kaviyar vaali thambi'!!

SoftSword
11th June 2013, 04:25 PM
penning words for these tunes in tamil is a nightmare...
also to capture the same emotions as the hindi words does with the tune and the feel...
think it went to the right person and if only he can do as good as dilse-uyire, its gonna be a dream album...

Brianengab
11th June 2013, 05:23 PM
until nw, 2 albums doesnt giv the feel of dubbing...

Idhayathai thirudaathe nd Uyire... (my opinion only)...

Other dubbing albums wil easily be found its distraction..

Avadi to America
11th June 2013, 06:15 PM
penning words for these tunes in tamil is a nightmare...
also to capture the same emotions as the hindi words does with the tune and the feel...
think it went to the right person and if only he can do as good as dilse-uyire, its gonna be a dream album...

ennaku therinja varaikum.... Uyire paattu ellam mothalla thamizhla ezhuthunanga... appuram hindi...

SoftSword
11th June 2013, 06:45 PM
ennaku therinja varaikum.... Uyire paattu ellam mothalla thamizhla ezhuthunanga... appuram hindi...

are u sure??

ajaybaskar
11th June 2013, 07:45 PM
I doubt that. There will be no lip sync in Uyire. It should be Hindi first

Roshan
11th June 2013, 08:06 PM
Hindi first IIRC..

Even in Guru the song 'aaruyirae mannippaaya' does not sound a dubbing song at all. Beautiful and meaningful lyrics that go exactly with the situation ! Even in Thaal VM did a very good job.

ecureuhapis
11th June 2013, 09:37 PM
until nw, 2 albums doesnt giv the feel of dubbing...

Idhayathai thirudaathe nd Uyire... (my opinion only)...

Other dubbing albums wil easily be found its distraction..

Salangai Oli had good lyrics.

SoftSword
12th June 2013, 04:18 AM
aaru yiraemanni payamanni payasolla di en sagiyae... - does not sound dubbing huh?? #epicfail

but yeah, taal was good...

venkkiram
12th June 2013, 06:33 AM
I think Alavanthaan was the first project where Hindi lyrics was written after Tamil. Vairamuthu mentioned it on how Javed Akhtar praised the richness of Tamil from the song "kadavuL paathi"

Roshan
12th June 2013, 02:17 PM
aaru yiraemanni payamanni payasolla di en sagiyae... - does not sound dubbing huh?? #epicfail

It never sounds like that. And what's there in the first line is nothing new even in original Tamil songs.. and the lyrics in charanam are soooo good and goes very well with the tune.

Mahen
12th June 2013, 06:15 PM
Uyire specifically the aruyire song was done in tamil first..gulzar then used it as a reference..ithu confirm..read it somewhere..A2A is correct :)

Mahen
12th June 2013, 06:23 PM
jodi lyrics :thumbsup:

balaajee
13th June 2013, 01:26 PM
I don't use glycerine to cry for a scene: Sonam Kapoor (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/I-dont-use-glycerine-to-cry-for-a-scene-Sonam-Kapoor/articleshow/20569449.cms)- Times of India

mexicomeat
13th June 2013, 02:40 PM
I don't use glycerine to cry for a scene: Sonam Kapoor (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/I-dont-use-glycerine-to-cry-for-a-scene-Sonam-Kapoor/articleshow/20569449.cms)- Times of India

rendu large pottu azhuvangala?

SoftSword
13th June 2013, 03:21 PM
It never sounds like that. And what's there in the first line is nothing new even in original Tamil songs.. and the lyrics in charanam are soooo good and goes very well with the tune.

u dont hear it if you dont want to hear it..

Roshan
13th June 2013, 07:34 PM
u dont hear it if you dont want to hear it..

Applies either way..

venkkiram
13th June 2013, 08:52 PM
Applies either way.. :) ...

balaajee
14th June 2013, 03:35 PM
Rahman infuses spirituality in 'Raanjhanaa' music: Sonam Kapoor (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/news-and-interviews/Rahman-infuses-spirituality-in-Raanjhanaa-music-Sonam-Kapoor/articleshow/20587225.cms)- Times of India

SoftSword
14th June 2013, 03:56 PM
Applies either way..

agree... thats why i didn highlight that song as a bad example though i found it imperfect...
but you highlight it as a good example, invoked that point.

rsubras
14th June 2013, 07:09 PM
unnodu naan konda sondham, mannodu mazhai konda bantham, kaainthaalum adi eeram minjum, minjum minjum pennae pennae....... - oru soru for Vairamuthu's brilliance for A.R.Rahman's dubbed songs

anyway who wrote lyrics for Oonjal (dholi saja ke rakhna), is it Vairamuthu? not sure..anyway Vanna Poongavai pol (jodi) was way better than anna un tholil sainthaada (oonjal)

SoftSword
14th June 2013, 08:42 PM
unnodu naan konda sondham, mannodu mazhai konda bantham, kaainthaalum adi eeram minjum, minjum minjum pennae pennae....... - oru soru for Vairamuthu's brilliance for A.R.Rahman's dubbed songs

anyway who wrote lyrics for Oonjal (dholi saja ke rakhna), is it Vairamuthu? not sure..anyway Vanna Poongavai pol (jodi) was way better than anna un tholil sainthaada (oonjal)

thats why we want it to be like uyirae...
thats an exception...

venkkiram
14th June 2013, 09:49 PM
unnodu naan konda sondham, mannodu mazhai konda bantham, kaainthaalum adi eeram minjum, minjum minjum pennae pennae....... - oru soru for Vairamuthu's brilliance for A.R.Rahman's dubbed songs Oh man! You completely reflecting my view point.. exactly the same lines from uyire I thought of quoting here but forgot..

Roshan
14th June 2013, 10:20 PM
agree... thats why i didn highlight that song as a bad example though i found it imperfect...
but you highlight it as a good example, invoked that point.

That song is in my daily play list and of all people I will be one of the first not to entertain a song if the lyrics did not sound good, leave alone bad.

balaajee
17th June 2013, 10:36 AM
Sonam translating Hindi questions for Dhanush (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Sonam-translating-Hindi-questions-for-Dhanush/articleshow/20616536.cms) - Times of India

SoftSword
17th June 2013, 02:43 PM
That song is in my daily play list and of all people I will be one of the first not to entertain a song if the lyrics did not sound good, leave alone bad.

Ofcourse, my fav in the album as well...
masterpiece of a song... brilliant charanams... adhula bedhamae illa...

balaajee
17th June 2013, 06:44 PM
'Raanjhanaa' new stills: Sonam Kapoor-Dhanush starrer about life, love and pain (http://ibnlive.in.com/photogallery/13739.html) - IBNLive

Mahen
18th June 2013, 06:33 PM
ambikapathy launch..sonam..i lou u..

Cinemarasigan
18th June 2013, 06:48 PM

appo Thammu-voda vazhkkai ??

Mahen
18th June 2013, 07:42 PM
tammu first lou :)

PARAMASHIVAN
18th June 2013, 09:31 PM
appo Thammu-voda vazhkkai ??

:lol:

balaajee
19th June 2013, 03:21 PM
I was always the first choice for 'Raanjhanaa', says Sonam Kapoor (http://ibnlive.in.com/news/i-was-always-the-first-choice-for-raanjhanaa-says-sonam-kapoor/400020-8-66.html)- IBNLive

SoftSword
19th June 2013, 03:45 PM

she looks bad :|

balaajee
19th June 2013, 04:56 PM
she looks bad :|

Need to look via MAHEN's eye......

NOV
19th June 2013, 06:54 PM
Malayala release

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/q71/1006136_620864671258002_823735242_n.jpg

Mahen
20th June 2013, 05:11 PM
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/moviemicro/criticreview/id/549839

Dhanush, who makes his Hindi film debut with RAANJHANAA, is simply outstanding. To state that he's the mainstay of the film would be most appropriate. You take back his innocence, his dedication for his beloved, his emotions as you exit the auditorium. Here's a performance that deserves an ovation! The actor in Sonam was waiting for a role that would make the spectator sit up and notice it and the one in RAANJHANAA gives her that opportunity. The headstrong and emotional persona comes across so well in this film

Brianengab
21st June 2013, 12:00 AM
Sreedhar Pillai ‏@sri50 9h
#Ambikapathy, Tamil dubbing of #Raanjhanaa gets UA certificate. Release confirmed on June 28 through Abirami Mega Mall.

balaajee
21st June 2013, 11:57 AM
Film review: Raanjhanaa, a love story with a surprising twist (http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/1850995/report-film-review-raanjhanaa-a-love-story-with-a-surprising-twist)- Daily News & Analysis

balaajee
21st June 2013, 11:59 AM
Shy Dhanush dances on the sets of 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6'
http://ibnlive.in.com/photogallery/13761.html

balaajee
21st June 2013, 01:46 PM
Why 'Raanjhanaa' director prefers to work with southern actors (http://ibnlive.in.com/news/why-raanjhanaa-director-prefers-to-work-with-southern-actors/400567-8-66.html) - IBNLive

balaajee
21st June 2013, 02:44 PM
Critics' review Raanjhanaa: watch it for performances, first half (http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Bollywood/Critics-review-Raanjhanaa-watch-it-for-performances-first-half/Article1-1080116.aspx)- Hindustan Times

balaajee
21st June 2013, 02:50 PM
Review of Raanjhanaa: Dhanush plays a perfect lover (http://www.indianexpress.com/news/review-of-raanjhanaa-dhanush-plays-a-perfect-lover/1132068/) - Indian Express

balaajee
21st June 2013, 04:05 PM
'Raanjhanaa' dialogues: Come fall in love, the Benarasi style (http://ibnlive.in.com/news/raanjhanaa-dialogues-come-fall-in-love-the-benarasi-style/400600-8-66.html) - IBNLive

NOV
21st June 2013, 05:27 PM
Shobha Warrier ‏@shobhawarrier now
Shocked to see the way many anonymous readers in various message boards ridiculing the looks of Dhanush, an extraordinarily talented actor.
Disdainfully, they describe his looks as that of a paan wala, auto driver, coolie, servant, etc.
These people are not only looking down upon those who do certain kind of work, but also belittling a person.
How can anyone slight him because he is dark and not 'hero-like'? Yes, Indians are the most racist race in the entire world.

NOV
21st June 2013, 06:18 PM
Singer Srinivas
Ranjhnaa.... Scintillating first half with AR in top form.. Second half is a little juvenile redeemed by a touching climax.. Dhanush is mind blowing.... A revelation.. A natural in the mould of a Mohanlal and a Naseeruddin Shah.. Easily the best actor in recent times... No artificiality at all.. The others like Abhay Deol could have been replaced by plywood. Or concrete. Abhay Deol is certainly in the wrong profession.. Sonam Kapoor is good in the first half but when the character gets intense she suffers from constipation.. Raanjnaa is a must watch for Dhanush and Rahman's songs ..

mappi
21st June 2013, 09:33 PM
Shobha Warrier ?@shobhawarrier now
Yes, Indians are the most racist race in the entire world.

I completely agree with all the lines, except this highlighted one. Isn't she doing the same, using the most belittled word on a " whole race" to support one individual who is "aggressed". I am not bothered which race she belongs to, but if she had mentioned "SOME" Indians, I would have completely ignored her "statement". I am involved now and am hurted more than Danush, as I am an Indian and I have responsibilties to chanalise people into right thoughts rather than easily condemning & slashing them with "words" of top-most degree. And there are many like me who are ready to work and are working towards shutting down the gaps between different realms (equality, caste, education, nursing etc.), some are here too (I dont know them personally, but thru there comments).

This line contridicts her defence that she had constructed in the begining. Yes its sad that "some" people can give a weird head, but I feel that she shouldn't have come down this hard. Those "some" are the "Kids with Keyboard". They will growup and learn, as "most" of us have (Rule N°1 : never forget your past). Taking their comments seriously and attacking a race, A WHOLE RACE, is not genuine. We all are individuals first (which comes as a package with certain responsibilites & respect) and all the other things are next. Clue 1 : start with respect and automatically the others will take it as their responsibility.

She is much worried about Danush and she being a women, leaves behind the endless degression of women, the latest one being, comparing the womanhood with Hitler. This is going limitless and the hope to end it is anywhere but near. Its actually the same sense for Danush critised disdainfully, we cannot do anything much, but be sitting ducks when our kids use words like "sexy, booty & bum" as though its in the authorised dictioanry of "day to day words". These are more scary and needs immediate "whatever" as it exeeds and threatens the race pushing it into the void. Clue 2 : Try to create an awarness and thought provoking speach like the lyrisit Thamarai, instead of alimenting the already harmony-destructive flame with the oil of hatred.

Hope Shoba Warrier will REMOVE this statement (and someone please remind this clueless philosopher that she is on internet (as in "World Wide" Web) and not adressing an audience-specific Therthal Precharam). If she is a fan of Danush, she has 1 million ready-made fanboy statements, a casual one being "He carried the movie on his shoulders" and let her stop there and not cross limits.

Sid_316
22nd June 2013, 12:31 AM
Singer Srinivas
Ranjhnaa.... Scintillating first half with AR in top form.. Second half is a little juvenile redeemed by a touching climax.. Dhanush is mind blowing.... A revelation.. A natural in the mould of a Mohanlal and a Naseeruddin Shah.. Easily the best actor in recent times... No artificiality at all.. The others like Abhay Deol could have been replaced by plywood. Or concrete. Abhay Deol is certainly in the wrong profession.. Sonam Kapoor is good in the first half but when the character gets intense she suffers from constipation.. Raanjnaa is a must watch for Dhanush and Rahman's songs ..

Ivan Dev-D lam paathu irukana munna pina raaskol. Liked the movie. Dhanush and Rahman :thumbsup:

balaajee
24th June 2013, 12:07 PM
Dhanush protects Sonam Kapoor from getting mobbed during 'Raanjhanaa' promotions

balaajee
24th June 2013, 12:24 PM
Dhanush, Sonam Kapoor's Raanjhanaa collects Rs 11 crore in opening weekend (http://www.indianexpress.com/news/dhanush-sonam-kapoor-s-raanjhanaa-collects-rs-11-crore-in-opening-weekend/1133068/)- Indian Express

Brianengab
24th June 2013, 12:47 PM
Dhanush, Sonam Kapoor's Raanjhanaa collects Rs 11 crore in opening weekend (http://www.indianexpress.com/news/dhanush-sonam-kapoor-s-raanjhanaa-collects-rs-11-crore-in-opening-weekend/1133068/)- Indian Express

11 cr is for 2 days...for weekend collection (3 days), it s 19.9 cr..
Excellent debut by dhanush than any other south indian actors.. :clap:

balaajee
24th June 2013, 02:09 PM
Dhanush, Sonam's Raanjhanaa collects Rs 21 crore over the weekend (http://www.indianexpress.com/news/dhanush-sonams-raanjhanaa-collects-rs-21-crore-over-the-weekend/1133068/)- Indian Express

Avadi to America
24th June 2013, 06:59 PM
it looks like the movie appealed single screen audience very well in interior india.... That's great news.....

nickraman
24th June 2013, 08:24 PM
Good love story and great acting by Dhanush and Sonam. Even Abhay Deol's presence made sense with the second half's turn of events.

I think even Gautham Menon can learn how do write a love story properly by seeing this. No unwanted english dialogues & stretched scenes.

Doubt this will work in Tamil because more in the second half/Benares scenario have that North touch. Better multiplexes in TN release it with english subs.

Avadi to America
24th June 2013, 10:48 PM
Twitterla dhanushoda pugazh kodi katti parakuthu.... intha time kodiya kattnathu northies....he deserves the accolades...

balaajee
25th June 2013, 02:31 PM
Amitabh Bachchan regrets not being in films like 'Raanjhanaa' (http://ibnlive.in.com/news/amitabh-bachchan-regrets-not-being-in-films-like-raanjhanaa/401570-8-66.html)- IBNLive

balaajee
25th June 2013, 05:19 PM
Why is Amitabh Bachchan jealous of Dhanush? (http://www.indianexpress.com/news/why-is-amitabh-bachchan-jealous-of-dhanush-/1133617/)- Indian Express

balaajee
25th June 2013, 05:22 PM
Dhanush's Raanjhanaa reaps gold at box-office

Dhanush's Bollywood debut 'Raanjhanaa', which also features Sonam Kapoor, has minted Rs.20.08 crore on its opening weekend in the country. The film, reportedly made at a budget of Rs.35 crore, released worldwide Friday.
"The total weekend collection of ' Raanjhanaa' in India is Rs.20.08 crore," said a statement from Eros International, the producers of the film.
The love story of a Hindu boy and a Muslim girl, 'Raanjhanaa' also features Swara Bhaskar, Abhay Deol and Mohammed Zeeshan Ayub in important role. The film is directed by Anand L Rai, and has music by A R Rahman.
The Tamil dubbed version of the film titled 'Ambikapathy' is scheduled to release in Tamil Nadu June 28 in more than 200 screens.

Brianengab
25th June 2013, 11:10 PM
http://tamilcinema24.com/photo-galleries/ambikapathy-movie-release-posters-01/images/ambikapathy-movie-release-posters-0101.jpg

NOV
26th June 2013, 07:09 AM
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/s720x720/1044615_479356042139160_797375869_n.jpg

joe
26th June 2013, 07:12 AM
Looks like thambi danush made north indians vaayai poLanthifying :)

Gopal.s
26th June 2013, 07:46 AM
தனுஷ் பற்றி துள்ளுவதோ இளமை படம் வந்த போதே , இந்த சின்ன பய extraordinary என்று தோன்றுகிறது. பிரமாதமா பொளப்பான் பாரு என்று சொல்லி(குடும்பத்தார் நண்பர்கள் நகைப்புக்கு ஆளாகியும்) 2002 முதல் தனுஷின் ரசிகனாக அவரை தொடர்ந்த எனக்கு வடக்கின் வரவேற்பு உச்ச கட்ட சந்தோசம். ஆனால் இன்றும் தனுஷின் ஸ்டார் performance என்று நான் கருதுவது காதல் கொண்டேன் ,புது பேட்டை இரண்டுமே.

NOV
26th June 2013, 09:08 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNp9OQdCYAASUay.jpg:large

balaajee
26th June 2013, 11:27 AM
'Raanjhanaa' earns 31.5 crore in the opening weekend (http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/news/raanjhanaa-earns-31.5-crore-in-the-opening-weekend/11987/)- Bollywood Mantra

cokepepsi
26th June 2013, 06:05 PM
will he reserve a place more than his father in law or shri.kamalhassan sir? we have to wait and watch.

HonestRaj
26th June 2013, 08:48 PM
twitter'la messages... siva karthikeyan, vasuki bhaskar, visaka singh.. yaar sir ivanga ellam :lol2:
famous persons yarume kidaikkalaiya

Avadi to America
26th June 2013, 09:26 PM
twitter'la messages... siva karthikeyan, vasuki bhaskar, visaka singh.. yaar sir ivanga ellam :lol2:
famous persons yarume kidaikkalaiya

Atha vidunga.... Amitab and anupam kher koda ivanga photos pottu....

Sunil_M88
27th June 2013, 06:30 AM
I'm yet to see Raanjhanaa but my Bangladeshi friend who is obsessed with SRK and oblivious to TFI/Rajini/KH called a while ago today and said he just witnessed a superstar in the making! :thumbsup:

balaajee
27th June 2013, 10:50 AM
Raanjhanaa steals hearts, wins over Box Office! (http://www.indianexpress.com/news/raanjhanaa-steals-hearts-wins-over-box-office-/1134184/) - Indian Express

Dilbert
27th June 2013, 10:50 AM
story was ok ! old wine with new twist.. But Daniel Craig :shock: stunning ! National awards.. Vada Pav Awards.. North keep all your other awards for this SentilMan !!

Prilliant thanush sir ! simply prilliant :notworthy:

I saw in Gindhi

Avadi to America
27th June 2013, 04:36 PM
story was ok ! old wine with new twist.. But Daniel Craig :shock: stunning ! National awards.. Vada Pav Awards.. North keep all your other awards for this SentilMan !!

Prilliant thanush sir ! simply prilliant :notworthy:

I saw in Gindhi

yov ippothaiku gindhila mattum thaan release aagi irruku....

PARAMASHIVAN
27th June 2013, 05:06 PM

I think Ampikapathy is releasing here http://www.cineworld.co.uk/ , has any one seen the tamil one?? I am not a fan of remakes/dubbed versions, but given all the positive reviews, i may give it a go ...

balaajee
27th June 2013, 05:34 PM
I think Ampikapathy is releasing here http://www.cineworld.co.uk/ , has any one seen the tamil one?? I am not a fan of remakes/dubbed versions, but given all the positive reviews, i may give it a go ...

Ampikapathy is releasing tommorrow.....

PARAMASHIVAN
27th June 2013, 05:43 PM
Ampikapathy is releasing tommorrow.....

yes , restricted no of shows and that too only late evening shows ..

Have you seen the tamil version ?

Dilbert
27th June 2013, 06:49 PM

I was just cautious A2A ya , some tamizzzh pulavargal (puli wall) might get offended I am quoting Gindhi movie ! Thats all ya !!

2nd half was a big letdown , even taanush was unbearable. Sonam kapoorji leading up the climax.. Kundunoooo Kundun kundnooo kundun -en kooveekittu ponangea...

climax / second half , it looked like as if he walked directly from mariyaan set , same makeup, same blood.. same foodu..

SoftSword
27th June 2013, 09:27 PM

thirumba thirumba pesara nee :rotfl:

HonestRaj
27th June 2013, 10:35 PM
paramu annE.. kovichukkadheenga..

balaajee
28th June 2013, 11:04 AM

Tamil version is releasing today 28th JUNE 2013....

balaajee
28th June 2013, 04:02 PM
How Raanjhanaa ghettoised a national award winning Dhanush (http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/how-raanjhanaa-ghettoised-a-national-award-winning-dhanush-913343.html?utm_source=hp-footer)- Firstpost

mareen
28th June 2013, 04:18 PM
The Arthur has written that with his backside.

venkkiram
28th June 2013, 06:21 PM
How Raanjhanaa ghettoised a national award winning Dhanush (http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/how-raanjhanaa-ghettoised-a-national-award-winning-dhanush-913343.html?utm_source=hp-footer)- Firstpost

bang on!

"The idea - that justified eve-teasing, stalking and troubling women - was gross, but appealed to the masses;

Completely agree ! "Stalking" in movies is a crime and this guy is good at repeating it in many films. Watched recently a TV interview where a movie critic questioned him on stalking in movies. This guy could not face that question. He literally sappakkattufied while responding.

Brianengab
28th June 2013, 07:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V6CeFcGmFAg

BM
29th June 2013, 09:02 PM
I felt it is good they changed the track in second half, as most of the drama happened in first half to an extent of testing our patience. After a particular scene i thought it is going to be interval but there comes a sequence with song. Felt they could have shifted that to post interval. Change of track post interval made me to refresh once again to follow the proceedings. For Dhanush, this is a cake walk role, watch out for dhanush the actor, when he hugs and talks to sonam at pre interval and receives sweater from sonam during pre climax. Climax and the way director presented it is very apt. Made me to walk away from hall with kind of heavy heart at the same time with satisfied feeling, weird. No wonder northies fell in love with kundan. I am very satisfied in spending my time with this movie. Need to mention about ARR? ; )

mareen
30th June 2013, 05:00 AM
I went today but walked out whilst 30 mins remaining coz i was really tired and it was a late show. Movie was ok and walk in the park role for Dhanush.

balaajee
1st July 2013, 12:04 PM
ZOYA is complex than JESSIE of VTV...

mareen
1st July 2013, 01:17 PM
Agree with this. Ponnugala purichukave mudiyathu lool

NOV
1st July 2013, 06:03 PM
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q71/s720x720/1044473_698888346794805_26530425_n.jpg

One day in the life of an average bollywood fan:

1) Gets offended if Amitabh Bachan jokes are made by non-hindi speakers but has no issue in mocking Rajnikanth and other south Indian actors.

2) Randomly trolls videos and posters of non-hindi movies and wonders aloud whether he/she looks like an hero/heroine.

3) When actor dhanush uses his own voice to speak in hindi, it is called imitation but when leading bollywood actresses use a voice-artist to speak for them, it is called dubbing.

4) When a dark-skinned south Indian actor uses make-up to appear brown on screen, it is labelled fake but the average bollywood fan has no problem in worshiping Mr. Shah Rukh Khan and Miss. Priyanka Chopra who appear in fairness cream ads.

5) Bollywood as an industry acts as a representative of Indian Cinema on the global stage but within India, if a popular south Indian or a talented bengali actor appears in a bollywood movie, it is seen as if he/she has risen from a lower platform to an higher platform, even though that actor holds an higher position in his/her state's film industry.

Regards,
A future movie-maker

Avadi to America
1st July 2013, 08:11 PM
NOV,

Avvanunga innum valarannum....

balaajee
2nd July 2013, 03:19 PM
Dhanush charms as the boy from Benaras (http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/dhanush-charms-as-the-boy-from-benaras/1/286250.html)- India Today

balaajee
2nd July 2013, 03:58 PM
I don't look good, so success is all God's grace: Dhanush on 'Raanjhanaa' (http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/95042.html)- IndiaGlitz

SoftSword
2nd July 2013, 05:03 PM
that is silly dhanush... u need to grow up to talk to media...

Mahen
2nd July 2013, 07:41 PM
agree..he talks like a kid..getting bored of his interviews..he tries to show i-am-down-to-earth

mappi
2nd July 2013, 11:19 PM
Both versions of the movie released @Gaumont today.
Hindi with French Subtitles ; Tamil no subtitles.

Daily 2 shows until 09/07 - 17h and 20h - versions interchanged each day respectively.

balaajee
3rd July 2013, 11:30 AM
Shobhaa De's opinion of Raanjhanaa is absurd and myopic, says director ... (http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/1856191/report-shobhaa-de-s-opinion-of-raanjhanaa-is-absurd-and-myopic-says-director-aanand-rai)- Daily News & Analysis

Brianengab
3rd July 2013, 11:45 AM
Shobhaa De's opinion of Raanjhanaa is absurd and myopic, says director ... (http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/1856191/report-shobhaa-de-s-opinion-of-raanjhanaa-is-absurd-and-myopic-says-director-aanand-rai)- Daily News & Analysis

shabbaaa..innum ethanai pear'kku vayithu erichalo... :banghead:

mappi
3rd July 2013, 01:57 PM
Have not seen the movie, so no comments on that. But looking at the 2 articles, they both do not make anything clear. Shoba De, a reputed author, got to be more diplomatic when taking the critics role. Her critism seems to be one sided and focussed only a specific feature of a character missing the other valuble boosting points like music for exemple. And there is sarcasm when she is talking about performence. On the other hand Anand's attitude is a big question here. An actor or film marker is bounced by any tom dick and harry as soon as their work hits the screen. Now, its absolutely their choice to react to all those publicly. Anand should have ignored Shoba De, and concentrated on the good reception of the film. If he dared to reply, then he got to come up with arguments as he is in the position to explain. Instead he gives a lecture about Love in 2 different layers of the same soceity, which for him maybe true, but ofcoarse most of them are not aware of it. For exemple, a city based love failure subject does not at any point of time glorify or justify acid attacks ... I hope any film maker & all audience understand that before getting into heated arguments. Atleast Anand could have made a personel call rather than going public. Shoba De has cunningly painted the "woman' thing, whereas Anand's reply just ignites and invites much more critisism by taking the bait.

balaajee
4th July 2013, 11:24 AM
Sonam Kapoor waiting for Dhanush's 'Mariyaan' (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/Sonam-Kapoor-waiting-for-Dhanushs-Mariyaan/articleshow/20907058.cms)- Times of India

balaajee
4th July 2013, 01:13 PM
"I don't ever want to lose Sonam and Dhanush" - Aanand L. Rai (http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/movies/features/type/view/id/5190)- bollywoodhungama

balaajee
5th July 2013, 06:04 PM
Pak film censor Board bans Raanjhanaa

The Pakistan Film Censor Board has banned the exhibition of Dhanush and Sonam Kapoor starrer Raanjhanaa because of its alleged "controversial theme". The Central Board of Film Censors in Pakistan banned the film shortly before its scheduled release, Chief Executive Officer of IMGC Global
related storiesBollywood release: Raanjhanaa

Entertainment Amjad Rasheed, the importer of the film said.
Earlier the Censor Board had also banned films like Ek Tha Tiger, GI Joe, Agent Vinod for their controversial themes and "anti-Pakistan" sentiments.
Chief Executive Officer of IMGC Global Entertainment Amjad Rasheed, the importer of Raanjhanaa, told The Express Tribune that he received a letter from CBFC with directives to shelve the film's release. "The letter from CBFC states that the film portrays an inapt image of a Muslim girl (played by Sonam Kapoor) falling in love with a Hindu man and having an affair with him."

Anand L Rai's Raanjhanaa's release in Pakistan was scheduled during the last week of June. Pakistani singer Shiraz Uppal has also lent his voice for the title track of the film, composed by AR Rehman.

The Bollywood film's plot portrays Muslim girl Zoya (Sonam) falling in love with Kundan (Dhanush) and later Jasjeet Singh (Abhey Deol). The film starts with pundit's Hindu Brahmin son Kundan falling for Zoya at first sight. He follows her to school, after school, in the market — almost everywhere.

After getting slapped 16 times by Zoya, Kundan finally gets to know her name, but his hesitation that she will reject him because of his religion leads him to introduce himself as Rizwan. She agrees to meet him behind a temple, but the meeting does not turn out well as Zoya finds out that he's Hindu.

As the story unfolds, Zoya also develops feelings for Kundan, however, her parents find out about it and send her off to Delhi in order to protect the family's honour. Later in Delhi, Zoya falls in love with Jasjeet Singh, a student leader who also leads a political party.

Mahen
7th July 2013, 03:07 PM
Danush u jentilman :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVC2ujvLfTA

Mahen
7th July 2013, 03:09 PM
Dhanush having a blast..finally hes having fun :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLMVCbZcDzQ